[JG] Judy + Gavin Reviews

78 Reviews for [JG] Judy + Gavin

1 User photo

[JG] Judy + Gavin 1

Angela · Getting married on 06/02/2019

UPDATE: it's been a month since our wedding and we already got our pictures and our DVD is on the way!!! the pictures are beautiful, all more than 800 of them!!! I don't know of any other photographers that work THIS fast and efficient! WORK WITH THEM, YOU WON'T REGRET IT!

Judy and Gavin were the BEST decision we made for our wedding! We were so lucky to have found them. From the very first moment Judy and I chatted on the phone, I just knew that they were going to be our photographer/videographer! We clicked and talked for more than an hour like old friends. Due to our busy schedule, Judy and Gavin accommodated us and drove all the way down to SD for our engagement photo session, which turned out amazing! Our friends and family could not stop complimenting on how beautiful the pictures turned out and how good they made me look :)

Our wedding was multi-cultural and up to the very last minutes, there were changes (not from my end but from the parental end) that would make me cry if it was not for Judy who talked me through the stress and helped come up with a timeline that would allow all of our traditions (my hubby is Indian and I'm vietnamese) to be carried out while allowing plenty of time of our pictures.

The day of was as smooth as one can imagine. Since the groomsmen and my then-fiance were getting ready at a different hotel while I and the girls were getting ready at my mom's house, Gavin and Judy split their times and were able to take pictures of all of us in the prep stage. they worked soooo hard throughout the day to make sure that every important moment was captured yet they were not invasive. Judy, Gavin and Judy's brother, Steven, were like ninjas. Our ceremony was at a Catholic church and the church was very strict on photography. Yet, without us knowing, they were able to take many beautiful pictures without being in our faces or bothering the priest.
    They stayed late into the night for even more pictures. It must have been a 12-hour day for all three and there was always a smile on everyone's faces.
    The way Judy and Gavin worked on our wedding day really shows us how much they love what they do, how much they love sharing their clients' most special day, how well they do their job and how professional they truly are (there was absolutely no drinking on their part during the entire time!).

On top of all that, they were definitely reasonably priced! Trust me, i did plenty of research, met with quite a few photog/videographers before I met them. they will go that extra mile for you to make sure your day goes as smoothly as possible and your pictures are as precious and unique as you and your future hubby are :)

Melissa · Married on 11/11/2018

The best of the best

Judy + Gavin did a wonderful job on our wedding photos and video. I would like to present my review in three parts: before (the wedding), during, and after.

Before: During our initial consultation, it became clear to us that Gavin was truly passionate about his craft. He took time to ask us questions about ourselves and our preferences. Importantly, we were able to tell from that first video call that Gavin's chill, but excitable personality would help set us at ease on the big day.

During: The whole team was great on the day of. Even when things got somewhat stressful during family portraits, Gavin and team powered through and remained calm, cool, and collected. As we predicted, they were just the kind of people we wanted to have around us the entire day.

After: Gavin and Judy delivered an exceptional product to us via the pictures and the video. Even more important than capturing the beautiful moments from our wedding, they truly captured the spirit of our wedding and we relive the joy of the day all over again every time we look and pictures and watch the video. We've gotten so many compliments from friends and family.

We can't recommend Judy + Gavin even more highly.

[JG] Judy + Gavin 2

Rebecca and Jason · Married on 08/18/2017

Judy and Gavin are absolutely incredible!! We had come across a few of their photos on Pinterest and noticed the JG watermark on the photos which helped us find out who these incredible photographers were. Their photos are very unique and play off light which makes them stand out. We had emailed them and they got back to us immediately. Not only were they extremely responsive, they were very patient and kind as well. My soon to be husband is a firefighter who works days at a time. It just so happened that during the time of our inquiry with JG Photography he was picking up a lot of over time so it took a while for us to get back to them. They were extremely patient and pleasant to work with even before we had booked them!

