Jennifer Luu Reviews

98 Reviews for Jennifer Luu

• Jennifer

Jennifer R. · Getting married on 06/10/2022

True Storyteller

We hired Jennifer on a last minute basis. We had discovered and been attracted to her website a few months back...it was always in the back of our minds, and when we finally decided to pull the trigger in the midst of all this COVID madness, she came through big time! She was incredibly accommodating...flexible...and gave us exactly what we wanted.
    We had a video call to make sure we were all on the same page, and then we filled out our questionaires separately at the advice of Jennifer. The story was spectacular...she weaved in both of our thoughts & words....and we laughed and cried at the sweetness of surprise. Jennifer expertly weaved in our marriage plus a blended family ceremony...exactly what we wanted. We would not hesitate to recommend Jennifer to ANYONE wanting a meaningful, emotional ceremonial experience.

Sent on 11/12/2020

Tessa · Getting married on 04/02/2022

Incredible wedding officiant

If you want a non-traditional wedding ceremony, you should definitely consider Jennifer Luu to officiate the wedding. We really had no idea how to find an officiant for our wedding, but we knew that we wanted something non-traditional. After lots of Google searches we came across Jennifer Luu and some videos of her work and we were instantly intrigued. We had a very nice phone conversation to make sure that she would be a good fit for us and we knew right away that we wanted Jennifer to be part of our team. Jennifer Luu is an amazing storyteller. She interviewed us separately and then used the results to personalize our wedding ceremony. She also helped us to involve our loved ones in the ceremony in a few ways including blessing of the rings, community vows and an exchanging of peace – we didn’t know what to expect with this last one, but the room erupted as people turned to one another to show a sign of peace to each other with a hand shake or a hug. It was INCREDIBLE and almost brought me to tears. Jennifer made the ceremony so special for us and we absolutely loved listening to her share our story with our families and friends. Months later and our friends and family are still raving about the ceremony – it was so unique and many have never experienced such a ceremony and they absolutely loved how unique and personal it was. Thank you Jennifer for making our wedding so memorable and so personal – we can’t wait for the video so that we can relive that ceremony all over again!

Sent on 05/24/2020
  • Kaylee

Kaylee H. · Getting married on 09/01/2021

Best Decision!

We planned our wedding during COVID. About a month and a half before our wedding we didn't have an officiant yet because we had not yet decided if we were going to postpone. Thankfully, Jennifer was still available and worked with us during that last month to plan the perfect ceremony. We met with her virtually and loved her energy. She was on time and helpful at our wedding rehearsal.

The ceremony itself was exactly what we wanted! Our guests loved hearing the story about us as a couple, and the ceremony was engaging for all in attendance. We have already received so many compliments about how amazing the ceremony was. I would choose Jennifer as our officiate over and over again. Thank you!!!

Sent on 01/14/2021
  • Gavin

Gavin S. · Getting married on 06/03/2021

Jennifer Redefines What A Wedding Ceremony Should Be

When my now wife and I were deciding on the different elements of our wedding, back in early 2020, we didn't have a minister or officiant in mind who we wanted to actually marry us. Our venue (the House Estate, which we would also strongly recommend) provided a few names, but after contacting them, they were either busy on our date, or they just didn't really speak to us. I remember we contacted one guy who legit said, "I do tons of weddings, so I'll forget your ceremony tomorrow, but you'll remember it forever." This did not inspire confidence, so we looked to the internet to give us a solution to our problem.

Among a thousand officiants with a thousand reviews, we found Jennifer and her customized wedding experience. We liked what we saw so we scheduled a time to meet with her and talk. She won us over in that first meeting and we never looked back. We each filled out her questionnaire and sent it in, excited for our wedding scheduled for March 28th, 2020. Well I'm sure you all know how that went. About 2 weeks before our wedding date, COVID-19 came in and ruined the party. We still wanted to be officially married on our original date, even though the wedding of our dreams had to be rescheduled (twice), and Jennifer did a great job at accommodating us. She legally married us in a 30 second ceremony in a parking lot by her house, and then we all just played the waiting game until we could have the "real" wedding.

It took almost a full year before we could finally have the wedding we planned, but when we did, Jennifer was ready. My wife and I had forgotten everything we'd sent her in the questionnaire, and I wondered if we would get as emotionally resonant a ceremony as we'd hoped for. Well let me tell y'all, Jennifer KILLED it. I only wish that I had tissues up there with me during the ceremony because as Jennifer took us, and all of our guests, through me and my wife's story, all the emotions you'd hope for on your wedding day just poured out.

