JLKevents Reviews

305 Reviews for JLKevents

• Keali

Keali L. · Getting married on 06/10/2022

We love DJ Tim & JLK Events

JLK Events was one of our smartest hires for our wedding. Their entire team is extremely professional and highly responsive to any emails, calls, questions, etc. Their lighting and tech set up was seamless and beautiful. DJ Tim was very flexible when last minute changes arose and was very thorough with planning and preparation. He listened to our ideas while also providing professional recommendations and suggestions. We love the Vibo app that they shared with us to make music selections easy. We knew what to expect at all times and JLK delivered on their promise to make sure our guests had a great time. Our dance floor was never empty for the entirety of our event. We cannot recommend this vendor enough!!

Sent on 11/01/2020

George M. · Getting married on 06/09/2022

DJ Gary Lucca was amazing!!

DJ Gary Lucca was amazing!! He DJ'ed our family reunion in Hilton Head at the triangle. At one point I looked around and all 50 of us were dancing, what a truly incredible experience! The selection of music he had was on point too, including his transitions from song to song. A night we won't forget ever, that's for sure!

Sent on 10/05/2020

Austin N. · Married on 03/19/2021

Gary with JLK

Gary was absolutely amazing, couldn’t recommend him enough! Everyone has told me how great my DJ was! Gary knows how to get the party started and keep it going all night! Book him!!

Sent on 04/29/2021

JLKevents's reply:

Thanks for taking the time to review Gary and JLK events. We think he is pretty awesome too. We hope your marriage is a great as the event that started things off.

Michael R. · Married on 03/07/2021

What a night at Sea Pines Country Club

My wife and I had our destination wedding in Hilton Head and we used JLK Events. Our DJ Gary was so easy to work with we had couple face to face as well as FaceTime meeting to go over music and details. He his attention to what we wanted was very comforting. We went over the list the week of the wedding and he had everything planned out for us. We could have not asked for a more seamless event. We heard from all our guests how much fun they had that night and Gary was a big part of that.

Sent on 12/03/2019
  • Megann

Megann S. · Married on 03/02/2021

Phenomenal

Gary exceeded all expectations! He was personable and responsive to everything we had requested. His experience showed with the way he handled our wedding from start to finish. Absolutely recommend!

Sent on 03/07/2021
  • Lindsey

Lindsey G. · Married on 12/12/2020

BEST DJ and lighting company ever!

Tim is the absolute best DJ in the area!! I met him at a bridal show, and I knew that I wanted his MC skills to hype up the crowd. He was thorough in helping us with a timeline, and worked well with all vendors. He was able to get all the key aspects of our wedding dream down! JLK also supplies other options for lighting. They put up lamps on various stairs. They also put cafe lights in our ballroom, which made it look so much better!! Gave it an "under the tent" feel. We had a spotlight put above our sweetheart table with our new table. Highly recommend JLK with all your music and lighting needs!

Sent on 12/15/2020
  • Madalyn

Madalyn A. · Married on 11/19/2020

Small wedding with amazing music!

We chose to move our wedding to HHI due to Covid-19 and significantly reduced our guest count, I was worried with a reduced number of guests the “party” aspect would subside- but DJ at I’m brought the party! Highly recommend, he even had an assistant to assist while he introduced wedding party among other duties that aren’t typically seen from a DJ.

Sent on 11/24/2020

Elizabeth B. · Married on 11/07/2020

Amazing Team Made the Night

Seriously, I couldn’t have asked for a better team. The overall vibe is so fun and exciting. I loved the app they offered that helps us narrow down songs, because boy is that a task. Their services help make all of the challenges of wedding planning so much easier. Tim and his assistant (I wish I remembered her name/she was lovely) made our wedding day so special! We had some troubles with a crazy lady next door, (lol) but this didn’t phase our event at all ESPECIALLY because we had them. They made sure to make us feel so special, wish a custom song, and keep the event running. Everyone was on the dance floor dancing. I’m so grateful for them and every attention to detail. If I ever have another event in Hilton Head, I will be booking Tim! He’s such a natural when it comes to engaging an audience. I’m so glad someone recommended them!

Oh, they also did the lighten for our event! If you look at the photos attached you can see how it speaks for itself. It was absolutely beautiful! They really made it all glow.

