JJ Chen Photography Reviews

28 | Sunnyvale, CA

28 Reviews for JJ Chen Photography

JJ is really an intelligent, professional and creative photographer&artist. We have our wedding photos created in JJ Chen Photography this month. We discussed beforehand to exchange ideas. JJ always do the research, and even visit the sites, to get fully prepared. Both she and her assistant are very nice and hard working person. Our photo shooting is the day right after the big storm. My husband and I worried about the weather condition. Fortunately, the rain got smaller on shooting day, and our photos are turns out just perfect!! They also put some unique creative ideas on our photos which make them so special~~~~We feel very lucky to have JJ Chen to be our wedding photographer~~!

Sent on 12/29/2014

Man · Married on 10/05/2014

We know JJ Chen through one of our friends. The first time met her we were impressed by her great passion and profession. Even though she had busy schedule, she still visited our venue twice ahead of time to make sure everything is fine. She always stands on our side and thinks for us.
    For some reason we were very late on our wedding day which we though would result in losing many nice photos. However, JJ comforted us first, then instructed us efficiently on photo shooting. She kindly lent us her nice props for free! She captured every precious moment for us. We were very satisfied at the photos. I don't think anyone else can do a better job than her in such limiting time.
    Beside a photographer, JJ also gave us many useful advice as a good friend. I highly recommend JJ Chen to everyone.

Sent on 12/29/2014
  • Y

YANG · Married on 08/30/2014

I feel so lucky to have JJ as my photographer. We went to two locations for our pre-wedding photo shooting. And JJ kept great communication with us before and after. She discussed with us about the tone and the feeling we would prefer before the photo shooting.With her fashion design background she helped to pick the suit and the dress for us. All I need to do was going to the mall, trying the clothes on, taking pictures,sending pictures to her and buying the one we all like. She made it so easy for us and the outfits came out so perfect and we got a lot of compliments just for the clothes.

The first location we chose was a vineyard in Napa. JJ was so amazing that she worked great with lights and captured a lot of great pictures for us inside and outside the building, till it was too dark to taking photos. Her direction of the posing was very specific and easy to follow. She even came to show us how to do the pose and it was hilarious sometime, which also helped us to relax. It was so fun that day and photos came out great.

The second location was by the sea for after discussion she learned that I love the ocean. JJ was so considerate. She was doing all the running around while letting us stay and having rest during checking spots. And if there is a place felt like a little bit dangerous, she would go there and check it for us first. We were all impressed by her professional dedication. She managed the tone so very well that all my friends and families were amazed by her work. We put the photos as a slide show in our wedding and all the guest were so impressed by our photos.

I would highly recommend JJ for she is not only fantastic photographer but also a very diligent, artistic and kind person if you get to know her well.

Sent on 01/07/2015

April · Married on 07/06/2014

We tried to find a photograph who is talented and passionate.When we met JJ, we know she is the one we were looking for. JJ does not just produce the photos. She treats the photos as artworks. She does not just put her " subject" there and presses the button. She always met with us and got to know us, and then created and designed the special "Love Story" for us through her photos.

JJ always knows how let her " subject" get into the emotion in her photo. During the session, it was really smooth. She captured all the touched moment. When we saw the pictures, we could not believe that is us and all the pictures are amazing.

We are so lucky to have JJ to shot for our engagement session. She kept the most beautiful moment in our life."

Sent on 01/14/2015

Sarah · Married on 01/03/2014

JJ was the photographer for my wedding on 1/3/14, and I can't thank her enough! Her pictures were so touching, Especially to my grandpa who walked me down the aisle. My dad died earlier that year and everyone was so touched by her pictures because they captured every special moment. She is very passionate about her work and it definitely shows. She visited my venue at Eagle Ridge Golf Course to see what places would be best to shoot. Everything was perfect and now I can relive that day through her pictures. She is also very quick and efficient, funny and extremely sweet. I love that the pictures were natural and not posed. I highly recommend her, you won't regret it! Thank you so much JJ!!!

