Jimmy & the Hat Tricks Reviews

44 | Manchester, CT

44 Reviews for Jimmy & the Hat Tricks

44 Jimmy & the Hat Tricks Reviews

Kimberly · Getting married on 06/06/2020

Jimmy & the Hat Tricks were amazing! They put on a performance that guests of the event are STILL talking about!! The selection of music was great; with several age groups at the event, it seemed like an impossible task to find something everyone could enjoy, but Jimmy & the Hat Tricks had no trouble at all. They are at the top of the list to use at future events! Thank you again for such awesome entertainment and a ton of fun!

Thomas · Married on 08/01/2017

I hired them for a very large festival. The Kfest of 2016 was a better event because we had Jimmy Hat. The singers stole the show to be honest but the rest of the band could have been on stage with any national player and kicked ass too. Super quality of corespondent services and they promoted the event to a level I was satisfied with. Planning on having them in 2017 For Saturday afternoon outdoor Main-stage. Great look on stage, dance moves, the bs in between songs and the whole nine. I was a touring musician for 20 years and this is what a well oiled machine looks like. Yes!

Michelle · Married on 10/29/2016

We used Jimmy & the Hat Tricks for our annual Halloween party. They were very professional, quick to reply to my questions and even thought of things to ask that I didn't think of! The music was incredible and it had great flow the entire night! Everyone commented on how amazing the band was! I thought it was great to have both a female and male singing. They had a great mix of music! You can hire them for any event and will not be disappointed!

Rachael · Married on 09/24/2016

From the very beginning my husband and I knew we had wanted to book JHat for our wedding. We had seen them perform several times in our area and fell in love with their energy. Here we are several weeks after our wedding and are still receiving compliments on how great the band was! They were able to work with our day of coordinator on a timeline for the evening, and did an amazing job sticking to it. The whole evening ran smoothly. We chose to add their uplighting service and it truly did give the ballroom a sense of "warmth" that I felt it was lacking without.

From the ceremony, to cocktail hour, and all the way through the reception the song choices were exactly what we were looking for and then some! With a huge song list, I think someone would have a hard time finding music they didn't enjoy. I can't say enough about JHat and how great they were to work with. We look forward to seeing them perform locally so we can relive some of our special moments with them!!

Catie & Brad · Married on 05/07/2016

Jimmy & the Hat Tricks knows how to bring the party. We know the lead singer/guitarist and saw the band perform a couple of times in CT and MA. Every time we saw them perform, we had a blast. Naturally, we wanted them to help us celebrate our big day. They certainly did not disappoint. They were great about learning songs for us and accomodating specific and special requests for songs. They have an awesome list of songs to choose from so we knew the selection would be great. They had our guests dancing all night long- from the first song to the last!! They even made a poster congratulating us :) Marc played for our cocktail hour, emceed for us, and jammed out on guitar and vocals (he even raps!). The energy JHat provided was key to our guests having a great time. We couldn't have asked for a better celebration. We felt like they were a part of our celebration as friends, not just a band we hired. All of the band members are friendly, personable, passionate, and eager to help out and please in any way they can! It eased any worries that we were able to talk with them a couple of times before the wedding to discuss the breakdown of timeline, music selection, special requests, etc. We highly recommend Jhat for your wedding, party, special event, anything!!! A++ from my husband and I, and our guests!

Thomas · Married on 12/19/2015

The band was a hit. They really brought the reception together. I would definitely recommend them!

JHat was AWESOME! When your guests are begging for one more song, when your guests ask that you do it all again for the holidays, when your cheeks ache from smiling all day, you know your band made you look like a rock star. JHat was professional from the word go, wonderfully organized in advance, and a pleasure to work with via email. They customized the set list so that the ballroom dancers had the floor during the cocktail hour then switched it up and JHat did what it does best: cater to the set-the-roof-on-fire dance crowd. The lead singer emcee'd our event to keep the flow going and there was no downtime. Powerful singing with balanced sound from the musicians and uplighting created an exciting atmosphere. The over 70 crowd was dancing! Can't wait to have you back. Thank you.

Kelley · Married on 09/12/2015

Jimmy and the Hat Tricks was an absolute pleasure to work with. From the very first email through the final event, they were professional, fun, and willing to accommodate any musical request we had. Their sound is so amazing! All of the guests at my wedding were dancing and having a complete blast the entire time. They played a perfect blend of the music we had requested. Everyone is still raving about the band and we could not have been happier we chose Jimmy and the Hat Tricks. Working with Danielle, Jessica, and the rest of the band was great and I would highly recommend their services to any couple looking for a fabulous wedding band!

