Jess + Nate Studios Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 05/04/2019

Magazine Quality Photos with Relaxed Comfortable Feel

Nate and his assistant the day of Dana were amazing. First of all, I love that Nate and his wife Jessica run this business together. You can tell they put their heart and soul into making your dreams come true with these photos that feel and look like you (not staged). Honestly, this is magazine quality so please expect to pay market value for that. Truly for photos you get what you paid for and this is worth every penny. We felt like we were getting to know Nate right off the bat in a few minute phone call and he took the time to answer all of our questions. Great personality and puts you at ease so your face is relaxed for the photos. Can’t wait to share the final photos with friends and family. We had this area as our splurge and cut out other details to ensure we captured everything with this quality.

Sent on 05/13/2019

Cortney · Married on 10/20/2017

Blown away! Nate was seriously one of my favorite vendors I had. He kept my entire day on track, was beyond professional, and kept the moral of the entire day so up beat and happy!! I'm still getting phone calls from guests pouring out compliments about my great photography team. You can not go wrong with them absolutely the best!!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Angelina · Married on 10/07/2016

We got married this past October and Jess + Nate Studios have been a continued pleasure to work with!... From our engagement photoshoot, engagement pictures/guest book album designs, wedding day shot by both Nate & Rachel and wedding album/portraits designs...every ounce of professionalism, patients and attention to detail was always evident. I can't say enough great things! Our engagement & wedding photos turned out so beautiful, they have a natural knack for photography and capturing moments perfectly in a unique/timeless way. Jess + Nate Studios are talented and are always super helpful, accommodating with any request, understanding and go above & beyond expectations!...My husband, mom and I will truly miss working with Nate! Our whole experience throughout the year from our first meeting to our now album meetings have been so memorable & enjoyable. We are very grateful that Jess + Nate Studios were our photographers and now we have gorgeous photos that tell a story of our special day, which we will cherish for generations to come!

Sent on 05/27/2017

Sabrina · Married on 05/23/2015

What can I say about this amazing team??? Booking Jess & Nate was the best decision we made in the entire wedding planning process. Yes, they are a little pricier than some, but you really get what you pay for. Completely worth it!
    We had Jess and Nate as our two photographers (sometimes they work with assistants), and they day of they were on time, ready to go, flying around capturing every detail beautifully. The direction they give during staged photos was so helpful and kept everyone from getting frazzled. The photos are STUNNING, people are raving about them!
    After the wedding is over, photos and video are all you have to remember, so I feel a splurge was totally justified in this category. I don't regret it one bit! My husband was skeptical but very happy now that he has seen the photos!
    Jess and Nate were easy to connect with, responsive, made it very easy to communicate what we wanted, and clearly professional and experienced. The one tip I'll give is that their online system can be a bit confusing during booking, and there are a few hoops to jump through getting your deposit in (must pay to add tracking number when you send the check, for instance, and no credit card option), but it's all worth it once it's done. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/05/2015

Brianne · Married on 07/13/2013

Listen. Jess and Nate are probably the most expensive option in the area. I still gave them five stars for value, because they are THAT GOOD.

I wasn't feeling the pastel, soft-focus vintage photography trend that was everywhere when I was looking for a photographer. Jess and Nate's portfolio seemed more crisp to me, and my planner recommended them, so that's why I picked them.

Why I recommend them:
    1. They are delightful people! My husband is not usually happy to be in front of a camera, but they got him to relax by being personable and funny.
    2. They're still efficient! Nate may have been cracking jokes during portraits, but it was always clear that he and Jess were thinking about what to do next and how much time we had.
    3. They respond promptly!
    4. My photos are fantastic! They so perfectly capture the mood of the day, I really can't rave enough about them.
    5. They have a talent for album layouts. Our wedding album has an emotional arc to it, and it's because Jess and Nate have such a knack for telling stories with their work.

Just email them already. It's worth it.

Sent on 05/22/2014

Rachel · Married on 06/30/2012

Jess + Nate are amazing to work with, and their photography is gorgeous. My wedding day was this past June. It was 97 degrees, and a massive storm knocked out power at our venue - meaning we had no a/c. I was worried we would all look terrible and the photographs would be disappointing, but Jess + Nate captured unbelievably beautiful pictures during all 9 hours of shooting. They couldn't have been more flexible given the chaotic and sweltering conditions. Jess helped me with makeup when I couldn't find my own bag, quickly adjusted timing and plans when we had to change location for the pre-wedding shoot due to the power outage, and still managed to find very unique places to take portraits as thunder rumbled in the sky. They are true professionals, and the pictures they took perfectly capture our day, our family & friends. The only challenge of working with them is that you will want every single picture they take because each one is so gorgeous!

Sent on 12/15/2012
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 04/14/2012

Jess and Nate are incredible photographers; they were so creative and took the most beautiful pictures of my husband and I. Not only were the individual shots beautiful but the album they created was gorgeous as well!

Sent on 07/24/2012

annie · Married on 09/17/2011

Jess & Nate are outstanding!!! They are extremely talented, very professional and two of the nicest people to work with. Jess and Nate are a great team and their work is top notch. Not only was I blown away by the photos they took at my rehearsal and wedding, but also by the timely manner in which I got to view the photos they took. You are making the right decision by choosing Jess & Nate as your wedding photographers, I cannot say enough good things about them.

Sent on 02/23/2012

Kendall · Married on 08/06/2011

Jess + Nate are amazing to work with. My husband and I were extremely fortunate that we were able to work with the pair of them . Their work is one of a kind and our beautiful photos reflect just that. Jess + Nate made us feel as if we were their only clients. They dedicated so much time and passion into our photos that we could not be any more pleased. We are looking forward to hopefully working with the wonderful Jess + Nate again. Best decision we have ever made was choosing Jess + Nate Photography!