A few of the photos I had come across from them I had informed them I was hoping to get done for our shoot, they were extremely honest and let us know that unfortunately some of the locations were on private property and they could not guarantee the photos would be possible. They let us know that we would definitely try to get them but wanted to let us know it may not be possible, I very much appreciated it and still loved their work and were lucky enough to have them do our engagement photos (we ended up getting the photos as well!). The day we booked our photos, it was going to rain, Judy and Gavin were very flexible with us and let us decided whether or not we wanted to shoot in the rain or reschedule but they advised it would be better to reschedule due to it creating colder conditions that may make us look uncomfortable in the photos. (we took their advice and rescheduled and couldn't be happier - it was a gorgeous day without rain)

Judy and Gavin were extremely friendly, professional, fun, and polite. They take their time and wait for the perfect shot, and when I say perfect, I do mean perfect! They captured all our wants and more! Thank you both very much! So long as their up for it, we will definitely be using them in the future! :)

Priscilla · Married on 07/01/2017

We were lucky enough to have the amazingly talented team of Judy & Gavin do our engagement photos, our wedding photos & wedding video! We chose them because they are relaxed but hard working. The quality of their work shows in their photos & video footage. I really liked that they do not pressure you to purchase photos or extras in their photo packages. They are so fun to work with & we are so happy with our photos that we can't stop looking at them. Every time I go through our wedding photos I find new captured moments. Our friends tell us that our engagement photos are some of the best they have seen! They make you feel so comfortable during photos that our engagement session felt like a fun date night for us versus a serious photo session! I feel like they captured our personalities perfectly. Our wedding photos are truly a photo documentary of the evening & we will cherish the memories captured for our entire lifetime! Our wedding video captured our highlight moments of the day & we were so impressed with the song choices that we have watched it numerous times! I'm so glad we chose the video option because we can share it with friends & family to relive the special day. I'm hoping we find excuses to use them in the future!

• Ruthie

Ruthie · Married on 12/03/2016

And the absolutely best professional photography team goes to Judy and Gavin photography!! 10 stars!!

Words are not enough to express our gratitude to this amazing couple. They worked with us with patiently. My husband and I are very relieved to have them photograph our wedding. We had the honor of taking photos at our Cambodian Ceremony and Traditional Wedding the following day.

We hired Gavin + his assistant as part of our wedding package. Judy was amazing at promptly replying to our email and answered any questions we had thoroughly.

Our Cambodian Ceremony was at parents house and our beautiful wedding, 12/2016, was at the Cerritos Center for the Performing Arts. Both of which Gavin arrived on-time ready to take photos. He engaged with us very well. Even after the events were over, many that attended had mentioned how much they enjoy getting their photos taken from Gavin!

My husband and I knew we made the best decision ever. He knew how to capture candids, intimate moments, and most importantly memorable shots. Shots that I didn't know if he got that were important, he was able to pull off more than what we even expected.

Gavin sent us the photos at good timing, too. The photos truly made us feel like we were happily there again. We can't stop looking at our brilliant and creative photos. The quality of our photos turned out breathtaking. You can tell that Gavin has long years of experience and it shows his talented skill.

They were very professional and organized! After having them be a part of our wedding, my husband and I will definitely keep them in mind for referrals and future events!

Thank you Judy and Gavin!! These photos will be in our lives forever and we can't wait to proudly share our wedding story with these beautiful photos to our loved ones.

If you are a bride/groom looking for a photographer, don't look anywhere else. After interviewing with many other photographers, go with your gut. They were always our #1 choice.

John · Married on 07/23/2016

Judy and Gavin were nothing short of AMAZING! They helped us find the best locations and the best shots, poses, and lighting in all environments. They were very accomodating and easy to work with... it was just like hanging out with long time buddies from the start. The music video they made of the wedding is the most spectacular way to remember our wedding forever.

