Jennifer Smutek Photography Reviews

39 Reviews for Jennifer Smutek Photography

• Nicole

Nicole J. · Getting married on 06/26/2021

Best decision we made!

Jennifer was the best decision we made in planning our wedding! Not only were both our engagement and wedding pictures incredible (and that's saying a lot since I'm notoriously unphotgenic), she was a pivotal thought partner for each step.of the way. We were initially excited to find her because shes local and the packages on her website are straightforward and easy.to plan for. Once we met to learn more and see pictures, we knew we needed her to pull off our big day. I'm still in awe that she was willing to make our backyard COVID ceremony that we decided to plan in less than 24 hours! The blog says it all :) We would definitely recommend Jennifer Smuteck photography!

Sent on 07/08/2020

Sara M. · Married on 09/28/2019

Wow.. Jennifer is truly the best

I am so lucky to have had Jennifer Smutek photograph my wedding. Where to begin on how amazing and how forever grateful I am for Jennifer along with her assistant Maria. Outside of her amazing photographs and fun personality, you could feel Jennifer’s passion and love for what she does – and it makes sense because she’s AWESOME at it. During our engagement photos she was rolling around in the grass, running down hills, doing whatever she needed to get those perfect shots. At the wedding she was laying down on the dance floor, holding up light into a moon bounce all to get the perfect picture and capture every moment of the wedding. Her passion radiates through her work.

Throughout the day beyond the photographs, Jennifer and Maria were absolute stars. Jennifer kept me from being probably 4 hours late to my wedding- ha! She kept myself and my bridal party on time and in line throughout the day, something we desperately needed. Maria saved my wedding shoes after the worst thing could happen – they broke hours before walking down the aisle. She even put on my dad’s boutonniere when my mom was struggling with it. All those little things they jumped up to do and help with outside their job were so beyond appreciated, and I’ll never forget it.

Jennifer is a true professional, and if I were to get married again (WHICH I WON’T) I would hire Jennifer without a hesitation in my mind. She was a large part of the successful execution of my wedding, and I am forever grateful. I’ll be recommending Jennifer for as long as I possibly can! Thank you Jennifer & Maria!!

Sent on 10/09/2019

Nicole · Married on 09/14/2019

Best wedding decision we made!

I don't even know where to start with Jennifer and her assistant Maria. They were amazing in every way! They made us both feel totally comfortable being photographed and we had so much fun at our engagement shoot. Jennifer even walked into waist deep water to get an awesome shot! And I don't know how she did it because our dog is a wiggley mess, but the photos she took of us with our furbaby are perfect. She was super flexible--when a storm was coming in the evening we scheduled our sunset engagement shoot she was able to start a couple hours early so we could beat the storm (she also offered to reschedule since there was no sun but we went ahead and did it because it was easier for us to keep the date with our work schedules). And at the wedding they helped out with things that didn't have anything to do with photography. We had a backyard wedding so we were doing a lot of setup ourselves and Maria helped my mom so much. It was clear they really just wanted us to have a perfect day! And the photos!! They are all so beautiful! She set up an awesome shot at the edge of the forest that looks like we're in an enchanted forest. My favorite photos are always candids or slightly staged semi-candids (basically any ones not standing in a line) and she was so good at using all the fun parts of the the property to get lots of different photos! We're both beyond grateful we found Jennifer! If you're on the fence, hire her!

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Maria

Maria C. · Married on 08/07/2019

Hire Jennifer and don't think twice about it!

Jennifer is such a phenomenal photographer, and it shows in the products she produces. She is very professional, and she made it fun and easy to work with her. She makes sure that all the details are handled accordingly, so as a bride I knew I was in good hands. I highly recommend Jennifer and no one else. We are very happy with all our photos, she is simply the BEST! Thank you for everything.

Sent on 09/12/2019

Grace B. · Married on 07/27/2019

Jennifer is an AMAZING wedding photographer

Jennifer was an amazing photographer! We used her for an engagement shoot and for our wedding. She made us feel comfortable and beautiful. She came in with ideas of her own and produced truly gorgeous photos. I HIGHLY recommend Jennifer for your wedding!