Jennifer knows how to tell a story, and I would argue that that is exactly what you should want out of your wedding officiant. I have a whole new standard for wedding ceremonies now. The customizability of her ceremonies go beyond just your specific story too, she can make it as religious or as secular as you want, you can include any readings, poems, songs, whatever. I honestly don't know why you'd ever pick anyone else. If you are looking for a minister to marry you (which I'm assuming you are if you're reading this review), then congratulations, your search is over. Call Jennifer, and check that box off the list.

The last thing I'll say on here is that I know she's more expensive than your generic minister. When you're comparing $100 preachers to Jennifer, you might think she seems too expensive, but the whole wedding planning process involves an assessment of what you truly value on your special day - where to make cuts and where to splurge. If you're spending $1000 on cake, or on liquor, or on linens, I'd ask that you reassess how valuable that extra few hundred on cake is versus the difference in the quality of ceremony you could get. For my wife and I, it was an easy choice, spend the money on a great officiant over a great cake. If we were to do it all again, we'd pay double what Jennifer charged, because 10 years from now, when we're looking back, no one will be talking about the food, the alcohol, or the linens. They will be talking about our ceremony and the incredible officiant who told our story.

-Gavin (& Allison) Stevens

Sent on 03/20/2021

Christine P. · Married on 04/10/2021

Jennifer was amazing, we are so happy we found her!

Jennifer was amazing. She exceeded our expectations of an intimate ceremony. She told our beautiful love story to our family and friends during the ceremony. We are already planning to use her again with our vows renewal!

Sent on 04/16/2021
  • Kristen

Kristen M. · Married on 03/26/2021

Best part of the night!

I had so many people come up to me after the ceremony gushing about Jennifer’s speech. In what is usually the quickest part of the “big day” easily became my favorite and most memorable part of the day. It made us feel so special and allowed us to share a little bit of “us” with everyone who came to celebrate. I would highly recommend Jennifer!!! She adds the perfect, personal touch and makes the ceremony truly unforgettable! I cannot stop thinking about this ceremony!!!

Sent on 03/31/2021

Emily S. · Married on 03/13/2021

Amazing!!!

Jennifer did absolutely amazing!!! We asked her to share our story in a touching, yet humorous manner, which is exactly what she did. We had some of our wedding party ask us how we knew her because of how well she was able to speak to us. She added an extra personal touch to our ceremony. I would recommend her 100 times over!

Sent on 03/19/2021

Jenna S. · Married on 03/04/2021

AMAZING officiant!

Jennifer did an AMAZING job at our ceremony. She told our story so beautifully, and made it as unique as we are. She went through all of the details with us thoroughly before the wedding and made us feel very comfortable with what we wanted to share during the ceremony, which was very important to us as an LGBT couple. We would absolutely recommend Jennifer!!

Sent on 05/18/2019
  • Thanh

Thanh T. · Married on 09/02/2020

Wedding Made More Beautiful By the Words Spoken

We knew that we wanted a memorable ceremony, but we didn't know how to do it ourselves. Who better to give the ceremony task to than someone who is not just an officiant, but a writer? At first glance you might wonder how this small woman with a somewhat squeaky voice will carry out the ceremony, but Jennifer did it very well. Her fee is a bit more than other officiants, and it was worth every penny.

It's important to know that what you will get from Jennifer relies on what you give to her. If you're not ready to tell or write to her about your relationship, then you might not get the glorious story that you hope for ;). She will ask you questions and you should be generous with providing information. She will use your words to weave a story for your guests.

On the big day, Jennifer showed up early, checked with me about little details, and gave me space when I needed it. She was a professional who knew what she was doing, and she didn't need any instructions. She was articulate and read every word loudly, clearly, and confidently in the large room. Before the wedding I thought that I would remember the reception and the one-on-one interactions the most, but it was definitely the ceremony that was the highlight of my experience. For many guests, it was also a delightful part of their experience! Our wedding took place in a beautiful venue which was made even more beautiful by the words spoken there. Thank you, Jennifer.

Sent on 02/12/2020

Marci D. · Married on 08/14/2020

Jennifer was outstanding!

