JK Wedding Events Reviews

JK Wedding Events 7
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 04/27/2019

Absolutely perfect

My husband and I searched high and low for a bilingual MC/DJ for our wedding in NorCal and had absolutely no luck so we looked a little further afield and found Jimmy. Jimmys prices were really reasonable and he has a unique hook to draw in the guests - he is an amazing singer! He was super responsive and helpful throughout the whole wedding process and did an amazing job with the everything during the wedding. The guests absolutely adored him and were amazed by his singing, and I got multiple comments on how funny he was. I literally regret nothing about hiring Jimmy and would do it again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 05/11/2019

Jeanne Yi · Married on 03/03/2019

Smooth ride~!

I had great pleasure having JK Wedding Ent. (Jimmy) as my MC for my wedding recently. I believe JK is the #1 one stop MC + Dj directory you'll only need for any events. As I was planning my own wedding I've learned how important music, timeline, and especially pleasing all of our guests were until Jimmy took me on a one on one tour! Truly amazing!

During my wedding we did have a little bump and right when I was about to freak out.. Jimmy came to rescue and totally saved the day for us! Well experienced and knows exactly what to do when things start to look rough! (thank you)

As a detailed individual myself I was lucky to write down literally all the songs I wanted the Dj to place during our reception... we got just that! Perfect! (Future Bride & Groom... as long you know know exactly what you want and don't want..you'll be fine.. just make clear for the MC & DJ... they actually take it all in and play it out very well!)

May I add... Jimmy does sing very well. Most of my guests thought he was lip syncing! ... but he wasn't!!! CRAZY! ^_^

For any events I highly recommend JK WEDDING ENT.

Doesn't hurt to give them a call!

Thank you guys!

Sent on 03/08/2019
  • I

Irene · Married on 02/09/2019

Can't ask for more

Jimmy and Yoomin made a perfect team together! We hired them as MC/DJ/month-of coordinator for our wedding in La Jolla, and we couldn’t ask for more. Jimmy and Yoomin are such a friendly and professional couple.

Jimmy is a humorous MC, a fantastic DJ and a great singer at the same time. He kept the crowd engaged and entertained throughout the night without any downtime. He even sang a wonderful song as a prelude to our grand entrance. How lovely! He listened to what we had in mind in terms of the music and MC service before the wedding, and he made sure to execute our requests along the way. Personally, I can’t thank him enough for translating my Dad’s Korean toast to English in real time using his bilingual ability.

Yoomin is a thoughtful coordinator. I had countless conversations in a couple of weeks prior, and she never ceased to make me satisfied with my decision to go with her. Yoomin is responsive, detail-oriented, creative, and so trustworthy that I was able to count on her 100%. Throughout the process, she actively suggested what can be done better to make the whole wedding go smoothly, and every single one of her ideas was so insightful. Also, at our wedding, Yoomin and her whole team were wearing a uniform with a name tag on, and we loved it. They looked so professional and made it easier to spot them when we need them. It almost felt like I had my own bodyguards whom I can truly rely on lol.

Thank you - Jimmy, Yoomin, and the whole JK team for helping us achieve the vision for our wedding!

Sent on 02/24/2019

Stella · Married on 01/19/2019

Best mc/dj/lights/photobooth for any wedding!

Hiring Jimmy & his team for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made!

I have read many reviews that you need a good MC for a successful & fun wedding. I have been to many boring weddings & boring was the last thing I wanted for our wedding. Therefore I had a few criterias when booking our MC & DJ.

1) They had to be BILINGUAL (Korean & English) bc most of our guests preferred English but we also had older adults who preferred Korean.
    2) GOOD REVIEWS. The last thing I wanted was to be stressed with our vendors. I wanted someone who I can trust and not worry based on reviews from others.
    3) TALENT. There are people that are just good on stage and can wow the audience. Unfortunately my now husband & I are not these type of people. Therefore, we needed someone else to do the work... hahaha.
    4) DJ that can accomodate our song choices & keep our guests engaged.

