Jennifer Luu Reviews

90 | Houston, TX

90 Reviews for Jennifer Luu

Tessa S. · Getting married on 04/02/2022

Incredible wedding officiant

If you want a non-traditional wedding ceremony, you should definitely consider Jennifer Luu to officiate the wedding. We really had no idea how to find an officiant for our wedding, but we knew that we wanted something non-traditional. After lots of Google searches we came across Jennifer Luu and some videos of her work and we were instantly intrigued. We had a very nice phone conversation to make sure that she would be a good fit for us and we knew right away that we wanted Jennifer to be part of our team. Jennifer Luu is an amazing storyteller. She interviewed us separately and then used the results to personalize our wedding ceremony. She also helped us to involve our loved ones in the ceremony in a few ways including blessing of the rings, community vows and an exchanging of peace – we didn’t know what to expect with this last one, but the room erupted as people turned to one another to show a sign of peace to each other with a hand shake or a hug. It was INCREDIBLE and almost brought me to tears. Jennifer made the ceremony so special for us and we absolutely loved listening to her share our story with our families and friends. Months later and our friends and family are still raving about the ceremony – it was so unique and many have never experienced such a ceremony and they absolutely loved how unique and personal it was. Thank you Jennifer for making our wedding so memorable and so personal – we can’t wait for the video so that we can relive that ceremony all over again!

Sent on 05/24/2020

Jenna Simmons · Getting married on 03/04/2021

AMAZING officiant!

Jennifer did an AMAZING job at our ceremony. She told our story so beautifully, and made it as unique as we are. She went through all of the details with us thoroughly before the wedding and made us feel very comfortable with what we wanted to share during the ceremony, which was very important to us as an LGBT couple. We would absolutely recommend Jennifer!!

Sent on 05/18/2019
  • Thanh

Thanh Tran · Married on 09/02/2020

Wedding Made More Beautiful By the Words Spoken

We knew that we wanted a memorable ceremony, but we didn't know how to do it ourselves. Who better to give the ceremony task to than someone who is not just an officiant, but a writer? At first glance you might wonder how this small woman with a somewhat squeaky voice will carry out the ceremony, but Jennifer did it very well. Her fee is a bit more than other officiants, and it was worth every penny.

It's important to know that what you will get from Jennifer relies on what you give to her. If you're not ready to tell or write to her about your relationship, then you might not get the glorious story that you hope for ;). She will ask you questions and you should be generous with providing information. She will use your words to weave a story for your guests.

On the big day, Jennifer showed up early, checked with me about little details, and gave me space when I needed it. She was a professional who knew what she was doing, and she didn't need any instructions. She was articulate and read every word loudly, clearly, and confidently in the large room. Before the wedding I thought that I would remember the reception and the one-on-one interactions the most, but it was definitely the ceremony that was the highlight of my experience. For many guests, it was also a delightful part of their experience! Our wedding took place in a beautiful venue which was made even more beautiful by the words spoken there. Thank you, Jennifer.

Sent on 02/12/2020

Marci Deuth · Married on 08/14/2020

Jennifer was outstanding!

My fiancé (now husband) is Canadian, and in order to be together due to Covid border restrictions we had to accelerate our wedding plan...and had only 10 days to put it all together. Rather than just go to the courthouse, we wanted something special, and are so happy we found Jennifer! She was incredible and flexible, zoomed with us to hear our story and personalize our ceremony, and we could not have asked for anything better. It was magical, personal, romantic, customized to exactly what we wanted, and just lovely. Highly recommend Jennifer's services!

Sent on 09/10/2020
  • Samantha

Samantha Parker · Married on 08/08/2020

Incredible

I was in a rush to try and find a minister after mine was unavailable. With the state of the world right now, I knew I wanted someone reliable, trustworthy and who could handle my elopement as well as my immediate family with grace. Ms. Jennifer is all those things and more and the speech she gave at my ceremony meant so much to all of us. Thank you for being there and for continuing to be a model of Houston excellent and acceptance. If you are looking for someone who is full of compassion and understanding look no further!! Thanks for all that you do for people getting married, even during a global pandemic. We will never forget how special you made our little gathering!

