Jillian Hogan Photography Reviews

Jillian Hogan Photography 5
Jillian Hogan Photography 6
Jillian Hogan Photography 7

Laura · Getting married on 11/03/2019

The photographer you need!

Jillian is our photographer for our upcoming wedding and has recently captured our engagement photos. She is beyond amazing. She is flexible especially when we had to change our photo session due to weather. She is fun and laid back which makes you feel really comfortable while trying to take photos. She has awesome ideas and is always willing to listen to your wants. She captured so many great photos during our engagement session we had such a hard time trying to figure out our favorites! We are excited to have her capture our wedding day next November!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Phoebe Lansford · Married on 04/27/2019

Magical engagement session!!!

We just got our engagement photos back and my fiance and I couldn't have been more pleased! Jillian truly captured our personalities while making us look great at the same time. She really listened to what we were wanting, and I absolutely LOVE her editing style. Jillian is nothing but professional while still letting her own personality shine, which is why we loved working with her and can't wait for the wedding day!

Sent on 12/16/2018
    Jillian Hogan Photography 8
  • Sunny

Sunny · Married on 04/13/2019

Awesome Engagement Photos

Jillian is absolutely the best!! We had our engagement photo session with Jillian last Sunday, 11/05/2018. It was super cold and very windy. I was so worried before we started, but the weather didn’t affect our pictures at all. Our pictures turned out to be beautiful! Jillian was very helpful when we were trying to pick the location. She definitely knows what she’s doing. The entire photoshoot went very smoothly and we were very comfortable with her pose suggestions. I am so glad we are also having Jillian to be our wedding photographer.

Sent on 11/30/2018
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 11/16/2018

If Jillian would have me as a personal spokesperson, I would totally do it.

I don't believe there are enough words of gratitude that I can extend to Jillian for making our day absolutely perfect. She is completely detail oriented, is open to a lot of crazy ideas, and was hands down the best investment of our big day! She is so friendly, professional, and extremely timely with her responses. Her editing and finished products are completed timeless. With over 9 hours of coverage, two photographers and two locations, we ended up with over 1,000 (Yes, ONE THOUSAND) stunning photos to look back on from our day. She captured every photo I wanted, a picture of almost all the guests, and not only beautiful photos of us inside the church and outdoors, but the candid shots/little moments are great! I wouldn't have changed anything about our day, especially hiring Jillian to photograph our once-in-a-lifetime day. Jillian, YOU ARE AMAZING AND I AM EXTREMELY THANKFUL FOR YOU AND YOUR GIFT OF CAPTURING OUR DAY PERFECTLY.

Sent on 01/04/2019
    Jillian Hogan Photography 16
    Jillian Hogan Photography 17
    Jillian Hogan Photography 18

Courtney · Married on 10/13/2018

Couldn't have asked for a better photographer

What really sets Jillian apart is that she doesn't just document the aesthetics of the day, but she also captures the feeling. We had a pretty long list of "shots" for our wedding day (and she nailed all of them!), but what was so unexpected and special are the photos of all of the small, special moments of the day, whether it was photos of the two of us together, sweet (and hilarious) moments between friends and family throughout the night, or some of the cutest photos of our flower girl ever! Whether it's posed shots, details, or candids, Jillian's photos are everything we could have asked for, plus more than I ever imagined. It felt like our wedding day flew by, but Jillian's photos bring everything back.

Choosing a photographer was definitely something that we stressed over, and I don't think we could have found a better match. She was so wonderful throughout the entire planning process--whether it was a recommendation for a vendor or just a casual check-in email to see how things were going. We had major storms on the day of our wedding, and I was really worried about our schedule and missing some of the outdoor shots that we were hoping for, and Jillian was such a calming presence that day and kept things running smoothly. We lucked out and the skies cleared in time, and we were able to get some really incredible outdoor photos, but I have full confidence that our portraits would have still turned out beautifully if the rain didn't clear in time. All in all, I can't recommend Jillian enough--she was everything that I had hoped for in a photographer, and so much more.

Sent on 12/21/2018

Mallory · Married on 09/01/2018

Jillian has everything you want in a photographer! She was organized and professional, but also has such a great, fun personality. She is very knowledgeable in her craft and provided us with beautiful, diverse photos for both our engagements and wedding photos. She took the time to listen to what we wanted, kept us updated, and provided exactly what she promised. I will be forever grateful for her for capturing these memories for us!

Sent on 09/22/2018
    Jillian Hogan Photography 19
    Jillian Hogan Photography 20
    Jillian Hogan Photography 21

Katherine · Married on 08/18/2018

I can’t say enough about Jillian! She does amazing work and listens to what is important to you. She is very professional and down to earth. I highly recommend her to anyone needing a photographer! She is super responsive. We had our pictures back quickly and they are phenomenal!

