60 Reviews for Jennifer Luu

Non-religious (13)
Customized Vows (3)
Rehearsal (1)
60 Jennifer Luu Reviews

Jennifer Luu is an amazing officiant! We went with her after a bit of searching and meetings. When we first met, she was very personable and professional, making us feel at ease that our ceremony was in great hands. There are so many other things to worry about! She took our story and crafted a beautiful, hilarious, unforgettable ceremony, that was so meaningful for us and our friends and family. We had many people let us know afterward how much they loved her words. She was definitely one of the best decisions we made for our wedding, couldn’t have been happier.

Profile Picture Kelli, 1/27/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Non-religious

Jennifer was FANTASTIC throughout the entire process. Her ceremony speech captured our relationship so beautifully highlighting key relationship moments, and keeping the crowd smiling and laughing the whole time. Thank you so much!!

Profile Picture Sarah , 1/13/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jennifer was awesome! She made our ceremony very personalable the way she took both our views of our relationship and made them into one cohesive story was amazing! Thank you so much Jennifer!

Profile Picture Leah, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious

I still have no idea how Jennifer did it… she made it seem like she had known my husband and I for years, when we had only met her about a week before our wedding. She has an ingenious way of meeting and getting to know couples. My husband and I put together a wedding in about 10 days, and within a week, she put together a ceremony that perfectly captured our story and the spirit of "us." This was expert level stuff. If anyone needs a fabulous officiant, it doesn't get better than Jennifer! She put in the work to make sure that everything was perfect. Our family asked her where in the world she found her… and commended her for her delivery and story-telling. She is incredible! She made it very clear from the start that she respected the personal choices we wanted within our ceremony… she was accommodating in every way. And she shared advice from her personal experience, which was really useful too. I would recommend her to everyone who wants a professional officiant who delivers the perfect personal ceremony!

Profile Picture Heather, 8/12/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We wanted our wedding ceremony to be special, personalized, unique, memorable, and not like the typical ceremony. My fiance and I are not religious so we didn't want that stuff to be part of our ceremony either. We are so happy we found Jennifer Luu! Our ceremony was absolutely beautiful, unique, special, and beyond memorable not only for my fiance and I but for EVERYONE who attended. It was everything we dreamed it would be and more! Every single person came up to us afterwards and said Jennifer was amazing and that it was the best, most beautiful, most personable wedding ceremony they had ever been to! Everyone said they loved how much laughter was involved, and of course tears of joy. They all said it was the first ceremony they attended where they laughed for real and teared-up/cried for real. Everyone's favorite part was the warming of the rings. Jennifer was the first thing we booked when we started planning our wedding and thank goodness bc she recommended our wedding planner and from there our wedding formed into the most perfect wedding we ever dreamed of! I would choose Jennifer time and time again. She's knowledgeable about traditional and non-traditional ceremonies and has really neat ideas/suggestions, she's very accepting and encouraging of what you want and don't want involved in your ceremony, and her storytelling is what transforms her ceremonies into something even more special! She's very helpful, patient, understanding, and professional throughout the entire journey and afterwards. Thank you, Jennifer, for everything!

Profile Picture Melissa, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Rehearsal, Non-religious

Jennifer officiated our wedding in Spring 2017 and did a fantastic job. She made us comfortable through the whole process, took the time to put together very thoughtful remarks, and really nailed it on the big day. A number of our friends and family remarked how good Jennifer was!

Profile Picture Brett, 5/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jennifer is simply an awesome person! Like our other vendors, I wish I could give her a 10-STAR rating. She's so easy to talk to, very personable and she makes you feel like you have been friends with her for a while. Her way of doing ceremonies was right up our alley and decided to meet with her. Once we met, we felt so right with moving forward with her, and it was all that we envisioned. Our guests really loved our ceremony and how it told "our story", and shared the little details about us. Honestly, there simply couldn't have been anyone better to marry us on our day! Thank you so much, Jennifer!

Profile Picture Alex, 3/18/17, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Non-religious

Jennifer could not have been more perfect for our wedding. She took the time to get to know us and had us answer questions in great detail to make the ceremony as personal as possible. It reflected who me and my husband are really like including the details of "our love story". I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Karla, 2/10/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious

Jennifer was our officiant for our January 6, 2017 wedding. Bottom line: she was just fantastic to work with. From the first time we met her, we could tell that she was both super organized and genuinely invested in making the ceremony a unique and special experience for us. During the planning process, she struck a good balance between offering suggestions based on her past experience and incorporating our simple (but non-traditional) vision for the ceremony. When it came to the actual ceremony service, we couldn't have asked for more. Her rendition of our story was perfect---light-hearted and funny, but sincere. Many guests told us afterwards that they loved how unique and intimate the ceremony was. We would highly recommend Jennifer as an officiant!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 1/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jennifer officiated our wedding on 11/5/16 and we couldn't have asked for a better person to tell our story to our friends and family. Neither of us are the best at vocalizing our feelings, so we wanted to hire an expert who could weave our stories into something beautiful and memorable. Jennifer did exactly that. She took our words and made them better. She let our family know our history as a couple, how we got to where we are, and what we love about each other. There were a lot of happy tears (some from me) and several people complimented her on her remarks. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant.

