29 Reviews for Jennifer Fujikawa Photography

Second Shooter (1)
Engagement Shoot (1)
Wedding Portraits (1)
29 Jennifer Fujikawa Photography Reviews

Our wedding was earlier this month, and I can say we could not be happier with what we got from Jennifer Fujikawa Photography. We met with Jen early on in our planning process because we liked what we saw online and decided to meet with her. She was so easy to talk to and she understood what we were looking for in a photographer. She also brought along several of the wedding books she gives the bride and groom and they were gorgeous. We signed the contract with her shortly after.

We used Jen as both our engagement session photographer as well. While we had a few rough ideas of where we wanted to go during the session and what types of pictures we wanted, we let her run the show. She found spots, helped us pose ourselves and took lots of pictures. It was pretty crowded that day but she did such a good job just isolating the two of us. When she sent us the pictures, my husband and I were blown away with the results of the shoot. We had never looked so pretty!

On our wedding day Jen and her assistants were so wonderful and we could not have asked for a better experience. She did a great job blending what she thought would be great shots and getting some input from us on what we wanted. They were constantly working and felt so nice that they were doing everything they could to capture every little moment from our day.

Jen was a dream to work with. She was always so prompt in email responses and her attitude was always so infectiously cheerful. I cannot recommend Jennifer Fujikawa Photography enough.

Profile Picture Gavin, 4/1/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Wedding Portraits, Albums, Digital Files

Her response time is great! She even let me know that she was booked on our actual wedding date but her associate Diana was still available. They are both super friendly & love what they do! Both our engagement and wedding day photos came out beautiful!! I highly recommend working with Jen!

Profile Picture Nicole, 1/7/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

It's not an exaggeration when I say Jen is a magician. She has SO much talent and is guaranteed to produce amazing work. Not only so, she is incredibly professional, kind, and down-to-earth!

I booked Jen for my engagement shoot and wedding, and from the very beginning, she made me and my husband feel at ease. Neither of us felt super comfortable being in front of the camera, but she was able to make us feel and look natural. Before our engagement shoot, Jen gave us a plethora of suggestions of places we could shoot and advice about choosing colors/outfits, which was super helpful.

On our wedding day, Jen and her second shooter were prompt, calm, reassuring, and stealthy (aside from the posed photos, they seemed to stay out of sight somehow!). Jen got our edited photos back to us a month sooner than we expected, and we were absolutely THRILLED with how our photos came out. Jen has such a keen eye and seems to have a really intuitive understanding of light, composition, and framing. We got so many compliments about her work, and especially the colors and lighting in all of the photos.

I would whole-heartedly recommend Jen to ANYONE!!

Profile Picture Tina, 7/31/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jen is just amazing! There are no words to describe the amazing talent she has. We booked her for our engagement and wedding day. You can tell that photography is her passion. Very detailed and very professional. She's so fun to work with! When I first met her, I was comfortable with her and when I saw her portfolio, I knew I had to book her right then and there. She's just the sweetest! Jen and her father were a absolute joy to work with from the very beginning. She captured the fun our guests had and the emotional moments between my husband and I. Thank you Jen for your beautiful work!

Profile Picture Irene, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jen recently photographed our wedding in Santa Monica back in April. She has a keen eye, is very professional but very approachable making sure you are comfortable. Her nimble ability to work around any situation and still capture a fleeting moment is remarkable. I would highly recommend her for your wedding or engagement photos. Everything feels natural and elegant and we love how she captured our big day.

Profile Picture Brittany, 4/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jen was an absolute delight to work with. It's rare to find such a fantastic combination of passion and talent, along with a personable and positive attitude. We booked her for an engagement session and the wedding day, and unfortunately she was not able to make it to our wedding but was able to retouch all of our photos. Working with her for the engagement session definitely helped us to "warm up" to getting our photos taken, and she made it extremely comfortable for us, giving us very specific direction when needed but also allowing us to be ourselves.

For our wedding, she made sure to organize one of her associates to take the lead, and to select one who had shot at our venue prior so the transition is smooth. Diana stepped up like a champ, with the help of Jen's father who was a master second shooter (and a huge hit with our guests, especially on the dance floor--he will really get in there and get those amazing shots!). The day went without a hitch, and the photos we got back were still beautifully "Jen-ified," with her fantastic eye and what I could only imagine as a magic wand.

Although my having the associate was a happy accident of sorts, I would recommend it as an option for couples. An endorsement from Jen is a fine accolade and street cred for any photographer in my mind, and you can book with confidence that your day will be captured and brought to life in magical light.