My fiancé (now husband) is Canadian, and in order to be together due to Covid border restrictions we had to accelerate our wedding plan...and had only 10 days to put it all together. Rather than just go to the courthouse, we wanted something special, and are so happy we found Jennifer! She was incredible and flexible, zoomed with us to hear our story and personalize our ceremony, and we could not have asked for anything better. It was magical, personal, romantic, customized to exactly what we wanted, and just lovely. Highly recommend Jennifer's services!

Sent on 09/10/2020
  • Samantha

Samantha P. · Married on 08/08/2020

Incredible

I was in a rush to try and find a minister after mine was unavailable. With the state of the world right now, I knew I wanted someone reliable, trustworthy and who could handle my elopement as well as my immediate family with grace. Ms. Jennifer is all those things and more and the speech she gave at my ceremony meant so much to all of us. Thank you for being there and for continuing to be a model of Houston excellent and acceptance. If you are looking for someone who is full of compassion and understanding look no further!! Thanks for all that you do for people getting married, even during a global pandemic. We will never forget how special you made our little gathering!

Sent on 08/12/2020
  • Robert

Robert · Married on 07/18/2020

A Fairytale Love Story

Jennifer Luu was professional and punctual. She did a miraculous job of captivating and mesmerizing my family and friends as she articulated the Fairytale love story of my husband and I. Which was funny and sweet, but will definitely have you and your love ones eyes watering. She definitely made it a day that I will never forget and I highly recommend her.

Sent on 08/01/2020

Chloe W. · Married on 07/02/2020

Jennifer helped us make our ceremony uniquely ours

We are so happy that Jennifer was a part of our wedding ceremony. From the beginning she helped us with ideas and options for how to make our ceremony personal and unique to our values and vision. She is responsive and professional and super easy and fun to work with. Her remarks during our ceremony made it so incredibly personal; she took our words and sentiments and shared them with our loved ones in an artful and beautiful way, with just the right amount of comic relief. We couldn't be happier with how our ceremony turned out because Jennifer was involved!

Sent on 02/17/2020
  • Amy

Amy A. · Married on 04/05/2020

Wedding 5/16/19

Jennifer was one of the best decisions we made about our wedding. My wife and I initially planned to do a court wedding, but decided that we wanted the opportunity to share our vows and have a more intimate/personalized ceremony. Jennifer did exactly that, with less than 2 months notice. She was easy and quick to communicate with, and the questionnaire we filled out allowed her to create such a memorable ceremony. Our guests even commented on how they learned a lot about us from what she said. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Sam M. · Married on 02/15/2020

A ceremony to remember!

When we decided to plan our wedding in two months, there were a LOT of decisions to make, and quickly! Secular weddings can be tricky w/ no built in ritual/format, so my (now) husband and I spent some time thinking about/designing a ceremony that felt meaningful and personal, and hunting on the inter-webs for someone to execute it. After finding Jennifer online, we met up with her in Houston where she walked us through her format of providing us w/ a questionnaire and building our "story" from the answers. We especially liked that, on such a condensed timeline, she was willing to roll with the non traditional ceremony elements we'd settled on (a hands blessing, wine ceremony, etc.), as well as providing some suggestions of her own. We signed on the dotted line, submitted our answers to her questionnaire (written separately, sight unseen), and a month later, at the rehearsal, she was calm and warm and reassured everyone about the flow & format of the day to come.

On our wedding day, the ceremony was wonderful. Most our family and friends shed (many) tears (a big win), and many people commented that it was the most personal and distinct ceremonies they'd witnessed. We had numerous people comment afterwards that knowing our "story" (largely made up of our verbatim answers) helped them appreciate the rest of the ceremony in a deeper way.

We're so glad we chose Jennifer to officiate. With her in the driver's seat, the two of us were able to fully relax and savor the moment. She delivered a beautiful, memorable ceremony that we and our families will always treasure!

Sent on 03/01/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 11/09/2019

Best. Officiant. Ever

We pretty much knew we wanted Jennifer to officiate us from reading reviews, and then she was even recommended to us by a couple of vendors. I reached out to her, and Jennifer responded quickly. We set up a meeting, and my now husband and I met her. She was very informative in her process, and we had the timeline scheduled out pretty much from the first meeting. It was a done deal for us once we met her. We all instantly connected and knew she would be the best officiant for us when our special day came. I would have to say hands down our ceremony was the best part of the entire day. She captured me and my husband's personality and story perfectly. We had so many people come up to us complimenting how Jennifer captured us so well that they thought she had been in our lives from the beginning. I can't thank Jennifer enough for how special she made our day. Every review I've read and along with my review is an understatement of how amazing it was to have Jennifer officiate our wedding.