Profile Picture Catherine, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious

Jennifer Luu was our wedding officiant 9/3/16. The questionnaire Jennifer provided for us to complete covered every aspect of our story. She presented our story in a very unique way; we laughed, we cried and we shared memories with our guests. Everyone told us they really enjoyed the uniqueness of our ceremony. Jennifer met with us early in our engagement; she's very personable, eager to learn about the couple and help guide you through the ceremony details (most of which we hadn't thought of yet)! Jennifer is available anytime for questions and responds to emails quickly. She helped make our special day even more special than we imagined. Thank you Jennifer!

Profile Picture Shelley, 9/3/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I absolutely loved working with Rev. Jennifer for our wedding! My husband and I really wanted a unique and special wedding ceremony, and we were blessed to find Jennifer. Actually, we saw her performing at a friend's wedding and thought she was absolutely amazing. When we contacted her, she was always so nice and explained everything she does very clearly. I also enjoyed completing the little questionnaire about how my husband and I met, what we love about each other... And she did such an amazing job at telling our story during the ceremony. In a nutshell, the wedding ceremony was unique and sacred, just like we wanted and we are so grateful for that! Jennifer is such a loving and caring person, I would recommend her to everyone. Thank you so much for your amazing job!

Profile Picture Florence, 5/28/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious

Rev. Jennifer Luu exceeded every expectation in every sense of the word. She was so on top of everything: from our initial consult, to the pre-wedding process, to running through the order of events as many times as we needed, to giving us every available option so that she could help us build the perfect ceremony, offering sage advice on things we should look out for or be aware of…she was pure exemplary bliss. She really went above and beyond and out of her way to immerse herself in our story and understand the reason behind all of our decisions, making every aspect of our ceremony as personal as possible. Her warm, inviting personality makes it extremely easy to get along with her and trust her instantly; it just adds to the personal touch that we really wanted our wedding to have. On our wedding day, Jennifer continued her streak of being superwoman levels of amazing and was just so incredibly helpful and comforting throughout the whole wedding process. Any questions we had, Jennifer had all the answers in the timeliest fashion. The icing on the cake though was how expertly, divinely, and perfectly she delivered our ceremony. There is literally no one better than Jennifer, and every aspect of the way she carried out the ceremony embodied us, as a couple, so extraordinarily well – romantic, unique, and funny. Jennifer's skills as a storyteller and life coach really shine through; without a doubt, this makes her the world’s greatest officiant and truly puts her in an entirely next-level, elite league that is beyond compare. Our friends and family couldn’t stop gushing about how absurdly amazing Jennifer was and commented on just how intimate, personal, and unique the ceremony was. We honestly cannot thank her enough for being so magnificent on our most special day. If you want the best day of your life to be even better, pick Jennifer – she will spin pure magic and make it absolutely unforgettable.

Profile Picture Caroline, 4/24/16, 1 Review

Jennifer was the best!
My husband and I were relatively concerned about how we, as a non-religious gay couple could find our perfect officiant in Houston, TX. A judge seemed so impersonal, and a minister felt insincere. After much searching we found Jennifer on Weddingwire, and from the very beginning she was polite, sincere, engaged, and prompt. She was able to get lots of information out of my husband, who isn’t much of a talker, and me in order to create our lovely and moving vows. So many of our friends and family told us they had never seen a ceremony quite like ours and they loved it! A few asked how long had we been friends and were shocked that we only met her a few months ago, thanks to her very intuitive questions for us. We would recommend her to anyone looking for a less than traditional wedding ceremony.

Profile Picture Zachary , 4/9/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious

Jennifer was an amazing officiant. I knew I wanted to have a non denominational ceremony without any religious readings and was very nervous about being able to find a officiant who could deliver this for us and still stretch it out to 30 minutes and keep our guests engaged. All of our guests loved the ceremony, she did a fantastic job of telling the story of how we met and feel in love. My guests said it was one of the most unique ceremonies they'd ever been to and they really enjoyed hearing the progression of our relationship. I have nothing but praise for Jennifer! We are so happy we choose to book her. She was a pleasure to work with, quick to respond, and very professional. My husband and I tried up multiple times throughout the ceremony, it was really beautiful. We also used her for a few couple therapy type sessions before the wedding too. It was a good way to get to know her and her style and for her to her to know us more personally too. She really helped us to talk out some things we hadn't thought of before getting married, she's a great referee and knows how to work out some tense or uncomfortable situations. I'm thrilled with my experience with Jennifer, book her now you'll love her!

Profile Picture User6569303, 2+ years ago, 16 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious

Jennifer was awesome and truly created a ceremony that was uniquely us. We were so happy with the entire process and would recommend her to anyone.

