Jim Falbo (classical/romantic acoustic guitarist) Reviews

40 | Burnsville, MN

40 Reviews for Jim Falbo (classical/romantic acoustic guitarist)

40 Jim Falbo (classical/romantic acoustic guitarist) Reviews

Alysha Engelson · Married on 09/23/2018

Great to work with!

Jim was an absolute pleasure to work with! He has extensive experience and a ton of great ceremony, cocktail and reception options. Jim was also very helpful while picking out music and made our ceremony so special! I would highly recommend him :)

Kelsey Coenen · Married on 09/08/2018

Fantastic Choice!

Jim was simply the best! He was so easy to work with and wanted to ensure our wedding was personalized and exactly how we envisioned it. When I wasn't able to find a song I liked for my bridal walk from his extensive list of songs, he suggested I find a song I loved and he would learn it! It was perfect :)

Ben · Married on 11/05/2017

Jim was our guitarist at our wedding in November of 2017, He was such a great addition to have and our guests love him. He has such a large repertoire and was able to cater to every need we had. To quote one of our guests "This guy is SLAYING it, I want him for my birthday party"

Sent on 01/02/2018
    Jim Falbo (classical/romantic acoustic guitarist) 1
    Jim Falbo (classical/romantic acoustic guitarist) 2

Jim Falbo (classical/romantic acoustic guitarist)'s reply:

Hi Ben, Thanks for hiring me to play your wedding! Really enjoyed playing and talking with some of your guests. Hope the best for you and yours!

Chrissie · Married on 10/07/2017

Jim was great to work with! He's easy-going and friendly, as well as a complete professional; awesome combo. Extremely talented and the music was the perfect compliment to our ceremony and cocktail hour. We're grateful we had the opportunity to get to know Jim a bit and have him be a part of our day.

Sent on 11/06/2017

Jim Falbo (classical/romantic acoustic guitarist)'s reply:

Hi Chrissie, Thanks for choosing me to be a part of your wedding. It was a pleasure playing for you and your guests! Your kind words are much appreciated.

Claire · Married on 08/26/2017

Jim's music was absolutely perfect for our cocktail hour. It completely set the mood. He played a wide variety of music and played flawlessly. I heard rave reviews from my guests as well. We had originally planned on having our event outdoors but rain forced us inside. I was a bit worried that the music might be a bit overpowering indoors, but it was exactly the right loudness and filled the space beautifully. I highly recommend Jim!

Sent on 10/07/2017

Jim Falbo (classical/romantic acoustic guitarist)'s reply:

Hi Claire, thanks for the kind words, glad I lived up to your expectations. Pleasure performing for you and your party! All the best!

Kelly · Married on 07/15/2017

Hire Jim!!

Jim played at our outdoor wedding ceremony in July. When we were planning our ceremony, we met with Jim and he played us a mini-concert and helped us choose our music. He totally put us at ease. For the wedding, Jim brought his own speaker and let us use his microphone for our ceremony - it was absolutely seamless. The sound carried to our guests - even outside!

We LOVED the music before, during and after the ceremony. Our guests loved it, too, and had so many wonderful things to say about Jim, specifically. Jim has a huge repertoire. He played the songs we requested (some pop, Beatles, even AHA!) and learned a new song to play just for us. It was so beautiful and just what we wanted.

Jim is so talented, professional, responsive and nice! I am looking for an excuse to hire him again!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Jim Falbo (classical/romantic acoustic guitarist)'s reply:

Hi Kelly, So glad I could provide music for you and Brian's lovely wedding. It really was a nice afternoon to play guitar for you all on your special day!

Ann · Married on 07/01/2017

Matt and I hired Jim for our July 1st of 2017 for our wedding. We found him through WeddingWire and could not have been more pleased. He was exactly what we were looking for. Very professional, always prompt in responding to questions we had, and willing to meet with us a couple times before our wedding. We would highly recommend Jim.

Sent on 07/14/2017

Jim Falbo (classical/romantic acoustic guitarist)'s reply:

Ann- thanks for the kind words, glad I met your expectations for your wedding!

Lauren · Married on 06/10/2017

We highly recommend Jim. He was so easy to work with and exceptionally professional. He was there early, totally prepared with all the songs we had asked for, and played beautifully. We had several guests comment on the lovely music. The portion of our ceremony with background music went very long. Jim's response was seamless. He kept playing and worked in several more songs that were perfect for the moment. His work is a great value. He is a top-notch professional and charges less than most of his caliber. He even provided a microphone (and a stand at the last minute!) for our officiant, which saved us having to rent one. Thanks Jim!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Jim Falbo (classical/romantic acoustic guitarist)'s reply:

Thanks for the kind words Lauren! Enjoyed playing at your wedding, and hope to stay in your wedding memories!