• Ariane

Ariane · Married on 07/15/2016

Judy and Gavin are awesome! We booked them for our July 2016 wedding after initially booking a different photographer for our big day. After we had our engagement session with the different photographer, we realized the quality of the photos and the professionalism of the photographers did not meet our expectations for what we wanted on our big day. Judy and Gavin did photo/video at my brother-in-law's wedding the year before ours. Since my husband and I were in the bridal party at that wedding, we were able to see Judy and Gavin and their team in action on their wedding day. The difference was night and day. Judy and Gavin are super personable and professional and made this aspect of wedding planning very low stress. They were able to redo our engagement session on relative short notice - this was around the time when Judy was about 8 months pregnant and wasn't working extensively in preparation for their baby, yet she still insisted on joining us through UCLA and Downtown LA to make sure everything turned out perfectly (which it did!). At the engagement session we realized how professionals work - efficiently and creatively, while making us feel comfortable. Back then we already knew we made the right choice to switch over. However, on our wedding day they solidified that feeling. Weddings are very stressful but they made sure everything on our wedding day went smoothly. We had a large bridal party of 22 people and my husband and I both have large families, but Judy was able to help plan the day's timeline and most importantly she was very vocal in executing it. They were personable with our wedding party and made sure to direct people as needed. We were able to get all of the footage we wanted and it all turned out great!

Judy and Gavin will go to great lengths to capture the perfect picture. Weather from lying down on the floor, kneeling down on both knees, Judy and Gavin will do just about anything to get the perfect angle. Their photography and editing skills are outstanding. After our engagement shoot, my husband and I were confident they would do a great job during the day of the wedding. We were actually surprised how good the pictures came through. There is no doubt in our minds that Judy and Gavin will provide amazing quality shots. They will make anything, any scene, and any prop look amazing.

Joe · Married on 09/07/2015

They are an amazing group of passionate photographers and compassionate people. Very professional yet warm. Their photos are classic and creative. We would highly recommend J+G for any bride and groom.

The best Husband and wife team out there...VERY professional and BEAUTIFUL pictures.

Judy and Gavin captured our wedding day more perfectly than we ever could have imagined. Having to select a photographer across state lines, the only thing we could rely on in making our decision was their website, our conversations over the phone, and their professionalism and responsiveness. I am happy to say that Judy and Gavin Photography more than exceeded our expectations. They are incredibly talented, accommodating, professional, helpful, responsive, friendly, and funny. Once we met them in person, they quickly confirmed we made the right choice in selecting them to be our wedding photographers. They are so easy to work with and made us both feel very comfortable throughout the entire day! In fact, we actually had FUN taking our pictures!

We requested photos in Santa Monica and also Downtown Los Angeles. Not only did they happily oblige our request, but they are very familiar with both areas and knew all of the perfect spots for amazing photos. They have such a great eye for beautiful shots! We love that our photos do not look staged, fake, or cliché. They photographed such lovely images that truly capture the beauty of our surroundings and the excitement and romance of our wedding day. Both Judy and Gavin are completely dedicated to getting the perfect picture – even lying down on the dirty streets of L.A. and wading into the ocean and fountain to get the right angle and shot!

We are elated with the photos and everyone that has seen our pictures tell us how beautiful they are and what amazing photographers we had! We concur!

Judy and Gavin’s kindness, patience, professionalism, skill, and artistic eye are all deeply appreciated as the photo memories of our wedding day will be treasured forever. Thank you SO much Judy and Gavin for doing such wonderful things with our cherished day and for creating such great photographic memories! We appreciate you!

Jill · Married on 08/30/2014

We have had the absolute pleasure and honour of having Judy and Gavin shoot both our engagement and wedding photos. Their enthusiasm coupled with their expertise made them an obvious choice for us. Our photos are flawless and they captured us exactly as a couple. We love every photo of us! Thank you for capturing some great memories of us!

Kristin · Married on 08/16/2014

These two wonderful human beings were our photographers for our wedding last August. My husband and I found them here online and fell in LOVE with their photos. We met them and knew that they were the perfect fit. They are laid back (but can crack the whip if needed), HILARIOUS, generous, and obviously extremely talented. In their presence I always felt beautiful, encouraged and truly like their friend. For a bride that is stressed about all the little things that a wedding brings, it was so amazing to have two awesome people around.

