Jenny's Wedding Cakes Reviews

70 Reviews for Jenny's Wedding Cakes

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

70 Jenny's Wedding Cakes Reviews

Cassie · Married on 09/22/2018

Our wedding cake was stunning!! Jenny is simply the go to person for the best wedding cakes and there isn't a reason to look elsewhere. We ordered three different types of cakes for our wedding day and all were incredible! She has lots of options and none of the cakes are frozen ahead of time, all fresh and all super delicious. We brought Jenny a picture of a cake we liked off Pinterest and she executed better than the picture! Her professionalism and response are unmatched and she's been in the business for a long time and made herself available if we needed recommendations for other vendors. Super easy and great to work with. Don't go anywhere else, just book, and you will be extremely satisfied!

Rebecca · Married on 09/01/2018

I cannot say enough about Jenny’s wedding cakes. My fiancé and I drove to Jenny’s store for a tasting and to discuss our vision for our cake. I was able to show Jenny a few pictures of designs I had come across online and next thing I know she is sketching out a cake for us. She was able to take the few pictures I had and truly bring our vision to life. She masterfully took each element we were hoping to use and created the perfect cake that incorporated all elements. She truly has a gift. After we designed our cake we were able to sample a few flavors she had made for us. Everyone had told me not to get too hung up on how cakes taste because it is more in how they look. Well, we tasted these samples and they were delicious! Beautiful and tasty cakes do exist! When our wedding cake was delivered it was even more beautiful than I had envisioned. Our guests didn’t stop talking about how great it tasted as well. If you are looking for a cake you must contact Jenny! I was so pleased with the final outcome. And besides the cake, Jenny is just a wonderful person. She is definitely someone I would want to be friends with outside of the wedding. How often do you say that about one of your vendors?

Jaclyn · Married on 06/09/2018

Jenny made our wedding cake and she did a fabulous job! She let us try multiple flavors of cake for our tasting and they were all amazing. She created a cake that was exactly what we wanted. It was absolutely the best cake I have ever had in my life! Jenny is so nice and easy to work with. I would HIGHLY recommend using Jenny’s Wedding Cakes for your wedding!

Nathalie · Married on 05/26/2018

Jenny was such a joy to work with when designing our wedding cake. She was very responsive, timely, easy to work with, and we enjoyed our cake tasting with her. We absolutely loved our wedding cake. It was simple but elegant and tasted amazing. She offered typical but also specialty flavors that were delicious. We were able to have three flavors for our four-tiered cake and the guests enjoyed everything. Not a single slice left over! Thank you Jenny for such a beautifully designed and delicious tasting cake!

N&J 05/26/18 Wedding

Michelle · Married on 04/21/2018

BEST CAKE EVER! Not only did it look beautiful but it was the most amazing tasting cake I’ve ever had. We had some picky cake eaters and they were raving about her cake! The frosting was to die for. The French sponge cake which was so fluffy and the fillings were so fresh and delicious. Thank you, Jenny! xo

Jodi · Married on 10/07/2017

Amazingly DELICIOUS cake...these are not your normal, boring wedding cake flavors! Jenny is fantastic! Very accommodating to a last minute change to our cake. We received so many compliments on our delicious wedding cake. We highly recommend this service.

Hannah · Married on 09/23/2017

Not only was our cake beautiful, but it was also crazy DELICIOUS! I have a gluten allergy and was so concerned that I wouldn't find a bakery that could make us a great-tasting Gluten Free (GF) wedding cake. My parents, fiance and I were blown away when we went in for our tasting -- the GF cake somehow tasted like regular non-GF cake, and was one of the tastiest cakes we have ever had. The flavors were so fun and creative, and most items could be made GF-- it was so nice having a selection of flavors I could choose from -- which is very rare for GF people. The design was also stunning and we could not have been happier. Love love Jenny and her amazing cakes!!

Sent on 12/26/2017

Jenny's Wedding Cakes's reply:

Hannah!!! Thank you so much for this!! Of course it was absolutely my pleasure working with you , you are a doll! Warmest wishes for you both!!! xoxo

Shayna · Married on 07/01/2017

Jenny was so wonderful to work with from the tasting to the wedding day! We've received so many compliments that ours was the most delicious wedding cake our guests ever had. Jenny took our vision and transformed it into an even more beautiful wedding cake. Thank you, Jenny!

• User5098559 · 1+ year ago

Jenny was fabulous to work with for our wedding. She was super accommodating during our tasting, graciously allowing a whole crew of us to come to her studio. I tried to explain my vision for the cake design I wanted and she made it even better than I could have envisioned. Also, the flavors were incredible. Thank you Jenny for everything!!

