Jill Andrews Gowns Reviews

Jill Andrews Gowns 5
Jill Andrews Gowns 6
Jill Andrews Gowns 7

Averil · Getting married on 06/17/2021

Working with Jill and the Jill Andrews Gowns team was an exceptional experience. I really had no idea what kind of wedding dress I wanted, only that I hadn't seen anything that was just right. Looking back, Jill really guided me to exactly what I wanted, while providing recommendations and advice on what would look best on me. I received so many compliments on the dress and how perfectly it was made for me and my wedding.

While my dress was simple, the detail and execution were not easy but ended up perfectly- from custom fresh water pearl buttons to match the natural Mexican setting, to breezy spaghetti straps that never fell down, to the perfectly pleated belt that was flattering and the perfect detail. The elegant slit over my right leg that Jill suggested also made the dress easy to walk in and added just enough sex appeal.

For the longest time I really thought I wasn't going to find the perfect dress, so I'm so thankful to Jill Andrews Gowns for creating the perfect custom dress for me that I'll forever love.

Jill Andrews Gowns 8
    Jill Andrews Gowns 9
    Jill Andrews Gowns 10
    Jill Andrews Gowns 11
    Jill Andrews Gowns 12
  • Hailey

Hailey · Married on 09/07/2018

I restyled my mother's wedding gown from 1992 for my 2018 wedding. Jill & Jen are amazing artists who saw the end product. They deconstructed my mother's dress and reconstructed it to fit my style. I was also able to wear her veil! The fittings were so much fun and it was sad leaving the final one! It was terrifying leaving my mother's dress there and knowing it was going to be cut up but we had a great feeling. The final product was absolutely beautiful & perfect! If you have a similar project in mind you can trust them to make your ideas reality!

Sent on 10/05/2018
    Jill Andrews Gowns 13
    Jill Andrews Gowns 14

Jill Andrews Gowns's reply:

Thank you so much!! We loved working with you and your mom and it was a privilege to be entrusted with your gown!

Rachel · Married on 08/24/2018

Flawless alterations

I was referred to Jill by a friend when I was in a pinch to find someone locally for my wedding dress alterations. The backstory is that my family's tailor in Philly unexpectedly retired (he did alterations for me 15+ years) and I needed someone here who I could trust (key word!) to do the work with precision. My friend's wedding dress was intricate and I was aware of the attention to detail given to her gown... so that was enough for me to reach out to the studio. I initially communicated with Jennifer, who was extremely pleasant and helped me schedule an appointment that fit my work schedule. I came to the studio (which is adorable by the way!) with a small list of alterations that I already knew needed to be done, but I also asked Jill and Jennifer to be honest with me about anything else the dress required. They both made me feel comfortable right away, provided an explanation for each alteration, and demonstrated the quality of their work. They also made me feel confident that the alterations would be long-lasting. The cost was what I expected to pay and I had factored that in when choosing my dress originally (this is a must - don't forget that part in your budget). At a later fitting, Jill was also able to take out a layer of fabric from the skirt of my dress to make it feel lighter/airy, since my wedding was the end of August (hot!). She and Jennifer even made an itchy piece of fabric become un-itchy. Like magic :-) On the wedding day, I felt absolutely fabulous in my dress. I could sit, stand, squat, walk, dance for hours, hug people, and twirl around without any concerns - and I think that really tells you something about Jill's and Jennifer's skills. If you're looking for meticulous technique and expertise, these gals are for you!

Sent on 12/15/2018
    Jill Andrews Gowns 15

Jill Andrews Gowns's reply:

Thank you so much, Rachel! We loved working with you and are very happy to know that you had a wonderful day!!

Brandon · Married on 04/07/2018

I can not say enough about Jill! Not only is she professional and friendly her skill set is beyond what I could've hoped for. I worse my grandmother's wedding dress on my wedding day. The dress was originally made in 1947 and then worn again by my Aunt in the 1980s. Jill was able to restore it to the original after my Aunt added some 80s flare. The dress turned out to be the most talked about part of the wedding. I've never had so many compliments paid my direction!!! Jill and her staff met with me for multiple fittings. They were easy to reach and always one step ahead to make sure the dress would be a success! I can't thank her enough :). Highly highly highly recommend!!!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Jill Andrews Gowns's reply:

Thank you very much! We loved working with you and it was wonderful to meet all of your family, too.