Sent on 08/25/2019

Caitlin · Married on 06/22/2019

Jennifer is amazing

When I was looking at photographers for my wedding I met with a few and none of them stood out like Jennifer. I told her I had a vision of having my engagement shoot at a family property 2 hours away and she jumped right on board at the opportunity to shoot somewhere new. This is when I knew she was passionate and open and just what I was looking for. Then came the engagement shoot. This woman was laying on her stomach in a puddle after a cold rain storm just to get the most perfect shot of me and my fiance. Jennifer works her butt off to get you exactly what you want. Then came the wedding a year later and she blew everyone away with her professionalism and artsy eye. Every picture from that day is perfect and I got such a variety back from her. She captured everyone's raw emotion in her shots and was willing to be flexible whenever I wanted something specific. I will cherish those photos forever! We received so many compliments from both the wedding party and guests about just how incredible she really is. I cannot recommend Jennifer enough.

Sent on 06/28/2019

Rach B. · Married on 06/22/2019

Excellent experience!

I can't say enough good things about working with Jennifer - she was the best hire of our whole wedding! We met with a lot of photographers before we decided to pick Jennifer - we picked he, not only because her photos are amazing, but also because she was just a really cool person to spend time with (which is important since you'll be spending 8+ hours with a photographer that day!). We are not photo people so it was key to us to get a photographer who was able to bring out our most photogenic selves while also making us feel comfortable, something Jennifer excelled at beyond what we imagined. She was super flexible both in scheduling our engagement shoot and day-of when we needed to find alternate locations for some of the formal pictures. Her turnaround time is also great - we got pictures back from our engagement shoot and wedding within weeks and they were all stunning. Her prices were very reasonable given her services.

Sent on 07/05/2019

Stephanie · Married on 05/26/2019

Wonderful experience!

Let me just say that Jennifer and her assistant, Maria, are the BEST people to work with. Jennifer is personable and professional and her work is beautiful. She makes you and your partner feel comfortable from the very first email/phone call, and really knows what she is doing. The engagement session was a lot of fun to do, and they get to know how to really work with us as a couple, getting every shot we could. Day of the wedding she went above and beyond, keeping track of the schedule, making sure we got the pictures we wanted, without being pushy. They even helped with my dress when it needing some pinning up in the back. Jennifer's work is worth every penny from start to finish, and you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 06/25/2019

Jennifer · Married on 04/27/2019

Professional. Personable. Artistic.

Professional. Personable. Artistic. The accolades to describe Jen are innumerable. We couldn't have been happier with her photography and her personal touch. From our initial meeting to the final product, Jen was terrific! Her assistant, Maria, was also a delight. We recommend Jen without hesitation.

Sent on 06/11/2019

Kelly M. · Married on 10/20/2018

Best Photographer Ever!

We had Jennifer photograph our backyard wedding in October, and we are beyond thrilled with the service and products we received. Before even getting started with any photo taking, she met us for coffee and really got to know us individually, us as a couple, and the things we were looking for from her. Our complimentary engagement session was so awesome! Although the weather wasn’t as perfect as we would have liked for our sunrise session, she exceeded our expectations and used her craft to take incredible photos, and also made us more comfortable. Having Jennifer photograph our wedding was one of the best wedding choices we made. She documented every beautiful moment of our day from the set-up and details, to our friends and family, and to all of the love we were feeling that day. We could not have imagined going through this experience with anyone else! Thank you so much!

Sent on 01/21/2019

Natalie · Married on 07/01/2018

You NEED to hire Jennifer :)

Jennifer is one of the best choices we made in planning our wedding. Because my husband is a different skin color than I am -- I was looking for a photographer that was able to photograph both of us well in day and night lighting. I looked through her previous work and I was pleased with what she is able to do.

The photos came out BEAUTIFUL, we get so many compliments on them and she was able to produce them quickly!