Sent on 11/15/2020

Kelsey S. · Married on 10/24/2020

AMAZING Experience with DJ Gary from JLK Events

You will not regret hiring JLK in any capacity, but especially the opportunity to work with Gary Lucca is one you won't want to miss. From day one, Gary was an integral part of our special day. All culminating to the day of the wedding where Gary went above and beyond to make our day incredibly special and even more memorable than one could imagine. Gary was a pleasure to work with, through and through, and is a genuinely wonderful person. I would recommend Gary to absolutely anyone needing a DJ for their event. You will NOT regret it!! :) We love you, Gary!!

Sent on 11/11/2020

Josh R. · Married on 10/17/2020

Awesome Experience

Tim was awesome. Great music. Kept the party going. Incredibly easy to work with

Sent on 10/18/2020

Nick W. · Married on 10/17/2020

Exceptional!

Gary with JLK Events made our big day absolutely perfect. His knowledge and expertise made it stress-free for us on our wedding day as well as the months, weeks and days leading up to it. I highly recommend Gary as well as JLK events.

Sent on 11/08/2020

Jordyn L. · Married on 10/10/2020

AMAZING! And so much fun!!

JLK Events + DJ Gary Lucca with JLK, were more than we could’ve imagined! We had the perfect reception and our guests (including my dad who never dances) danced the ENTIRE TIME. He went above and beyond to throw our light sabers into the crowd, the lighting was amazing and set the mood for a fun atmosphere. I couldn’t have asked for a better company to help with our music and lighting. The meetings leading up to the wedding were so above and beyond what they needed to do, but they made sure to get every single detail so we had no errors AT ALL. Thank you, thank you to the team at JLK and DJ Gary - you are truly amazing at what you do and I cannot thank you enough!

Sent on 09/22/2020
  • Heather

Heather R. · Married on 10/10/2020

Exceptional!

JLK Was incredible. My wedding was a destination wedding in Hilton head and I was unable to go directly to the venue location to go over decorative details and lighting. Jamie was absolutely fabulous and helping me figure out the best lighting for my reception location. I felt like between the lighting and the decorations and everything wrapped up together that my wedding came out of Instagram or a wedding magazine. I truly couldn’t be happier in my expectations were far exceeded.

Sent on 10/13/2020

JLKevents's reply:

It was truly a pleasure working with you!! We wish you a lifetime of happiness!! Thanks for choosing JLK!
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/10/2020

Lighting compliments galore!

The JLK Events team arrived the day before our wedding to set up our lighting and arrived the day after to take it down. I never even saw them. It was seamless! The cafe/bistro lights were one of my favorite parts of the entire wedding. I got more than I paid for as we had the incredible lighting for an extra day. I’d recommend JLK any day!

Sent on 10/19/2020

Anthony B. · Married on 10/01/2020

The best!!

DJ Gary truly was the best person to DJ our wedding. He was professional, insightful, cooperative and made this process so easy.

Sent on 10/03/2020

Kelly H. · Married on 10/01/2020

My original dj cancelled on me 11 days before my wedding and Gary Lucca saved our wedding!!

Gary Lucca was a life saver!! My dj cancelled on me 11 days before my wedding and I was in panic mode. The first person I called was Gary and he made himself available to help us out. He did such an amazing job and my friends and family loved him! I would recommend him to anyone having an event who wants a fun and professional entertainer. He listened to every crazy detail I gave him 😆 and delivered on such short notice! 5++ stars for me!!!

Sent on 10/19/2020
  • Jonathan

Jonathan E. · Married on 09/05/2020

Best wedding DJ. Hands down.

we got exactly what we paid for. Service was top notch, everything was explained. Gary was very detailed, execution was flawless. If another event came up my expectations have been met. I would be calling JLK (Gary) again. Thank you again!!!

Sent on 09/19/2020

JLKevents's reply:

Thanks, Jonathan, we appreciate this so much. We hope and pray for a long and prosperous future for your new family.
  • Amanda

Amanda B. · Married on 08/08/2020

We love DJ Gary!!!

