Jennie Fresa Brow & Beauty Bar Reviews

Jennie Fresa Brow & Beauty Bar 5
Jennie Fresa Brow & Beauty Bar 6
Jennie Fresa Brow & Beauty Bar 7

Gwyneth · Married on 08/14/2010

Finding someone to do your makeup and hair on your wedding day can be a stressful and nerve-wracking process. Thank goodness I found Jennie Fresa! Jennie traveled to New York City on my wedding day and did makeup for my mom, five bridesmaids and me. Her "no makeup" style made us into glorious versions of ourselves and was perfect for pictures! It is hard to please seven women in one sitting, but Jennie did so with no trouble at all and incredibly efficiently! She is one of the calmest people I've met and put everyone at ease.

One of the other ladies of the Beauty Library, Lindsay Milan, did hair and did a magical job. She even dealt with a minor crisis one of the bridesmaids was having with her hair. Lindsay handled the situation with humor and grace and left everyone feeling beautiful.

It makes a huge difference on your wedding day to have professionals whom you trust, who can put everyone at ease while also making everyone look stunning. These women do all of that. Hire them!

Sent on 08/31/2010

Kathleen · Married on 06/26/2010

Jennie was booked for my wedding day, so she matched me up with Kelly. Kelly did a wonderful job with my makeup. She did all the bridesmaids, too. The makeup was totally natural, but stayed on all night. She did my hair as well and was terrific! I would recommend Jennie Fresa to anyone.

Sent on 08/27/2010

Natasha · Married on 08/27/2016

Tricia at Jennie Fresa did an AMAZING job on my makeup and the makeup for seven other loved ones at our wedding. She applied our makeup expertly, using high-quality products; listened to feedback about personal preferences; and was incredibly professional, upbeat, and kind. Every communication I had with her was clear and quick. She remembered and acted on every single detail from our trial for the actual day, which was five months later. She even adjusted her arrival time by a full hour two days before the event when I asked if we could add one more person. She was amazing.

Even though we were outdoors in the summer and sweating heavily all night, even though we were crying, the makeup looked as beautiful when the wedding was over as it did the moment it was applied. In fact, we all had to wash our faces at least twice to feel like it really came off!

Sent on 08/31/2016

Jennie Fresa Brow & Beauty Bar is such a neat little company located in quaint downtown Madison. Before my wedding, I had never been there, but it's the cutest and girliest little venue, with fun decor, and friendly staff who really make you feel special.

I had a trial with Lorna and she was very patient while we tried to figure out my preferences. I didn't really know what I wanted, so it took a lot of experimentation and a second visit to get it right, but Jennie and Lorna were incredibly accommodating and helpful in ensuring that I had the perfect look for my big day.

On the day of the wedding, we didn't visit the salon, we asked Lorna to come on-site, which worked perfectly for me. Lorna arrived early and was ready to get right to work. She took care in helping all of us and, when time got short, she remained cool and calm under pressure.

Overall, I thought they were a great company to work with, especially if you're getting married in this area. I didn't find anything comparable in the area, in terms of their quality and expertise. It is a tad pricey, but you get what you pay for.

PS-If you're considering airbrushing--I went with the airbrushing option, which worked really well for me given that I have really smooth skin, but I wasn't sure I loved it on my mom who was a bit less smooth, shall we say. However, Lorna did review the options with us and I'm not certain if my mom picked airbrushing or if that was the recommendation. Either way, she still looked beautiful and everyone's makeup lasted through the night.

Sent on 11/21/2015

Kate · Married on 06/13/2015

Lorna did my, my sister and my mother's makeup for my June 2015 wedding. It was stunning and we loved it. Lorna was very professional and extremely patient with my trial. She did an amazing job with the fake lashes- they were perfect. Would recommend JF and Lorna - book early!

Sent on 07/29/2015

Amy · Married on 06/26/2010

Jennie is not only a brilliant makeup artist, she is also so fun to work with! Not only did I feel and look beautiful on my wedding day, but I also had a blast working with her. She was very responsive to my budget and my needs.

Sent on 08/04/2010

Liza Rollins · Married on 08/24/2019

Natural makeup that made be feel beautiful!

Lorna did such an amazing job at my August 24th wedding. I rarely wear makeup, so I was scared that I could easily look "overdone", but Lorna nailed it! I loved my eyelashes so much that I (attempted) to keep them on for as long as I could post-wedding. She listened to all of my bridesmaids individual requests/suggestions and made them all look stunning. I can't thank her enough!

Sent on 09/09/2019

Meagan · Married on 09/23/2017

The team from Jennie Fresa was professional, helpful and great listeners. I had a few hiccups with achieving the look during trials but they tried to accommodate me in every way and by the time we got to the wedding both artists knew exactly what the plan was. The bridal party all looked so beautiful and not over-done. I worked with Corey who was so sweet and once we got connected knew exactly what look I was going for (glowy and fresh but still done up)

Sent on 10/16/2017

Camille · Married on 09/03/2016

Great experience! We were a rowdy group and Tricia put up with us and kept laughing with us, even through some serious stress. Only gave 4 stars for value because the trial was a little pricey (considering some other companies included it in the price). But it was definitely worth the price, she did an awesome job! All my ladies looked incredible.