Sent on 09/01/2018

Madison · Married on 06/09/2018

Jillian was our photographer for our wedding on 6/9/18 and she also did our engagement pictures last fall. She was truly awesome and her work is phenomenal. I don't like being in front of the camera but she made me feel comfortable and even better made me look good! Her editing is great and I feel like will be timeless. She was always quick to answer any question we had and was helpful when I was looking for other wedding vendors. I would recommend her ten times over.

Sent on 07/17/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 05/27/2018

I adore Jillian and her work. Jillian is laid back and easy to talk to, which is a big deal when you're trusting someone to capture the most special day of your life! Her work is incomparable, such beautiful use of light. I wanted a photographer that captured the day exactly as I remembered it. Jillian was for sure the right choice- anyone who checks out her blog will see that. I endlessly appreciate her helping me build my day-of timeline because I had NO IDEA what I was doing. She spent a good two hours with me on that as well as hearing what exactly I envisioned for our big day. She was happy to incorporate my quirky little touches I wanted in my photography and I'm so happy knowing my wedding is captured in its entirety and won't look like "everyone else's wedding"! I wouldn't have anyone else on my big day!

Sent on 05/04/2018

Candace · Married on 05/19/2018

Jillian is the BEST!! I know nothing about photography but I could tell when we first met, that she really knows her stuff. Not only with lighting and angels, but with wedding timelines and what works best in general! During our engagement session, she was super flexible on time and where we wanted to meet her but had a lot of suggestions if we were unsure. She showed up early to scope out all the good spots too. I loved how she directed us how to stand, where to turn our heads and look to make the pictures flow and help us look less posed. We are by no means models so really appreciated the guidance. We laughed the whole session and she moved us along quickly to get as many pictures and backgrounds in as possible. I thought it was cool how she knew she needed to continuously change her camera settings as the sun was setting. Her photos are pure and natural and not over-edited as well. Something I was looking for my wedding. She had all pictures back to us (a tons of them) within 48 hours!! I was overwhelmed with how she truly over-delivered her service and cannot wait for the wedding date!! :)

Sent on 09/28/2017

Jillian Hogan Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Candace! I had a great time with you both and can't wait for the wedding day!

Kelsie · Married on 04/14/2018

11/10 recommend Jillian. Jillian was our photographer for our wedding at the Monroe Pearson in Denton (April 2018). There are not enough words in the dictionary to describe how wonderful a person Jillian is. We are so happy with our engagement, bridal and wedding suite! We receive so many comments from friends and family on her photos. She has a true photographers eye and catches all the little details that you work so hard to include in your big day.

Jillian was the first and only photographer we met with when starting our hunt for a photographer. We were so impressed with her, her work, her personality and calming demeanor that we didn't even consider looking elsewhere after our initial consultation. Jillian was personally recommended to us by a close family friend who also was recommended to her by her friend. In my book personal recommendations are the best ones!

If you're considering hiring Jillian for your wedding or family photography, do it!

Sent on 06/13/2018
    Jillian Hogan Photography 22
    Jillian Hogan Photography 23

McKenna · Married on 10/06/2017

Absolutely loved working with Jillian! She was so accommodating to our schedules and made us feel like celebrities in front of the camera! She was able to get us our photos quickly after each photo session and they were perfect! She has an eye for the perfect shot and it shows in all the photos! I would recommend her for everyone! From engagements to boudoir to wedding pictures she does amazing work!

Jillian Hogan Photography's reply:

Thank you McKenna. I can't wait for your big day!

Liz · Married on 09/26/2017

Jillian was such an accommodating and flexible photographer! She will go above and beyond to make sure your wedding pictures look stunning. My husband and I are very pleased, and look forward to working with her in the future!!

Sent on 09/28/2017

Jillian Hogan Photography's reply:

Thank you Liz! I look forward to working with you both again.

Erin · Married on 06/10/2017

Working with Jillian was amazing from start to finish! When I first met with Jillian to talk about what I wanted from a photographer she was professional and thorough. She did our engagement and wedding photos and they turned out great! She is super sweet and made sure to get the shots that we wanted by helping us relax and laugh. She spent lots of time talking with me before the big day making sure we'd run through everything and her attention to detail was excellent. Family and friends remarked frequently that she was super pleasant and friendly during our wedding. We have many amazing images to help us remember and cherish from our special day! I highly recommend Jillian as a photographer to trust with capturing your special moments!

Jillian Hogan Photography's reply:

So glad to have worked with you and Brandon! Thank you.

Christen · Married on 12/22/2016

I LOVE Jillian and I LOVED working with her! We just clicked the moment we had our initial meeting. Jillian is professional but made our experience with her fun! We absolutely loved all of our wedding photos and I feel like her style is current yet timeless. I cannot wait to work with Jillian again on future family pictures. She was really responsive to all prior wedding day correspondences and we got our pictures really quickly after the wedding. I appreciated the fact that she provides a list of pictures that she typically takes at weddings which helped spur ideas of other pictures that we wanted taken. She is really accommodating of ideas and helps make sure that things go smoothly. Jillian is wonderful and I would recommend her to any bride!

