Jessica Style Hair and Makeup Design Reviews

15 Reviews for Jessica Style Hair and Makeup Design

• Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 09/28/2019

Loved my hair and her!

Being a bridal hairstylist myself, I had some expectations when hiring someone on the island to do my hair for my wedding. Personally, I know how it is to have a client that is in the same field as you are-its quiet intimidating sometimes. Jessica met me a few days before my wedding for my trial run where we tried on a hair style that I loved but we ended up doing something a little different the day of which ended up being a million times better than i could've ever expected! I personally never do anything to my hair myself, the most I would do would just put it in some loose beach waves so seeing myself with my hair actually done was a little intimidating for me because I just never see myself with my hair all super done up. My hair turned out beautiful and I wouldn't have changed a thing about it! The day of the wedding was VERY humid and my hair lasted the whole night! Thank you jessica!

Sent on 10/04/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor Smith · Married on 03/20/2019

Couldn't have been better!

I found Jessica's profile on Instagram while searching for a Honolulu-based hair-stylist for my elopement. Because I booked Jessica from Florida, I was unable to meet her or schedule a preview, so I was a little nervous. Jessica showed up on time the morning of my wedding, was professional, warm, friendly, and a great listener. Instead of showing her images of hair styles I liked, I described the overall "look" I was going for and gave her creative freedom with my hair. I LOVED WHAT SHE DID! I could not have been happier with the style she created - it was exactly what I was wanting, but couldn't find pictures of. She absolutely nailed it - without any visuals! I was blown away. Of all the vendors I booked for our wedding day, I was happiest with her. She was so encouraging, pleasant to work with, and worth every penny. I HIGHLY recommend her!

Sent on 05/11/2019

Gabi · Married on 09/25/2015

Jessica did an amazing job on my hair and makeup!

Sent on 12/13/2015
  • Jordyn

Jordyn · Married on 09/12/2015

I’m so glad I found Jessica to be the hair stylist for my wedding. We started out with a trial and bang trim. My bangs were totally wrong after a series of bad hair experiences, but she listened and got them back on the road to recovery. I booked with her for my wedding that day! Over the next few months she helped me get my bangs fixed again, and they were perfect for my wedding day.

It took two trial appointments to find the perfect style for the wedding, but she gave me exactly what I wanted and made an even more beautiful version at my wedding. She brought an assistant to do hair for the eight people in my party, and even though she arrived late because of a parade, we ended everyone’s hair an hour earlier than planned. Every woman in the party was very pleased with her hair, and each updo looked so beautiful.

On top of that, she’s beautiful and precious, and I always look forward to our appointments. Now she is my go-to hair stylist. She is so personable, funny and kind. I fully recommend her and her team, for your wedding and as your regular stylist.

Sent on 09/14/2015

Amber · Married on 09/20/2014

Jessica was amazing to work with, and I highly recommend her! I'm picky when it comes to my hair and makeup, and she perfectly captured my vision. I felt beautiful and glamorous all day. I wish she could do my hair and makeup every day!

Sent on 05/01/2015

Melissa · Married on 10/19/2013

Jessica and her team are fantastic! Jessica and another stylist traveled to Santa Fe to do hair for me, my mom, and my bridesmaids, as well as makeup for my mom and I. She and her stylist were very professional, open to implementing changes or anything as asked as they went along, ultimately providing us with absolutely gorgeous hair and makeup that lasted throughout the night. Jessica was a pleasure to work with throughout the process, including the initial bridal hair and makeup trial, where she showed me different options and implemented tweaks as I asked. On the day of my wedding, she provided me with hair and makeup that fit me, my personality, and my vintage wedding style perfectly - it was as if she had pulled straight from my head the look I wanted. I felt beautiful, my bridesmaids and mom looked amazing, and I highly recommend Jessica and her team to any bride, or for any event for that matter.

Sent on 10/30/2013

Andrea · Married on 04/27/2013

Jessica and her team were fantastic to work with. They traveled to my ceremony site to do hair and makeup for me, my 6 bridesmaids, two moms and a flower girl. Jessica was able to bring out the best in every woman and even took time to improve upon what we had done in my trail appointment to ensure that my look was absolutely flawless. They managed their time well and made sure we were on schedule. They were very professional, friendly and talented. I highly recommend Jessica and her team for your event. I could not have been happier with my experience.

Sent on 05/23/2013

Maria · Married on 02/17/2013

Jessica is a talented professional who has an incredible ability to make you feel like you are her most important and valuable client. I knew she was the right person to do my hair and makeup the second I walked into her warm and inviting salon for my trial. Jessica asked me questions to get to know my personality and listened intently as I described my vision for my bridal look. She then took that vision and made it a thousand times better! She is reliable and extremely professional, and was very responsive to my questions by phone and email. I was impressed that she personally reached out to my photographers to coordinate the timing of my hair and makeup on the day of the wedding so that they could swoop in and start taking photos as she was putting the finishing touches on my makeup and hair. Her assistant, who worked on my mother and maid of honor, was equally amazing. Jessica arrived to the venue exactly when she said she would, and truly helped to make the hours before the ceremony enjoyable and calm. I would recommend her to anyone, for any occasion!