Sarah · Married on 08/22/2015

Jimmy and the Hat Tricks could not have been more perfect for our wedding. Months before the event, we were invited to see them at the Landsdowne in Boston, and they really had the crowd dancing and having fun. Fast forward to the month of our wedding, and Danielle made sure to check in with us on a phone call to ensure that we were all on the same page with the music choices, etc.

On the day of the wedding, the band was flexible enough to set up in a more preferable location for both them and the dancing. There were constantly people of all generations on the dance floor. One of my favorite parts of the wedding was at the end, when the guests called for one more song, and the venue and band happily obliged. We couldn't be more pleased with our choice of band.

The agent, David, was also really great to work with. He was really responsive and made sure to find a local gig we could attend to see if we liked the band before booking.

Stephanie · Married on 08/01/2015

Not your typical wedding band. Jimmy and the Hat Tricks are AMAZING. Every single member of the band contributes to their success. From the first song to the last, our dance floor was packed. We chose a couple of ballads to include at our wedding reception because my now husband is a sucker for a slow dance. I never have seen so many people on the dance floor during a slow dance. Normally the floor clears but not with JHat.

They have a very extensive and diverse song list. We had a long reception and they only took one short break. Our first dance song they learned for us was absolutely perfect. Danielle contacted us several times before the wedding to make sure everything was perfect for our big day and as with most weddings the schedule got a little bumped but she was on top of things to make sure we got the dance party going as soon as possible. The best part is I can enjoy Jimmy and the Hat Tricks long after my wedding because they have local shows all over CT & MA. If you want an amazing band for your wedding, book Jimmy and the Hat Tricks. My guests are still talking about how much fun they had at my wedding and I contribute most of that success to JHat.

• Avery

Avery · Married on 07/18/2015

Jimmy and the Hat Tricks was fantastic as always! We chose this band for our wedding after seeing them at two other weddings in our family. Many of our guests said that our wedding had the most guests on the dance floor that they had ever seen! I think this can be largely attributed to the energy that Jimmy Hat brings to a room. They play such a variety of music and it all sounds spectacular! On top of everything Danielle is spectacular to work with.

jolene · Married on 05/08/2015

We had a lovely time, everyone was so sweet! I would highly recommend them!

Patti · Married on 11/21/2014

Hiring Jimmy and the Hat Tricks was the best decision we made during the wedding planning process. From the moment of our first outreach to Danielle and Tanya at Hank Agency, I knew we were in great hands. They were responsive, professional, warm, and energetic. By the end of the process, we felt so comfortable and confident that JHAT would make our wedding unforgettable (it felt like we hired old friends). They have such a large variety of songs to select from due to them utilizing the talents of every single member of their band. I took a chance and asked them for special accommodations, beyond what the contract entailed and they didn’t even hesitate to say yes! We had a long engagement, during a time when their band was adding a member and finding incredible success. During their transition, we were communicated with constantly. Jessica was an absolute power-house and the dance floor never ever emptied out. Tanya (Hank Agency) even called me and left me a voicemail wishing me well on my wedding day, which meant the world. It has been two months and our guests still cannot stop raving about them. If you are considering this band for your wedding, stop considering and just book them! You won’t regret it.

Jessica · Married on 10/04/2014

I highly recommend Jimmy and the Hat Tricks for ANY and all events you could possibly throw. They performed at my wedding and the dance floor was packed from start to finish! People were coming up to me to tell me that they never dance at weddings but couldn't resist. They never even took a break! They are so easy to work with, so accommodating and they keep the party going the entire time. You will not be disappointed, they are the best!

Jeffrey · Married on 09/27/2014

Jimmy and The HatTricks were wonderful to work with especially Danielle! They provided us with all of the requests that we wanted and also gave us a great band for our wedding which all of our guests enjoyed having the band. I would recommend them for any future event you may have especially weddings!

Tyler · Married on 09/20/2014

Loved them! We've had so many people say that they were the BEST wedding band ever!

My husband and I have been to a good amount of weddings in our lifetime to know that we wanted a live band to play at our wedding. Our passion is music, and we love going to concerts and bars to check out live cover band performances. When we saw JHats first performed at Landsdowne Pub, we confirmed them immediately for our June 2014 wedding and it was the best decision ever.

