JLKevents Reviews

JLKevents 7
  • Anna

Anna Huynh-Duc · Getting married on 06/05/2020

Best DJ Ever!

Gary from JLK Events was outstanding! He was our DJ for our wedding at the Omni Shorehouse in Hilton Head. He kept our guests dancing the whole time. He even surprised us with some very special things that added a personal touch to the event. He exceeded our expectations. Many guests complimented us that he was the best DJ they had ever heard at a wedding!

Sent on 06/07/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria West · Married on 09/01/2019

Dj gary is the best

DJ GARY IS THE BEST!!!! If you are looking for someone to make your wedding the best time, you have found the right guy. DJ Gary was so nice to work with. We had a destination wedding, so planning from 5 hours away could be stressful at times. Not with DJ Gary. He made the process so easy and smooth. And that was just the planning. When it came to the day of the wedding, he made my husband and I feel SO special. He throws in several extras that were so sweet and special to us. He kept everyone at the wedding out on the dance floor the entire time. Our guests all raved about how much fun they had. I just can’t say enough about him. We love DJ Gary!!

Sent on 09/14/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Horne · Married on 07/27/2019

Take it Easy, Hire Gary!

What a fabulous experience! Gary and JLK took care of everything! Gary worked with our wedding planner and photographer on the timelines and everything went off without a hitch. It was well planned, fun and easy. We had some remote sessions as this was a destination wedding and met in person in advance so we were comfortable. The music was what we asked for and for fun, since we had a toddler, he played "Baby Shark" without prompting - everyone loved it, including the toddler's parents.
    I don't have the party photos back yet, but trust me, everyone had fun!

Sent on 08/09/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Lindblad · Married on 06/29/2019

JLK Events & DJ Gary perfectly executed our wedding vision!

JLK Events and our MC/DJ Gary Lucca Made our wedding vision come to life! We hired them to execute lighting and sound. The lighting was the perfect glow into the evening. Gary, our DJ was amazing. He was the perfect amount of energy and sincerity. Excellent! 5-Stars

Sent on 08/01/2019

Joy Muncy · Married on 06/22/2019

Wedding Music

Billy & Glenn did an excellent job at my wedding. They were so friendly & fun, could not ask for a better DJ/MC combo!

• Dawn

Dawn Zugan · Married on 06/20/2019

Destination Wedding in Bluffton, SC

We found JLK Events from our venue, Venue1223, in Bluffton, SC. We left our first meeting feeling like we were already friends with Jamie and Liz. They shared their story of starting their business, and we were most impressed with the fact that they practice upcoming events once a week together. Since we are from Ohio, we had 3 video conferences with DJ Tim. He was attentive in listening to our daughter's vision of steering away from the common wedding music and had great suggestions to complete her vision. There was never a moment when the dance floor was unoccupied, not once! And many guests complimented on his great smile :). Thank you Jamie & Liz and DJ Tim for creating and fulfilling our daughter's dream wedding, Dawn

• Danielle

Danielle · Married on 06/15/2019

Perfection

I found JLK on both wedding wire and the knot and they were highly recommended. They deserve every single recommendation they get! After reading reviews Gary Lucca's name kept coming up so we went with him and couldn't have made a better choice! Gary was absolutely amazing throughout the whole process and a pleasure to work with. We are from NC and got married at the sea pines resort on Hilton Head Island so it was a destination wedding for both us and our family and friends. Gary made everything so incredibly easy! It took me over 8 months to get the music done (music was one of the most important things to me) and Gary was so very patient and helpful the whole way. Any last minute changes he made without even blinking. On wedding day Gary was perfection. Our day was flawless and the night of our lives. A night that every single guest we had, had an absolutely fantastic time. Thank you so much again Gary and JLK. If you don't use JLK and Gary Lucca you are doing it wrong!

Sent on 07/24/2019
    JLKevents 8
    JLKevents 9
    JLKevents 10

Tim Grady · Married on 06/14/2019

Great music

We had a blast with Gary! He was super accommodating and very fun for all ages. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/14/2019

S Geist · Married on 06/08/2019

DJ Gary Lucca

Gary was extremely professional and flexible. His music selection was spot on. He provided the atmosphere our party needed to make our guests happy!