Profile Picture Lisa, 2/20/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

Booking Jen was one of the easiest decisions I made for my wedding. I had seen her work prior to my wedding and fell in love with her soft and romantic style and knew she was the photographer I needed! My husband and I had both of engagement and wedding photos shot by Jen and while neither of us are particularly comfortable in front of the camera, she helped ease us in and we ended up having such a great time! In the end, we received gorgeous photos that we absolutely cherish and we couldn't be more thankful for her!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 2/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

It was a pleasure to have photos done by Jennifer Fujikawa. I selected Jennifer after seeing her work for another wedding at the venue I would be getting married at. She was easy to communicate with and after showing interest, we were able to connect on the phone quickly to discuss the different packages. Throughout the wedding planning process, I would say out of all my vendors, Jennifer was prompt in replying to emails (like within minutes of sending an email). About a month prior to our wedding, Jennifer notified us that she would be unable to shoot our wedding due to personal health issues. Although we were very saddened and stressed about what to do. Jennifer was able to provide us several options with other talented shooters. She put us in good hands with new shooters - her father and photographer Eileen Liu. It was a pretty easy transition. Both were very great to work with and took so many photos that were fabulous. Jen still edited our photos and they came out exceptional and captured the style I was aiming for. Jen is very talented and still made the photos beautiful even without being present at the wedding. All my friends and family were in awe of the photos. Even with the unforeseen change, I was still very content with the outcome and would highly recommend Jen's photography. We are excited to see how our wedding album that she is customizing will come out!

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/28/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, High-Res Images

Jen is amazing on so many levels. I planned my LA wedding remotely from Chicago. Jen was great about doing all of our planning over the phone. I also changed the timing and added hours to our service week of the wedding and Jen had no problem accommodating us! It was nearly 100 degrees on our wedding day but Jen and her dad worked so hard to get us some amazing pictures! Our ceremony, picture location, and reception were each in different places, but Jen had no problem with this. She did a great job of capturing photos at each location, and looking back on those photos really allows me to re-live my special day! I cant say enough how great Jen was and I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Yahaira, 10/10/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files

Jen and her team were amazing at our wedding! From the first phone call with Jen, she was friendly, warm, and just wonderful to deal with. She and her team were professional the moment they arrived at the venue, we can't say enough good things about Jen. The pictures came out beautifully and on time. The photo packages were well priced and we are looking forward to our photo album that are included in our package!

I would not hesitate to recommend Jen to any bride, since she created such a stress free photography process so that we could just enjoy the day.

Profile Picture Joyce , 9/5/15, 13 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jen is THE BEST wedding photographer. After doing a bit of research and talking to Jen over the phone, I knew she was the right choice! In addition to booking Jen for our wedding photos, we also thought it would be a good idea to take engagement photos as a warmup. As neither of us are particularly comfortable in front a camera, we thought the practice would help. Jen made us feel completely at ease and took absolutely stunning engagement photos, leaving us assured that our wedding photos would be equally amazing. On the day of the wedding, Jen and team were incredibly professional and efficient. They did a phenomenal job of capturing the spirit of our wedding and making all of our friends and family look great! Jen is responsive, friendly, and fast (we got our wedding photos back within a month!). Morever, Jen has an extraordinary eye for framing photos - after reviewing the wedding photos, I realized that shot after shot featured gorgeous lighting and features of our venue that I hadn't even noticed on our wedding day. If she's available for your wedding, book her ASAP!

Profile Picture Nicolette, 8/29/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jen was fantastic and did a phenomenal job capturing our wedding day. Her portfolio caught my attention immediately, as I loved her photography style, which is at once natural and ethereal. Jen's photos are more of a documentary style, with minimal posing. On our wedding day, she shot photos in difficult light (afternoon outdoors and nighttime), but the photos came out gorgeous. Even though we did not have all the details figured out by the wedding day, Jen was able to go with the flow and document all the details, be they planned or spontaneous. She was responsive via phone and email throughout the process, and she brought along really talented and professional second shooters. Working with Jen was such a pleasure, and we could not have asked for a better photographer to capture our day!

Profile Picture Shoshee, 8/8/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Where to even begin… I got married a few weeks ago and had the amazing honor of having Jen capture our day. She is seriously the BEST – totally exceeded every expectation…like, absolutely blown away!!!

My now husband (eeek!) and I made the decision to elope in CA (we live in Boston)… When we started researching photographers, Jen totally stood out from the rest. Not only is her work exceptional, she was super responsive – out of all of the photographers we (let’s be serious, “I”) contacted, I think she was the first one to respond and the only one to request a phone call. From the second we got on the phone, we totally connected and I knew she was going to be perfect for us. She asked so many great questions about us as a couple and our vision for the day (which she ultimately NAILED!).