Profile Picture Chelsea, 3/12/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious

I cried during our ceremony. Jennifer did such a wonderful job and we were so pleased. The ceremony was so important to us and we really wanted to be able to let our loved ones know our story. SHE DEFINITELY DELIVERED! There was laughter and tears; all of it coming from such a warm place. She is well worth the money! If you want a wedding ceremony that allows your family and friends to truly be present and be a part of the experience then she is the one you should choose. She is professional, detailed, and puts love and excellence into her work. I am glad we didn't budge on our decision when we found her! In short, she is amazing and we love her!

Profile Picture Karesha, 2/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We highly recommend Jennifer for a wedding officiant. She was very easy to work with and did an amazing job with the ceremony! Several of our guests came up to us after the ceremony and told us how great she was.

Profile Picture Robert, 12/19/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious

I didn't want the run of the mill canned wedding blah blah blah... and so I picked the perfect person to give us something else. She worked with us to create a unique ceremony and it was a show stunner.

Jennifer put together a ceremony with information about us and who we are. She told our guests how we met and what we loved about each other. She put together something really special and we loved it and our guests loved it. So many people commented on how lovely the ceremony was and how they learned something new about us.

Thank you, Jennifer - for making the ceremony so much fun and so sweet.

Profile Picture Fawn, 11/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jennifer is a true professional with such talent! She made our ceremony so very romantic and personal. She shared our story and brought the whole house to tears. She was truly a pleasure to work with and was worth every penny. I would recommend her again and again!

Profile Picture mattie, 10/24/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious

I found Jennifer through a reference from a coworker who had attended a wedding where she was the officiant. I was told that she was enthusiastic and very engaging. My wife and I learned through her services that she met those standards and more. Jennifer seemed to be genuinely interested in our story as a couple and what we wanted for our wedding. We met with Jennifer prior to the wedding to discuss what we wanted for the ceremony and found that she was very easy to talk to and offered plenty of ideas for my wife and I to consider. As we got closer to the wedding, Jennifer reached out to confirm details pertaining to the ceremony to make sure we were on the same page. On our wedding day Jennifer was early, showing up an hour before the ceremony which was so helpful just to go through some of the final details. The ceremony was fantastic, she told a story about my wife and I through information we provided to her and even incorporated a bit of humor. We received numerous compliments from our family and friends about her. We even asked Jennifer if she would stay after the wedding to help with announcements and she did so without complaint. My wife and I would highly recommend Jennifer to be a part of such an important day for other couples.

Profile Picture Jonathan, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jennifer Luu served as our officiant for our wedding in May 2015. In planning our wedding, we decided not to abide by all of the usual traditions and wanted to do something reflective of our own values. Also, we did not have a wedding planner and were figuring out everything on our own, so we needed someone who would be able to walk us through the process. We found Jennifer on theknot.com, noted she had really good reviews and really liked that she personalized her clients’ weddings by telling “their story.”

We were both very busy at work while planning our wedding, and Jennifer was very flexible with meeting us in person around our schedule. She walked us through a “menu” of options, including both the usual traditions and some we were not privy to, that she could provide as our officiant. Jennifer was also very flexible with meeting us for our rehearsal dinner and worked in a last minute addition of a ceremony ritual.

Jennifer had us separately fill out questionnaires which she would develop into our story. She combined these responses into one story to share at our ceremony. The fun part was the surprise of finding out how our separate halves contributed to our unique history. Jennifer had great delivery and told a story that we are very proud to hear. We received many compliments about the story from our guests.

We would recommend Jennifer as an officiant for your wedding. She did a great job from start to finish, was very responsive and crafted our individualized story.

Profile Picture John, 5/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jennifer Luu is an outstanding wedding officiant, and I would highly recommend her for your wedding! We received so many inquiries about Jennifer from wedding guests who enjoyed the wedding ceremony because of Jennifer’s style and wonderfully engaging storytelling. People really loved hearing our story, and I’m still amazed at how people reacted to knowing more about our history and our love for one another. In addition to loving the idea of sharing our story with our wedding guests, my husband and I had very important things that we wanted to be a part of the ceremony (we are not religious, so some aspects of what we wanted for the ceremony were non-traditional). Even if Jennifer wasn’t familiar with our ideas, she was wonderfully open-minded and happy to make our wedding ceremony truly our own. Jennifer is organized and professional as well as being creative; she continuously worked with us to make our ceremony dreams a reality. Jennifer, we can’t thank you enough for breathing love, personality, meaning and just the right amount of humor into the most sacred of days. Your ceremony was the most important part of the wedding day, and because of you, it was a time that touched not only our hearts, but the hearts of our guests, as well.

Profile Picture User5150564, 2+ years ago, 18 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jennifer was absolutely INCREDIBLE as our wedding officiant. I highly recommend her to everyone :) She made the ceremony absolutely magical and told our love story in an amazing way. I am so glad I found her for my wedding!!

Profile Picture User4946206, 2+ years ago, 1 Review