Jessica Castro Weddings Reviews

60 | Los Angeles, CA

60 Reviews for Jessica Castro Weddings

• Kathryn

Kathryn N. · Married on 06/13/2021

The best wedding photographer we could ask for!

I first met Jessica five years ago when she was the photographer at my brother's wedding. I was so glad she was available for my wedding last month. She responded promptly to emails, was professional, punctual, and easy to work with and her rates are extremely reasonable. She took our engagement photos that we ended up needing to reschedule because of a rare rainy SoCal day. We really appreciated having her do the engagement shoot so we could get to know her and she could get to know us. Before the wedding, she asked for a list of all of the photos we wanted to have done. We ended up scaling the list back a little bit because we were worried about how long it would take, but we were able to get all the photos we wanted, including ones we had eliminated from our list. Our wedding party included toddlers and young children and she handled all of the chaos that comes from having kiddos present with no problem at all. For both the engagement and wedding photos, she gave us so many great photos to choose from and sent them to us well before the date she had promised.
    I would recommend Jessica to anyone looking for a photographer!

Sent on 07/09/2021
  • Bella

Bella C. · Married on 06/11/2021

Beyond Brilliant and Incredibly Kind

It truly is hard to put into words how wonderful it is to work with Jessica. She is so kind, compassionate, and shows a deep caring for not only the incredible work she produces but also for the people and moments she captures. Planning a destination micro-wedding in just over two months can be quite the daunting task especially in the middle of a pandemic so finding Jessica was truly a gift. From our first correspondence to our last I felt completely assured that I was not only in brilliantly capable hands but like I was working with a friend. Jessica takes the time to get to know you, to help you articulate your vision for the day, and captures the magic of each moment with ease. She goes above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable and confident in every way possible from helping work out the details of venue and vendors to guiding you in front of the camera. To top it all off she makes sure you feel like the priority and is so quick with a response to any question, worry, or whim and is beyond punctual on getting your photos back to you quickly. I will definitely recommend Jessica to anyone and everyone and hope to work with her again in the future!

Sent on 12/01/2020
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 05/22/2021

Best wedding photographer ever!

Jessica was my favorite vendor to work with mans I am so lucky she was our photographer. Pictures are one of the only things you will have forever, that’s why your photographer is so important. If you are getting married in Joshua Tree, Palm Springs, Los Angeles or the surrounding areas you should consider Jessica. She is so sweet abs compassionate. She is so talented and experienced. She is also super communicative and punctual. She loves what she does and it shines through her work. 100% would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 05/17/2021
  • Emma

Emma T. · Married on 12/01/2020

The missing puzzle to our wedding!

So I was a "corona bride" and decided to continue with our wedding mid - pandemic, we did the whole adjustments and lovely live stream, but we definitely still wanted a photographer. Luckily we found Jessica through extensive searching through wedding websites. She was available on a very difficult day, DECEMBER 26 ! I know she gets booked fast but we were blessed to work with her. Jessica was extremely transparent, organized, and open minded since the beginning. During the day of our wedding she was like the missing puzzle for our day, she did her job and I felt even the job of others from the wedding party! lol She was so calm but took charge of things when needed especially during the family photos! I almost forgot to talk about her photo quality! I mean you can tell right away by just seeing some of website photos! I saw maybe 1-3 photos and that sold me. However choosing a photographer is about their work and persona. I feel Jessica really does have the whole package and I can't wait to work with Jessica again in the future!

Sent on 02/24/2021
  • Anna

Anna L. · Married on 11/14/2020

Creative and Kind Photographer

When searching for a photographer, we wanted someone who would be able to capture moments authentically. My husband and I are a bit camera shy and we felt completely comfortable around Jessica who never made us do anything that felt unnatural to who were are as a couple. She met with us multiple times leading up to our original wedding date & was flexible when it came time for us to postpone. We had a smaller ceremony this year and were amazed at how quickly her turnaround was in getting the photos back to us. She made our simple ceremony which took place in a church parking lot look beautiful. What I was most grateful for was her ability to handle different personalities on the day-of and honor what my husband & I wanted. We look forward to working with her again on our future reception.

