Jenna Perfette Photography Reviews

53 | Somerville, NJ

53 Reviews for Jenna Perfette Photography

53 Jenna Perfette Photography Reviews

Rachel · Married on 11/18/2017

My husband and I loved working with Jenna. She was the best part of our wedding day! The entire process was personalized to our needs, from the type of package we purchased to the types of photos we wanted taken. We recommend Jenna to everyone looking for a photographer for any occasion, not only weddings.

Kristina · Married on 10/13/2017

Jenna was amazing! The photos from our wedding are absolutely breathtaking; we had a VERY unique theme and she was able to capture every little detail; I don't think any other photographer would have made us feel as camera-friendly as Jenna did. She was able to keep all the photos spontaneous but also glamorous. She is worth every penny and so easy to contact; I don't think our wedding would be half as memorable without her!

Chris · Married on 09/23/2017

Jenna was an absolute pleasure to work with. She does amazing work and was well organized. Highly recommended.

• Ellaytee

Lauren · Married on 09/01/2017

A lot of people will tell you a good photographer is one of the most important parts of your wedding - and they really aren’t wrong. While planning our wedding I did the smart move of “shopping around” and giving myself options... honestly though, as far as photography goes, there are no other options - there is Jenna, and only Jenna Perfette.

Jenna is calm, helpful and never pushy like some vendors are - she will never hold information from you until you’ve given a deposit or signed a contract. Jenna is organized and on top of every single step in the process. She won’t bombard you with mass emails but conveniently reminds you of what should be done by when... and if you’re going a little crazy and get overwhelmed that’s okay too, she understands. She breaks down every single minute of your big day so when the time comes - every other vendor knows what should be happening and how they can work together to make your day run smoothly. All of this speaks volumes of her immaculate prepping process and I haven’t even commented yet on what a genuinely amazing person she is. I could fangirl her all day long because plain and simple - she is fun to be with. I’m not remotely comfortable having my picture taken and neither is my husband but Jenna instantly puts you at ease and all of you’re sudden you’re laughing, having a good time, and she has handfuls of beautiful pictures to show for it. My husband enjoyed cracking jokes with Jenna, my mother and mother in law adored how polite Jenna was and how easy she made the picture taking process. My priest loved how respectful she was of the alter and my guests loved being able to easily order affordable prints of themselves from Jenna. Lastly, as a bride, I couldn’t possibly be more fortunate for working with Jenna. She is BY FAR the best money spent for our wedding. Definitely give Jenna a chance and you will be amazed by what a pleasure it is to work with her.

Amy · Married on 08/18/2017

Organized, thoughtful, and creative. Jenna is the best wedding vendor decision we made. We initially hired her for her stunning photography work, but Jenna is so much more. She patiently collaborates with you on the entire timeline. She plans out the important portraits but is also not afraid to be spontaneous. She even holds the bouquet for you and is prepared with multiple umbrellas in case it rains! Jenna is so friendly, approachable, and kind, and she makes the whole wedding planning process and wedding day stress-free. We highly recommend Jenna! The only regret we have is not also hiring her for our engagement session!

Lauren · Married on 07/07/2017

Aside from choosing my husband, hiring Jenna was the best decision I made for our wedding day! I knew before even seeing her photographs that we wanted to work with Jenna- her warm presence and contagious energy immediately made us feel comfortable and relaxed. Of course, after seeing samples of her beautiful work, we were sold! Jenna was there to help us out every step of the way and truly went above and beyond what I would have expected from a wedding photographer. She provided us with stellar referrals for music, flowers, hair and makeup- she even helped me look for bridesmaid dresses. We appreciated how Jenna really took the time to sit with us and plan out the timeline of the day. Her availability and response time were beyond exceptional, and her experience and creativity were so clearly evident on our wedding day. I'm not the only one who loved working with Jenna- after the wedding., we received so much positive feedback from the bridal party, guests, and even all of the other vendors! I am looking forward to working with Jenna again in the future and would recommend her to anyone and everyone.

mildred · Married on 06/17/2017

My wedding was last June 17th 2017. It was my 3rd wedding and I was not intending on having a photographer. Did not have one for either of my previous weddings. I attended my friends 60th bithday party a week before my wedding. Jenna was the photographer and I was so very impressed with her. So impressed thah I asked my friend for Jenna's contact info. I called her on Monday the 12th of June 5 days before my wedding!!. I was in luck!! Jenna was available for a late day wedding on the 17th . I was so surprised and so thrilled. It was meant to be. It was the best decision. She was perfect. Not overwhelming and in your face as many photograhe'rs are. She did a fantastic job and everyone complimented on how unassuming and flexible and nice she was. I would highly recommend Jenna!! I hope i have another occasion so I could hire her again!!