I couldn't be more pleased with Jim! To be honest, there are performers that are lower priced, BUT you definitely get what you pay for! Jim gave a wonderful performance, was easy to work with, always accessible and was very professional! He performed ceremony music and during the cocktail hour. I received many compliments and would not hesitate to book him again! Many thanks to a true professional!

Sarah · Married on 09/04/2016

Jim was simply amazing. We can't believe how lucky we are to have found Jim to play in our outside ceremony. We received SO many compliments on Jim's performance and would highly highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 10/02/2016

Jim Falbo (classical/romantic acoustic guitarist)'s reply:

Thanks Sarah! I loved the ceremony location, and playing for you all.

Kehly · Married on 08/20/2016

Jim was amazing! We absolutely loved the music - he is so talented! It was so cool that he learned a song just for us and also customized the ceremony and cocktail hour with the music that we love. Thank you so much!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Jim Falbo (classical/romantic acoustic guitarist)'s reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words Kehly, I enjoyed providing music fitting the tastes of you and yours. All the best to you both!

Michael · Married on 08/12/2016

Jim was nothing short of stupendous. A gentleman, a highly skilled musician, and an affable young man--Jim played beautifully throughout our ceremony. The sound of his guitar playing was sublime. So glad we asked him to play at our wedding!

Sent on 08/28/2016

Jim Falbo (classical/romantic acoustic guitarist)'s reply:

Hi Michael, Thanks so much for hiring me to play in your wedding. I am glad you enjoyed having me play guitar in your wedding. Wish you both all the best, and thanks for taking the time to review me!

Marykay · Married on 07/02/2016

Jim provided music for our wedding ceremony and reception this past July. He was a pleasure to work with - so professional, and all services delivered as agreed! We also added one song to the repertoire that we chose and his rendition was perfect. We highly recommend Jim!

Kelsey · Married on 06/11/2016

My husband and I knew right away that we wanted a guitarist to play at our wedding ceremony. As I was searching online, I came across Jim Falbo, and I couldn't have found a more perfect musician for our day. He had such a wide range of songs from his repertoire that I had no problem picking out which ones would be the right fit for our special day! He was great to work with- very professional, fast in responding to questions and very reasonably priced! All of our guests raved about Jim and I am so glad we chose him!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Jim Falbo (classical/romantic acoustic guitarist)'s reply:

Hi Kelsey, it was so great working with you and playing in your wedding. I'm glad everyone enjoyed the ambiance and music I provided in the wedding. Wish you both the very best!

Debbie · Married on 06/05/2016

Jim played for our wedding in June and he was brilliant. He beautifully played the song he learned for our wedding and most helpful, he managed to go with the flow as parts of our ceremony shifted last minute. He went with the changes and played accordingly and beautifully. Many of our guests also commented on his playing and professionalism. We highly recommend him.

Chad · Married on 05/07/2016

If you are looking for a very professional guitarist to play at your wedding, Jim Falbo is the perfect option. He does all the classic wedding songs and he also has an extensive catalog of other options that may fit your ceremony better than the classics. Our guests thought Jim was amazing and he walked us through everything without any issues. He really was a terrific option and I am so happy that we selected him.

Sent on 05/24/2016

Jim Falbo (classical/romantic acoustic guitarist)'s reply:

Thanks so much Chad! I really enjoyed providing the music on a beautiful day, and am thrilled you enjoyed have me play guitar in your wedding!

Cydney · Married on 04/30/2016

Jim did the most amazing job with our ceremony music. I originally was going to go with just playing a CD for our ceremony with a couple songs but we found Jim online, I went and checked out a couple of his YouTube videos and immediately fell in love with his version of "All of Me" by John Legend. I didn't want it to be cheesy having a song probably everyone had chosen but Jim's version is completely unique and BEAUTIFUL. It was one of those things that when you hear something amazing you get chills all over your body and I just said yes, we have to have him. I had been worried that my husband to be wouldn't have the reaction of "WOW!" when I walked down the aisle because we were going to do pictures beforehand and he would already see me but Jim definitely helped change my thoughts and I knew he would be the difference in getting that wow factor and my now husband said he was definitely holding back tears (and he never cries!) so I think that says something about Jim's talent for sure! I would recommend him to anyone, he has an amazing talent and you would be lucky to hire him! Thanks Jim!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Jim Falbo (classical/romantic acoustic guitarist)'s reply:

Thanks so much Cydney! I'm glad you were so moved by my playing, and was grateful to play an integral role in your ceremony.