Sent on 12/12/2020
  • Betsy

Betsy J. · Married on 08/20/2020

Most Creative, Talented Photographer

From the moment we met, Jessica just put us at ease with her striking ability to be both laid-back and highly detail oriented. It was such a fun process of dreaming about her style in the setting of our wedding location. She was so open to our desires and goals, was so organized and invested, and absolutely brimming with kindness. The day-of experience was so on-point with her, and although I was already excited about her talent and style, nothing could have prepared me for the beauty of our photos!!!!!!! Honestly, they are beyond stunning and everyone who's seen them is speechless. I am so grateful for her willingness to work with us and also her ability to navigate all the personalities present on your wedding day. I can't WAIT for the next shoot!!

Sent on 09/11/2020
  • Erin

Erin C. · Married on 03/01/2020

We Loved Our Photos

Jessica is an absolute delight to work with and be around, and she worked so well with all our other vendors to make sure she captured the best photos she could at our wedding. She's wonderful and will recommend her to everyone we know

Sent on 04/19/2020

Jessica Castro Weddings's reply:

Erin, Your wedding was the perfect way to start the year and spring! I cannot thank your family and friends enough for all their hospitality, you were the most perfect fairytale brides. It was so fun to capture all the giggles thank you for sharing your story with me!

Hannah G. · Married on 02/01/2020

Incredible photographer and beyond!

Where to begin with Jessica and her talent?! My husband and I had a small destination wedding in the woods and the Jessica captured our day so perfectly. From before the wedding all the way through to receiving our photos, Jessica went above and beyond. She was always there ready to give advice or help me with things that weren’t even related to photography. Our friends and family couldn't stop raving about how kind she was and the photos are a true reflection of us. She captured moments I missed and details I totally forgot about. Getting the photos back (super quick too!) had us reliving the day all over again. The photos still bring tears to my eyes and transport me to our day. I cannot recommend or thank Jessica enough for all she did to make our wedding such a beautiful experience. I wish I could get married again just to have her there! We love you, Jess!

Sent on 04/27/2020

Jessica Castro Weddings's reply:

Hannah , I wish you and kev could get married every year! Your wedding was such a beautiful celebration of love and is why people in this industry stay in it for the long haul. It was an absolute privilege to capture such an intimate day in your life. It was all perfection. xoxo

Annaca · Married on 10/17/2019

Amazing, lovely, professional photographer!

I found Jessica on Wedding Wire, and absolutely fell in love with her photos. I contacted her immediately, and she responded promptly. She was very friendly on the phone and so helpful with advice and ideas. She knew exactly what I wanted stylistically and executed it incredibly on the day. She arrived on time, and made us feel relaxed throughout the day, taking all the photos I required from her but also suggested a few others. She was very calm and professional, making my us, my family and friends feel comfortable in front of the camera. I couldn't recommend Jessica enough. Our photos came out so beautifully and we had such a wonderful experience working with her. Thank you Jessica! X

Sent on 12/16/2019

Jessica Castro Weddings's reply:

Annaca! Your wedding was absolutely beautiful and such a fun day! Can’t thank everyone enough for all their energy !
  • Krystal

Krystal · Married on 09/21/2019

Fun, professional and beautiful

Jessica shot our engagement shoot in Saint Augustine for our upcoming wedding. The only reason she is not our photographer is that she is in my bridal party.

Her ability to set us at ease and capture our moments while listening to us surpassed both my fiancé and I’s expectations. She is an absolute professional but also a sweetheart. I would recommend her to anyone!!!

Sent on 02/26/2019

Kelcie · Married on 09/14/2019

It was a true pleasure meeting Jessica. We found her through an online forum, and when emailing engagement photographers, we chose her because of her responsiveness and flexibility! She was great to work with and totally put us at ease. Our photos are beautiful and truly capture our love.

Sent on 05/23/2018

Jessica Castro Weddings's reply:

Kelcie! It was so lovely working with George and yourself. Thank you for all the energy and the fun time. I will remember my time in the garden for a lifetime, what a sweet beginning for you guys!
  • Paul

Paul B. · Married on 05/23/2019

Great photographer!

Jessica was awesome! She worked with us all throughout our ever-changing wedding plans, even after we changed cities. And the pictures turned out great!

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Raquel

Raquel · Married on 02/09/2019

Wedding Photographer with passion and experience and it shows...

