JLKevents Reviews

JLKevents 5
JLKevents 6
JLKevents 7

Jessica · Married on 04/29/2017

Liz and Jamie of JLK Events were great to work with. They made the planning process easy and understood our personalities completely based on what we told them we liked. My husband and I were very indecisive on what to pic for our music selection for the ceremony. I knew that I did not want anything traditional for the ceremony. They were quick to jump in with ideas. We ended up loving their ideas, and took there suggestions and were finally able to pick the music for the ceremony. I had no Idea that they hooked both my husband and the officiant up to microphones during the ceremony until after the ceremony was over. I loved that they did that though. The music during the reception was just right and gave off the right vibe. Dinner music was perfect, and after dinner everyone took to the dance floor and danced the night away. Everything turned out Great, and I can't say enough about Jamie and the JLK events crew! I highly recommend JLK Events for any event you have going on.. They are very helpful through out the planning process, and make it simple. Once the event rolls around you won't regret hiring them!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Cheryl · Married on 04/28/2017

Henry's personality and skill was top notch. We absolutely loved him He did an amazing job! Kept everyone on the dance floor. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ/MC.

Sent on 05/08/2017

Angel · Married on 04/22/2017

Henry Race was our DJ for our beach wedding in Hilton Head. Henry was very organized, professional, and I could tell he had a lot of experience. He played amazing songs that had our guests dancing and having a great time. He played all the songs we requested and kept us on track throughout the evening. He met with us every time we requested a meeting and was very detail oriented. I would recommend Henry for any events!

Sent on 04/26/2017

Rebecca` · Married on 04/15/2017

Hands down the best decision we made when planning our wedding! JLK Events had the lighting and our DJ Gary Lucca who was more or less my planner/day of guy who kept the whole event in motion and running smoothly as I was 30+ min late and that really threw things off! But he kept it all under control and flowing perfectly! His dedication to me as the bride throughout the whole planning process is irreplaceable! Even when I wasn't the easiest to contact, he never stopped trying and he helped my incredibly indecisive self make choices whenever I asked for it! He was very personable to not only us, but family during the planking process! Talking with my mom multiple times, listening to her just chat about her life for God knows how long... he's truly gifted at what he does as a DJ, and a gifted person who can connect with people! The surprises he had for my husband and I during the reception literally brought us to tears! Nothing can compare to him "bringing family who couldn't make it, to our wedding"!! That was one of the most memorable, special moments of the whole event for us... thank you Gary!!!
    Jamie and the lighting crew were great from the first "venue visit"! I'm not a visual person so being the first wedding at our venue, I had nothing to compare to... I put my faith in JLK Events and it paid off in a way I never imagined! It was beautifully perfect! I honestly cant express how happy and grateful we are that they were the ones we hired for our wedding. I'd do it over and over again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 04/18/2017

Coleman · Married on 04/08/2017

JLK events was the life of the party at our wedding! After the first time of meeting with them, my wife and I immediately knew our wedding ceremony and reception would be absolutely perfect, and it was nothing short of that. JLK events takes care of the biggest task to the smallest details and we couldn't be more thankful! We love JLK events!

Sent on 04/22/2017

Cole · Married on 04/08/2017

We loved having JLK events at our wedding!! They did such a fantastic job of following up with us prior to the wedding, time after time, to make sure we were all on the same page with everything!! They're the best!

Sent on 04/24/2017

Samantha · Married on 04/08/2017

From day one of contacting JLKevents about being involved in doing the music, dj, and lighting for my our son's wedding, they were attentive on every detail. They met several times with my son and his future wife, and kept us informed on special things and every special request we had was followed through perfectly. These guys know this business and knew how to make people very happy. I would definitely recommend them to anyone without a doubt.

Sent on 05/04/2017

Mike · Married on 04/08/2017

JLK Events absolutely hands down the best ! The team work & professionalism they displayed from the time they arrived to the time they left was 2nd to none. The planning was right on point. They planned weeks/months in advance and that is why the wedding and reception went with any hiccups.
    I would highly recommend JLK Events for a wedding , reception or an event.
    Mike
    Aiken, SC

Sent on 04/11/2017
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 04/08/2017

Gary Lucca and the JLK team was just absolutely top notch. He worked so well with Tracey (at Berkeley Hall) and all of our vendors to help our dream wedding come to life. He did the music and audio as well as lighting for our entire event (ceremony and reception). He killed it. Our whole wedding was dancing and having a great time which is exactly what we asked for. Love you Gary! Thanks again!!!

