Jennifer Luu Reviews

90 | Houston, TX

90 Reviews for Jennifer Luu

• Connie

Connie · Married on 12/23/2018

Jennifer Luu - Story teller extraordinaire!

I don’t even know where to begin! We first met up with Jennifer right when we got engaged. As soon as we met with her - we just knew we wanted her to officiate our wedding! The way Jennifer told our story was so beautiful, unique, and with so much love/emotion. We had so many guests come up to us to tell us how great she was and that it was one of the best wedding ceremonies they have been to. Thank you so much Jennifer for telling our love story and for being apart of it. There is no one else we would chosen than you.

Sent on 01/08/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 11/02/2018

our favorite part of our wedding day

It is hard to find the words to express our gratitude to Jennifer for the amazing ceremony she gave us. From the time we met Jennifer, she instilled great confidence in us that she would make our ceremony capture our story and our love, and she absolutely delivered. Jennifer seamlessly wove together our story based on answers to questions she gave us that my husband and I answered independently of one another. She told our story in a way we had not heard and certainly that our guests had not heard. In addition to telling our story, Jennifer suggested other special elements for our ceremony such as a “warming of the rings.” This was a beautiful way to engage our guests in the ceremony. At least half of the notes left by guests in our guest book made reference to the beautiful ceremony, and countless people remarked throughout the night and even the days that followed about it. Some of the adjectives people used included “captivating”, “unique”, “touching”, and “beautiful.” Several guests told us that they do not usually cry but had a hard time holding back tears during our ceremony.

The ceremony was absolutely our favorite part of our wedding, and will be what we remember most when we look back on our wedding day. Hiring Jennifer was the best decision we made for our wedding. There are a hundred good options for each type of wedding vendor, but there is no officiate like Jennifer. We are blessed to have had her be a part of our wedding day.

Sent on 11/07/2018

A. Juenke · Married on 10/06/2018

Highly Recommended!

Jennifer Luu was so well prepared! It seemed as though she'd known my son and son in law for years. She truly captured their love story. Her humor was appropriately placed. Everyone was highly engaged throughout the entire ceremony. Everyone commented on how wonderful she was. They said that she was one of the best officiants that they'd ever heard.

Sent on 10/22/2018
  • Joe

Joe Adame · Married on 10/06/2018

Unforgetable in the Best possible way

I was so wrapped up in the glitz and frivolous details that go into a wedding, we had totally put off finding an Officiant, basically the lynchpin in making a marriage legal. Everyone just cares about cake and drinks I thought. I figured it would be no big deal, you just get someone to read a few legal words and boom done, no ones going to remember it anyway, right? Well, I am so glad my coordinator recommended Jennifer. THANKFULLY she was actually available that day. Jennifer took the time to get to know us and our story and was able to really incorporate it into our ceremony. Anyone can read some words but she really is a story teller and there were laughs and tears in all the right places. It made it ceremony incredibly personable and memorable. It set the tone for the entire wedding, and while everything about the the wedding was great, I can't tell you how many times I heard that, that was the absolute best ceremony, or THAT was my favorite part of the night. No small compliment I assure you! You know it's good when everyone asks how long she'd been our friend! Theres a lot about that night that is a blur, but two weeks later and the ceremony still makes me get the feels. Can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 10/24/2018
  • Zamantha

Zamantha · Married on 09/14/2018

I am so glad I decided to go with Jennifer. Right away it seemed like she understood what kind of ceremony we were looking for. It was personal and it was exactly us. She really wanted to know who we were as a couple and it translated perfectly during the ceremony. I would highly recommend her!!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Faith · Married on 04/14/2018

The ceremony was so beautiful and described us as a couple perfectly. So many people came up and complimented us on the ceremony and normally that’s the boring part for people! I could not have asked for anything better!!!

Sent on 04/26/2018

Kelli · Married on 01/27/2018

Jennifer Luu is an amazing officiant! We went with her after a bit of searching and meetings. When we first met, she was very personable and professional, making us feel at ease that our ceremony was in great hands. There are so many other things to worry about! She took our story and crafted a beautiful, hilarious, unforgettable ceremony, that was so meaningful for us and our friends and family. We had many people let us know afterward how much they loved her words. She was definitely one of the best decisions we made for our wedding, couldn’t have been happier.

Sent on 02/28/2018

Sarah · Married on 01/13/2018

Jennifer was FANTASTIC throughout the entire process. Her ceremony speech captured our relationship so beautifully highlighting key relationship moments, and keeping the crowd smiling and laughing the whole time. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 01/21/2018

Leah · Married on 10/08/2017

Jennifer was awesome! She made our ceremony very personalable the way she took both our views of our relationship and made them into one cohesive story was amazing! Thank you so much Jennifer!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Heather · Married on 08/12/2017