Chelsea · Married on 04/22/2017

I absolutely love this place! I went to Jill for my wedding dress alterations. My dress needed a lot of work, mainly with lace panels. It was very detailed and complicated work but they executed it perfectly. Every concern or worry I had was addressed promptly and I was immediately put at ease. The whole team always made me feel cared about and right at home. Every session was intimate and they took as much time as needed to address everything and get things done correctly (but gave themselves plenty of time to get the dress back to me before my wedding). I never felt worried about not getting the dress back on time, and they even cleaned and pressed it for me before my wedding! I was extremely impressed with their skill and by the end of my visits I felt as if I was part of their family. I really can't say enough good things about Jill and her team. If you're looking for the best, this is where to go!!

Sent on 05/12/2017

Jill Andrews Gowns's reply:

We loved working with you!!! Thank you so much!

Janet · Married on 12/21/2016

As an older bride, I was looking for something quite different and there was nothing in ready made that even came close. We were having a Christmas wedding and I wanted a piece of antique white fur incorporated into the neckline of the dress. And I wanted a hint of color. Working with Jill and Jennifer was awesome. They took my basic ideas and made them into a beautiful reality. This hidden gem of Baltimore is the find of the century! I'm just waiting to see them featured on Oprah and I can say I knew them before they became an international sensation...

Shannon · Married on 09/30/2016

Jill, Jennifer, Leitner, and everyone at Jill Andrews studio are amazing! I came in with an extremely intricate gown with only about 3 weeks time turnaround and they did magic! Not only were they helpful and super friendly throughout the entire process, but they listened to any concerns I had and made sure they were addressed in full. I had some feedback about the fit and emailed Jennifer, and with no hesitation, she immediately coordinated to meet with me after hours to make sure my dress fit perfectly. I could not have been happier with the final product - they are miracle workers.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Jill Andrews Gowns's reply:

You were lovely to work with!! Thank you so much!!

Kathleen · Married on 08/27/2016

I couldn't recommend Jill and her team highly enough. I reached out to Jill for a custom top and custom veil. What I received was high-quality craftsmanship, impeccable design, and prompt & friendly customer service. I spent way too much time searching for exactly what I wanted when Jill was able to create my vision flawlessly. You will not regret using her services! Thank you, Jill and co!

Lauren · Married on 08/05/2016

The ladies at Jill Andrews were a LIFE SAVER. I received my gown much later than promised. Most other places that I assessed for alterations turned me away or became extremely anxious about the timeline. The ladies at Jill Andrews just made it happen, and went above and beyond to add additional touches. They are pricey, but worth it because you can be sure they will get the job done and do it well. They also genuinely care about the work they do!

rachel · Married on 06/04/2016

A jem of Baltimore! Her studio is like a french boudoir, and her work - just as stunning.

I can't say enough for how wonderful Jill and her staff (Sarah and Leitner) are. I brought them a beautiful dress that was 3 sizes too big and they made it fit like a custom made gown. It was always a great experience going to my fittings. They helped to make me feel like the most beautiful girl in the world on our wedding day. Thank you!

Ciara · Married on 01/16/2016

Jill made my ensemble incredible and my time with her studio was a valuable experience as a bride (and someone who loves clothes)! From our first meeting to discuss what I wanted, I knew Jill just got it. Details I was hesitant to ask for, thinking they may be a challenge, were completed effortlessly. Jill made me an amazing, dramatic satin overcoat (I married in the winter), fixed my existing wedding gown just to my liking and fit, and even attached a piece to my hat so it would sit on my head just right.
    If I ever have an event again where I can wear something this regal, I'm heading straight back to Jill! She has the vision, technique, and professionalism that gave me everything I wanted. And I had fun the entire time. Thank you, Jill!

• Serena

Serena · Married on 05/16/2015

I contacted Jill after my wedding gown was badly damaged by another local seamstress. From the beginning, she was friendly, knowledgeable, and very professional. (As was Mia, Jill's assistant.) Their studio looks like something out of a movie or a fairy tale, full of beautiful fabric, dress forms modeling Jill's fantastic creations, mirrors, antique furniture (to match their wonderful historic building), and about a million sewing machines.