Lynn · Married on 03/04/2016

Jim is an incredible musician with outstanding people-skills. Everyone came up to me to ask who our guitarist was and told us how much they loved the music he played. Jim is super, super easy to work with and just a joy to be around. He was one of the best choices we made for our special day and if I did it over again right now I'd hire him again.

Sent on 05/05/2016

Jim Falbo (classical/romantic acoustic guitarist)'s reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words Lynn. Really great to hear I brought such joy to your wedding!

Jenn · Married on 12/05/2015

Jim was such a pleasure to work with. He played an exceptional variety of songs, which was exactly what we asked for. We had many guests comment on Jim's talent. He showed up early, set up and started playing. You can tell Jim loves what he does and truly enjoys providing that extra touch to the event. We will be referring him to others and plan on using him for other events in the future.

Joni · Married on 11/28/2015

We are so happy that we chose Jim Falbo as our musician for our daughters wedding. He provided wonderful romantic classical guitar music making their wedding even more incredible and memorable. He was so easy to work with and provided several sources of his repertoire to help us choose the selections that were perfect for their ceremony. Jim is a true professional and comes with the highest recommendation possible!

Sent on 12/02/2015

Jim Falbo (classical/romantic acoustic guitarist)'s reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words Joni, I really enjoyed providing music for the wedding!

Jim's arrangements are beautiful and he plays flawlessly. He has great communication and is extremely friendly. Jim's repertoire covers anything you'd want played or he is willing to learn new material. I would highly recommend him! He made our ceremony beautiful, simple, and personal. Loved him!

Sent on 11/22/2015

Jim Falbo (classical/romantic acoustic guitarist)'s reply:

I'm glad you thought so highly of my music at your beautiful wedding. I enjoyed providing music and memories in your wedding. Thanks for taking the time to review my services!

Jim was fantastic to work with. Not only was his musical performance during our ceremony beautiful - many guests mentioned throughout the night they loved the acoustic music - but he was courteous and easy to work with. As milestones arrived for our planning, he would help keep us on track to ensure he had what he needed for a wonderful performance. Thank you, Jim, for helping us have a magical day. Your music helped set the perfect soundtrack for our wedding. Our guests had so much fun identifying the different songs and then sharing memories those stores evoked. Thank you again!

Sent on 10/10/2015

Jim Falbo (classical/romantic acoustic guitarist)'s reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words! I enjoyed playing at your wedding on that beautiful autumn afternoon!

Meg · Married on 10/03/2015

We hired Jim to play for our wedding ceremony and he was fantastic. Our ceremony took place at a small (historic) church in St. Paul. Jim's music filled the church beautifully and we could not be happier with how everything worked out.

Knowing we wanted a classical guitarist for our ceremony we found Jim online after he contacted us from a request we placed on gigmasters.com. From the start Jim was professional, very responsive, and available for any questions we had. He sent us a CD of his work that came in the mail quickly after we decided to work with him. This gave us a great foundation of music to review (in addition to everything he has on his website). Jim offered to learn a special song (of our choosing) as well, which is something we wanted going into this process. We decided on a song by the Cure which he was excited to learn and per our request romanticized it in such a way that it fit into our day. It was what we wanted and he executed it perfectly on our wedding day.

All of our arrangements/communications were done via email which was very convenient considering the numerous other things you are dealing with in the weeks leading up to your wedding. Even though we did everything via email, Jim was available by phone if needed, but he made things so easy.

On the day of our ceremony, Jim arrived well ahead of time to setup. Our church had no electricity aside from one extension cord, which Jim requested be in place ahead of time to make sure he could optimize his sound (if an amp was needed). It didn't take him long to figure out what was best for our venue and he was well prepared. On a personal level he was very professional, respectful, and kind. He came dressed in a suit and appropriate for our the importance of our event. Also, he had a good personality and was talkative with those of us in the church before the ceremony began. Jim offers incredible talent at a reasonable price and we HIGHLY RECOMMEND him to be a part of your event.

Sent on 11/15/2015

Jim Falbo (classical/romantic acoustic guitarist)'s reply:

Wow, thanks Meg, I'm glad you enjoyed my music as much as I enjoyed playing in your wedding!

Amy · Married on 07/25/2015

Jim Falbo was wonderful to work with for our wedding. I loved the music he played at our ceremony. It was perfect. Jim was professional and prompt in answering all emails and calls. He helped me through choosing the music and even sent me a CD of some of his work. This was so helpful especially planning from out of state. Jim also learned a specific song for our ceremony that was very special to us. I would absolutely recommend Jim for your wedding and/or event! Thank you Jim!

Jim was an an amazing musician to work with for our wedding. He was professional and highly musically talented. His performance was truly memorable and one if my favorite parts if the wedding. Thank you Jim!