Jimmy & his staff at JK Weddings met my criterias & went above and beyond our expectations.
    1) Jimmy spoke English & Korean flawlessly. He went back and forth so naturally. Everyone was able to understand and follow him. He just spoke so gracefully in both languages which was a huge plus for us.
    2) Jimmy & JK Weddings has many amazing reviews on Yelp and other wedding websites that gave me the confidence to just go with them. I knew that if we were to hire him I could just trust him and that our wedding will be great. And honestly our wedding was nothing short of amazing. I never thought we would have so much fun at our own wedding. And all my friends have been telling me that it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to... and that says A LOT. Plus Jimmy was really easy to work with. He helped us come up with a timeline for our wedding & gave us song recs for our wedding ceremony. He was flexible when I changed up the timeline. He was even able to change things last minute on the day of... I wanted to add on dancing with our moms for the second end of our first dance and he just said OK and made it happen. He went according to our timeline & didn't forget even the small details I had written out for him. He literally did everything I asked him for & more! We were extremely pleased with the service we received from him. Plus he is extremely efficient in responding to emails & texts which I really really appreciated.
    3) Jimmy is amazing when it comes to public speaking & just being infront of a crowd. He does it so gracefully with humor, sincerity & fun! Not to mention that he is amazing singer! I have actually watched videos of him singing before hiring him & honestly his singing was beyond amazing in person! Literally gave us chills. Everyone was commenting about how amazing of a singer he is. Per request he sang a song before our grand entrance & also sang our first dance song. He was very willing & never said no to any of my requests.
    4) DJ Swan was amazing as well. Music flowed really well & he played songs/artists/genres I asked him to plus music he thought was appropriate. Music was great. It was also cool how he stuck with 90s KPOP towards the end of the night bc the friends that stayed until the end really enjoyed it. He was really good at sensing the atmosphere & vibe of the crowd and playing music to go with the flow. My now husband and I have never danced that much in our lives... let alone our friends.

We also hired JK Weddings for lights & photobooth.

I was 50/50 about the uplights but Jimmy convinced me that it would set a different tone for our reception and they were amazing! The lights definitely gave it the party atmosphere and up-ed the party vibe.

As for the photobooth... We had so much fun with it. Thru JK Weddings we hired Joyfullyours photobooth and it was a good choice! They set things up as planned, had good number of props & the print design was cute! Plus people were able to get however many prints they wanted. The photobooth attendant Patrick was nice & patient. My 5 year old niece got hooked on the photobooth & everytime Patrick pulled out his chair infront of the camera for her to stand on. EVERYTIME! Thank you!!!

I 100% recommend Jimmy & JK Weddings for your wedding! Thank you for making our wedding ever so special!

Sent on 01/26/2019

Jason J · Married on 12/27/2018

Amazing decision, go with JK!

My new wife and I got married last week. We chose to go with Jimmy as our MC/DJ upon reading favorable reviews right here on Wedding Wire. Let me tell you, contact Jimmy right now. He did an amazing job! From catering to our Korean and American guests with his personable humor, to setting up the best lighting we've ever seen, we truly felt at peace amidst the chaos of the reception knowing that Jimmy was holding it down. Many of our guests told us that he did a great job and had a fun time because they could all relate to his fun jokes and appreciated his announcements of the next event. Jimmy chose the perfect songs for our ceremony, reception, and also included the songs which we had previously requested during our meeting with him and over email. You'll have such a great wedding if you choose Jimmy like we did. Contact him!

Sent on 01/04/2019
    JK Wedding Events 8
    JK Wedding Events 9
  • Alexa

Alexa · Married on 10/20/2018

Best Decision For Our Wedding

If I had to choose the best decision I made for my wedding, I would say hands down it has to be hiring JK Wedding Events. My husband and I got married just a few weeks ago, so all the compliments of my wedding are still fresh in my mind. Almost all of the compliments from the guests were that our wedding was the most fun and joyous wedding they have been to. I believe this goes down to having Jimmy MC our wedding so smoothly. What I loved about his service, is he is not just a DJ, but he orchestrates all your wedding events very well, leaving no room for dull pauses. Even while guests were waiting to go get food for the buffet, he was going around having them compete for prizes. He is really involved in making sure everything runs smoothly, with humor and a great personality. There was so much going on during my wedding, Jimmy gave me the peace of mind of taking care of the events that I wanted, and making sure that they went down without a hitch.

He is also a great singer, and before our first dance, sang beautifully before all our guests. I was shocked, as were most of the guests, at how great he sang live.

The one thing I do recommend is to go with the uplighting. At first I was skeptical, because with the wedding, I tried to save on what I could. However, he did a wonderful job at making the inside of the church reception go from plain walls to have a pretty wedding look, and then they moved all the uplighting outside for dancing, with colored flashing lights to the music. It was really beautiful, and made for great pictures. I would say, for a wedding, it's a must.