During our wedding these two became apart of the family, and still to this day (almost a year later), every one of my family members asks how they are doing and/or still compliment our photos (my mom says hi J+G). Our pictures turned out phenomenal. I wish I could continue to rave about them and their amazingly perfect photos, but just know that if you choose them as your photographers not only will you walk away with two more friends, you will have thousands of clips and moments from your big day that are literally priceless.

Teddy · Married on 06/21/2014

I can not say enough great things about the Judy and Gavin team. Even our guests commented on how well organized they are. We booked them at the beginning of our engagement and because it was such a long engagement, they ended up shooting two of our friends wedding before they got to shoot ours. In all instances our friends gave raving reviews for Judy and Gavin, we were already sure that they would be great but hearing and seeing them in action made us feel even better about our choice. We interviewed a few photographers before them, but once we met them, we knew they were it and didn't bother to speak with anyone else. The biggest thing for us was seeing how well we clicked with our photographers and we knew right from the beginning they are very down to earth and their work speaks for themselves.

They make you feel very comfortable and relaxed in front of the camera. They are very easy to get along with and fun to work with. Not only are they great to work with, they come equipped with all the proper gear to deal with any lighting situation as well as backup equipment.

One thing I noticed from about them is when looking back at the pictures, they capture all the moments of the wedding however you never notice a lens in your face. It is amazing how they are always at the right place and right time, but are never up in your face so you can enjoy the moment.

Cassie · Married on 04/27/2014

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Judy and Gavin we feel in love with their photography style and passion, not only are they truly amazing at what they do but They were a pleasure to work with. They exceeded my expectations and I could would recommend them to anyone and it was well worth every penny!!!!! And I can't wait for them to shoot our next event one day.

• O

inge · Married on 04/26/2014

People said when you plan a wedding, you have to prioritize and see which of the wedding component is most important to you; for me, photography is on the top of the list. Naturally, we searched and interviewed many photographers for our wedding. We came across Judy and Gavin photographer through our friend and the rest is history.

When we first met them for the initial consultation, we clicked right away. We clicked because both them and us love food. As people said, food what binds people most of the time. We also clicked because their photography style is exactly what we look for.... We love the way the pictures came out vibrantly, colorful and clear.

Prior the wedding, we did an engagement picture with them as well to familiarized each other style and we had fun. Judy and Gavin are one awesome photographers. When you first saw Judy, you will see a sweet lady but, during the action you really don't want to mess with her as she is a ball of fire (and you want her to be that way... Don't you know how crazy a wedding can be?) and Gavin is laid back one who will joke and calm your nerves down.

A couple weeks ago, Judy delivered the pictures of the wedding and all of them were amazing and we can't asked for better results. We also booked Gavin for the videography portion of it and we can't be any happier with it.

Thank you Judy and Gavin!

Joe · Married on 11/30/2013

Out of all the vendors we used for our wedding, we will that Judy and Gavin Photography was the best money spent for the event! Me and my wife loved all the pictures that they took of us for the wedding. Both of them help us be very comfortable in front of the cameras for the group shots and just let us be in our moments for the wedding.

Thank you for all the wonderful pictures from the wedding!

Brittany · Married on 11/16/2013

Judy Tran is truly an amazing photographer. My husband and I met her and fell in love with her work when she did my sister's wedding in September of 2011. When we got engaged I still browsed trying to find someone better... but it's impossible! We ended up booking Judy to do our engagement photos and our wedding photos. Not only are her and husband Gavin amazing artists.... they truly become your friends. They make you feel so comfortable and at ease which makes for even better pictures.
    Judy is such a doll and will do whatever to take to make her clients happy... it happened to rain on my wedding day, but she had no problem taking her equipment (which should not get wet) out into the rain for an extra couple of hours to get the pictures my husband and I wanted!!! Herself and her brother (assistant photographer at the wedding) were completely drenched and freezing but they captured amazing photos from the couple of sneak peaks we have seen so far.
    I would truly recommend her to anyone who wants a professional photographer who is easy to work with, will go above and beyond to make her clients happy, and that truly captures the happiness of your most important days. I can honestly not find one negative thing to say about Judy, Gavin, or her brother. They are outstanding!!!