We have never seen a band as unique as JHats. They have the most updated and diverse song list, one that pleases EVERYONE, and their love in music shows when they are perform live. JHats is like my Pandora in 3D.

Eddie, we LOVE your energy at the drums. There is Ryan at the keyboards with his super cool Justin Timberlake look and hat. Mark, you're awesome at the guitar, and he sings and Rap! "Jimmy" we love your signature red guitar : ) There is Jessica with her impressive vocals, and of course Danielle as lead with her super stage presence that brings them all together.

Working with JHats and their talent agency is SO easy and seamless, from beginning to end. Danielle is so sweet and accommodating. She offers recommendations and guides us through the process and timeline. She ensured the entire event was tailored to our needs.

Thank you JHats from the bottom of our hearts. Our wedding would not have been the same without you.

Sent on 09/12/2014

Jimmy & the Hat Tricks's reply:

Thank you, Linda and David! Your event was our pleasure, and your continued friendship and support are what make our profession so enjoyable! See you soon!

Lukasz · Married on 06/06/2014

A phenomenal band with great repertoire of music composed of courteous and personable yet entirely professional musicians. Our guests were overblown by their musicianship and Danielle's MC skills. DJ-Mo's wrap-up party was similarly outstanding. I would recommend Jimmy & the Hat Tricks to anyone and for any event without slightest of hesitations.

Sent on 09/22/2014

Jimmy & the Hat Tricks's reply:

Thank you, Lukasz! Congrats again to you and Magdalena! We hope to see you out on a JHat dance floor again soon!

Lisa · Married on 05/17/2014

Two songs into their first set, my wife, Christina, and I were determined to get JHAT to play our wedding.
    They were unlike any band we had heard before. There was nothing cheesy or wedding band-ish about them. The range of music they covered blew my mind! They could do anything from Adele to Michael Jackson, from Guns N Roses medleys to Motown medleys, from Enur’s “Calabria” to Frank Sinatra’s “Summerwind” and everything in between! I can’t begin to tell you the time and effort this band puts into perfecting every song.
    For us what sets them apart the most is that they are also some of the most incredible people we have had the pleasure of knowing.
    Being lesbians, we had no idea how receptive people would be to playing a gay wedding. With JHAT, we never had to think twice about it. From the day we introduced ourselves to Danielle and Marc it was clear right away that they were such outgoing, down to earth, welcoming people. The more we got to know the band the clearer it became that they are all about equality for everyone, across the board. We both felt so completely comfortable every step of the way which was really important for us when planning the most important day of our lives.
    Believe me when I tell you every member of this band loves what they do and it shows!
    Our guests will not stop talking about them! They were so overly impressed with their professionalism and the acoustic set performed during the ceremony and into the cocktail hour. They could not get over how they rocked the reception all night long!! The only complaint our guests had was that they were sore for the next 2 days because every time they went to sit down or take a break the band would play another awesome song and they just had to keep dancing!
    JHAT is by far the best in the business. I HIGHLY recommend going to see them in person. There is nothing like the passion and energy they have live on stage. BOOK THIS BAND! Our wedding would not have been complete without them.

Veronica · Married on 01/04/2014

It was very easy to setup and coordinate with Danielle. They were wonderful and the music was great. Other than cocktail hour music, they sang the first dance and it was very special. We would hire them again in a heartbeat! Highly recommend!!

Rebecca · Married on 11/02/2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of having Jimmy and the Hat Tricks perform at our wedding. They were the most professional and talented band I've ever experienced. Danielle is a gem, so easy to work with and truly cares about making your special day the very best it can be. She takes all the stress of planning the entertainment away from the bride, you are in excellent hands! She customized their set list to fit our needs. Our dance floor was PACKED all night! There were times when I was pulled in every direction to talk to family and friends away from the dance floor, but each time I returned, there were still a ton of people dancing and enjoying themselves. It was truly a party atmosphere thanks to them. They made our reception the best ever!

Becky · Married on 10/12/2013

When we set out to plan our wedding, we knew we wanted our reception to be a celebration to remember! We knew from the start that we wanted a band that could keep the dance floor alive! When we found JHat, we were beside ourselves with happiness! Danielle, the lead vocalist, was just about the friendliest person I've ever had the pleasure of working with. She invited me to come watch her band play live so we could see for ourselves how they played! Needless to say, I was ready to book after that performance!