From all of our correspondence leading up to the wedding, to the day-of, Jen felt like an old, dear friend. She was so excited and enthusiastic about the day and all of the details - it just shows she really LOVES what she does. And, while we felt her presence, she was like a stealth little photo-ninja – we have no idea how/ when she got some of the shots she did. In addition to Jen being super warm and sweet and just awesome to be around, she is a ridiculously talented photographer. She was able to capture so much love and emotion in our photos – I am just in awe at how well they turned out. The first time I saw the pictures, I was brought to tears (as were many of the friends/ family we’ve shared them with)…

It’s hard to even put into words how happy I am that she was there to capture our day – I can only describe it as an overwhelming feeling of gratitude! Don’t think twice about booking her - from start to finish, she’s AMAZING!!!

Profile Picture Angela, 5/30/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jen was so incredible!! There aren't enough words to express how amazingly talented she is!! She captured our wedding perfectly. The way she takes pictures is simply magical. I felt like we had a close friend photographing us. She'll make you feel so comfortable and at ease. I whole heartedly recommend her!!! I couldn't be happier with our pics!!

Profile Picture Emi, 4/18/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Part 1: She is the SWEETEST! I found Jen Fujikawa on a wedding blog, either Green Wedding Shoes or The Knot. I emailed her and several other photographers. Her response was the only one that stood out to me. She was very quick to respond (I'm pretty sure she emailed back the same day). She sounded excited and eager to learn more about my wedding photography needs whereas other vendors emailed back auto-responses or were very short and rude. Aside from the photos I saw on her blog, her quick response time, cheerfulness, and ability to answer questions thoughtfully were what won me over. You can tell she genuinely wants to make you happy and that she loves what she does. She sent all the pictures to us within 2-4 weeks, it was lightning quick!

I told her what I was looking for and what my budget was and she was very accommodating. We didn't need a photo album so that helped to cut cost, we just wanted someone to shoot pictures on the day of and give us all the raw photos. Whatever your needs, she will work hard to accommodate you to the best of her ability. Although! Her photo books are GORGEOUS and if we had the money, we would have purchased one. I would say you should spring for the books. They are carefully crafted and you can tell she puts her heart into it.

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 4/10/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Wonderful quality work!! We were very pleased with our engagement photos and can't wait to see the wedding photos! She and her father are a very professional team, punctual, prepared, and flexible. I expect that she can increase her price package given the superb quality of work. We were also able to switch out a photo book in exchange for engagement shoot, with appropriate price adjustments. Highly recommend her!

Profile Picture User4192281, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Finding a good photographer for your wedding is one of the most challenging tasks in the planning process. Being someone who values photography and has a discerning eye but also has a budget, my husband and I couldn't have been more grateful to have found Jennifer Fujikawa Photography for our wedding day.

Jen is friendly, kind, helpful, and knowledgeable. We had a great first meeting and my husband wanted to hire her on the spot! Before the wedding and throughout the process she was always incredibly responsive and provided great service. She was quick to respond to any questions and/or provide helpful suggestions (e.g. engagement shoot locations and wedding day scheduling). She even provides a Engagement Shoot Location portfolio book that is beyond helpful and such a great tool! In addition, if she hasn't worked at your venue before, she's willing to do a site visit with you, so that you can show her the space and talk through any logistical/set-up issues.

On wedding day, she's just as wonderful to work with. She was punctual, organized and professional. Her and her father are a great team and also very efficient at shooting the needed group shots. Jen posted an amazing teaser photo of us the day after and we were just as happy when we received our wedding photos a few weeks after. Our photos were beautiful, soft and romantic, which really reflected our special day.

Thank you so much Jennifer for the wonderful experience working together and even more so for our lovely wedding photos!

Profile Picture Olivia, 7/4/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jen has a keen eye for design, and her photography skills are superb! I am so blessed she was our photographer for our wedding. She listened to all of our concerns, gave us some advice regarding the actual wedding day, and was very helpful overall. She is very prompt with time, and is highly professional. She's the best!

Profile Picture User4135228, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jennifer's pictures were beautiful and make us feel like we are reliving our wedding every time we go through the pictures. She is creative with her backdrops/setups and captures memorable moments throughout the wedding of bride/groom/family/friends/etc. Her work speaks for itself. Checkout her website and Facebook to get a peak. Thank you again, Jenn!