Sent on 08/12/2020
  • Robert

Robert · Married on 07/18/2020

A Fairytale Love Story

Jennifer Luu was professional and punctual. She did a miraculous job of captivating and mesmerizing my family and friends as she articulated the Fairytale love story of my husband and I. Which was funny and sweet, but will definitely have you and your love ones eyes watering. She definitely made it a day that I will never forget and I highly recommend her.

Sent on 08/01/2020

Chloe Walker · Married on 07/02/2020

Jennifer helped us make our ceremony uniquely ours

We are so happy that Jennifer was a part of our wedding ceremony. From the beginning she helped us with ideas and options for how to make our ceremony personal and unique to our values and vision. She is responsive and professional and super easy and fun to work with. Her remarks during our ceremony made it so incredibly personal; she took our words and sentiments and shared them with our loved ones in an artful and beautiful way, with just the right amount of comic relief. We couldn't be happier with how our ceremony turned out because Jennifer was involved!

Sent on 02/17/2020
  • Amy

Amy Alderman · Married on 04/05/2020

Wedding 5/16/19

Jennifer was one of the best decisions we made about our wedding. My wife and I initially planned to do a court wedding, but decided that we wanted the opportunity to share our vows and have a more intimate/personalized ceremony. Jennifer did exactly that, with less than 2 months notice. She was easy and quick to communicate with, and the questionnaire we filled out allowed her to create such a memorable ceremony. Our guests even commented on how they learned a lot about us from what she said. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Sam Moore · Married on 02/15/2020

A ceremony to remember!

When we decided to plan our wedding in two months, there were a LOT of decisions to make, and quickly! Secular weddings can be tricky w/ no built in ritual/format, so my (now) husband and I spent some time thinking about/designing a ceremony that felt meaningful and personal, and hunting on the inter-webs for someone to execute it. After finding Jennifer online, we met up with her in Houston where she walked us through her format of providing us w/ a questionnaire and building our "story" from the answers. We especially liked that, on such a condensed timeline, she was willing to roll with the non traditional ceremony elements we'd settled on (a hands blessing, wine ceremony, etc.), as well as providing some suggestions of her own. We signed on the dotted line, submitted our answers to her questionnaire (written separately, sight unseen), and a month later, at the rehearsal, she was calm and warm and reassured everyone about the flow & format of the day to come.

On our wedding day, the ceremony was wonderful. Most our family and friends shed (many) tears (a big win), and many people commented that it was the most personal and distinct ceremonies they'd witnessed. We had numerous people comment afterwards that knowing our "story" (largely made up of our verbatim answers) helped them appreciate the rest of the ceremony in a deeper way.

We're so glad we chose Jennifer to officiate. With her in the driver's seat, the two of us were able to fully relax and savor the moment. She delivered a beautiful, memorable ceremony that we and our families will always treasure!

Sent on 03/01/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 11/09/2019

Best. Officiant. Ever

We pretty much knew we wanted Jennifer to officiate us from reading reviews, and then she was even recommended to us by a couple of vendors. I reached out to her, and Jennifer responded quickly. We set up a meeting, and my now husband and I met her. She was very informative in her process, and we had the timeline scheduled out pretty much from the first meeting. It was a done deal for us once we met her. We all instantly connected and knew she would be the best officiant for us when our special day came. I would have to say hands down our ceremony was the best part of the entire day. She captured me and my husband's personality and story perfectly. We had so many people come up to us complimenting how Jennifer captured us so well that they thought she had been in our lives from the beginning. I can't thank Jennifer enough for how special she made our day. Every review I've read and along with my review is an understatement of how amazing it was to have Jennifer officiate our wedding.