Working with JHat, Danielle specifically, was amazing. They offered to learn a handful of songs for us, and when we looked at their set list we were blown away by how many songs across all genres they already knew! We had them learn our song, and a special song for a family member, but other then those two we could not think of a single song they didn't already know! When we spoke over the phone, Danielle was very confident, super friendly, offered great advice and seemed genuinely excited about playing for our event.

At the actual wedding reception, the band was amazing! People kept coming up to my husband and I to tell us how much they loved the band! If the band took a break from playing, I couldn't remember any of them! They kept the music going, the energy high, and the dance floor packed, just like they said they would! And after they finished their last song, someone shouted out the name of a song for an encore request, at which point JHat immediately launched into the song as if it had been planned the entire time.

There is one thing I want to say about this band that I feel sets them apart from the other bands we checked out. JHat is very adept at playing to their audience. They pay attention to what the audience is responding to and cater what they play to the energy on the floor. I've seen this band play twice now, and twice I've witnessed them work the audience like pros!

I could not recommend this band highly enough!

Sent on 10/29/2013

Jimmy & the Hat Tricks's reply:

Wow! Such kind words--we are humbled by your accolades! The only thing better would be to meet again on a dance floor soon! Congrats again, Becky!
  • Z

Zach · Married on 09/21/2013

We absolutely loved them! Danielle, the lead singer and our main contact, responded to us very quickly whenever we reached out and was always available for calls to discuss the event. In addition to serving as the band for the reception, the guitarist, Marc, played acoustic guitar for our ceremony and provided equipment for our officiant - very helpful.

With Danielle at the helm, the night moved smoothly. She kept people dancing when they were supposed to be dancing, and she got them to sit down when they needed to sit. They didn't know our first dance request, "How Strong My Love Is", but they learned it and Marc knocked the vocals out of the park. He also learned the vocals for "Can't Hold Us", which was amazing. They also provided the iPod and songs to use during their breaks so we didn't have to worry about creating a playlist, providing a huge sigh of relief for us.

Most importantly, our guests LOVED them. One, who is in a band himself, told me that he was taking notes during the wedding so he could tell his bandmates what they need to do for weddings. Our dance floor was always packed and everyone called for an encore at the end of the night.

If you're looking for a professional, fun, entertaining band who will do their best to make you happy, look no further. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/10/2013

Jimmy & the Hat Tricks's reply:

Sincerest thanks for this very personalized testimonial! It was our pleasure celebrating with you two! Congratulations again!

Jessica · Married on 09/14/2013

Out of all of the vendors hired Danielle was one of the most helpful and supportive people to work with. Many of our guests made a point of letting us know how much they loved our band! Jimmy & the Hat Tricks nailed it!!! We would hire them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/02/2013

Jimmy & the Hat Tricks's reply:

Thank you for these kind words, Jessica! Wishing you and Bobby all the best!

Kristin · Married on 09/07/2013

I always knew that I wanted live music for my wedding reception.There is just an energy, a relationship that you can't reproduce with just a dj. So when my husband and I got engaged I was on a mission to find the perfect band, and I did! From the first time I saw Jimmy Hat live I knew they were it and things went so smoothly.
    The lead singer Danielle is AMAZING! Not only is she an incredibly talented singer but she is a down to earth, genuine person that goes so far above and beyond for you. She is the type of person that just easily puts a nervous bride at ease. The whole band is tremendous. If you want a crazy fun, lively, reception with everyone of all ages on the dance floor the entire night you have to hire JIMMY HAT! They play such a variety of music, that it keeps everyone happy, thier song list is HUGE, and if you love a song that isn't on it they are so great at learning new material.
    I know that I am partial to my own wedding, but so many of our guests have told us that our wedding was the best that they have been to, and that our band was by far the best band that they have ever seen at a wedding, and I couldn't agree more. Jimmy Hat played during dinner which was perfect, took a quick break and then played the entire rest of the night, no breaks. The dance floor was packed, the energy was great, and as the bride I danced the night away and had the most amazing day I could have ever dreamed of. There aren't enough words to express how wonderful working with this band has been, and I can't wait to see them again. I am literally going to come up with parties to hire them for, because they are the BEST! You will not regret working with them for any occasion! Amazing band, amazing people, and they do the most amazing job.....thank you Jimmy Hat!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Jimmy & the Hat Tricks's reply:

Wow! Thanks, Mrs. T! We enjoyed every second of your party and wish you all the best!