I still have no idea how Jennifer did it… she made it seem like she had known my husband and I for years, when we had only met her about a week before our wedding. She has an ingenious way of meeting and getting to know couples. My husband and I put together a wedding in about 10 days, and within a week, she put together a ceremony that perfectly captured our story and the spirit of "us." This was expert level stuff. If anyone needs a fabulous officiant, it doesn't get better than Jennifer! She put in the work to make sure that everything was perfect. Our family asked her where in the world she found her… and commended her for her delivery and story-telling. She is incredible! She made it very clear from the start that she respected the personal choices we wanted within our ceremony… she was accommodating in every way. And she shared advice from her personal experience, which was really useful too. I would recommend her to everyone who wants a professional officiant who delivers the perfect personal ceremony!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Melissa · Married on 05/20/2017

We wanted our wedding ceremony to be special, personalized, unique, memorable, and not like the typical ceremony. My fiance and I are not religious so we didn't want that stuff to be part of our ceremony either. We are so happy we found Jennifer Luu! Our ceremony was absolutely beautiful, unique, special, and beyond memorable not only for my fiance and I but for EVERYONE who attended. It was everything we dreamed it would be and more! Every single person came up to us afterwards and said Jennifer was amazing and that it was the best, most beautiful, most personable wedding ceremony they had ever been to! Everyone said they loved how much laughter was involved, and of course tears of joy. They all said it was the first ceremony they attended where they laughed for real and teared-up/cried for real. Everyone's favorite part was the warming of the rings. Jennifer was the first thing we booked when we started planning our wedding and thank goodness bc she recommended our wedding planner and from there our wedding formed into the most perfect wedding we ever dreamed of! I would choose Jennifer time and time again. She's knowledgeable about traditional and non-traditional ceremonies and has really neat ideas/suggestions, she's very accepting and encouraging of what you want and don't want involved in your ceremony, and her storytelling is what transforms her ceremonies into something even more special! She's very helpful, patient, understanding, and professional throughout the entire journey and afterwards. Thank you, Jennifer, for everything! <3 SIDE NOTE to brides/grooms: I 100% recommend including the warming of the rings in your ceremony w/ Jennifer. I had never seen/heard anything like it until she mentioned it to us. It is beautifully unique and your guests will love it bc it will make them feel personally important to you guys on your big day and that their presence truly matters (which of course it does but this just reminds them of that on an even deeper level).

Sent on 05/31/2017

Brett · Married on 05/14/2017

Jennifer officiated our wedding in Spring 2017 and did a fantastic job. She made us comfortable through the whole process, took the time to put together very thoughtful remarks, and really nailed it on the big day. A number of our friends and family remarked how good Jennifer was!

Sent on 06/11/2017

Alex · Married on 03/18/2017

Jennifer is simply an awesome person! Like our other vendors, I wish I could give her a 10-STAR rating. She's so easy to talk to, very personable and she makes you feel like you have been friends with her for a while. Her way of doing ceremonies was right up our alley and decided to meet with her. Once we met, we felt so right with moving forward with her, and it was all that we envisioned. Our guests really loved our ceremony and how it told "our story", and shared the little details about us. Honestly, there simply couldn't have been anyone better to marry us on our day! Thank you so much, Jennifer!

Sent on 05/02/2017

Karla · Married on 02/10/2017

Jennifer could not have been more perfect for our wedding. She took the time to get to know us and had us answer questions in great detail to make the ceremony as personal as possible. It reflected who me and my husband are really like including the details of "our love story". I highly recommend her!

Sent on 02/21/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 01/06/2017

Jennifer was our officiant for our January 6, 2017 wedding. Bottom line: she was just fantastic to work with. From the first time we met her, we could tell that she was both super organized and genuinely invested in making the ceremony a unique and special experience for us. During the planning process, she struck a good balance between offering suggestions based on her past experience and incorporating our simple (but non-traditional) vision for the ceremony. When it came to the actual ceremony service, we couldn't have asked for more. Her rendition of our story was perfect---light-hearted and funny, but sincere. Many guests told us afterwards that they loved how unique and intimate the ceremony was. We would highly recommend Jennifer as an officiant!

Sent on 01/15/2017

Catherine · Married on 11/05/2016

Jennifer officiated our wedding on 11/5/16 and we couldn't have asked for a better person to tell our story to our friends and family. Neither of us are the best at vocalizing our feelings, so we wanted to hire an expert who could weave our stories into something beautiful and memorable. Jennifer did exactly that. She took our words and made them better. She let our family know our history as a couple, how we got to where we are, and what we love about each other. There were a lot of happy tears (some from me) and several people complimented her on her remarks. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant.

Sent on 11/08/2016

Shelley · Married on 09/03/2016

Jennifer Luu was our wedding officiant 9/3/16. The questionnaire Jennifer provided for us to complete covered every aspect of our story. She presented our story in a very unique way; we laughed, we cried and we shared memories with our guests. Everyone told us they really enjoyed the uniqueness of our ceremony. Jennifer met with us early in our engagement; she's very personable, eager to learn about the couple and help guide you through the ceremony details (most of which we hadn't thought of yet)! Jennifer is available anytime for questions and responds to emails quickly. She helped make our special day even more special than we imagined. Thank you Jennifer!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Florence · Married on 05/28/2016

I absolutely loved working with Rev. Jennifer for our wedding! My husband and I really wanted a unique and special wedding ceremony, and we were blessed to find Jennifer. Actually, we saw her performing at a friend's wedding and thought she was absolutely amazing. When we contacted her, she was always so nice and explained everything she does very clearly. I also enjoyed completing the little questionnaire about how my husband and I met, what we love about each other... And she did such an amazing job at telling our story during the ceremony. In a nutshell, the wedding ceremony was unique and sacred, just like we wanted and we are so grateful for that! Jennifer is such a loving and caring person, I would recommend her to everyone. Thank you so much for your amazing job!