Sent on 12/31/2014

JJ was the wedding photographer for a friend of mine, who referred JJ to us. We booked JJ upon our first meeting, and we never regretted that decision.

JJ met with us many times prior to the wedding. She asked about our preference and provided her own creative ideas.

We are deeply toughed by her passion for her photos. She visited our wedding venue more than one times before our wedding, and spent hours there researching the place. She did a great job not to miss any precious moment. She also captured subtle expressions of my husband and I and our parents, so that we can relive the wedding day over and over again by looking at the photos.

JJ is very talented at catching great lights. When lighting is not perfect, she makes it perfect with her wonderful post processing skills. That's why every single photo she delivers is stunning.

All that having been said, every couple is different, so is every wedding. It is crucial to let JJ know what is important to you!

Sent on 01/07/2014

Boy did I stumble upon a jem! I found JJ at a bridal fair, and little did I know that we would have a great connection! I'm STILL in awe of what she captured on our wedding day!!!

You won't be disappointed! She is very meticulous and meets with you several time to get all the details and to communicate exactly what you want! I really like how she wasn't like most generic wedding photographers and took all the same type of shots!

My guests were even impressed with her ideas and location shots! They all said "WOW! I've never seen a photographer lie on her back and spin on the floor before!"

For the quality of her photos, time and her team (I had THREE people helping me capture my special day!), I couldn't have asked for a better rate! WHAT A DEAL! :)

I would say the only thing I should have thought about beforehand was if she had a host url for the photos online to share with family and friends. I would have liked that, but I forgot!! So I'm not sure if she provides that in her service.

Regardless, I would absolutely recommend her!

Sent on 11/02/2013

Shirley · Married on 05/26/2013

My husband and I were so happy and felt grateful to have JJ as our wedding photographer. Her work was totally beyond our expectation. First of all, JJ is a well prepared person. Before our wedding, she checked out our wedding venue and park for the location shoots. Her team didn't just go there once, but more than once to find out the ideal shooting spots, lighting requirements.....you name it. She is so reliable and responsive. At that moment, we already knew we have found the right person as our wedding photographer. We felt so comfortable and left everything under JJ's hands.

Both my husband and I were not very comfortable on camera, but on our wedding date, JJ helped us to relax and be ourselves. JJ is also a very creative person. She guided us how to pose and also to try out several "crazy" posing ideas from her. All came out amazingly and we got many compliments from our family and friends.

JJ captured our special moments by her magic hands. We love all the photos she took. JJ, YOU ROCK!

Sent on 06/13/2013

Shirley · Married on 05/26/2013

Sent on 08/26/2013

Paisley · Married on 05/12/2013

Love her! Love her efficiency!! Love her magic!!!

After a long search for photographer, we have found JJ to shoot our wedding at Clos LaChance Winery in May.

We got all photos within three weeks after our wedding day.
    And, we CANNOT believe our eyes!
    The color, the style and the quality of the photos are amazing!!
    We CANNOT even express how much we love these photos!!!

We feel so lucky to have JJ to be our wedding photographer.
    She keeps our best memory into the photos and we will never forget these moments.

JJ is fantastic. We would give her a six star if we could.

Sent on 08/26/2013

Paisley · Married on 05/12/2013

We got all photos within three weeks after our wedding day.
    And, we CANNOT believe our eyes!
    The color, the style and the quality of the photos are amazing!!
    We CANNOT even express how much we love these photos!!!

We feel so lucky to have JJ to be our wedding photographer.

JJ is fantastic. We would give her a million star if we could."

Sent on 01/06/2015

Jingjing · Married on 03/16/2013

it was our absolute pleasure to have JJ take our wedding pictures and we had a wonderful time. Thank you so much for everything you did for this photo session. You are exactly what we have been looking for. The pictures are breath-taking. I love them all. Once again, thank you a million times! ♥ ♥ ♥

Sent on 06/06/2013

It is a great pleasure to work with JJ, she is a lot more than a professional photographer. Her pictures not only capture the pretty , but also the special feeling for any special individual. Any time when I look back the picture she took for us I still feel touch. She also work more than as a photographer, she will give you idea of dress, talking with you like a good friend to know you more in order to find out the best solution for the pictures. After working with her, you will feel how much she care and love her job. All of my family were have a great time when working with JJ. I am so happy that we can have JJ as our photographer to record our important moment in our life. Thank you very much JJ!!