Laura · Married on 04/23/2017

Jenny created what was actually the best cake I have ever had! And she was so enthusiastic about our concept! We wanted to do a simple buttercream design and other bakers were trying to push us towards fondant, but Jenny was super affirming about our choice and her excitement made us feel good. And then the cake itself tasted amazing. Like, I wish I could eat that cake every day for the rest of my life. Even my new husband, the chocolate guy, loved our white wedding cake with lemon and strawberry. I highly highly recommend working with Jenny.

Kaitlyn · Married on 12/03/2016

Before I get into our review, I have to say, Jen has extremely amazing character. The week of our wedding, Jen contacted myself about our final payment which she hadn't received yet. Come to find out, someone had stolen our final payment to Jen out of the mail and cashed it. When we explain the situation to Jen and apologized for the late payment – Jen double checked on her end that it wasn’t cashed by someone on her staff (which she explained only she handles the money), she called her bank to confirm, she then said she would provide us any information we needed to ensure it wasn’t cashed on her end so we could get our money back from our bank and followed up with us repeatedly to check in on the situation and apologized to us that we were going through this the week of our wedding! I don’t know about you, but that was above and beyond what I would've expected and really shows the type of person Jen really is and we are so honored that we had such a caring and understanding person working on our wedding day!

Below is our review of the day:

We cannot say enough good things about Jenny’s Wedding Cakes! From our first meeting to the cutting of our cake on our wedding day, Jen was such an easy and professional person to work with! Not only is she reasonable priced, but far superior in taste and all of our details were meticulously perfected! Due to food allergies, we had a few requirements, which Jen took on with a smile and with love that you could taste in the final product. Jen also went out of her way to contact our florist to ensure that the cake decorations were on theme with our winter décor! Not only did the cake look phenomenal, it tasted SO GOOD! My husband and I ended up going with 2 flavors of cake - salted caramel buttercream and homemade praline and a chocolate cake with a chocolate truffle – and both got such wonderful compliments from our wedding guests!
    Please, look no further than Jenny Cakes! You WILL NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 02/17/2017

Jenny's Wedding Cakes's reply:

Oh Kaitlyn! Thank you so much for this, it was absolutely my pleasure working with you both. Warmest wishes for your future!!! jenny

Becky · Married on 10/15/2016

Jenny had the most delicious cake, hands down, of any cake baker we visited before our wedding. We chose to do a gorgeous three tier cake for 100 guests with additional sheet cake to feed the rest (180 people attended). I could barely bring myself to cut the wedding cake, it was so gorgeous: ruffled buttercream on the top and bottom, with a light gold middle cake, and deep aubergine and white flowers cascading down the side. Jenny used inspiration from my Pinterest board to bring my dream cake to life (although a very short lived life, since there weren't many leftovers!). Our flavors were: chocolate hazelnut, peanut butter-chocolate, banana praline, and spiced pumpkin with cream cheese frosting. Our guests loved the cake! Jenny can also do extra desserts for people who don't eat cake, and she made us a small gluten free cake upon request. Her timing was super flexible, to give us as much time as we needed to decide on our flavors. Jenny only does a limited number of weddings to ensure that she doesn't overbook herself, and I really appreciated the professional courtesy of knowing that we would be her top priority on our wedding day.

Nicholas · Married on 10/07/2016

Jenny was a pleasure to work with. The cake she created was exactly what we had envisioned. She was super flexible wit cake flavors as well. It was delicious.

Abby · Married on 10/01/2016

We were so happy we had Jenny bake our cake for our wedding in October. We started with a consultation where we got to taste some of her fun cake options. We settled on a 3-tier for 100 guests and got sheet cake to feed the rest of our guests. Jenny also made a separate gluten-free, dairy-free cake for our guests with food allergies. We were so pleased with the variety of flavors and options - including the allergy-friendly cake, we had four different cake options for our guests! On top of that, the 3-tier cake itself was absolutely beautiful. We also felt that Jenny was extremely reasonably priced for the quality of service. Highly recommend!!

e. · Married on 09/11/2016

When planning an out of town wedding, you need to rely on reviews, which we did in choosing Jenny. It was a great decision as all were so accurate. She was so accommodating in planning our tasting around our schedule and didn't mind our toddler grandson crawling around her lovely tasting room. The cake was delicious, and even the bride, who doesn't eat sweets, broke down and enjoyed every bite. Highly recommended!!!