Kristal · Married on 11/12/2013

OK, first of all, their website speaks for itself. The photos that Judy and Gavin take are completely and utterly breathtaking. From the moment I stubbled upon it, I knew they were the ones! They were super easy to get in contact with and quick to answer emails, texts, and phone calls throughout our entire wedding process. They were flexible with dates and times for our engagement session (which I highly recommend doing) and super friendly and informative with location suggestions, etc. We met them for coffee before we hired them to get a feel for their personalities, to see their portfolio, and to go over pricing. I really like how they have pricing on their site so that you go into the meeting with no surprises. Hiring Judy and Gavin was one of the best wedding decisions we made! We had a very small wedding, and they were able to capture the love and joy we experienced that day so that we are not only able to cherish the memories, but also share the photos and the MOST AMAZING video with everyone who was not there. I haven't printed any of the photos yet, but I cannot wait to hang them on our walls. Oh, and my husband thinks I'm crazy because I have literally watched our wedding video 300 times...and we just got it a few days ago! Thank you Judy and Gavin for bringing your fun personalities and stellar expertise to our wedding. Your work is magical and we couldn't have asked for a better duo than the two of you. Thanks again, Kristal and Dan

Kyle · Married on 10/26/2013

Luckily, my fiancé (at the time) and I stumbled upon Judy and Gavin’s website. Right away, we were blown away by how creative their work was. Every picture had so much detail, yet still subtle enough to express the love each couple shares for one another. The artistic angles they capture almost seem unreal and so unique. We decided to contact them immediately and once my fiancé talked to Judy they connected right away and talked on the phone like they knew one another for years. Judy was so sincere and was so excited for us.

Once reviewing their portfolio, we had no doubt that they were going to produce beautiful pictures that we would cherish for years. Not only were they professional, they seemed like old friends of ours. During our engagement session, Judy and Gavin made us feel so comfortable. They would crack jokes to make us loosen up and constantly gave feedback to one another in order to make sure our pictures would turn out great.

The pictures from our engagement session and wedding day are too good to be true. We cannot count the number of people who commented on how beautiful our pictures turned out. During the wedding, Judy and Gavin were so structured and organized but came across as calm and relaxed. Seeing their faces on our wedding day brought so much comfort, knowing they were going to capture the most important day of our lives. They worked so hard and so many guests were so impressed with their work ethic.

It is obvious my wife and I recommend Judy and Gavin. Not only were they responsive and organized, they kept in contact throughout our planning and often gave us advice on other things besides their profession. We cannot express how happy we are with our photos and video. Thanks again Judy and Gavin for the quality work, but most importantly thanks for becoming such special friends.

Diolisa · Married on 09/28/2013

Judy and Gavin Photography provided the photography and videography for our wedding and we would recommend them to EVERYONE! So far we have only seen a few teasers from our day, but the 50 photos we have seen have been BREAKTHTAKING! So much color and life and LOVE are seeping out of these photos! They captured exactly what we had hoped for and so much more. We are so excited to receive the final product because we know that we will be able to truly relive our special day through the photos and video. They are wonderful people and so fun to work with!
    Since we live in Chicago but got married in California, our first encounter with them was through their blog and site. The photos were full of life and color and their video clips had so much emotion in them. When it came to our phone interview we clicked with both Judy and Gavin instantly! They were both so warm and easy to talk to. We discussed photography and video details in the beginning and ended up just chatting like old friends! We knew right away that they were the one for us! We didn't actually get to meet them until the day of the wedding and it was instantly a great time! They were professional, yet kept you at ease! They had a team with them that they kept in constant communication with so not to miss any crucial photos moments for both me and my groom. They have a great eye for what looks good on the camera, and you can tell by the way they direct you.
    My family can at times be chaotic, they did a great job keeping everyone on point and on schedule when it came to formal photos in the church. At the park, they kept us on schedule as well but we all had such a fun time...every second! At the reception they were in such great communication with each other that if something was happening in one corner they would be there to snap it and then be off to the next "happening" thing.
    Their work ethic is amazing and I know any bride or groom that works with them will not be disappointed with their work!