Sent on 06/05/2013

Verena · Married on 02/17/2013

I have to say JJ's masterpiece work for our wedding is truly impressed! I feel very touched for all the comments. Gary and I appreciate JJ and her assistant Yang's remarkable piece of work for us! She truly deserves the rewards. I'm on my way to the 'airport' yet again..These pics will definitely take me through the long haul flight.

Sent on 06/05/2013

Husband and I cannot say enough thank you to JJ for her professionalism and her passion in photography. She definitely did a remarkable job for us!

We briefly visited JJ two days before our engagement photo session as we did not know what to prepare for the session. JJ reassured us there wasn't anything to prepare and all she wanted was us being ourselves and relax. Not only the photos came out beautifully, she was super efficient, we got to see the final products only days after the shoot.

JJ and her crew also shot our big day. She did a lot of planning prior to the big day. She went to the venue with her crew quite a few times to make sure she knows where she can take the best shots for us. She also joined our rehearsal. JJ is very meticulous and very gentle. She made sure that we were relaxed during the couple shots so the photos would all come out very naturally.

Same to all the brides and grooms on the wedding day, we could not spend a lot of time to all the friends and family even if we wanted to. JJ was very attentive, she captured all the sentimental moments in the wedding not only of us but of all our guests too. Her candids remind us how much all the guests enjoyed our wedding. It is such an amazing feeling to look at the photos and being able to feel the joy, fun and love everyone had on our big day.

If you are looking for a photographer who has the passion and delivers, JJ is the one!

Sent on 08/27/2013

Ruby · Married on 02/02/2013

There can be an infinite number of reasons one decides to have a photo-shoot, but a common goal that is shared is the pursuance of a photographer who is able to create a set of photos that is truly unique and tells stories for many years to come. Photos possessing this quality require more than a static combination of colors, angles and settings, but instead, those that are dynamic that convey emotions; JJ Chen truly understands this, which is why JJ spends as much time as required to get to know us in advance to identify settings that accentuate our qualities and personalities. The results are breathtaking photos that put anyone who has seen the photos in awe. We fall in love with those wedding photos JJ took for us.

Sent on 06/06/2013

Steve · Married on 04/20/2012

JJ is very professional with our engagement. She had a pre-session with us to go over the service scope and what we should prepare/expect for the photo shooting. We had an outdoor shooting in three locations in San Francisco. JJ was very organized and perform the photography with her gifted talent. It is clear to us that she has such a great passion for phototgraphy that she would try things that are artistic. She is very easy to work with and thoughtful.

Sent on 05/03/2012

Jessica · Married on 03/17/2012

JJ is very professional and patient. We discussed the pictures before my wedding. I am one of those picture who are kind of picky for wedding pictures, so before the wedding I told her what I need, like what kind of feel I prefer, and which moments need be caught, from which angle I look better or worse, what she need to remind me when taking the pictures, such as firming my neck lines. I am very satisfied with the pictures she showed me, some of which are sexy, some of which are funny, some of which are touching. The pictures built up my wedding story from my get-ready to new-wife, fully covered all the moments. My husband and I love the pictures so much!

Sent on 04/09/2012
  • F

Fay · event on 12/11/2011

From the moment we met JJ, we knew she was the right choice to capture the moments of our special day. Her artistic flair was immediately apparent, but what struck me was her calm and warm demeanor.
    On the day of our engagement, JJ was organized and efficient, yet her creativity and spontaneity shone through. JJ helped make our special day unforgettable.
    Weeks later, when we received our prints, it brought that day vividly rushing back, looking at the pictures JJ captured all the moments for me. She was open to my ideas and the pictures of us came out exactly as I pictured it. She was the most professional vendor at our engagement and I never had to worry about her once.
    We are overjoyed that JJ gave us these wonderful memories to enjoy for a lifetime. We definitly let her be our photographer on the wedding day this year. And I would absolutely recommend her services to everyone. Thanks JJ!!!