Jill was very reassuring about repairing my dress, which was especially important to me since I'd had such a bad experience previously. I never doubted her capabilities, and was continually impressed with how meticulous she was, catching details that even I had overlooked. She treated my silk dress very gently, and did her best to undo the damage that had been done. She asked lots of questions and took notes during the initial consultation, and took even more measurements and notes at our second appointment.

By the third appointment, the dress was nearly complete and everything had been done beautifully! She only had another hour of work left on it, so offered to drop it off at my home when it was finished. Above and beyond!

The quality of Jill's work is amazing. She took the back of my dress, which was cut up and fraying, and put in a gorgeous corset back. She even reinforced the seams to be extra sure everything would lace evenly and hold up under stress. Jill also removed yards of unevenly sewn tulle--which I'm sure took a very gentle touch--and replaced it with properly gathered and sewn tulle. When she was done, my dress looked even better than when I'd bought it.

So basically, whether you've got a damaged dress, a vintage dress in need of alterations, or an imaginary dress you've been dreaming of your whole life, Jill's your gal! Jill saved my wedding dress when I'd given up hope on it, and I am so thankful that she was a part of one of the most important days of my life.

Danielle · Married on 05/02/2015

My Jill Andrews wedding gown was probably the most complimented aspect of our entire wedding, and for good reason. I live close to the studio, so when I got engaged, I knew I'd want to stop in. I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to afford a custom gown, but I thought I'd look into it anyway. I am soooo glad I did. I had been dress shopping in a few other boutiques. The dresses were pretty, but none made me feel special in any way. I didn't need to cry and know instantly that I had found THE dress, but I did want to feel good. The minute I stepped in to JAG studios, I knew I had come to the right place. It's so adorable inside, and Mia and Jill are so kind. And they really know what they're doing. I ended up trying on pieces of the Studio line. When I got to the Iron Heart top and 16 Tons skirt, I couldn't stop smiling. I didn't want to take the dress off. I just kept twirling and laughing. The dress was beautiful, and it made me feel like a princess and a rock star all at the same time. They also have an incredible selection of gorgeous accessories to choose from. I wanted the dress in pink, and Jill was happy to make that happen. I didn't think I could feel any more wonderful than I did when I first tried the dress on, but I was wrong. When I went to try on MY dress, in the fabric I chose made to my measurements, I was elated. It was more perfect than I could have ever imagined. On the day of my wedding, I had so much fun just wearing the dress. It was comfortable and light despite the amount of fabric. I was able to dance for the entire night without being uncomfortable or hot. It made me feel more beautiful and fabulous than a clothing item has ever made me feel. And once again, I didn't want to take it off. I had that dress on until the early morning hours. And bonus, since it's in two pieces, I can keep wearing the bodice out and about. I'll probably put the skirt on whenever I get the opportunity as well. I just want to keep wearing it always.

Ellie · Married on 04/18/2015

Jill made a lace ballgown for my spring wedding. The dress was absolutely flawless. Her workmanship is spectacular. She worked with me to realize every detail. She hand picked the lace from France. I love Kate Middleton and she found the exact lace from her dress.

As the dress was couture it was custom made to my figure and incredibly flattering! Her corsets are amazing We had several fittings so that she could get everything perfect. It could not have fit better. We even added one the week before the wedding to take it in.

As much as I loved the dress I also loved spending time with Jill. Her studio is every girl's dream! I will be sad not seeing her as much. You can tell how much she loves her dresses and what she does. I trusted her implicitly throughout the process. I cannot recommend her enough!

The expense is nothing compared to the craftsmanship you are receiving and the one on one and unlimited fittings. I love Jill Andrews!

Kelly · Married on 04/18/2015

I was referred to Jill by my wedding planner because I wanted something special and unique for my wedding dress and what I got was literally a dream come true! Jill is a truly talented artist and the dress she made for me is an absolute work of art! She brought my visions and ideas to life with her skill and creativity and, working with her was such a pleasure. She and Mia are such great people, my mother and I really enjoyed our time with them. I really feel honored to have met Jill (and Mia) and to have had such a one-of-kind masterpiece for my wedding day!