Jennifer and Maria were an amazing team on the wedding day, being able to wrangle people for photos, being organized about the shots and the timeline and being friendly and assertive to get the shots that we wanted accomplished. She had bobby pins and extra things just handy to help out during the day. She was just the best helper we had on the day of and we didn't have a wedding planner and they were just SUPERSTARS!

In terms of planning Jennifer was SUPER communicative and was always able to answer questions promptly. Her planning questionnaire was helpful as well. She would always inform me if she was going to be away ahead of time and she was always warm in answering all of my questions and concerns.

The complementary engagement photo shoot was a great way to get to know her and be comfortable with her and Maria during the wedding day.

Overall, Jennifer and Maria EXCEEDED my expectations. We have beautiful photos of our day and they worked tirelessly to make the day special. We really enjoyed working with her and my family liked having her there as well.

Sent on 07/23/2018
  • W

Wynn · Married on 05/12/2018

Jennifer brought more than photographic ninja skills to our engagement and wedding sessions. As part of our package, we had a complimentary engagement session. She and Maria (assistant) were willing to navigate the congested crowds of Baltimore's Light City in order to give us artistic and romantic shots. Needless to say, we had a blast!

We had a non-traditional "pop-up" style wedding and she helped us keep on track by providing a timeline and questionnaire to help us better organize our special day. While we had a fantastic outdoor ceremony and reception, we had a few weather issues and Jennifer made everything work for us, and look good to boot!

We really can't say enough good things about her, and look forward to working with her in the future.

THANK YOU JENNIFER AND MARIA!!!

Sent on 05/28/2018

Amy · Married on 09/17/2017

Working with Jennifer is a great experience! We did a wedding portrait session and she listened to our ideas. She has a real eye for lighting and colors. She is quick with responses/emails. She was energetic and excited to work with us. I felt like I was her only client even though she is busy! She responded to emails right away and is very easy to work with. The quality of pictures is just what I expected. Beautiful! HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Sent on 09/28/2017

Michele · Married on 08/05/2017

Jennifer was our wedding photographer and they turned out beautiful! She is very professional and very easy to work with. We got married in August, and even though our services were done, she sent us a personalized ornament with our wedding photos. She is accommodating and a top notch photographer, and I cannot recommend her enough.

Sent on 01/13/2018

Meg · Married on 12/21/2016

It's hard to even find the words to express how much my husband and I love Jennifer's work. I'd followed her photography after she photographed a destination wedding of a friend years ago and when we found ourselves starting to plan our own wedding, we were beyond thrilled to book her. We knew from the start that our elopement plans on a farm, with horses, were slightly unconventional but Jennifer was a fan straight away. Our engagement photos were easy and fun. We were comfortable immediately--and this is saying a lot. My husband is not someone who likes his photos taken but even he was happy and relaxed. We felt like ourselves and spent so much time laughing. Jennifer was so considerate and kept our engagement shoot quiet until we were ready to announce to our friends. She even made sure not to mention our elopement plans when she blogged about everything. This is such a seemingly small detail but really meant a lot to us. Our elopement followed suit and Jennifer again kept things quiet for a few days so we could announce our marriage on Christmas Eve. Our photos are beautiful and pure magic and best of all, we look happy, relaxed and like ourselves. It's the perfect mix of the photography skill we'd hoped for and the fun we had that day. Jennifer was easy to communicate with, very attentive, considerate of our needs, and paid attention to the details that meant the most to us. Her skill is incredible. We couldn't recommend her more.

Sent on 12/30/2016

Maggie · Married on 07/16/2016

Jennifer is an AMAZING photographer! Both our engagement shoot and our wedding pictures were absolutely stunning. She is so sweet and so much fun to be around. She is very professional and organized and is so creative in her ideas for the photos. She is also very accommodating and will give you exactly what you want! If you want an all around wonderful experience with a photographer who will also give you the most incredible pictures then go with Jennifer!