Christopher · Married on 05/20/2017

How can I convince you to hire Jenna for your wedding? Or your engagement, bar mitzvah, epic Halloween party - whatever! I think I can do it best by separating the artist from the art:

The Artist: From a personality/vibe standpoint, Jenna is perfect. She's professional, prepared, prompt, all the stuff you want from a photographer. But she's also ridiculously fun, energetic, creative, and just... cool. We immediately hit it off, and throughout our pre-ceremony photos she kept us laughing and engaged (to avoid those awkward 'forced smile' pics after taking what feels like millions of pictures). Neither my husband nor I particularly love getting our picture taken, but she kept us from looking like it! If you come to her with a lot of energy and enthusiasm, she will match it ten-fold. She listens to your ideas, but also provides helpful guidance/reassurance for people like me who came into the whole wedding photo thing with zero idea of the type of pictures that *should* be taken, when, how, etc. Just on her personality, I say book her!

The Art: I first fell in love with Jenna's photography because she has a wonderful capacity to capture the intimate, the spontaneous, the hilarious - all the unscripted moments of your event that really make it memorable, and really provide a full picture of the day. We're working with her on putting together our album now, and some of my favorite shots are of all of my guests having fun, dancing, hugging, laughing... You don't get that kind of joy from a staged photo. Not to say her staged ("formal") photos aren't great - they are! She and her co-photographer worked off each other so well, letting each capture their inspiration in a given setting, and always keeping us at ease, which made for hundreds of fantastic frame-, tweet-, insta-worthy photos at the end of it all. I'm amazed at her ability to take that crazy day and capture it so beautifully. The hardest part has been limiting how many photos I want to display!

Leigh Anne · Married on 05/13/2017

Finding the perfect photographer to fit your style and personality is no easy task. After meeting with Jenna, my husband and I knew we wanted her to be a part of our wedding day! Jenna is talented, organized, professional and super fun to work with. It rained (a lot) on our wedding day, Jenna made sure we had enough umbrellas for everyone and knew exactly how to capture great shots amongst the rain (they are some of my favorite pictures). My greatest advice is to LOVE your photographer, you will work with them a lot before, during, and after the wedding. You will be very happy if you choose Jenna Perfette Photography. Thank you Jenna for an amazing experience and being patient with us on this crazy wedding journey!

Jenna Perfette Photography 1

Kerri · Married on 01/21/2017

Loved, loved, loved having Jenna as our photographer! I can't say enough good things about her. We knew we liked her right off the bat...she makes you feel so comfortable with her fun and friendly demeanor. Jenna was extremely attentive to us and all the things we were looking for in a photographer, responsive, and full of wonderful suggestions through all parts of the process.

We had our engagement shoot in Lambertville and we were a little nervous, but she made things so relaxed and easy. We gave her some ideas of shots we were interested in capturing and let her run with them, and we were not disappointed! She has an amazing eye and I felt 100% confident in letting her run the show...and I am a bit of a control freak. We LOVED how our engagement photos turned out and we were so excited for our wedding next.

Jenna truly went above and beyond for our wedding. She was such a joy to have around, and I hardly felt like I was being photographed all day. I also knew that I could speak honestly and candidly with her which is a great thing. Not only is Jenna super sweet and fun, but she also knows how to get down to business and take charge of the crowd in the nicest of ways. She was excellent about getting our bridal party and families lined up and efficiently capturing the many, many shots we had requested for the day. AND she's funny! We're pretty silly, and we had a pretty wild bunch at our wedding, and she was a perfect addition to our day.

Our. wedding. pictures. are. GORGEOUS! Jenna presented our photos to us an in amazing slideshow, and we absolutely loved reliving our big day over again. We have received so many compliments from friends and family on how beautiful our photos are. We are so thrilled that we chose her as our photographer

Elaine · Married on 12/10/2016

Jenna was an awesome photographer! She was fun to work with and totally made me feel comfortable. She's fun and has lots of energy... always suggested fun poses to try that came out beautifully! She was never intrusive during our ceremony which was very important to us. I would totally recommend Jenna.

Lee · Married on 10/15/2016

Working with Jenna is an absolute pleasure!

Jenna was one of our favorite vendors to work with throughout our entire wedding process. She is very down to earth and super easy to talk to, this was extremely important for me as I was very nervous about the planning process. Every step of the way, from engagement shoot to creating a wedding album, Jenna was always looking out for mine and my husband's best interest. She wants to make sure her customers are happy, that is her number one goal!