Blair · Married on 04/11/2015

Where do I even begin?! My experience with Jill Andrews was really a dream come true.
    I had searched for quite some time for the dress, but could not find exactly what I was looking for. I met with Jill, showed her a few photos, and felt she immediately understood me. She and Mia patiently helped me find the right fabric, and allowed me to come in for several meetings to try out different options. The finished product was incredible, unique, and exactly what I asked for. Jill captured the mix of Hollywood glam and 1930s style that I had envisioned. She had every detail covered, down to the undergarments. Such a pro. She even altered my mother's veil and whipped up a pair of earrings at my request just days before the wedding!
    Most importantly, and something that no amount of money can buy, is the peace of mind I felt throughout the process. I knew I was in good hands, and that kind of confidence is priceless during all of the stress of planning a wedding. Jill and Mia were prompt with their communication, and while I know they have hundreds of other clients, I always felt like I was the only one. I loved my studio visits and already am missing them!
    Thank you for sharing your talent and beautiful art with me Jill!

I brought in a dress that I found at Savers (thrift store) for $30. The material was beautiful, but it fit me like a potato sack. Jill and her team deconstructed the dress and gave me, essentially, a custom gown made for my body. Everybody loved the dress (as did I!). I was on a tight timeline and, for a reasonable fee, they rushed the work and had it completed for me, and perfect for me, in plenty of time.

Hannah · Married on 12/28/2014

Jill and Mia are AMAZING! They listened to everything I described and created an amazing outfit (Dress, Jacket, Vail and all!). I got tons of compliments about how unique my dress was! The studio is super fun and unlike anywhere i have ever been. Jill and Mia are amazing artists who will make you feel amazing on your wedding day. And they are fun and funny to boot!

Lidia · Married on 10/12/2014

After spending several months searching for a fashionable dress for my daughter's wedding, I finally called Jill Andrew (which I should have done in the first place). I had admired Jill's unique gowns from afar, usually from my car as I drove by her salon. I can't begin to express my delight and satisfaction with the gown Jill created for me. Jill's gown fit me like a glove; it made me look elegant, and I was the best looking mother of the bride! I received so many compliments. I have worn my fuchsia gown several times after the wedding and I feel beautiful and elegant. From sharing my vision of the dress I was look for; to the selection of the fabric and to the final fitting; the process was an enjoyable experience. Jill and Mia you are the best.

Jen · Married on 05/17/2014

This experience was the best part of the wedding planning! A creative and custom process that made you feel like a million bucks and have a one of a kind, made in your dreams, perfect fit dress on your special day! The team and locale could not have been more professional and beautiful! They all love what they do and who they work with!

Katie · Married on 02/15/2014

The team at Jill Andrews was incredible! I worked with them to alter my wedding dress and it turned out beautifully. I bought my dress off the rack and it was about 4 sizes too big. They had to do a lot of work to reconstruct the top of the dress and the end result was perfect. They are a fun, creative bunch and it's nice to be around people who care so much about their craft. Definitely recommend working with them. Thanks Bailey, Elisabeth and Jill!

Stephanie · Married on 10/12/2013

I can't tell you what an amazing experience Jill Andrews Gowns provided for me! I had a vision of what my dream wedding dress was, and the outcome was even better! I didn't have the budget to get a 'fully' custom dress, though I had something pretty specific in mind. So I brought Jill a dress that I bought- from a standard bridal shop- to see if she could turn it into what I had envisioned. Jill and her team not only re-did the bodice of the dress to be exactly what I'd hoped for, they added beautiful details to tie the whole piece together! They were also extremely flexible, which is so helpful to a bride! I work in DC, so they'd stay open later than usual for my fittings and the pick up! All in all -awesome experience!!

Vanessa · Married on 08/04/2013

Working with Jill Andrews was a delight! She worked miracles with my dress -- I bought a sample that was a size eight and she brought it down to about a size 0. Not only did it fit perfectly, but all the details were kept to scale, which made all the difference. I am so glad that Baltimore has such a fantastic professional atelier in town. I was right to trust her with my Carolina Herrera dress. Highly recommend.