KenShiela · Married on 09/07/2013

Shiela and I enjoyed working with Judy and Gavin. They are a fantastic combo and they work very well together. Judy has an eye in photography while Gavin is an expert with lighting. We've seen them in action and we were very amazed with their talent! They are also very down to earth photographers and very pleasant to work with. They are almost like family in a way.

We also received many positive comments from our guests about their service and professionalism. They really loved how the photos turned out! Shiela and I are very grateful to have hired Judy and Gavin as our Wedding Photographers. They know how to coordinate and position the shots. Their instructions to us were very easy to follow. It's pretty straight forward.

They were referred to us by Shiela's cousin who they also hired Judy and Gavin as their wedding photographer 2-3 years ago. Its the best choice Shiela and I made!

In addition to their wonderful service, they also did a same-day-photo edit of a few photos and displayed a slideshow at our reception. That was very amazing!

Overall, they are the best wedding photographers! From the start of our planning phase all the way to post photo editing, the time frame to get the photos ready have met our expectations. They are very energetic and enthusiastic! May I say they also have a good sense of humor :)

Jabra · Married on 08/24/2013

Judy and Gavin were awesome. My wife and I loved there work and how professional they are. I would recommend them to all of my family and friends. When we have kids we will be calling them again for family photos. They made us feel comfortable and made sure we got the pictures we needed and stayed with in the time frame we had. just wonderful people and great product.

Amisha · Married on 08/17/2013

We love Judy and Gavin. We first met Judy as we were deciding if we wanted one photographer or two. We fell in love with their unique camera angles and their ability to bring out so much color in their photographs. I had seen an album they had done with an ethnic wedding and loved it. It helped for us that they were familiar with our venue and knew some great areas to get some good shots. After seeing their work we knew they were the team for us. We secured them both and glad we did.

Our experiences was amazing too, they were very flexible and down to earth. I didn't feel any pressure to bring my own agenda for pictures. I like that they have great ideas for shots and are definitely open and willing to get the photographs you want too.

Judy and Gavin did both our engagement session and wedding day and we couldn't be happier with the pictures. They truly captured the most important moments of the day; even the ones we didn't get to see.

Thank you so much Judy and Gavin for sharing in our special day! :)

Juli · Married on 07/05/2013

We fell in love with Judy and Gavin from our very first meeting - and found so much to talk with them about that we almost missed our next appointment! Not only is their online gallery one of the best we've seen, but they are the most fun, professional and creative couple that we have ever worked with. We were so impressed with their work that we hired them for 2 engagement sessions (one at Disneyland and one in Downtown LA), our wedding photography and wedding videography. At every photography session, we could tell how passionate and excited they are about their work - always wanting to get one last shot in the perfect location with the perfect lighting. While many photographers have a strict hourly limit to their engagement or wedding packages, Judy & Gavin basically shot until they felt they had captured everything we could possibly want. After their scheduled ending time at the wedding had passed, they noticed that people were still dancing and unpacked their equipment to make sure they got everything captured from our big day. Being a married couple, Judy and Gavin work together seamlessly - backing each other up, giving each other ideas, and feeding off of each other's creative energy. On the day of the wedding, they also brought 2 assistants so that they could move around quickly and cover important moments from multiple angles. We absolutely love our finished product - and so do all of our friends and family that we show our photos and wedding video to. They gave us all of the high resolution touched up photos and raw video (as well as an edited 6 minute video) so we can print the photos wherever we want to. Some photographers require you to order prints through them or have them edit your wedding album - and while Judy and Gavin offer that at a competitive rate, they also let you do it on your own. We absolutely plan to keep in touch with Judy & Gavin, and hope to hire them again someday when we want family portraits or other important moments captured.