Liz · Married on 09/10/2016

Jenny was an absolute pleasure to work with. We live in New York and had to cram a lot of planning into short trips up to Boston. Jenny was so flexible in scheduling our tasting, and we had a great time sitting with her and looking through all the gorgeous cakes she had designed. We wanted a gluten free cake, and Jenny had delicious options - none of the guests knew it was gluten free, and many commented on how flavorful it was.

sarah · Married on 07/09/2016

Jenny is simply the best! She is so flexible, accommodating and friendly, we felt like we were working with an old friend. She hosted us at a private and complementary tasting, and though she has dozens of flavors to choose from, we ended up choosing two of the flavors we sampled that day because they were just that good. She worked with us to design a totally unique and personal cake that matched the feel and the decor of our reception flawlessly. During our time working together, one of the kindest things Jenny did was allow us to use her gorgeous cake stand free of charge, provided we were able to return it to her office within a few weeks. Her pricing was extremely fair too, especially due to her popularity in my area. I expected to pay much more than I did for 200+ guests. Jenny was a preferred vendor of our venue, and its very clear why. Do not hesitate to give Jenny your business, she will not disappoint!

Jenny was wonderful to work with and made an amazing cake for us! I asked for a s'mores cake, and she just made it work. She went above and beyond and made sure that I never worried about a thing.

Anna · Married on 07/03/2015

Our cake from Jenny’s was fabulous. Jenny is so friendly and easy to work with, when I described my vision for our cake she knew exactly what I was looking for. The hardest part was picking flavors, as she has so many wonderful flavors to choose from. We actually asked for one layer in funfetti and she delivered with no problems! Our guests absolutely loved the cake, and we could not have been happier!

Karen · Married on 05/30/2015

The wedding cake serves as a centerpiece for your wedding, and if you go with Jenny's Wedding Cakes, you will have one of the most beautiful and delicious focal points! We went with a traditional white buttercream cake, with some piped lace detail and fresh peonies. It was absolutely stunning! Our flavors were bittersweet chocolate and limoncello, both of which were decadent. It was hard to stop eating the leftovers and save the top for the 1st year anniversary :)

Maureen · Married on 02/10/2015

I LOVED my wedding cake! It looked exactly like the photo inspiration I had sent to Jenny and more importantly, it was delicious! My guests raves about the cake and prior to being cut, it made a really nice decor piece for the room! Thanks, Jenny!!

Sent on 02/22/2015

Jenny's Wedding Cakes's reply:

Aw, thank YOU Maureen!!! It is always tricky not meeting in person so I really appreciate the feedback!! Hopefully we will meet someday in person and even better, work together professionally!!! So honored to be a part of your special day , especially since you have access to all the professionals in the Boston area. Congratulations to you both and warmest wishes for a great future together!! Thanks again!!!!!

It was wonderful working with Jenny. She understood immediately what we wanted. We had a cake tasting in a beautiful room. Her cakes were delicious! When she delivered the cake to the reception it was exactly what we wanted. Everybody raved about it, it was out of this world!

Thank you Jenny!!!! Jenny was so professional and easy to talk to , most delicious and fun part of planning our wedding. All I can say is wow !!! Not only was our cake delicious , but it was the most beautiful cake I have ever seen. We recieved so many compliments on the taste and how gorgeous it was , i would recommend anyone planning a special event to try Jenny's .
    Thanks again
    Carmina & Michae

Devin · Married on 08/23/2014

Jenny was recommended to us by our Venue, Wedding Cake is hard to choose because wedding cake is wedding cake. When we met with Jenny she was very inviting and attentive, we were looking for something a bit different then a traditional two or three tiered cake. We decided on three different cakes, displayed separately with all different flavors. The second cake would be two tiers and would be a cohesive look. She showed us different ideas and past cakes as examples. We were able to try several different flavors at our tasting , all delicious ! She also had beautiful stands that she rented to us for free that fit our theme and venue. She dropped off the cakes and set them up the day of without a peep, even the staff at our venue expressed how gorgeous they were ! All of our guests raved about the different cakes all night and weeks later are still taking about how tasty they all were ! I would recommend Jenny's Cakes for any cake needed , not just wedding cakes !

Jenny's Cakes was fabulous! The customer service and the cake was amazing. When you do the tasting, you go to Jenny's beautiful brick house in Amesbury and enjoy a variety of different flavors/types of cakes while she explains everything to you. She also lends you a beautiful silver tray for the cake on your wedding day. The cakes were all delicious, and we loved the strawberry lemon one we ordered.