38 Reviews for Jim Falbo (classical/romantic acoustic guitarist)

User Photos
Reception (2)
Sound/PA System (2)
Microphones (1)
Music During Breaks (1)

Jim was our guitarist at our wedding in November of 2017, He was such a great addition to have and our guests love him. He has such a large repertoire and was able to cater to every need we had. To quote one of our guests "This guy is SLAYING it, I want him for my birthday party"

Photo for Jim Falbo (classical/romantic acoustic guitarist) Review
Photo for Jim Falbo (classical/romantic acoustic guitarist) Review
Profile Picture Ben, 11/5/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Instrumental-Solo

Jim was great to work with! He's easy-going and friendly, as well as a complete professional; awesome combo. Extremely talented and the music was the perfect compliment to our ceremony and cocktail hour. We're grateful we had the opportunity to get to know Jim a bit and have him be a part of our day.

Profile Picture Chrissie, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Jim's music was absolutely perfect for our cocktail hour. It completely set the mood. He played a wide variety of music and played flawlessly. I heard rave reviews from my guests as well. We had originally planned on having our event outdoors but rain forced us inside. I was a bit worried that the music might be a bit overpowering indoors, but it was exactly the right loudness and filled the space beautifully. I highly recommend Jim!

Profile Picture Claire, 8/26/17, 3 Reviews

Hire Jim!!

Jim played at our outdoor wedding ceremony in July. When we were planning our ceremony, we met with Jim and he played us a mini-concert and helped us choose our music. He totally put us at ease. For the wedding, Jim brought his own speaker and let us use his microphone for our ceremony - it was absolutely seamless. The sound carried to our guests - even outside!

We LOVED the music before, during and after the ceremony. Our guests loved it, too, and had so many wonderful things to say about Jim, specifically. Jim has a huge repertoire. He played the songs we requested (some pop, Beatles, even AHA!) and learned a new song to play just for us. It was so beautiful and just what we wanted.

Jim is so talented, professional, responsive and nice! I am looking for an excuse to hire him again!

Profile Picture Kelly, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Matt and I hired Jim for our July 1st of 2017 for our wedding. We found him through WeddingWire and could not have been more pleased. He was exactly what we were looking for. Very professional, always prompt in responding to questions we had, and willing to meet with us a couple times before our wedding. We would highly recommend Jim.

Profile Picture Ann, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

We highly recommend Jim. He was so easy to work with and exceptionally professional. He was there early, totally prepared with all the songs we had asked for, and played beautifully. We had several guests comment on the lovely music. The portion of our ceremony with background music went very long. Jim's response was seamless. He kept playing and worked in several more songs that were perfect for the moment. His work is a great value. He is a top-notch professional and charges less than most of his caliber. He even provided a microphone (and a stand at the last minute!) for our officiant, which saved us having to rent one. Thanks Jim!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I couldn't be more pleased with Jim! To be honest, there are performers that are lower priced, BUT you definitely get what you pay for! Jim gave a wonderful performance, was easy to work with, always accessible and was very professional! He performed ceremony music and during the cocktail hour. I received many compliments and would not hesitate to book him again! Many thanks to a true professional!

Profile Picture User7427106, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Jim was simply amazing. We can't believe how lucky we are to have found Jim to play in our outside ceremony. We received SO many compliments on Jim's performance and would highly highly recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Jim was amazing! We absolutely loved the music - he is so talented! It was so cool that he learned a song just for us and also customized the ceremony and cocktail hour with the music that we love. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Kehly, 8/20/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Instrumental-Solo, Guitar, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Learn New Songs, Sound/PA System

Jim was nothing short of stupendous. A gentleman, a highly skilled musician, and an affable young man--Jim played beautifully throughout our ceremony. The sound of his guitar playing was sublime. So glad we asked him to play at our wedding!

Profile Picture Michael, 8/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Jim provided music for our wedding ceremony and reception this past July. He was a pleasure to work with - so professional, and all services delivered as agreed! We also added one song to the repertoire that we chose and his rendition was perfect. We highly recommend Jim!

Profile Picture User7434189, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

My husband and I knew right away that we wanted a guitarist to play at our wedding ceremony. As I was searching online, I came across Jim Falbo, and I couldn't have found a more perfect musician for our day. He had such a wide range of songs from his repertoire that I had no problem picking out which ones would be the right fit for our special day! He was great to work with- very professional, fast in responding to questions and very reasonably priced! All of our guests raved about Jim and I am so glad we chose him!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 6/11/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Guitar, Instrumental-Solo, Ceremony

Jim played for our wedding in June and he was brilliant. He beautifully played the song he learned for our wedding and most helpful, he managed to go with the flow as parts of our ceremony shifted last minute. He went with the changes and played accordingly and beautifully. Many of our guests also commented on his playing and professionalism. We highly recommend him.

Profile Picture User7129006, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

If you are looking for a very professional guitarist to play at your wedding, Jim Falbo is the perfect option. He does all the classic wedding songs and he also has an extensive catalog of other options that may fit your ceremony better than the classics. Our guests thought Jim was amazing and he walked us through everything without any issues. He really was a terrific option and I am so happy that we selected him.