I had a very specific vision for the vibe of our wedding (Classic, Elegant, yet moody). Our wedding was to start at night in a church with no first look during the day. I reached out to many local photographers who rather than embrace our concept, tried to talk us into doing a first look and taking our pictures prior to our church ceremony. This was just too important to us to compromise on. I finally reached out to Jess and she instantly put us at ease. She reassured us that we could keep with our vision and still get beautiful photos and memories. We were convinced and hired Jess to come all the way to Florida to shoot our rehearsal and wedding day. She was so accommodating and professional. Our family and friends were so impressed. They captured all the important moments without you even noticing they were there. So thankful we reached out to her and she delivered completely on our moody vintage glam vibe!!! We are thrilled. You will not regret booking her and she is worth every penny.

Sent on 04/03/2019

Jessica Castro Weddings's reply:

Raquel! I'm so happy I got to capture your big day and even more thrilled to hear I kept to your vision! It was such a fun challenge to shoot a night time wedding. Your venues were so stunning and perfect for the set up you flawlessly constructed for the day. Can't thank your family more for all the hospitality. Will remember this wedding the rest of my life.

Bubba · Married on 11/03/2018

I admit I was skeptical about doing these photos. I was concerned about spending more $ when we could just use a pic of us that we already had. But my fiancé really wanted to do them so in the spirit of learning to be a good husband I conceded. :)

And oh boy was I wrong. Our photos turned out beautifully. We are SHOOK. Jessica really captured who we are. We could not be more excited to have these for the rest our lives.

Jessica booked our location and was responsive and flexible to our concerns the entire time leading up to the shoot. At the shoot she was fun and put us completely at ease. We felt like we were in capable hands the whole time.

We shot the photos at a BBQ restaurant getting messy with some ribs and sloppy joes. She directed us beautifully through a very sticky situation.

If anyone needs engagement photos done, Jessica is your person!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Jessica Castro Weddings's reply:

I still talk about this engagement shoot and its been almost 6 months. You guys brought so many fun ideas to the table. I love this unique and fun approach. It was such a pleasure to work with you and capture your love story!

Molly L. · Married on 09/22/2018

Excellent quality and care

My husband and I are both super awkward so I was pretty nervous about photos. Jessica made us feel SO comfortable and the photos came out beautifully. She was very accommodating to my entire family, which isn't an easy feat. She has a very calm demeanor and was actually quite helpful in keeping pre-wedding events moving. She was always there when I needed her, but she never got in the way and still managed to capture photos of sweet moments that even I had missed at the time. It was such a pleasure working with her—highly recommend.

Sent on 02/15/2019

Jessica Castro Weddings's reply:

Molly it was so great working with Jack and yourself. Love how you transformed your childhood memories into an intimate warm wedding! Happy to hear you guys were so comfortable! Can't thank your family enough for all the hospitality.

Laura G. · Married on 09/21/2018

Photographer

We are thrilled with Jessica’s photos. She has a great eye and captures everyone’s joy and beauty in the moment. I love the color and vibrancy I’m her work. She was very professional and fun to have at the wedding. I would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Jessica Castro Weddings's reply:

Laura! You are so kind. Your intimate beach wedding was so much fun. The energy was so calm and vibrant all at once what a dream! Can't thank you enough for the support in my creativity and business! Hope to see the family again!

Alexa · Married on 07/14/2018

Jessica is an incredibly talented photographer and an absolute joy to work with! In the months leading up to our wedding, she was responsive, helpful, easygoing, flexible, and very well organized. When our wedding weekend came around, Jessica's calm and cool demeanor was a welcome addition to both our rehearsal dinner and wedding and she did a spectacular job of capturing the magic, joy, and sentimentality of both events. Then, just a few days later, we were SO pleasantly surprised to receive a sneak preview of photos from our big day! We've received TONS of compliments from family and friends (one bridesmaid has already hired Jessica for her own wedding)! We LOVE Jessica and wholeheartedly recommend Jessica Castro Weddings for all your photography needs!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Jessica Castro Weddings's reply:

Alexa, I am so grateful for all your kind words. Absolutely adore your wedding . The design was so fresh and perfect for summer. Had a blast with your family and friends won't forget their dance moves!