Sent on 01/19/2012

Terri · Married on 12/10/2011

Since wedding photography can be a very personal thing. Many photographers may possess technical skills but one can only hope to find a wedding photographer to deliver that something special on the biggest day. We wanted photographs that would record the event but most importantly communicate the emotions experienced on the day. After doing a lot of research on photographers, we were happy to get referred to JJ so there was a level of confidence from someone with similar taste.

Her photographs struck us as beautiful, unique and expressive. Leading up to the wedding JJ was available to hear our ideas and was flexible with the services that she offered. In the meanwhile, she was super fun and easy to work with. She is very professional, provides quick, clear direction and has a creative eye. She was always calm and cool in the middle of chaos and I was very confident that I'd have many great shots to choose from.

In addition, kudos to JJ for shooting in challenging light environment at the church and coming up with great outdoors composition. We just saw the photos and we just wanna say; "WOW! OMG WOW!!!!!! Seriously, WOW! WOW!...."

We both really appreciated how much fun it was to have JJ around on our wedding day and how amazing it is to see such wonderful photos.

Thanks again JJ.

Sent on 01/12/2012

Mary · event on 11/16/2011

JJ provided beautiful, professional quality photos for my California Luxury website, and I'm proud to show them off!! Thank you JJ!

Sent on 01/12/2012

Lei · Married on 10/01/2011

Very happy with JJ's experience. She has a high standard for good pictures and very easy to work with. She takes time to visit the venues and tries out lighting ahead of the time. All the efforts show that she cares! Her rates are very reasonable and gives you recommendations for makeup and hair artist.

Sent on 10/28/2011

Theresa · Married on 09/18/2011

JJ Chen photography was highly professional, incredibly artistic, and captured very special moments before and during my wedding. I can't stop looking through the fantastic photos that captured the very essence of the guests and events during my most memorable day. JJ took the time to visit the venue before hand and described exactly what she would like to photograph, as well as ask what I was looking for. She was very flexible and accommodating to my needs. During the big day, JJ was very professional and warm as she photographed my most intimate moments with my husband, family and friends. I highly recommend JJ Chen Photography to anyone.

Sent on 01/10/2012

Shaoyee · Married on 09/10/2011

I found it difficult to shop for wedding photographer. My husband and I met several other photograhers until we fortunately found JJ for both our engagement and wedding ceremonies in SF. She is AMAZING!!!! She is a professional and well prepared photographer. My husband and I really click with her personality. She's incredibly easy to work with, who is fast and efficient, and takes excellent photos despite time constraints and poor lighting. We love every picture she took. she got those important portraits as well as the photojournalistic style, our pictures were original and fresh, and the entire process turned to be simply wonderful. Thanks, JJ!

Sent on 10/27/2011

Mike · Married on 08/27/2011

JJ did the photography for our wedding, and we are extremely happy with the results. Her photos are strikingly beautiful and tell a story. She knows how to capture emotion in a very natural and unique way. With our photos we received a beautifully printed book of gorgeous large format photos, all carefully laid out, with our favorite photo on the cover. We get compliments on our wedding photos all the time.

She took time to find out our preferences, to scout the locations and plan everything out. She took notes and paid careful attention to all the details and made us feel confident we had the right photographer. Many of our wedding guests remarked on how she always seemed to be in the right place to capture the action. The turnaround time was also very fast, just a few days. She posted the photos online for us while we were still on our honeymoon, and we had all the photos and photo book in our hands right after we came back.

JJ also shot our engagement photos a couple of months before the wedding, and they were gorgeous. So we knew the wedding photos would be very good, but we were still surprised at just how well they turned out. We treasure them and show them off to friends and family every chance we get.

Sent on 11/09/2011