Sent on 10/16/2011

Whitney · Married on 07/23/2011

Trust me, they're worth it. Sure, there may be cheaper options out there, but no one will give you the quality that Jess + Nate will. They were extremely professional, they listened to what we wanted, and they had a way of making everyone comfortable enough to get natural looking pictures. Jess + Nate work perfectly together, but at the same time, they each have slightly different eye for what makes a good shot, so you're sure to get a variety of beautiful pictures in the end.

Sent on 03/01/2012

Jaclyn · Married on 06/11/2011

When planning our wedding, we choose Jess and Nate before anything else. In fact, we planned the day around their availability.

Jess and Nate are absolutely wonderful and we could not be happier with our engagement and wedding photographs. They are a fantastic team and compliment each other so well. My husband, family and I truly enjoyed working with them on our wedding day and throughout the planning process.

Jess and Nate went out of their way to ensure that our engagement and wedding photos were perfect. My husband and I have received countless compliments on the photographs. As a result of their professionalism and exquisite work, we will always cherish the photos of the most important day in our lives to date.

Jess and Nate Studios has my highest recommendation.

Sent on 02/23/2012

Barika · Married on 04/16/2011

Jess and Nate are AMAZING!!! They made our day fun and they captured moments that I would not have even known about if they had not seen them. From the start, with our first meeting, they really wanted to go to know us. Our e-session was more than I could have asked for - they allowed us to step out of the box and frankly I think we ended up with the hottest e-pics ever (and other have said the same). They are great photogs but also amazing people. Honestly, I cannot wait to have kids so that Jess and Nate can shoot them. You get what you pay for and we NO DOUBT do not regret spending a dime on Jess and Nate!!! They ROCK!! Do not wait - they book early and there is a reason that they do!

Sent on 08/28/2011

amanda · Married on 01/15/2011

I have always heard a picture is worth a thousand words, and that is what I wanted, was one great picture that would tell the story of our wedding. So finding a photographer that could capture our special day and depict our story was very important to us. In full bride-to-be mode, I searched high and low and interviewed many photographers, but when we met Nate and Jess at their studio I knew they would be perfect. They were fun, yet professional, and had a way about that put me at ease. I remember seeing a photo in the entryway of their studio, a huge gorgeous canvas print, and I said this is what I want! And a year later, not only do we have that one great picture but we have a beautiful album and several prints that tell the story of our engagement and wedding day. For us Jess and Nate put a new meaning to "a picture is worth a thousand words"... for us our pictures are priceless.

Sent on 09/21/2011

Megan · Married on 04/29/2010

Photography was the part of our wedding planning we were most passionate about, and I am so glad we went with Jess + Nate! We probably looked at every wedding photographer in Michigan's website and I knew they were going to be my favorite as soon as I saw their work! They are the best! We will have the images from our wedding forever and they were worth every penny - plus, they're the nicest people and are great to work with! I would definitely recommend them to anyone! :)

Sent on 09/08/2011

Aleene · Married on 06/26/2009

Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life, and there is no one else I would have trusted with this responsibility than Jessica Johnston photography. Jess and Nate were phenomenal! Their images captured are wedding perfectly and I will cherish them always. When I look back at my album 30 years from now, her pictures will be able to bring me right back to our special day. The attention to detail is priceless. Jess and Nate are a truly gifted and talented team, and are in no means your average wedding "photographer." I would highly recommend them to anyone planning an upcoming wedding.

Sent on 09/07/2009

kelly · Married on 06/06/2009

Photography was thee most important thing to me about my wedding. When looking for a photographer I asked around and did my research. One of my very good friends works at a magazine and said that Jessica Johnston is hands down the best. So I checked out her website and blog and was truly blown away. Her work is beyond phenomenal and I was honored that I had her and Nate on my big day. They are so great to work with and have such warm and fun personalities. When I finally got a chance to see the results I was amazed. They captured every emotion of the day. I have people constantly asking me who did your wedding photos they are something that I have never seen before. Each picture is a work of art. They are worth every single penny!

Sent on 07/12/2009

Danielle · Married on 10/20/2007

I booked Jessica before I even had contracts signed for my Reception and Ceremony site because I knew I had to have her and was so impressed with her work. She's on the higher end for pricing, but this was an area of the budget I refused to skimp on. Her and her husband Nate are the type of people that we would be friends with outside of this whole wedding process, and that makes it so much easier to feel comfortable in front of the camera and act like ourselves. We took our e-pics with them about a year before our wedding and were blown away by those. On the day of the wedding, she thought of some of the most creative places for pictures, and we were just pretty much walking around downtown Detroit! After receiving all the proofs from her, my husband and I agreed that she was worth every single penny. The moments she captured are priceless and I couldn't recommend her more!

Sent on 03/25/2008

Rana · Married on 05/19/2007

Jessica and Nate are simply the best photographers around. They captured moments in such an intimate and authentic way that our pictures truly capture the emotions of the day.

Sent on 03/25/2008

Tara · Married on 06/30/2007

Jessica takes AMAZING photos, so unique and not like anything you will find anywhere. Your wedding album will look like a page out of the most stylish, beautiful wedding magazine. She is so friendly and even took additional photos for our engagement session when we asked, 3 months after the originals! Wedding photographs are always expensive, and this is no exception, but you will get a product WELL WORTH the money instead of just something mediocre.

Sent on 05/17/2008