Tati · Married on 07/07/2018

Chill and Professional Photog

Loved working with Jessica, she was incredibly professional with a relaxed energy, the perfect combo for an intense day of high emotion. Would recommend her to anyone. 100%

Sent on 12/20/2018

Kelsi · Married on 04/29/2018

Jessica is an absolute dream. She made everyone feel so comfortable and loved and her photos are beautiful. I would highly recommend her to anyone. With out a doubt, go with Jessica.

Sent on 06/03/2018
  • Y

Yasmin · Married on 09/09/2017

Having Jess as our wedding photographer was an absolute dream! Her beautiful photography speaks for itself, but in terms of working with her, she is so personable and warm, understanding and receptive, professional and organized—she is everything you would want in a wedding photographer and more! From the first meeting, I was confident that Jess had a clear understanding of exactly what aesthetic and vibe we were looking for. Jess considerately helped us to choose the right package that worked with our budget and the coverage we were expecting. Throughout the whole planning process, Jess was so attentive and helpful, always keeping in touch and making sure that she was up to date with all our scheduling (she made the planning process SO much easier with her outstanding professionalism, and every bride and groom knows what a gift that is!). On the day of our wedding, my groom and I were assured that Jess and her second photographer, Stan, would do an amazing job, and they certainly did: they captured stunning shots of all the highlights of our wedding and more, formal and candid alike. We feel so grateful to have had Jess capture our wedding, and we recommend her without hesitation to anyone and everyone looking for a wedding photographer!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Jessica Castro Weddings's reply:

Yasmin your wedding was as incredibly sweet and beautiful as you are. So grateful for all your kind words. We had a wonderful time with capturing everything and getting to know everyone!

Lisa · Married on 08/06/2017

Jessica was a perfect and amazing addition to our special day! She was attentive, calm, and completely captured our style preferences! We are OBSESSED with our photos, they came out perfect! We could not recommend her more!!!

Sent on 03/27/2018

Jessica Castro Weddings's reply:

Grateful for all the kindness! Loved all the details, such a beach dream! Won't get over those sweet photos with your dog!

L · Married on 08/01/2017

Jessica photographed our engagement pictures and wedding, and we couldn't be happier with both. On top of her photos being outstanding -- we have received compliments from everyone -- Jessica is extremely professional, flexible, and easy to communicate with. Her easy-going nature was a perfect fit for us. She also has a hidden talent of knowing exactly what to say to make you feel at ease and bring out your best so that you look great on camera.

We already hired her for another family shoot and would highly recommend her for anyone else's photography needs!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Jessica Castro Weddings's reply:

So happy you felt comfortable! I had such a blast getting to know you guys and your family. I'm so grateful for the return business! Hoping to keep in touch for awhile.

Louis · Married on 07/01/2017

With so many photographers available, I didn't know where to begin. My wife and I are so happy that we found Jessica. She was very flexible, punctual, and most important made us feel comfortable. Jessica's passion for photography is contagious and is visible through her work. She is definitely worth your consideration.

Sent on 07/16/2017

Jessica Castro Weddings's reply:

Louis I'm so glad you saw the passion. It's so great to make you guys feel comfortable and beautiful!.

Melody · Married on 06/24/2017

Jessica Castro was our amazing wedding photographer in Los Angeles last year for my traditional-style Chinese wedding. She was extremely responsive, professional, and easy to work with, and captured many special moments throughout the day with beautiful artistic expression. As the bride, things can be hectic and stressful, but her calming presence definitely eased things through. Photos were received promptly and were super easy to distribute. I would highly recommend Jessica Castro Weddings to anyone looking for wedding or event photography of any kind!

Sent on 04/29/2018

Araceli · Married on 06/17/2017

Jessica is absolutely awesome to work with. She was always available when I needed her. She listens to her customer and gives good tips. On my wedding day she was on time and ready to go. She did not need direction as to what she should be taking pictures of. She stayed on time from start to finish. Whenever we asked for pictures that were not part of the timeline she went ahead and took them without hesitation. She sent my husband and I a preview of out photos and they are absolutely beautiful. I would recommend Jessica. She is great and super fun to work with.

Sent on 07/13/2017

Jessica Castro Weddings's reply:

I appreciate the kind review! It was such a pleasure working with you guys!