Sent on 06/14/2016

Caroline · Married on 04/24/2016

Rev. Jennifer Luu exceeded every expectation in every sense of the word. She was so on top of everything: from our initial consult, to the pre-wedding process, to running through the order of events as many times as we needed, to giving us every available option so that she could help us build the perfect ceremony, offering sage advice on things we should look out for or be aware of…she was pure exemplary bliss. She really went above and beyond and out of her way to immerse herself in our story and understand the reason behind all of our decisions, making every aspect of our ceremony as personal as possible. Her warm, inviting personality makes it extremely easy to get along with her and trust her instantly; it just adds to the personal touch that we really wanted our wedding to have. On our wedding day, Jennifer continued her streak of being superwoman levels of amazing and was just so incredibly helpful and comforting throughout the whole wedding process. Any questions we had, Jennifer had all the answers in the timeliest fashion. The icing on the cake though was how expertly, divinely, and perfectly she delivered our ceremony. There is literally no one better than Jennifer, and every aspect of the way she carried out the ceremony embodied us, as a couple, so extraordinarily well – romantic, unique, and funny. Jennifer's skills as a storyteller and life coach really shine through; without a doubt, this makes her the world’s greatest officiant and truly puts her in an entirely next-level, elite league that is beyond compare. Our friends and family couldn’t stop gushing about how absurdly amazing Jennifer was and commented on just how intimate, personal, and unique the ceremony was. We honestly cannot thank her enough for being so magnificent on our most special day. If you want the best day of your life to be even better, pick Jennifer – she will spin pure magic and make it absolutely unforgettable.

Sent on 05/19/2016

Jennifer was the best!
    My husband and I were relatively concerned about how we, as a non-religious gay couple could find our perfect officiant in Houston, TX. A judge seemed so impersonal, and a minister felt insincere. After much searching we found Jennifer on Weddingwire, and from the very beginning she was polite, sincere, engaged, and prompt. She was able to get lots of information out of my husband, who isn’t much of a talker, and me in order to create our lovely and moving vows. So many of our friends and family told us they had never seen a ceremony quite like ours and they loved it! A few asked how long had we been friends and were shocked that we only met her a few months ago, thanks to her very intuitive questions for us. We would recommend her to anyone looking for a less than traditional wedding ceremony.

Sent on 04/26/2016

Jennifer was an amazing officiant. I knew I wanted to have a non denominational ceremony without any religious readings and was very nervous about being able to find a officiant who could deliver this for us and still stretch it out to 30 minutes and keep our guests engaged. All of our guests loved the ceremony, she did a fantastic job of telling the story of how we met and feel in love. My guests said it was one of the most unique ceremonies they'd ever been to and they really enjoyed hearing the progression of our relationship. I have nothing but praise for Jennifer! We are so happy we choose to book her. She was a pleasure to work with, quick to respond, and very professional. My husband and I tried up multiple times throughout the ceremony, it was really beautiful. We also used her for a few couple therapy type sessions before the wedding too. It was a good way to get to know her and her style and for her to her to know us more personally too. She really helped us to talk out some things we hadn't thought of before getting married, she's a great referee and knows how to work out some tense or uncomfortable situations. I'm thrilled with my experience with Jennifer, book her now you'll love her!

Sent on 04/11/2016

Chelsea · Married on 03/12/2016

Jennifer was awesome and truly created a ceremony that was uniquely us. We were so happy with the entire process and would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 03/19/2016

Karesha · Married on 02/28/2016

I cried during our ceremony. Jennifer did such a wonderful job and we were so pleased. The ceremony was so important to us and we really wanted to be able to let our loved ones know our story. SHE DEFINITELY DELIVERED! There was laughter and tears; all of it coming from such a warm place. She is well worth the money! If you want a wedding ceremony that allows your family and friends to truly be present and be a part of the experience then she is the one you should choose. She is professional, detailed, and puts love and excellence into her work. I am glad we didn't budge on our decision when we found her! In short, she is amazing and we love her!

Sent on 02/29/2016

Robert · Married on 12/19/2015

We highly recommend Jennifer for a wedding officiant. She was very easy to work with and did an amazing job with the ceremony! Several of our guests came up to us after the ceremony and told us how great she was.

Sent on 01/12/2016

Fawn · Married on 11/14/2015

I didn't want the run of the mill canned wedding blah blah blah... and so I picked the perfect person to give us something else. She worked with us to create a unique ceremony and it was a show stunner.

Jennifer put together a ceremony with information about us and who we are. She told our guests how we met and what we loved about each other. She put together something really special and we loved it and our guests loved it. So many people commented on how lovely the ceremony was and how they learned something new about us.

Thank you, Jennifer - for making the ceremony so much fun and so sweet.

Sent on 11/17/2015