Sent on 12/10/2019

Jessie Lynus · Married on 10/26/2019

Best Officiant, NICEST PERSON, Well Worth the Money!

I found Jennifer online based on her excellent reviews and she did NOT disappoint! I was very pleased with her professionalism and her communication. She gave us all the necessary information on how to conduct the ceremony and what we needed to do. She is an incredibly kind person and gave us tips on how to make a wonderful ceremony. I fully believe everyone should have her come marry them!!! SHE"S AWESOME!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Kyle Eubanks · Married on 10/12/2019

Highlight of our wedding

Jennifer was spectacular! Her ability to connect with us and understand our story, then communicate it to all of our family and friends was incredible. We had dozens of our guests comment on how special her ceremony made the experience for them,

Sent on 10/23/2019

Sergio R · Married on 10/06/2019

Fantastic Job for multicultural wedding

Finding a non religious officiant to host a wedding was extremely difficult. However, Jennifer did a fantastic job. Her cadence of speech in telling our humorous stories as a couple left the audience laughing to tears.

My mother said in all the weddings she attended she had never felt so impressed as with Jennifer’s ceremony.

Totally worth the cost. Hands down.

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • John

John Hancock · Married on 09/14/2019

Faiza and John

Jennifer officiated our wedding at The Dunlavy in Houston a few days ago. The ceremony was outstanding. Jennifer told a wonderfully moving rendition of our story that captivated us and the congregation. Pretty much every one of our 100 guests commented that the ceremony was the most moving and beautiful that they had ever attended.
    Working with Jennifer was a joy. We met and discussed what we wanted and what we did not, then worked on the questions that she sent us… “our homework”…. and the result on the day was absolutely unbelievable.
    If you want a truly memorable, uniquely personal wedding, you have to have Jennifer as your officiant. We cannot recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 09/18/2019

Sam Hargrove · Married on 08/17/2019

Jennifer is awesome

Jennifer is one of the best, most professional officiants my wife and I could have asked for at our wedding. When you meet with her, she is one of the most easy going people you could ever meet, and it makes for a great relationship between couple and officiant. Her process for getting to know you is also simple, yet so effective on the big day. She plays wonderfully to the couple's style, seamlessly weaving in stories about how the couple met, significant events if your relationship, and what you two mean to each other now and in the future. My wife and I would recommend Jennifer to anyone looking for an officiant in the Houston area.

Sent on 08/25/2019

Peter · Married on 07/06/2019

So impressed with Jennifer's service!!

Jennifer is one of the biggest highlights of our wedding. She captured everything about our stories, delivered it perfectly, and blew our guests away with her words! She is professional, experienced, and gave us great tips. She's approachable and very responsive.
    We strongly recommend her to anyone who wants to have a memorable and personal ceremony!

Sent on 07/10/2019

Amanda Cooper · Married on 06/16/2019

The best officiant ever!!

Jennifer is amazing! She made such an incredible and memorable ceremony that we will never forget. Her ability to incorporate our love story into our union was unforgettable. Our guests have been commenting ever since how much they loved the ceremony & Jennifer’s ability to tell our story like they had been there themselves. We also did a warming of the rings, which if you have the opportunity you should definitely take part in! Jennifer takes the time to get to know you as a couple & creates a warm and intimate ceremony for you & your partner (as well as the guests!). I highly recommend Officiant Jennifer Luu—she is the absolute best!!

Sent on 06/28/2019

Katy Kimmel · Married on 06/15/2019

Made our wedding ceremony so special!!

First, Jennifer is so lovely to work with! She met with us multiple times in preparation for our wedding ceremony and made us feel so comfortable. She made our ceremony feel SO personal and genuine. We felt it and many family and friends commented on it as well. I cannot say enough positive things about Jennifer!

Sent on 06/24/2019

Jasmine · Married on 05/04/2019

Best officiant in the game!