I'm just really thankful that we had a wedding better than what we imagined, and I believe Jimmy is to thank for this. He's such a great person, takes his time with you to make sure everything is covered before the wedding, and knows exactly what he is doing, so you don't have to worry the day of your wedding.

**Also, just a tip. I would try to hire him sooner than later for your wedding, because we he seems to be popular. I am fortunate he was free for our wedding, but he almost had another wedding to attend on my date!**

Sent on 04/02/2019

amy · Married on 10/07/2018

The Best Choice

JK wedding and Rachel my wedding coordinator made my wedding perfect . Working with Rachel and JK Wedding Events was hassle free and easy, they made everything so easy. Truly professionals in the industry, could not go wrong with JK Wedding Events.

Rachel was great to work with, she made sure that I was not stressed out and helped out everywhere she could, she even went the extra mile and set-up my tasting at the venue. I love Rachel, she was so personal yet remained professional at all times, she noticed all the little details that we missed. Unlike most wedding coordinator, she was so easy to reach and she really listened to our needs/wants for our wedding. Even our guests noticed that she was on top of everything.

I can't brag enough about the amazing job Rachel did for our wedding. She was worth every penny, and I highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/27/2018

Jessica · Married on 10/06/2018

Best decision we made!!

We were going to have friends MC our wedding but then our wedding dress shop owner recommended JK, and we’re so glad they did! Jimmy is a total professional and Steve was a great MC. He kept everyone engaged and having fun. They played the perfect mix for dancing. They also provided uplighting which made the room look amazing. We’re so glad we went with them! I highly, highly recommend them for anyone planning a future event.

Sent on 10/20/2018

Kristin · Married on 09/08/2018

Having Jimmy and Yoomin onboard was one of the best decisions we made. Both are extremely professional and made our wedding day perfect. Jimmy executed being a MC perfectly, when the dance floor started to dwindle he would come on and get the crowd back he's also an amazing singer and very personable. Yoomin was amazing during the whole planning process from start to finish and made our vision come to life with the event design! She kept us in check and made sure we were taken care of. Honestly go with JK Wedding, you won't regret it! They are a great team.

Sent on 09/17/2018

Jessica · Married on 05/27/2018

Jimmy went above and beyond in helping us plan our wedding playlists and even helping with translation during the ceremony as well as beforehand for texts used in the wedding. He was on time, very quick to respond, and very kind. Would recommend him 110%

Sent on 06/19/2018

Seung · Married on 05/05/2018

JK wedding services did a fantastic job at our wedding and was a great pleasure to work with. Jimmy and his team is very responsive, helpful, and great to work with. I would definitely recommend using them!

Sent on 05/08/2018

eunice · Married on 03/25/2018

JK WEDDING TEAM was the one of the BEST decisions that we made for our WEDDING.
    Our wedding couldn’t get any better and any perfect without their professional leading skills.
    We get to know him from one of our friend's wedding and his singing alone and the way how he handle the wedding made us think that we must and have to book him and definitely this decision wasn't a mistake. His wonderful singing made our wedding way much more entertaining and great. We had wedding without officiant so there were more job for jimmy but he handles it just perfectly enough. We were so relieved all the time during the wedding no matter what happened because we got Jimmy! He’s really got the experience. Also we only expected him to sing only onetime during the ceremony but after we gave him a song name for our first dance he suggest us that he could sing it on our first dance time. So we accepted his is very delicate suggestion and by his suggest we had even more romantic mood for us (of course) and for the guest as well. It was so romantic. We would never forget that moment. Our words aren't enough to describe how good Jk wedding teams are. However we can confidently recommend jimmy and his DJ for weddings and any other events.
    He always responded immediately with answers and willingness to help with all our concerns and share the idea that could be helpful. Thank you guys JK wedding team! For making our wedding so fun and unforgettable.

Sent on 04/13/2018

JK Wedding Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your grateful review! We were so lucky to be a part of your joyous day!

Daisy · Married on 03/08/2018

We used JK Wedding Events for my dad's 70th birthday party. They were a hit! We used a smaller group during the cocktail hour and then the entire band for the dinner. They were really great! They had people out there dancing and having a great time. We had other entertainment, but really regretted having them at all and wished we had used Jimmy the entire time. Jimmy was easy to communicate with, punctual, and really a great singer. The other band members were just as great. I recommend them wholeheartedly.

