Jessica Hill Photography Reviews

15 Reviews for Jessica Hill Photography

• Jason

Jason T. · Married on 11/09/2019

Truly Incredible

Jessica is truly incredible. Her photographs speak for themselves, and her eye and ability to capture a moment is unmatched. Her artistry is apparent in every photo she takes. However, it's the command she has while doing the photo shoots, the control of the room and her subjects, her ability to see things others would miss (a wrinkled shirt, a misplaced tie, the perfect placement of dress), and her professionalism that takes everything she does to the next level. She gets our highest recommendation and complete trust and belief that she is, without a doubt, the most incredible photographer you could find to capture any moment in your life.

Sent on 11/12/2019

Taylor · Married on 10/06/2017

Jessica brought raw talent and a wonderful energy to our big day. My wedding jitters calmed as soon as she showed up to the bridal suite for getting ready photos and the rest of the day melted into a blur of happy memories from then on forward. She captured the essence of the emotion of our day and we are so thrilled with the finished product!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Krystal · Married on 07/07/2017

Jessica and her team were amazing! Our wedding photographs are beautiful and Jessica is able to catch the raw emotions of the day that we will be able to cherish for a lifetime. I would recommend Jessica to anyone who wants amazing wedding photos!

Sent on 11/11/2017

Choosing a photographer for us was just as important as purchasing our wedding bands. After several interviews and research, we chose Jessica Hill Photography. Would not have gone any other way.

Jessica has this contagious spirit and energy about her. It was important that we jived well and could be around this person for hours. Nailed it - we good.

Jessica’s professionalism and expertise was clearly demonstrated from the beginning. Her style of communication while also knowing when to listen to the client was a perfect mix that worked well.

We loved the online portal and easy of use of being able to simply access correspondence, payment records and contract terms. Honestly, vendors that don’t have this type of setup need to catchup with the rest of the pack. From a client experience standpoint, its a no-brainer.

You want a photographer that is talented, respectful, asks the right questions and knows when to user their intuition and make the decision that needs to be made. As many told us, the hours went by like minutes on our wedding day. Before we knew it was time to walk down the aisle. Jessica’s calm, easy-going nature made the entire day stress free.

We received several comments from our friends and family saying how great our photographer was and how she did a great job at disguising herself by blending in with the celebration. There was no obvious “Hi, I’m the photographer - can I take your picture?” moments. Thank goodness.

We loved how Jessica knew when to pull one of us aside at the appropriate moment to ask us a question on our wedding day. When we refer to intuition, this is what we are talking about. Knowing when the right moment is. Isn’t that a big part of photography anyways? Capturing that moment.

There’s no surprise that Jessica is talented. When we received the email with the subject line “You’re on the blog”, gleeful text messages were fired off

Sent on 11/24/2015

Libby · Married on 08/22/2015

Jessica was an absolute dream to work with. I was drawn to Jessica and her photography because she truly has a gift for capturing incredibly beautiful and precious candid moments. I kept browsing through all of the local photographers websites, but I just kept comparing everything to her work. So, I took that as a sign :)

From the moment we met Jessica at our engagement shoot, Chris and I felt instantly comfortable and we knew we had made an excellent decision by booking her. Chris normally tries to avoid the camera, but Jessica made the photo shoot fun and natural for all of us. The first thing he said when we got back in the car was "I really like her and that was so much fun!" You will have to trust me on this one, but Chris saying that taking photos was fun was something I never thought he would say. She just made us feel so comfortable that we kind of forgot about the camera; because of that, she captured our relationship and our love perfectly. Our engagement photos were done at a vineyard in the wine country and they turned out absolutely GORGEOUS.

When Chris and I (and my family) saw the photos from the wedding, it literally felt like we were actually there doing it all over again. I laughed and cried and just couldn't believe the moments she got on film. Jessica captured Chris and I and all of our guests absolutely perfectly. We sat there watching the slideshow and were just speechless by the time it was over. There were so many phenomenal photos, we were just overwhelmed. I couldn't have asked for better photos.

Jessica is truly an artist and a total sweetheart. She and her assistant, Elijah, are an outstanding team and work so well together. They both have the talent of making everyone feel extremely comfortable and natural... and they are a blast to have at a party!

If I had to do it all over again, I would book Jessica in a heart beat! I can't say enough wonderful things about her photography, business and her in general!

Sent on 10/14/2015

Giorgina · Married on 08/23/2014

Jessica was the first vendor we booked. Photography was very important for us and we spent a lot of time reseaching local photographers. As soon as we met Jessica, we knew she was the right photographer for us. She is is very talented but the best part is that she is really great, fun and makes you feel very comfortable right away. We love her and our families loved her as well. I recommend her 100%!