Sent on 06/13/2019
  • Mercedes

Mercedes · Married on 06/01/2019

Dj tim - the best

We used JLK Events for DJ and lighting. DJ Tim was all about our crazy ideas and did a really good job of accommodating our taste in music and entertaining our guests. The dance floor was hardly ever empty during our reception!

We had 2 meetings with him prior to our event, in which we talked about general expectations, timelines, and special music requests. He showed me how to add music to the online portal and make notes about each song.

During our reception, DJ Tim had uplighting set up. We went with a basic candlelight color, but as the party continued, Tim would change the color to match the mood and my wedding colors.

Liz, at JLK was always really easy to get a hold of when I had questions about payments or wanted to add to my package. I ended up adding the rope light chandelier featured on JLK's website over my head table and it really brought dimension and attention to me and my husband.

During the planning process, I had no idea that Tim called my husband with an idea to surprise me and guests. It was such a memorable and adorable gesture they both schemed on. DJ TIM, YOU ARE AWESOME! I highly recommend him.

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Emileigh

Emileigh · Married on 06/01/2019

Incredible!

Gary was absolutely AMAZING from beginning to end and beyond! From the first time I spoke with Gary, he was on top of everything. He is organized, professional and helped come up with great ideas to create the perfect reception! I seriously cannot say enough about Gary! The music was spot on, the introductions were perfect and he single-handedly made the night run as smoothly as possible! 100% recommend him to ANYONE!!

• Roberta

Roberta Brehm · Married on 05/26/2019

Blew our expectations out of the water!

Tim was our DJ for our wedding. He did an absolutely phenomenal job. He got the party started and kept it going. You could tell he had a great sense of the crowd and the type of music they wanted to listen too. He even did an awesome remix of Journey that had audio clips from our ceremony mixed in. It got everyone out on the dance floor for the last song of the night! I would highly highly highly recommend Tim to anyone! Also JLK uses this great App that you can use to select songs you definitely want to hear and songs you don't want to hear. So easy to use and makes the planning a breeze!

Sent on 06/15/2019
  • Corey

Corey · Married on 05/25/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

Tim and JLK Event was amazing! They made my husband and my special day truly great. Our families come from two completely different cultures and Tim was able to mix in the music perfectly to compliment both of our heritages!

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing experience with JLK!

Tim was our DJ with JLK and did an AMAZING job! He came highly recommended and lived up and more to every recommendation. He knew exactly what we wanted and during our meeting with him we felt so at ease that he had it handled! He was so flexible with some different ideas we had and helped execute everything and the timeline perfectly. He kept everyone on the dance ALL NIGHT LONG which is what we wanted. Such a fun, easy going guy to work with. Highly recommend you request Tim as your DJ, he will do a great job! Thank you for everything!

Jlk also did uplighting inside and cafe lighting for us outside, which all looked beautiful. They again helped execute every detail we wanted and asked for.

Sent on 06/08/2019

Chaz Bronson · Married on 05/17/2019

DJ GARY is the bomb!

DJ Gary made our wedding so special! He included all of our family and surprised us with some recorded messages! He was very organized and made our wedding experience 100 times better. He also made sure everyone had fun on the dance floor. You will not regret booking DJ Gary!!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Lori H · Married on 05/10/2019

DJ for a ‘Glow Party’

Gary Lucca was exceptional as a DJ ! We had a 5th grade glow party at the Elementary school, he read the audience and make it appropriate for the kids ! He was very responsive and very reasonable !