Profile Picture User3858930, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jen was so fun to work with! She photographed our engagement session and our wedding day. My husband and I were a little nervous about our engagement session, because we had never been photographed by a professional before. Jen made it so easy and fun. She directed us at times, but for the most part she just let us be ourselves. She really wanted to capture our personalities and wanted to incorporate the things we loved into the shoot. The day of our wedding she was so on top of everything. Jen had us email her our shot list a week before the wedding so that she could make sure we got all the shots we wanted on our wedding day. She and her dad (the second shooter) worked so well as a team. They even had radios and inner ears to communicate with each other. This was awesome because it kept me and the groom from accidentally seeing each other before the ceremony. She really cares about having that personal touch. The case our wedding photos CD came in and the photo album she created were absolutely beautiful and amazing. The quality of the album is top notch. We just loved showing it off to our friends and family. We've gotten so many compliments about our pictures. So many of our friends and family said that the pictures look like something out of a bridal magazine! We are so happy that Jen captured our day because these photos are the only memories we will have to remember our special day. The quality of her work is just phenomenal. She is also reasonably priced which was a shocker when I saw how amazing her work was. It just shows that she truly loves what she does. I will definitely be calling her in the future when we decide to start a family and for any other special occasion!

Profile Picture Nicole, 12/28/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

When I first started searching for photographers for my upcoming wedding, Jennifer Fujikawa really stood out to me. There is something very elegant about her photography; her pictures show timeless beauty and I knew I wanted her to capture my special day.

Jen is incredibly easy to work with and she makes you feel very comfortable - something very important for a wedding day. She is very sweet and professional, and it's obvious that she cares a lot about her work.

I would recommend Jennifer Fujikawa Photography to anyone. She is simply amazing and super talented. Thanks to Jen, I now have a beautiful collection of photos of my wedding day that I will cherish for life.

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/20/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I was extremely stressed trying to find a photographer for my wedding. I had a few friends recommend some people but everyone I looked at, was either extremely over my budget and/or didn't have that wow factor--until I saw Jen's portfolio.

Her prices are extremely reasonable which was shocking because her photographs are just stunning. From the first phone consult she was just so sweet and understanding. My husband and I are not great at taking pictures and become very uncomfortable in front of a camera. She reassured us that she will make sure that we are comfortable with the entire process.

She went above and beyond and was in contact with my wedding planner about the timeline so I wouldn't have to stress about it. The day of, I can't begin to tell you how great she was. She was really on top of everything, was funny, welcoming, and reassuring. She even guided us through the cake cutting since we had no idea what we were supposed to do. I felt like I was talking to a friend vs someone I hired.

We were nervous about the photographs but there was no reason for me to be. the pictures came out AMAZING!! I am absolutely overjoyed on how beautiful they came out! I can't even explain it--they are just so beautiful. I recently got my discs of my photos in the mail and I thought it was going to be just a disc in a plastic case, but i was wrong! they came in this super cute tiffany blue book with a white ribbon on the front that had my husband and my name on it. Then when I opened it, there was one of my favorite photos of me and my husband on the back of the cover. she really doesn't spare any details.

If you are looking for a wonderful photographer, contact Jennifer Fujikawa. Believe me when I say I understand how stressful planning a wedding is, but after hiring her, it was like a big weight was lifted off of my shoulders. I am definitely recommending her services to all friends and family. Thanks Jen for everything!!!!!!

Profile Picture michelle, 9/21/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jen was great to work with! Very sweet, kind, and helpful. For the couple / bridal party shots - she directed us as needed, but was also flexible in helping us try the shots and poses we wanted to try (though admittedly, her suggestions generally turned out better than mine. haha). She has a great eye for the beautiful shots, but also was happy to take the many, many obligatory group photos I wanted. Whatever else I needed, she was more than willing to invest her time and skills to help. Her shoe actually broke down during the wedding, but she just kept on truckin' and maintained great professionalism and kindness through the whole day.
She posted our pictures promptly (earlier than I had even expected) and always responds to any inquiries / adjustments / feedback very quickly.

It's so rare to find wedding photographers that provide packages that include a reasonably priced, high-quality wedding album, so I really appreciated that she includes them in her options!

Profile Picture Joan, 8/24/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

It really was an honor to have Jen photograph our wedding. What she was able to capture for our day is treasured in our hearts that we can look back at for a lifetime. The book she put together is absolutely gorgeous. So if you're looking for quality, Jen is your woman! She is overall, just a pleasure to work with. Kind Spirit and soul. Highly recommend!!
Thanks again for all you've done for us!

Profile Picture Laurie, 6/22/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jen is a wonderful photographer! Her work is artistic and beautiful. A great deal of attention and thought goes into every detail of her photographs and her albums. On top of that she is a lovely, easy-going person and we truly enjoyed having her as a part of our wedding. I highly recommend her! We could not have been more happy with her work.

- Alyse