Profile Picture Chad, 5/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Ceremony, Instrumentals, Learn New Songs, Microphones, Instrumental-Solo, Guitar

Jim did the most amazing job with our ceremony music. I originally was going to go with just playing a CD for our ceremony with a couple songs but we found Jim online, I went and checked out a couple of his YouTube videos and immediately fell in love with his version of "All of Me" by John Legend. I didn't want it to be cheesy having a song probably everyone had chosen but Jim's version is completely unique and BEAUTIFUL. It was one of those things that when you hear something amazing you get chills all over your body and I just said yes, we have to have him. I had been worried that my husband to be wouldn't have the reaction of "WOW!" when I walked down the aisle because we were going to do pictures beforehand and he would already see me but Jim definitely helped change my thoughts and I knew he would be the difference in getting that wow factor and my now husband said he was definitely holding back tears (and he never cries!) so I think that says something about Jim's talent for sure! I would recommend him to anyone, he has an amazing talent and you would be lucky to hire him! Thanks Jim!

Profile Picture Cydney, 4/30/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Guitar, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumental-Solo

Jim is an incredible musician with outstanding people-skills. Everyone came up to me to ask who our guitarist was and told us how much they loved the music he played. Jim is super, super easy to work with and just a joy to be around. He was one of the best choices we made for our special day and if I did it over again right now I'd hire him again.

Profile Picture Lynn, 3/4/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learn New Songs, Music During Breaks, Reception, Sound/PA System, Instrumental-Solo, Guitar

Jim was such a pleasure to work with. He played an exceptional variety of songs, which was exactly what we asked for. We had many guests comment on Jim's talent. He showed up early, set up and started playing. You can tell Jim loves what he does and truly enjoys providing that extra touch to the event. We will be referring him to others and plan on using him for other events in the future.

Profile Picture Jenn, 12/5/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Instrumental-Solo, Guitar, Reception

We are so happy that we chose Jim Falbo as our musician for our daughters wedding. He provided wonderful romantic classical guitar music making their wedding even more incredible and memorable. He was so easy to work with and provided several sources of his repertoire to help us choose the selections that were perfect for their ceremony. Jim is a true professional and comes with the highest recommendation possible!

Profile Picture Joni, 11/28/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Ceremony, Instrumental-Solo, Guitar

Jim's arrangements are beautiful and he plays flawlessly. He has great communication and is extremely friendly. Jim's repertoire covers anything you'd want played or he is willing to learn new material. I would highly recommend him! He made our ceremony beautiful, simple, and personal. Loved him!

Profile Picture Heather, 10/31/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Jim was fantastic to work with. Not only was his musical performance during our ceremony beautiful - many guests mentioned throughout the night they loved the acoustic music - but he was courteous and easy to work with. As milestones arrived for our planning, he would help keep us on track to ensure he had what he needed for a wonderful performance. Thank you, Jim, for helping us have a magical day. Your music helped set the perfect soundtrack for our wedding. Our guests had so much fun identifying the different songs and then sharing memories those stores evoked. Thank you again!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/3/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We hired Jim to play for our wedding ceremony and he was fantastic. Our ceremony took place at a small (historic) church in St. Paul. Jim's music filled the church beautifully and we could not be happier with how everything worked out.

Knowing we wanted a classical guitarist for our ceremony we found Jim online after he contacted us from a request we placed on gigmasters.com. From the start Jim was professional, very responsive, and available for any questions we had. He sent us a CD of his work that came in the mail quickly after we decided to work with him. This gave us a great foundation of music to review (in addition to everything he has on his website). Jim offered to learn a special song (of our choosing) as well, which is something we wanted going into this process. We decided on a song by the Cure which he was excited to learn and per our request romanticized it in such a way that it fit into our day. It was what we wanted and he executed it perfectly on our wedding day.

All of our arrangements/communications were done via email which was very convenient considering the numerous other things you are dealing with in the weeks leading up to your wedding. Even though we did everything via email, Jim was available by phone if needed, but he made things so easy.

On the day of our ceremony, Jim arrived well ahead of time to setup. Our church had no electricity aside from one extension cord, which Jim requested be in place ahead of time to make sure he could optimize his sound (if an amp was needed). It didn't take him long to figure out what was best for our venue and he was well prepared. On a personal level he was very professional, respectful, and kind. He came dressed in a suit and appropriate for our the importance of our event. Also, he had a good personality and was talkative with those of us in the church before the ceremony began. Jim offers incredible talent at a reasonable price and we HIGHLY RECOMMEND him to be a part of your event.

Profile Picture Meg, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Jim Falbo was wonderful to work with for our wedding. I loved the music he played at our ceremony. It was perfect. Jim was professional and prompt in answering all emails and calls. He helped me through choosing the music and even sent me a CD of some of his work. This was so helpful especially planning from out of state. Jim also learned a specific song for our ceremony that was very special to us. I would absolutely recommend Jim for your wedding and/or event! Thank you Jim!

Profile Picture Amy , 7/25/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Jim was an an amazing musician to work with for our wedding. He was professional and highly musically talented. His performance was truly memorable and one if my favorite parts if the wedding. Thank you Jim!

Profile Picture User5312810, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Jim was amazing at our wedding! There was a last minute change that he wasn't informed of before the ceremony (sorry!) but he was able to handle it without any hesitation. We were so happy we had him play at our wedding, it really added that special touch we were looking for! I would highly recommend him to play at any event, as he is very professional, fun, and easy to work with.

Profile Picture Jillian, 7/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Jim was fantastic! I would recommend him to anyone.

Profile Picture User4563918, 2+ years ago, 1 Review