Sent on 05/13/2019

May Raible-Pecora · Married on 04/27/2019

The Perfect Day made perfect by the Perfect DJ

Gary Lucca was absolutely amazing to work with from start to finish. He was always so responsive and really helped the bride and groom (my daughter and son-in-law) figure out what would work best any time they were indecisive. Gary took a ton of time to get to know them and made sure their wedding truly reflected their personal style. Everyone had such a great time, which was really the most important thing to all of us. Family and friends keep telling us how much fun they had at my daughter's wedding! JLK Events was honestly one of the best decisions we made. If you are still looking for your DJ - stop. You will not be disappointed! :) Highly HIGHLY recommend Gary and JLK Events!!

Sent on 04/30/2019

Megan Foltanski · Married on 04/27/2019

Best of the best dj!

Gary Lucca and JLK Events were absolutely phenomenal at our wedding! Not only did he give us an over the top, incredible experience, but he surprised us with a couple extra, sentimental touches that made our wedding perfect! He was highly recommended to us and we could not have picked a better person to have made our special day one we will never forget!

Sent on 05/28/2019

Ellie · Married on 04/26/2019

Loved their cafe lights!

We even walked in to our rehearsal the day before and the cafe lights were already installed. I loved how quickly Liz responded to my e-mails and their automatic e-mail reminders/check lists were also helpful. Very pleased with everything.

Sent on 05/04/2019

Callan · Married on 03/23/2019

Go for Gary!

Gary (and JLK in general) was easy to work with. Gary made the process seamless and we completely trusted his judgement to make our reception one to remember. He did not disappoint! Our dance floor was packed all night and he knew just when to play what. He's a great guy and we'd highly recommend Gary at JLK!

Sent on 04/14/2019

Morgan · Married on 12/30/2018

Gary is the best!

JLK was amazing to work with and we are SO HAPPY that we had Gary DJ our wedding. The planning process was super easy with Liz helping to answer questions. We were planning a destination wedding in HHI, so we read a lot of reviews and researched a ton before booking. Gary was amazing; he met with us over the summer to get to know my Husband and I, walk through the music we wanted to hear and how we wanted our reception & ceremony to flow. Gary was super detailed and made us feel comfortable from the start; he was also great with follow up on any questions we had. We also met with Gary a couple days before the wedding and ran through everything again to make sure nothing changed. The day of the wedding Gary and Tim were super professional and made sure everything was perfect! Gary even planned a few surprises for me that really made the day special! We also did the uplighting for the venue space through JLK and it looked perfect! We are thrilled that we chose Gary & JLK for our wedding!!!!

Sent on 01/18/2019

Ashley Hillyer · Married on 11/24/2018

DJ Tim hands down best DJ ever

DJ Tim was awesome!! He got the party started and kept it going till the night ended! I will be recommending him to anyone that asks for a great DJ!! Thank you for making our special day so memorable!!!

Sent on 12/01/2018
  • Molly

Molly Hayes · Married on 11/03/2018

Gary is Amazing!

We knew that music was important to us, and to the party as a whole. We had discussed a band, but decided it wasn’t within our budget, and knew that we needed to find a DJ who could be just as interactive and engaging as a 5 piece band. I had worked with Gary a few times before, and everyone of those weddings stood out in my mind as a great party, where everyone danced all night long. After booking we knew we had made the best decision, Gary helped us plan how our reception would flow, and helped fill in song suggestions when we weren’t sure what we wanted. He added personal touches to the reception, like announcing how long our parents had been married during their introductions, and remixing a couple songs we love to dance too, to make a mash-up. He was able to handle my wild family with ease, and made the whole day so memorable. Booking Gary for your wedding will be one of the best choices you make!

Sent on 12/02/2018
  • Nikki

Nicole · Married on 10/19/2018

GARY was a Rock Star!

Gary was so personable. Played all the music we requested. He even went out of his way to get to know all members of the wedding party, and even contacted our Mom's beforehand to go over the details of the event. Gary @ JLK was TOP NOTCH, by far the best DJ experience we have ever had!!!
    Everyone LOVED Gary!!

Sent on 11/01/2018

Alysha Kristoff · Married on 10/12/2018

DJ/Wedding

DJ Gary is phenomenal! I would recommend him to anyone in Hilton Head, SC. I couldnt have been more happy with my experience!

Sent on 10/20/2018