Sent on 09/13/2017

Jennie Fresa was recommended to me by our wedding venue, and I was delighted by the service provided. My make-up artist, Lorna Pulver, was excellent, and at my trial she really took the time to listen to me and to talk through my own personal style and wishes for the day. She was helpful by email also. On the day itself, Lorna was prompt, efficient, and friendly, and did a beautiful job of make up for myself, my bridesmaid and my mother. I would wholeheartedly recommend her.

Sent on 05/07/2015

Megan · Married on 07/06/2014

I hired Jennie Fresa for hair & makeup services for myself, and my four bridesmaids, with the late additions of my mother and mother-in-law. I went to the quaint little studio location in Clinton for my trials with Maureen (makeup) and Renee (hair). Both of them were amiable and fun to chat with, and they did great work. The studio has a teeny shop in it with beauty products and jewelry, and I ended up purchasing my bridesmaids these necklaces that are handmade by a local designer and for sale in the shop. I chatted with Jennie herself for a bit, and she helped me special order two additional necklaces. She was friendly, prompt, and professional.

The day of the wedding both Maureen and Renee arrived on schedule. They did gorgeous work on everyone. I have thin hair and wanted an elaborate up-do. Renee does amazing things with clip-in hair extensions. Maureen applies makeup so gently you barely feel anything. She was also very accommodating when my both my Mother and Mother-in-law decided they wanted to have their makeup done as well.

Great local vendor who employs real talent!

Sent on 07/25/2014

Chanel · Married on 09/27/2015

Tricia provided on-site makeup services for me, 4 bridesmaids, the MOB and the MOG for my wedding in Westport, CT. Everyone absolutely loved their makeup and looked phenomenal and natural at the same time. Tricia was a pleasure to work with throughout the process from my trial to the actual big day and had great suggestions. She was also a very calming presence with me being the last to have my makeup done. The process with booking the makeup artist was very organized and professional and the team did a great job keeping me on track with the contracts and payments. The only reason I did not give a full 5 stars was that it was a little difficult for me to get my trial scheduled (there wasn't much flexibility since I needed to come on a weekend), but we made it work! I would 100% recommend using Jennie Fresa Beauty for your wedding makeup and specifically Tricia. I wish I lived closer to the beauty bar so I could go the next time I have a makeup need!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Morgan · Married on 05/12/2018

3.5

Lorna at Jennie Fresa did my wedding day makeup as well as my mom/bridal party. The whole booking process was quick and easy. Lorna drove to the hair salon and did our makeup while we got our hair done. We all looked beautiful by the end of the morning!

Sent on 05/29/2018

3.5

I loved my wedding makeup and hair services from Jennie Fresa. Renne Marie Russo did my hair and did a phenomenal job. She did exactly what I wanted on the day of even though I had a different hairstyle at my trial. I would recommend her to anyone & everyone-I did that just and one of my best friends used her for her wedding! She really made my day special and was a pleasure to be around. Use her for your wedding! You won't regret it!

Sent on 05/15/2015

Naomi · Married on 09/21/2014

3.0

Jennie has hired an amazing and talented team of hair and makeup stylists who are all lovely, warm, welcoming and willing to go above and beyond to ensure the bride and her attendants are as comfortable (and beautiful) as possible. The team offers the latest and greatest in services from airbrush to lash extensions and were an overall joy to work with. While they are not the most inexpensive option out there, I will say this team is absolutely worth the money. I felt gorgeous and my mom, mother in law and attendants all looked amazing. I also felt my opinion was respected and valued which is an important plus.

Sent on 10/05/2014
  • Natasha

Natasha · Married on 07/07/2012

3.5

Maureen Suillivan from Jennie Fresa Makeup and Skincare Boutiquerie was great! She traveled to my venue day of the wedding and made me and my bridal party look beautiful. I did not have time to schedule a consultation prior to my event, but was very pleased with the natural look she created.

Sent on 08/27/2012

Jennifer · Married on 11/08/2015

Tricia from Jennie Fresa did my makeup for my wedding on November 8th 2015. She also did makeup for my mother and sister.

I did an airbrush makeup trial with Tricia in July and loved it; she was very nice and helpful and listened well, making suggestions where necessary. When I decided to go with a matte lip instead of a glossed lip, she made 3 lip color suggestions which I was able to try out on my own.

She made me look glamorous while still looking like myself- I got compliments on my makeup all day! She understood the retro, pin up look I was going for but was able to bring it down just a touch for a bridal-appropriate look. Her suggestion of a gold glitter liner on top of the black liner was perfect as well.

My mother is extremely picky and my sister rarely wears makeup, but they were both really pleased as well! So happy to work with her!

Sent on 11/12/2015