Sent on 03/03/2013

Aubrey · Married on 10/13/2012

Jessica was amazing to work with! I live in Dallas so was nervous about finding a good hair and make up artist. I wanted someone that was current and up to date on styles, professional, responsive since I was communicating out of state, and reassuring through the process. She exceeded all expectations and I couldn't have been happier with the result. Me and my girls all had hair and make up done and it turned out great! Jessica was on time with her assistant and was done on time for the photographer. If you are looking for someone in the Albuquerque or Santa Fe area, I definitely recommend Jessica!

Sent on 11/14/2012

tracy · Married on 09/30/2012

Jessica did both hair and makeup for my New Mexico destination wedding. My mom, Maid of Honor, and I had a blast spending the afternoon with her and we were all thrilled with the job she did. Both at the trial and at the wedding she really listened to what I wanted and balanced perfectly translating my ideas & making helpful suggestions that I know made me look even more fabulous. Both hair & makeup looked fabulous both in person and in our photographs.

From our first email communications to the final touch up at my wedding, Jessica totally exceeded my expectations. She was so easy to work with and extremely professional which was not the case for all of my wedding vendors. I feel so lucky to have had Jessica as part of my wedding!

Sent on 12/09/2012

Leia · Married on 05/29/2011

Jessica did my hair and makeup for my wedding. We did a trial run at her salon in Albuquerque, and she traveled to my hotel in Santa Fe for the actual wedding. She did a fantastic job. My hair is very fine and thin and it's hard to get it to stay put or hold a curl - when she did it it lasted the whole night though! She's easy to work with, and gave me exactly the style I wanted.

Sent on 06/21/2011
  • F

Francesca · Married on 08/11/2012

Jessica provided beautiful hair and make-up services for my wedding. Having a practice ahead of time made a real difference so that I could feel totally relaxed on the day. Jessica worked with me to create my desired romantic look with just the right amount of poof, curl, eye liner, and foundation. She asked poignant questions to gain an understanding of exactly what I was looking for, and worked hard until everything was perfect. The other stylist that Jessica brought with her on the day, Amy, was also amazing. She was able to bring to life several bridesmaids hair styles from pictures, and also did a simple blowout for my mother at her request. Not all of my bridesmaids had requested to have their hair done professionally, but at the last minute we had some trouble with their hair. Jessica jumped in to help, even though it wasn't a part of my package. She did an excellent job at creating a calm environment and got everyone done in time for the big event. Thanks so much Jessica Style Hair and Makeup Design for helping to make our day beautiful!

Sent on 12/14/2012

Amy · Married on 05/04/2015

Jessica was great! We hired her to do our hair and makeup for our wedding and we love what she did. As crazy as this sounds, she really captured the essence that we were going for -without having to express it. I highly recommend doing a test-run before the actual wedding day -for both hair and makeup. It was so worth it. Thanks Jessica for making our day great!! .

Sent on 07/07/2015

Leah · Married on 09/17/2011

IF YOU HAVE CURLY HAIR, GO HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jessica Jung, owner of Lavande--a bride/bridal-party only salon!--made me so beautiful for my wedding day. I had originally booked w/ La Bella and then with Casa Verde, but there were awful issues with both. With only two weeks left until my wedding, I was stressing pretty badly. My wedding planner, Camilla at Corazon Events, recommended Jessica and I'm SO GLAD she did. She's a bit pricier than other stylists, but OMG--she is worth it. I have very, very curly hair and no one else could keep the curls without making me look like a little girl in a pageant. Instead, she made me into a beautiful, elegant bride. Thanks to Jessica, I simply felt beautiful on my wedding day. What more can you ask for??

Sent on 12/23/2011

Leah · Married on 09/17/2011

IF YOU HAVE CURLY HAIR, GO HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jessica Jung, owner of Lavande--a bride/bridal-party only salon!--made me so beautiful for my wedding day. I had originally booked w/ La Bella and then with Casa Verde, but there were awful issues with both. With only two weeks left until my wedding, I was stressing pretty badly. My wedding planner, Camilla at Corazon Events, recommended Jessica and I'm SO GLAD she did. She's a bit pricier than other stylists, but OMG--she is worth it. I have very, very curly hair and no one else could keep the curls without making me look like a little girl in a pageant. Instead, she made me into a beautiful, elegant bride. Thanks to Jessica, I simply felt beautiful on my wedding day. She also did my mother's hair and makeup, as well as hair for one of my bridesmaids, and that was gorgeous, as well. The only issue I had was her assistant--one of my other maids had her hair and makeup done by the assistant and it was just okay.

Sent on 12/23/2011