Jillian Hogan Photography's reply:

Thank you Christen and can't wait for that anniversary session!

Raechel · Married on 12/09/2016

Jillian was absolutely wonderful from start to finish! She is so kind, thoughtful and makes you feel so comfortable. She is incredibly organized and will take care of every step and detail of the photography part of your wedding! And her photos are stunning!! I am so thankful to have such beautiful photos of our wedding day!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Jessica · Married on 11/13/2016

Wonderful woman! Very welcoming and accommodating for our crazy schedules. My husband and I are both in retail, so scheduling gets a little out there. She was very patient and understanding and so flexible! Her photos of our wedding we absolutely stunning and we could not have been happier with her performance and professionalism. She puts everyone at ease, even the kids! Jillian was an absolute joy and we were so grateful she was our photographer for the big day! Thank you so much!

Sent on 08/24/2017

Melissa · Married on 10/22/2016

TL;DR: Jillian is the best. Personality and professionalism is A+. End products are gold.

We planned our wedding from afar. After a few fails with photographers that wouldn't travel up to our venue I Googled “McKinney photographer” and tada, Jillian Hogan. She responded within 24 hours and we set up a video meeting. She made sure that our vision aligned with her style and that was that. The contract was simple and payment was easy (again, great for remote wedding planning). She continued to be responsive and gave us some great suggestions.

On W-Day she and the second shooter show up with smiles and were rock stars in the chaos of hair and makeup. We were just in a hotel room, but Jillian still made it look wonderful! We took first look and bridal party pics before the ceremony. The rest of the day was a blur, but Mom and MIL were happy with them. Before they left, they asked if there was any last minute picture I wanted. That willingness to check in was really sweet and thoughtful.

I had a sneak peek within two weeks. Soon after, we had access to all our pictures. The pictures capture exactly the way that I remember feeling that day. They make my heart happy.

We worked with 4 photographers: proposal, engagement, cultural wedding, and American wedding. We didn’t have a long list of must have photos in any of these situations. All were good, but Jillian was superb. She nailed our list of “must haves” and then her talent kicked in and everything was effortless with her.

Sent on 08/08/2017

Jillian Hogan Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Melissa. I enjoyed working with you, Chris and your families very much!!

Ashley · Married on 09/24/2016

Jillian is professional, artistic, and genuine. Along with an assistant photographer, Jillian photographed our wedding day beautifully. She captured special moments, the floral details, and my requested group shots. I would highly recommend her for bridal, engagements, and weddings. Everyone compliments our stunning wedding pictures.

Jillian Hogan Photography's reply:

Thank you Ashley. I loved everything about your wedding day. It was magical!

Haley · Married on 08/13/2016

Jillian was awesome! Super sweet and an amazing photographer!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Sandi · Married on 08/06/2016

Jillian, by far, was one of our best decisions regarding wedding planning that we made! She was so personable, professional and we will continue to use Jillian for all photographs in the future!! We not only have wonderful photos but we also made a wonderful friend in Jillian!!!

Sent on 08/01/2017

Jillian Hogan Photography's reply:

You will always be a favorite. Thank you dear Sandi!!

Tracy · Married on 03/05/2016

Jillian Hogan Photography is AMAZING! She customized a package that worked for us & our smaller wedding. On top of being professional, she is fun to work with! She also does her homework on the venue, sunset times, traffic (we went to a 2nd site for extra photos), etc. No detail left untouched. I had a lot of questions and she answered each one with ease. The finished product is a timeless set of wedding photos that are flawless. We could not have made a better choice for our wedding day!

Jillian Hogan Photography's reply:

Thank you for this sweet review Tracy!

Dana · Married on 11/28/2015

Jillian was awesome! I'm not one that typically enjoys taking pictures but she was so easy going and made me feel extremely comfortable. We had a great time during the bridal session and I loved my wedding party photos!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Candace · Married on 10/24/2015

She was amazing and worked hard to get the perfect shots. We love how every photo turned out.

Sent on 08/26/2017

Anna · Married on 11/22/2014

I couldn't have asked for a better photographer for our wedding day! Jillian came recommended to me by my venue and from the first time we spoke, I knew she had to be our photographer. Jillian was overly attentive to all of our needs and desires for our special day. She was so easily accessible and worked efficiently to come up with a shot list that incorporated all the photos we wanted. Jillian is so friendly and fit in seamlessly with our day, just like she was a friend we've known for years! She captured the most beautiful images that truly reflected our love for one another! My husband recently surprised me with a photobook that he and Jillian created that perfected captured our special day. It is truly something we will treasure forever! Thank you for everything Jillian!

Sent on 08/10/2017