Sent on 04/13/2017

Amber · Married on 04/08/2017

As the mother of the bride, booking with JLK Events gave me a tremendous sense of comfort. Jamie worked with the bride and groom to customize a night that matched their wedding dreams, making sure all details were exactly perfect. Jamie helped create a wedding ceremony that was flawless! As the Wedding Master, he took total charge of the reception from announcing the bridal party, playing fabulous tunes that got the guest involved and excited to the simple details such as dismissing tables to the buffet line. Jamie is extremely easy to work with, professional and super organized. He has high quality equipment and is extremely talented in his ability to manage events. Jamie and his wife Liz helped create a magical wedding ceremony and an electrified reception that created a night to remember. Using JLK Events was undeniably the best choice and highly recommended.
    Amber B
    Clover, SC

Sent on 05/05/2017

Lauren · Married on 04/02/2017

After booking with another company, I found out the day before our wedding at 11am that my DJ was brought to the hospital and would not be able to dJ our wedding. Instantly wanting to cry, I was then told that Gary would be filling in. We meet with Gary at our venue at 4pm and he sat down with us, which he mentioned he does 3-4 months before a wedding and went over all of our song choices (many that the previous company had not even asked us). I shared with Gary that I have NO idea on some of the song and music choices because we were never asked. He made suggestions. The night of our wedding was amazing! Gary knew exactly what music to play and how to get ALL of our guests up and dancing.

Sent on 04/04/2017

JLKevents's reply:

Thanks so much, it was an honor to be part of your wedding day, 39 amazing people.

Susan · Married on 03/25/2017

It was beautiful!!! JLK was a vendor that I never had to worry about. They were early, fast, and professional!

Sent on 06/13/2017

Sydney · Married on 02/25/2017

If you are looking into JLK Events... booking GARY is a MUST! I couldn't have asked for a better DJ. He added so many thoughtful touches. I am still having family and friends calling and texting me telling me what a fantastic job Gary did. I would recommend him over and over.

Sent on 04/24/2018

Grace · Married on 12/31/2016

I really wanted to make sure that everyone at our wedding had a great time and kept dancing. JLK worked closely with me and my now-husband to make sure that he knew what music we liked and played it. Our DJ also took the time to get to know us and our families so that he could make the event even more personal. The wedding reception was a blast and guests are still raving about how much fun the party was! I cannot recommend these guys enough!!

Sent on 01/11/2017

JLKevents's reply:

DJ Gary puts his heart into what he does. He really cares about his couples and it shows with his performance. Thank you for your recommendation!

Thomas · Married on 11/04/2016

Gary was sensational. He had a few tricks up his sleeve that left us in tears. He is not your every day dj. He made us feel as if we were the only wedding he has ever done. Very personable, respectful, and a hell of a dj to boot. Wish we could go back and relive that night every weekend. Gary is a main reason for that!

Thanks Gary!! We will never forget you or the night you helped all of us have.

Sent on 12/12/2016

JLKevents's reply:

Thanks so much. Gary goes above and beyond every time.

Kaelyn · Married on 11/04/2016

We absolutely loved Henry. He listened to everything I asked for and wanted and made it happen. He kept people dancing and involved during the whole reception we couldn't have been and more happy with our choice in Henry! The whole night was more then I could have ever imagined thanks to Henry. He went above and beyond by even helping to set up decorations he wasn't involved with. We were extremely happy with our choice in him!

Sent on 11/18/2016

Maggie · Married on 10/22/2016

I cannot say enough about this company. From the moment I first emailed them about price quotes Liz was so quick to respond! She was so friendly and helpful. I had done my homework on every DJ within a 100 mile radius of my wedding. I decided to book them for not just DJ services for the reception, but also for the lighting, custom monogram on the dance floor, and the ceremony music. DJ Gary reached out to me very early on and set up a meeting with me and my husband to go over everything. He was so thorough! He went over the entire timeline of events for the wedding day. We continued to email back and forth until a few days before the wedding. He wanted to meet one last time to go over everything. I had just gotten to the venue on Thursday (we all stayed on site) and he so graciously came to the venue to meet with me and my wedding planner. The two of them had it all planned and I didn't have to worry about a thing! DJ Gary was absolutely amazing throughout the ceremony and the reception. The cafe lighting was amazing and made my reception look like a dream. The custom monogram lighting on the dance floor really made a statement. It was so beautiful. My biggest fear was that the dance floor wouldn't be full. He really read the crowd and I couldn't believe how many people filled the dance floor throughout the entire reception! People still tell me that it was the best party they've ever been to. And I know that it is in big part to DJ Gary! Also, LOVED the surprise at the end. My husband and I were so shocked. My photographer got some great photos of us during the last song. BEST NIGHT EVER!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Hannah · Married on 10/15/2016

I had a wonderful experience working with Jamie and Liz at JLK. Jamie personally provided my DJ services that evening and they also provided some great event lighting that added that extra special touch. Both Jamie and Liz went above and beyond in making sure that every detail was accounted for, every name was pronounced correctly, and they truly understood what was important to us on our special day. We live locally so were fortunate to be able to have multiple face-to-face meetings with both Jamie and Liz to ensure every detail was reviewed. Your DJ is such an important role as this is the person who will emcee and control the pace and flow of the evening and Jamie is effortless in this process and has years of experience. Worth every penny!!!