Sent on 07/30/2016

Nick · Married on 04/01/2016

My wife and I started out wanting to have a simple and easy wedding and as I'm sure everyone finds out a significant amount of planning goes into even the smallest of weddings. Between the caterers, and venue planning it really started to wear on us. Fortunately for us choosing Jen as our wedding photographer made the photography part of the planning super easy. After hearing what we wanted Jen had a plan for action. Any gaps that we were missing from the shots we wanted Jen knew how to fill. Not only did she make every request happen she was willing to help out in every way possible. Although we kept our wedding simple the most important part to us was still the wedding photos. Not only did they come out spectacular and so much better than expected but Jen managed to catch everything I envisioned in the photos and more. My wife and I plan to one day move out of state and so we really wanted to capture the beauty of Baltimore to always remember where we fell in love. Thanks to Jen every photograph has the feeling of the great Charm City like we envisioned. Not once did we feel interrupted or taken away from the moment of our special day. Receiving the photos was just as special because of Jen's attention to detail with an unexpected beautiful presentation when our package of photos arrived in the mail. Every picture that we hoped for turned out fantastic for us to share with our friends and family for years to come. People are constantly commenting how they wish they had wedding photos like ours! I can't recommend Jen enough to be the one to capture your special day and I want to give another special thanks to Jen for making our day better than we could have ever hoped for! Thank you Jen!

Sent on 05/05/2016

Jennifer Smutek is awesome to work with on every level - she is professional, talented, friendly, and organized.

Sent on 01/19/2016

Rick · Married on 10/10/2015

Jennifer was incredible! Planning our wedding was one of the most stressful
    events ever! But choosing Jennifer as our photographer took a huge chunk of
    stress off of my plate. From the initial visit to discuss the variety of
    packages she offers, she was wonderful. She is upfront and honest about what
    she can provide and what we were going to get from her. It is rare that you
    meet someone who makes you feel so comfortable from the get-go and Jennifer
    did just that. She was so easy to work with and went out of her way to work
    with our insane schedules. She provided so many beautiful photos from our
    engagement session, rehearsal dinner and wedding (and trust we are the worst
    models ever haha)! We received our photos in such a timely manner and on the
    day of our wedding she could not have made us or our families/friends feel
    more relaxed. She followed our timeline more perfect than you can imagine
    and her Zen personality kept everyone cool and calm. We loved every single
    thing about working with Jennifer. Her professionalism and desire to provide
    exceptional service along with beautiful photos makes her the perfect
    photographer for any and all events! Because of her our wedding year will
    live on forever and we can't thank her enough!

Sent on 12/18/2015

Andrea · Married on 10/04/2015

Where should I even begin?! From our initial meeting well more than a year before our wedding, to email correspondence far after our wedding, I could not be more thrilled with Jennifer and her overall kindness and generosity demonstrated toward my husband and I. We knew that our wedding would be a bit different, as we had to be particularly resourceful with our small budget, and having to fund nearly everything on our own as full-time students. Jennifer could have easily turned us away when we said that we did not need 8 full hours of coverage, but not only did she roll with our quirky ideas, she helped us develop a wedding-day package just perfect for us and our unique needs! I'm actually getting a bit teary writing this review because Jennifer was truly wonderful to us throughout the whole wedding planning experience, and she provided an empathetic ear when numerous curveballs were thrown our way. This was particularly true when things went awry because of a hurricane and the possibility of postponing or blatantly canceling our wedding all together started becoming a very real possibility. Our images were stunning (this includes our engagement photos as well), Jennifer was professional, kind, and punctual, and I would recommend her over and over again!

Sent on 12/14/2015

Sarah · Married on 07/03/2015

Jennifer was so much fun to work with! She was able to capture our personality through her pictures, and made sure my husband and I were comfortable with the game plan for our engagement photo session and the day of wedding pictures. She responded very quickly to any question I had, and had a time line for both our engagement session and the day of our wedding which made the day less chaotic. We also got to view our pictures from both our engagement session and the wedding just a few weeks after - which is unheard of! It was so much fun working with Jennifer, and we are so happy we were able to relive our wedding day through her pictures! Highly recommend her!!