Jennifer was very easy to work with. She met with us once and then gave us a questionnaire to complete. She then wrote an incredible speech and delivered it flawlessly. Another awesome thing about Jennifer is how confident and calm she was about everything regarding the ceremony. She's so confident she will inspire confidence in you and make your nerves go away. I would highly recommend her anytime.

Sent on 05/07/2019

Melissa · Married on 04/27/2019

Jennifer Luu officiant

Words cannot express how amazing Jennifer is. She spoke the most beautiful and profound words that made our daughter’s wedding even more special and truly touched everyone’s heart there. We were truly blessed that she officiated the wedding.

Sent on 04/29/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 04/06/2019

A one of a kind ceremony

If you want a unique and personable ceremony Jennifer will definitely deliver that. My fiancé and I met Jenn for coffee after finding her through our wedding planner and I knew right away she was exactly the person I wanted to marry us. We wanted a very thoughtful ceremony not just the typical “let’s rush through this and get to the party”. Jennifer was able to tell everyone in that room how my husband & I met and she was able to convey our love story. She is very detail oriented and was able to take our rambled answers to her questionnaire and put together a story that made sense. We wanted a ceremony that was interactive and Jennifer has great ideas and she was always on the same page as us! On the most important day of your life you want the person that is marrying you to really “hear” what you want as a couple. She always did that! I would throw a new idea for the ceremony at her and I could trust that she would know exactly how to make it her own & I always loved the result! Jennifer is a true professional but she also has a real love for her couples & you can definitely feel that! I would highly recommend any couple who wants a ceremony that everyone will talk about to hire Jennifer!

Sent on 04/26/2019

Shelley · Married on 02/16/2019

Highly Recommend!

We are so thankful we found Jennifer for our ceremony! Jennifer’s style exceeded our expectation! The whole ceremony felt so personal and intimate and sweet. Jennifer is able to stay so poised and professional while conveying so much emotion. So many of our guests commented to us after that it was the most amazing and personal ceremony they have ever attended. We could have never imagined something so personal and perfect for our wedding!

Sent on 02/25/2019

George Samson · Married on 02/09/2019

Beyond Expectations

We engaged Jennifer about two months out from our wedding date and, even though it was somewhat late notice, she accommodated us wonderfully. We were not interested in a traditional, religious ceremony and all of her questions, guidance, and unique approach made us feel confident that her style and technique would rock our big day. Boy were we right. The storytelling ceremony was amazing and had our friends and family laughing and crying the whole time. Given that we had been dating for almost 12 years we had plenty of tales that many of those friends and family were not aware of. I will say that Jennifer's advice to include as many details as possible in our questionnaires was key. The questionnaire was a good amount of work, but we found that completing it was a refreshing way to reflect and recount moments that brought you to your wedding day. She builds a story around your relationship and creates a ceremony that is distinctively and intimately you. Her pace and articulation was incredible. All of the guests were thrilled with the ceremony and everyone we talked to that night had something positive to say. We certainly recommend Jennifer to anyone looking for an officiant.

Sent on 02/17/2019
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 01/26/2019

The perfect ceremony

Jennifer's website promised a ceremony that was personal and meaningful and that's exactly what she delivered. She was so professional and responsive through the whole process. When we booked with her, she provided my fiance and I each a questionnaire to fill out about our relationship; we each filled it out separately and she used our answers to craft a ceremony that told our entire love story. We didn't know what the other person wrote so that part was a little lovely surprise on our wedding day. Afterwards, we got so many compliments from guests who had never attended a ceremony that was so personal to the couple. She was so easy to work with and I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 01/28/2019

Katherine · Married on 01/12/2019

AMAZING- gifted storyteller!!

Jennifer was amazing to work with!! She really was able to get such a good understanding of who we are and it showed through in our ceremony. I’ve been to so many weddings were the ceremony could be about ANYONE- that was not the case with ours!! It was so personal and touching. We could not have been happier with the decision we made when hiring Jennifer. She is a gifted storyteller- book her!!!!!

Sent on 03/07/2019