Sent on 09/17/2014
  • Kerry Stevenson Farmer

Kerry · Married on 07/28/2012

Jessica Hill is amazing! Jessica is a truly talented photographer and captured the essence and emotion of our day so perfectly. I knew immediately after meeting with her that we'd be in good hands. She has a way of making you feel comfortable in front of the camera and brings a creative flair and unique style to her photos. We've received so many wonderful compliments about our photos and how dynamic and alive they are. We couldn't be more pleased with our engagement and wedding photos and highly recommend Jessica Hill Photography! Thank you Jessica!!

Sent on 10/14/2012

Holly · Married on 05/26/2012

Jessica is an artist behind the camera. She captured the feelings from the engagement photos through the wedding day with gorgeous photography. She observes her subjects and portrays their personalities through her shots. The wedding books will be lifetime keepsakes.

Sent on 07/16/2012

Meghan · Married on 08/06/2011

After meeting with several talented photographers in the Portland area, we stopped looking the minute we met Jessica and saw her work. Deciding to work with Jessica, was the easiest and very best wedding decision we made. We can't say enough good things about her and her entire team! Her work is simply amazing. She has a true gift for being able to capture those precious moments that make up such a special day. Not only is she incredibly gifted, she is a joy to work with, completely professional and just a lovely person.

Sent on 08/16/2011

K · Married on 10/01/2010

I live in Texas but was planning our wedding in Portland, Oregon, and found Jessica's website while searching through Portland wedding sites. I was nervous picking someone I wasn't going to meet in person, but after seeing all of her great photos, we took a chance. We had to communicate by email mostly, and she was very timely and professional in all of her communications, and the contract I signed made me feel comfortable using someone I had never met. We only needed about 2 hrs before/during/after our ceremony, and initially I was worried we weren't going to have her for enough time, but she did such a great job at capturing all the big and little things going on, and keeping us on track for getting all the group shots we really wanted as well. I was nervous about having to pose for so many different shots, but she really made both of us feel comfortable and we had a great time with her. The only way I could have been happier is if I had kept her around for the reception too!! Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 12/18/2010

March · Married on 08/29/2009

I think it's important to say that we knew we wanted to pick Jessica the minute we walked out of her office after the initial interview (by we, i mean my now brother-in-law and I). he had been kind enough to come to 3 different photog meetings with me that day and we walked out after Jessica and both looked at each other and said, "she's the one!". you can tell that she really enjoys shooting weddings, it shows in the way she talks about weddings and details, the romantic shots she gets, her happiness and upbeat energy on the day of the wedding (when she's not all over the place documenting everything), and in the way she handles the engagement sessions. i love that all of her packages include an engagement photo session! my husband and i were both a bit uncertain about it, but jessica explained that she likes us to get used to having our picture taken and she likes to get used to photographing us, and the end result is a guest sign in book of the best of those pictures, that you help pick. they turned out amazing! and made for a much smoother day of photos on the wedding day, after seeing the engagement session photos, she could have told me to do anything and i would have listened, because it would have been beautiful. i am so glad we chose Jessica Hill as our photographer, she is AMAZING! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED HIGHLY RECOMMENDED HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Sent on 09/20/2009

Meghan · Married on 08/22/2009

Jessica Hill Photography was a dream to work with for my wedding day and the events leading up to it. Jessica and her team, take beautiful pictures that capture everything about your wedding and that fit your personality and look. They are professional, artistic and down to earth. I would and will recommend their services to anyone and everyone I know!

Sent on 09/09/2009

Ae · Married on 09/20/2008

"We couldn't have asked for a better wedding photographer! We're rather camera shy, but wanted someone to document all of the little moments of our wedding that we knew would go so fast. Jessica really understood us and captured all of the little details we worked so hard to create, as well as some fantastic moments that will now be with us forever."

Sent on 07/04/2009

Sarah · Married on 06/07/2008

I can't say enough about Jessica! The pictures are truly stunning. Many of our friends & family have said they're the most beautiful wedding pictures they've ever seen & we owe it all to her. She was fun, kept it mellow & we had a great time. she was very flexible & helpful, I would recommend her in a heartbeat to anyone!

Sent on 08/01/2008
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 09/03/2011

Jessica and her team did an absolutely amazing job photographing my wedding in September 2011. My pictures are so dreamy and beautiful, and she really captured the emotion of the day. Our only challenge was narrowing down the images because there were so many good ones!! On top of all of this, Jessica traveled to DC (where we lived during our engagement) to do our engagement shoot. Those pics are perfect snapshot of our happy times living in DC and they really show our personalities. She is also SO much fun to work with, and helped make our big day a blast. Jessica's services and albums are on the higher end of the price scale (at least for Portland), but I'd say it's worth it. She's the best!

Sent on 06/17/2013