Sent on 07/28/2015

Khristina · Married on 06/27/2015

I met Jennifer when she was recommended to me from a friend. I'm so glad I decided to have Jen work with myself and my husband on our engagement photos and again on our wedding day. Jen was always available when I needed to talk with her via phone/text/email and always responded in a timely manner. We originally decided to work with Jennifer due to her professionalism and portfolio but we knew we made the right decision when we saw her work. Her photography skills are nothing short of spectacular and she really knows how to catch the moment. Jen was prepared for every scenario, like when I locked my keys in the car during our engagement photo shoot and again when it rained during our wedding day. She was also very calm during these situations which definitely helped this anxious bride bring it back to reality lol. I would most definitely recommend Jennifer to any bride and I will definitely want to work with her in the future!

-Kacey

Sent on 07/26/2015

Courtney · Married on 06/06/2015

My husband and I really enjoyed our experience with Jennifer! She is an extremely talented photographer and couldn't be nicer. Jennifer is down to earth, she is so sweet. We love her, and she will now remain a friend to us for life! After I met Jennifer and looked through her photos, I knew she was the one for our wedding day. I couldn't imagine spending our big day with a better person! Jennifer made the whole process very easy for us. Her schedule was very flexible. She always sent me emails to either say hello, or to see if I needed any help with the wedding. Jennifer is very organized, which was a top priority for us. Every little detail of our wedding day was written down. She provided us with a timeline of events and a list of important photos that we requested. She was very efficient and quick at taking photos at the church and venue after our ceremony. I had expressed that I wanted to make it to at least 20 to 30 minutes of our cocktail hour--we made it and still got every single photo we wanted! My family and I are beyond pleased with all of the photos Jennifer and her assistant, Brea, took of our wedding. I highly recommend Jennifer for a wedding photographer. Everything was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 08/21/2015

Alexis · Married on 12/14/2014

Jennifer was an amazing part of our wedding. With everything going on during the planning process, it's refreshing to have someone that's so poised and efficient. Not once did we worry about what we're supposed to do, or where we needed to be. She organized everything so well and didn't miss a thing.

The photos are fantastic! Exactly what we wanted. The color, composition, and quality of our pictures are top notch. Everything from our decorations to the sparkler send off are captured. Not a moment missed. The traditional portraits and special moments are all great of course. However, it's the more artistic photos like the non first look and black and white that really make Jennifer Smutek Photography so great.

We highly recommend!

Sent on 01/06/2015

Melissa · Married on 12/13/2014

Gosh, where to even begin about our Jennifer? To be quite honest, the photos speak for themselves. The quality, the creativity, it was completely perfect. We have received nothing but extraordinary compliments on our wedding photos. But in addition to Jen capturing the most radiant, fun, and elegant moments on our big day, it was the BEST to work with her personally leading up to our wedding day. Jen created a relationship and unique bond with us in order to make our day magical, the formal photo process flow flawlessly, and most importantly to make us 100% comfortable and calm the whole entire day. We have heard stories about people getting pulled in 101 different directions on their wedding day but we never felt that way with Jen. She digs a little deeper and discovers what exactly you want and envision, throws in amazing ideas of her own, and comes out making beautiful memories that you will treasure forever! She was also very honest which we loved. Once you're on that home stretch before your big day, sometimes you need some direction from others. Jen provided us with an extremely detailed and super helpful timeline. My husband and I had many ideas for our big day that included different photo ideas, but that was when we thought we had all the time in the world (and most people will tell you your day flies by). She would give us a red flag if she thought there might be an issue, but we completely appreciated her honesty and looking back we know certain things would have taken away from spending more time with our family and friends. Jen also captured our engagement photos which were so much fun! She makes you so relaxed and so comfortable and personally I think that is very very important to find in a wedding photographer...and we are so thankful she was a part of our big day!!

Sent on 01/22/2015