Sent on 12/10/2019

Jessie L. · Married on 10/26/2019

Best Officiant, NICEST PERSON, Well Worth the Money!

I found Jennifer online based on her excellent reviews and she did NOT disappoint! I was very pleased with her professionalism and her communication. She gave us all the necessary information on how to conduct the ceremony and what we needed to do. She is an incredibly kind person and gave us tips on how to make a wonderful ceremony. I fully believe everyone should have her come marry them!!! SHE"S AWESOME!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Kyle E. · Married on 10/12/2019

Highlight of our wedding

Jennifer was spectacular! Her ability to connect with us and understand our story, then communicate it to all of our family and friends was incredible. We had dozens of our guests comment on how special her ceremony made the experience for them,

Sent on 10/23/2019

Sergio · Married on 10/06/2019

Fantastic Job for multicultural wedding

Finding a non religious officiant to host a wedding was extremely difficult. However, Jennifer did a fantastic job. Her cadence of speech in telling our humorous stories as a couple left the audience laughing to tears.

My mother said in all the weddings she attended she had never felt so impressed as with Jennifer’s ceremony.

Totally worth the cost. Hands down.

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • John

John H. · Married on 09/14/2019

Faiza and John

Jennifer officiated our wedding at The Dunlavy in Houston a few days ago. The ceremony was outstanding. Jennifer told a wonderfully moving rendition of our story that captivated us and the congregation. Pretty much every one of our 100 guests commented that the ceremony was the most moving and beautiful that they had ever attended.
    Working with Jennifer was a joy. We met and discussed what we wanted and what we did not, then worked on the questions that she sent us… “our homework”…. and the result on the day was absolutely unbelievable.
    If you want a truly memorable, uniquely personal wedding, you have to have Jennifer as your officiant. We cannot recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 09/18/2019

Sam H. · Married on 08/17/2019

Jennifer is awesome

Jennifer is one of the best, most professional officiants my wife and I could have asked for at our wedding. When you meet with her, she is one of the most easy going people you could ever meet, and it makes for a great relationship between couple and officiant. Her process for getting to know you is also simple, yet so effective on the big day. She plays wonderfully to the couple's style, seamlessly weaving in stories about how the couple met, significant events if your relationship, and what you two mean to each other now and in the future. My wife and I would recommend Jennifer to anyone looking for an officiant in the Houston area.

Sent on 08/25/2019

Peter · Married on 07/06/2019

So impressed with Jennifer's service!!

Jennifer is one of the biggest highlights of our wedding. She captured everything about our stories, delivered it perfectly, and blew our guests away with her words! She is professional, experienced, and gave us great tips. She's approachable and very responsive.
    We strongly recommend her to anyone who wants to have a memorable and personal ceremony!

Sent on 07/10/2019

Amanda C. · Married on 06/16/2019

The best officiant ever!!

Jennifer is amazing! She made such an incredible and memorable ceremony that we will never forget. Her ability to incorporate our love story into our union was unforgettable. Our guests have been commenting ever since how much they loved the ceremony & Jennifer’s ability to tell our story like they had been there themselves. We also did a warming of the rings, which if you have the opportunity you should definitely take part in! Jennifer takes the time to get to know you as a couple & creates a warm and intimate ceremony for you & your partner (as well as the guests!). I highly recommend Officiant Jennifer Luu—she is the absolute best!!

Sent on 06/28/2019

Katy K. · Married on 06/15/2019

Made our wedding ceremony so special!!

First, Jennifer is so lovely to work with! She met with us multiple times in preparation for our wedding ceremony and made us feel so comfortable. She made our ceremony feel SO personal and genuine. We felt it and many family and friends commented on it as well. I cannot say enough positive things about Jennifer!

Sent on 06/24/2019

Jasmine · Married on 05/04/2019

Best officiant in the game!

Jennifer was very easy to work with. She met with us once and then gave us a questionnaire to complete. She then wrote an incredible speech and delivered it flawlessly. Another awesome thing about Jennifer is how confident and calm she was about everything regarding the ceremony. She's so confident she will inspire confidence in you and make your nerves go away. I would highly recommend her anytime.

Sent on 05/07/2019