Oh my goodness, y'all. DJ Gary... hands DOWN, the BEST DJ you could possibly hire. My husband and I have been to sooo many weddings, and DJ Gary is by far, the most amazing we've ever met.
    He knows his stuff, and he is as sweet and funny as can be. You won't regret hiring him!

Sent on 08/16/2020
  • Renee

Renee P. · Married on 08/08/2020

DJ Gary is the BEST!

DJ Gary knows how to help your guests get out on to the floor and have a great time! He is not only a DJ, he is also your MC and your friend. He ensures that your reception flows nicely according to the timeline, and he can adjust beautifully if something changes. He really is the BEST.

Sent on 09/05/2020

Nathan B. · Married on 08/03/2020

Couldn't be happier

Due to COVID-19 our wedding was rescheduled and eventually canceled altogether. JLK was amazing throughout the planning process! They were prepared to give us a fantastic day and seemed excited to do so as well! Due to COVID our big day unfortunately never happened (we did manage a courthouse marriage before they closed down). But, JLK remained professional and considerate throughout our canceling and refunding process. We understand that small businesses are struggling right now, so the fact that JLK chose to put us first in a hard time says the world about the people you'll be working with!
    10 out of 10 would recommend!

Sent on 08/03/2020
  • Kristin

Kristin B. · Married on 07/10/2020

Awesome DJ and event group!

Gary from JLK events did an amazing job at our wedding and was great to work with! He held meetings with us via skype prior to the wedding, and again in person the day before the wedding to make sure we were all on the same page and that he wasn't missing anything. He was very flexible with our schedules and easy going. He was also very receptive with our song ideas and the "vibe" we wanted for our cocktail hour and reception. Gary also gave suggestions and talked to us about what has worked best in the past from his experiences, which was so helpful! While playing music throughout the night he doesn't allow that awkward down time between songs which I thought was so important, too. Our wedding happened to be during a tropical storm, so we had to move things around and Gary did such a good job switching things up last minute! Lastly, he had a surprise for us where he incorporated our vows we said earlier in the night into our last dance song, which was such a special and unique touch that we will never forget. Everyone (young and old) had such a great time dancing the whole night thanks to Gary! All around an awesome DJ and I would definitely recommend him and JLK Events! :)

Sent on 11/19/2019

Victoria S. · Married on 06/06/2020

Best dj ever

DJ Tim was the DJ and MC for my wedding and I could not be happier with that decision. He did such an amazing job and was exactly what we were hoping for! Also, so so many of my friends and family have told me both on the wedding day and now days after how great of a job he did! I would 100% recommend him if you're looking for someone with an awesome personality who knows how to run a party! :)

Sent on 06/21/2020

JLKevents's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! Tim does a great job and he was so happy to be at your wedding after several months of not doing any!! We wish you a lifetime of happiness!!
  • Anna

Anna H. · Married on 06/05/2020

Best DJ Ever!

Gary from JLK Events was outstanding! He was our DJ for our wedding at the Omni Shorehouse in Hilton Head. He kept our guests dancing the whole time. He even surprised us with some very special things that added a personal touch to the event. He exceeded our expectations. Many guests complimented us that he was the best DJ they had ever heard at a wedding!

Sent on 06/07/2019
  • Karen

Karen J. · Married on 05/16/2020

When Plans change Some people get better

We had to reschedule a May 2020 wedding twice. The event went from a large venue to our home. JLK came through with a better plan than the original. What a dream. If you ask yourself why lighting, don’t. It makes all the difference. JLK has the experience, the ideas and all the choices. It was absolutely gorgeous.

Sent on 08/24/2020

JLKevents's reply:

Thank you!! Getting to know your family made this even more special. We hope you enjoyed every minute of this intimate wedding celebration!
  • kimtcombs

Kim · Married on 03/01/2020

Combs Wedding 03/01/2020

Gary was not only exceptional the night of the wedding, but extremely attentive to our wants and needs leading up to the event. It is obvious that his natural demeanor coupled with his experience was integral to making our wedding so special. We couldn't have asked for more in a DJ or someone like Gary who also keeps the wedding streamline and organized through the entire night. We also wanted to note that Liz the owner was phenomenal as well!! She was extremely helpful and helped guide us along the way before placing us in the hands of Gary. Thanks team JLK Events!

Sent on 03/04/2020