Sent on 04/17/2018

Albert · Married on 01/20/2018

Jimmy was by far one of the best decisions I made on my wedding day! Jimmy was professional, energetic, and I had a blast working with Jimmy.
    If you are looking for Korean-American Bilingual MC for your event or wedding. Don't look further, Jimmy is the best Korean-American MC you will ever find in California.
    Jimmy puts a lot of thought and time into our wedding and provided best services that I've experienced. And plus his amazing singing which put "wow" on our guest's faces.

Sent on 05/08/2018

Carla · Married on 12/31/2017

I had Jimmy and team do the music at my NYE wedding and the reviews are still coming in as to how outstanding the music and energy was the entire night. I keep hearing that it was the best wedding anyone’s been to and know Jimmy had a lot to do with that. I would hire him again in an instant!

Sent on 01/18/2018

Thomas · Married on 11/11/2017

We needed a Korean bilingual MC and singer for our wedding in Houston, so we turned to Google. However, nothing turned up for the Houston area and so we decided to expand our search nationwide. We found Jimmy and JK Wedding Events through a few websites and contacted Jimmy for a quote and to see if he could fly to Texas. After watching a few YouTube videos and stalking his Instagram page, we were sold!

It was the best decision we could have made (besides saying "I do" of course)! With the very first note he hit on his opening song "When a Man Loves a Woman" (do yourself a favor and look up his rendition on YouTube), the entire room rose to its feet in applause and we had the biggest grins on our faces. With a mix of Korean and English songs, both old and new, I know Jimmy kept all of our guests entertained for the whole night.

He also did a great job as MC for our traditional Korean Paebaek ceremony. As my family is Vietnamese and my wife's is Korean, Jimmy did a great job making sure everyone knew what was going on at all times. Furthermore, Jimmy also met with us during one of our trips to LA to go over everything. Meeting him in person only solidified our choice in booking him. Jimmy is not only a great singer and MC but also a very friendly and awesome person!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Rodney · Married on 11/04/2017

Yoomin and Jimmy were wonderful. Yoomin was our wedding planner and we met multiple times and introduced us to vendors that were top notch. She was always available to us for questions and had wonderful ideas. On the day of our wedding, Yoomin and her team kept everything moving the way it supposed to go and we had so many compliments.

Jimmy was our MC. I had a lot of compliments as well-he is a wonderful singer and was born to entertain! We also used their Dj (awesome playlist!), and photobooth. They helped us with the Gobo as well. They are quite a team! In all, I would recommend them without hesitation to anyone to have a wedding of their dreams, because that is what we got! I will always remember what they've done for us!

Sent on 11/19/2017
    JK Wedding Events 10
    JK Wedding Events 11
    JK Wedding Events 12
    JK Wedding Events 13
    JK Wedding Events 14
    JK Wedding Events 15

Steve · Married on 10/14/2017

We booked JK Wedding Events because we saw Jimmy MC at a friend's wedding and his singing alone made us think "we have to book this guy". While his singing was certainly great and entertaining, the details we didn't catch as audience members, we quickly appreciated upon booking JK Wedding Events.

Jimmy met with us before the wedding and discussed what we might want along with how the makeup of our guests looked so he could give his input on how the wedding might flow. On the day of the wedding he clearly knew how to work the crowd and keep everyone engaged and having a good time (which was very evident from the view of the sweetheart table).

We also had Yoomin as our coordinator and I have to say she was a godsend! We can't imagine trying to handle the wedding without her. She was on top of every detail and followed up with us whenever we were slacking. There were so many little things leading up to the wedding we hadn't even thought about and if she wasn't there, would have been lost. At the end of the wedding, the coordinator crew packed everything up for us and put them into our car so that we could just leave without worrying about anything. All the reviews rave about Jimmy (and rightfully so), but Yoomin and her other coordinators deserve equal praise.

TLDR - Cannot recommend JK Wedding Events enough!

Sent on 10/15/2017

VICTOR · Married on 09/09/2017

JK Wedding team was THE best choice we have made for our most precious day of our lives. Although Jimmy was not available on our wedding day, he spent his time to meet with us and recommend us to an amazing venue, very reasonably priced photographer, and pretty much threw in the photobooth team as a bonus with a very minimal charge. On the other hand, our MC, his colleague Trixie Hong, was an AMAZING MC, great singer, and knew exactly how to keep all our guests entertained throughout the whole event. I would not think twice to recommend JK Wedding to ANYONE that is seeking for a wedding MC. Hands down the BEST!!