Sent on 10/29/2016

Susan · Married on 10/01/2016

We are very pleased with our decision to book JLK events for their DJ services for our daughter's recent wedding. Gary Lucca was our DJ and we couldn't have asked for anyone better. He was professional every step of the way and he did his homework and planning well in advance of the wedding to help create a memorable event from the moment the music started until the last song was played. The dance floor was full the entire evening with a variety of music that engaged all age groups. We received lots of compliments from our guests and EVERYONE had a wonderful time. Gary was also a great MC for the evening. He worked with our daughter and the venue in advance of the wedding to create a timeline that kept everything on schedule (announcement of the wedding party, toasts, first dances, cake cutting, etc.) for the entire event. Kudos to Gary and his assistant for making it a great wedding!

Sent on 10/13/2016

Jenny · Married on 10/01/2016

We loved using JLK Events and DJ Gary Lucca for our wedding. Gary did the most amazing job, as well as his assistant. He was personable and made the night go off without a hitch. Our guests could not stay off the dance floor, Gary knew just what to play to keep our guests having fun and entertained. He made sure to take all our requests and make them real! His MC work kept the night flowing without a hitch or any weird down-time! Our guests thoroughly enjoyed him, his selection, and the dancing. Gary also put together a piece with my husbands family of a special message from his grandfather who couldn't attend. After the wedding, Gary sent us recordings from our ceremony, which was so special and unexpected! I would hire this company again without hesitation.

Sent on 10/21/2016

April · Married on 09/30/2016

Really friendly and took our suggestions to heart! We greatly appreciated the extra mile Gary went for our reception and meeting us in person before the wedding (destination wedding). Thank you for everything!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Kelsey · Married on 09/24/2016

Every aspect of working with JLK was better than I could have hoped for! All of the staff is so professional and they always kept in touch with me. Liz always responded quickly to any emails and even mailed me a wedding planning book as a gift. I cannot sing their praises enough! You will be glad you did!

Sent on 10/09/2016

Kim · Married on 09/04/2016

We had a terrific experience from beginning to end with JLK and Gary Lucca. They offer a full spectrum of pricing options (based on experience) and we ended up choosing Gary for both the ceremony music AND the wedding. Best. Decision. Ever. THANK YOU is not nearly enough for the memories that Gary created. Every single minute of the ceremony and reception was absolutely incredible...from the recorded vows to the custom dance mixes, an unmatched level of professionalism and the fact that there was not a SINGLE minute that the dance floor wasn't packed. We received (and continue to receive) so many compliments from the guests that this was the best, most touching and "personalized" wedding they have ever been to - all made possible by Gary. He worked with ALL of our "visions" and requests, and made them come to life...NOT an easy task...but executed to perfection! Thank you for making our wedding TRULY the "best day of our life"...how we wish there was a "replay" button! We are so very grateful. Once again...THANK YOU!

Sent on 09/12/2016

Delaney · Married on 09/03/2016

From the personal touches (vows in our first dance song and "hello" from our Uncle Pat who couldn't attend) to Gary's personality, JLK Events is the best company for entertainment! In my experience, other DJ's just play the music and come off awkward and forced when speaking over the microphone. Gary not only played the music, but added personal touches to special songs and was very personable with all of our guests. He is a DJ that all of our guests will remember! The company works around your wants and needs to make sure that your big day is everything you ever dreamed of! We still have people calling us to rave about Gary! You will not be disappointed with JLK Events!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Jacob · Married on 09/03/2016

Book it...you won't regret it!

Henry was nothing but class! Great guy to work with and would use him again in a heartbeat. Brought great energy and enthusiasm to the reception and made sure to include everyone as much as he could. Really played some great music as well and got everyone dancing the whole night. Echoing what I said above about the music. Henry really listened to our wants and stuck with those throughout the night as well as adding in some of his own flavor that went over very will with our crowd. We danced as long as we were allowed too and the party stayed on the dance floor almost all night! All of my family and friends kept commenting how they had soo much fun and and absolute blast of a party. With everyone traveling from afar, its nice to be able to provide a great time and see everyone enjoying themselves so much. Definitely a party that we will all remember!

Sent on 01/09/2017