Sent on 09/29/2017

Cameron · Married on 07/09/2017

Jimmy and his team was amazing! My (now) wife and I had a complicated situation where the wedding was in LA, I was stationed in Germany, and my wife was living in Baltimore for work. Based on our situation, we were worried about finding an MC/DJ team that would be responsive and understanding as we would all be communicating and coordinating in three different time zones. JK Wedding Entertainment & Events blew our expectations out of the water as they were not only EXTREMELY responsive throughout the entire process, but also expertly translated our intent perfectly during the actual event.

Not only did Jimmy and his team do an exceptional job, but they helped us with some of our more "unusual" requests. These included helping us find a Chinese translator, translating speeches into Korean, and managing a slide show that included Korean and Chinese translation throughout the wedding and reception!

During the actual event, Jimmy was EXTREMELY helpful in feeling out the crowd and advising my wife and I whether whether we needed to speed things up...or slow things down...and provide actionable solutions! Jimmy was the ultimate Master of Ceremonies...allowing my wife and I to enjoy our special day.

Last, but not least, Jimmy has an AMAZING singing voice and it was an awesome way to start our reception!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Jon · Married on 05/14/2017

My wife and I just had our wedding a week ago with the one and only Jimmy as our MC and it was an incredible day. Like many other reviewers, we had a pretty evenly mixed Korean and English speaking crowd and Jimmy did a great job making sure everybody felt comfortable and had a good time - but regardless of what language you speak, you cannot go wrong with Jimmy and JK Wedding Entertainment. Jimmy was a pleasure to work with during the preparation phase of our wedding and made things SO easy even when wifey and I started to get overwhelmed. We had some pretty specific things we wanted in terms of music and timing and JK and his crew were on top of it and everything went off without a hitch. A few days before the wedding Jimmy even helped us put together a picture slide show that was going on during dinner!

We have received so many compliments over the past few days about the wedding and about Jimmy our MC especially - Very good speaker with lots of positive energy, funny, and, it's true - a VERY talented singer! If this wedding entertainment thing doesn't work out Jimmy should record an album.

All and all my wife and I feel very fortunate and blessed to have had Jimmy as our MC.

Sent on 05/21/2017

Clara · Married on 12/10/2016

We hired JK for our wedding DJ/MC, lighting, slideshow, drapery, and wedding planning. JK turned our wedding into a magical one! Jimmy and Yoomin, our wedding planner were very professional and pleasant to work with.
    1. Jimmy did a great job as a bilingual MC, which has to be a lot harder than it sounds. We had a lot of first-generation Koreans and Americans mixed among our guests and he catered to both constituencies very naturally.
    2. He was an awesome singer!
    3. The music selection was excellent. ALL of our guests, without any exception, enjoyed the music.
    4. The lighting (along with the flowers by Cityflowers) was beautiful! Absolutely beautiful. Thanks team JK for transforming my special day into a magical one!

Sent on 02/03/2017

Liz · Married on 11/04/2016

If you would like a stress free event. I would highly recommend JK wedding and events. They took care of the lighting, music and coordination of our even. Our wedding night carried a nice flow and me and my husband did not have to worry about a thing. Jimmy and Yoomin are great and easy to communicate with. They are very detailed oriented as well. Highly recommended.

Sent on 03/04/2017

Jihee · Married on 10/23/2016

We knew we wanted to hire Jimmy Koh and his team at JK Wedding Entertainment the very first time we met him at a friend's wedding. We were so impressed with his ability to facilitate the reception, communicate with a bilingual audience, and of course, sing (no joke, my matron of honor got physical goosebumps when he started singing at our wedding for the first time), we knew we had to have him. For our own wedding, Jimmy was extremely prompt and helpful throughout the planning process, and we were able to gain a lot of insight from his past experiences. We loved that he offered his opinions and suggestions, but didn't push us to format the reception in a certain way. Ultimately, we planned our reception to match our personalities (think: mellow dinner party), and Jimmy honored our wishes and made sure everything went smoothly. But based on other weddings we've attended that included Jimmy, we know he can also facilitate a great party too! We also wanted to briefly include that we also hired the jazz trio, who played for our ceremony and cocktail hour. The beautiful way in which they played our ceremony songs definitely impressed us and our guests, and made our ceremony all the more special!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Ray · Married on 10/15/2016

JK Entertainment deserves more than 5 stars.
    Very glad we hired him for our wedding in October 2016.
    Unfortunately he was already booked to MC another event, but he found us a great DJ and when we needed some other last minute services he stepped up and was able to help us.
    Jimmy is very responsive and helpful.
    You will be very glad you hired him for your wedding or other event!

Sent on 10/27/2016