Jenna so easily saw my vision for our wedding day, after briefly explaining my thoughts Jenna said " Oh don't worry, I got you" and she so did! I wanted a very laid back feel, my goal was to have everyone involved enjoy it. Jenna helped us develop a timeline that worked and kept everyone at ease, especially me. Our wedding day so amazing, I didn't even have to think twice about timing as Jenna was always there to guide us. She even knew how to keep my very excited MOB in line! Our first look went so smoothly and so did all the family pictures, she works great with moms, dads, kids and grandfathers, everyone loved her! My husband and I were able to enjoy the cocktail hour that we planned with our bridal party and guests, this was very important to us!

After our wedding all of my guests commented on how they didn't even know a photographer was there! She was so professional, easy to work with but most of all she always had a smile on her face!! Hiring Jenna was the best decision I made for my wedding!

Jenna was amazing from start to finish. We did not have the biggest budget and she was able to get us everything we wanted for our big day. Our wedding was June 2016 and we did not even find Jenna until February! She had so many examples of her work and the options available we were never confused about what we could have for our special day. There were a ton of kids at our wedding and her and her photographers never lost their smiles when corralling all the rugrats. We also used Jenna for our engagement session, and was able to select the most beautiful spots in the location we picked.

Very prompt returns on all our emails, more often than not she was poking us to finalize a detail. We would definitely recommend Jenna for your next big event that needs photography!

Carrie · Married on 07/02/2016

Jenna has such an amazing talent for capturing ‘moments.' She has a way making you feel so comfortable with being in front of the camera, that you don't even feel like you're being photographed.
    Having a photographer as amazing as Jenna means that the photos you receive are of the highest quality. Whenever we take out our wedding album and review the photos, we are looking back and reliving the best day of our lives.
    Thank you Jenna for playing such a key roll in our special day!! You made me feel like a princess!

Lindsay · Married on 07/01/2016

Jenna is awesome to work with! She is easy-going, easy to talk to, and very accommodating. During the planning process, she was great at listening to, and respecting our preferences, as well as suggesting new ideas! Jenna was always a smiling face, quickly became a friend, and struck a perfect balance between interacting with bridal party/guests or sticking behind the scenes as appropriate. On our wedding day, Jenna made us feel completely comfortable and most importantly, took some awesome photos!

• EatKnitRun

Jacquelyn · Married on 05/22/2016

Jenna photographed our wedding in 2016 and took our engagement photos in 2014. Each time working with her was a pleasure, and we are seriously impressed with our photos. For us, Jenna was more than a wedding photographer. She was a calming presence and advocate for us on a happy day that was also very busy and stressful. As for more specifics, Jenna is not afraid to get down and dirty to get the best shots (she took off her shoes and socks and waded into a creek for a few of our engagement photos--at the end of November) and she will take time to adjust your hair, veil, or the angle of your chin yet still manage to make creatively posed shots look totally spontaneous and candid. She also has impeccable taste in her printed product offerings, and is happy to give you advice on the best way to print photos on your own if your budget is smaller than your wishes.

Sarah · Married on 05/07/2016

Jenna photographed both our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures. She was absolutely fabulous! We found her through our wedding venue because we fell in the love with the work she did on previous weddings at the Lambertville Station Inn. We met her about a year before the wedding and she remained in contact the whole entire time which made our wedding anxiety minimal. She was right on point with the timeline she prepared for us for the big day! We were completely obsessed with our wedding photos and still are! I am still highly impressive with the shots she captured at our wedding. I highly recommend Jenna for al your wedding needs.

• Kate

Kate · Married on 08/15/2015

We first became familiar with Jenna through a friend's wedding. Ironically, the images that she captured of my husband and I as guests were the first photos taken of us as a couple. We adored those images along with the rest of her work, and knew we had to give her a call when it came to our own wedding.

We interviewed a few other photographers and found that not only would we get the most for our money with her, she was instantly likable. We were definitely most comfortable with her and most confident that she'd do a great job capturing the essence of our day. She also completely sold my husband and I on the concept of a "first look". She wasn't pushy and left the decision up to us, but she just presented the benefits of the scenario. When I relayed what she'd said to my husband, without even talking to her, his response was "Hire her. I was dead set against a first look, but even your second-hand retelling of her thoughts totally changed my mind... and if she can do that before I even meet her, then I know she's good."

We had engagement and wedding photos done with Jenna and the entire experience was nothing but pleasant. She made scheduling very easy, and was quick to answer any questions we had - she was also very thorough in her answers, which was helpful in that I didn't have to keep calling her back to satisfy concerns. She was also very organized and accounted for everything beforehand. Despite the awkwardness of posing and the awkwardness that comes with family on the wedding day, she made us feel comfortable and was highly complimentary the whole time. She was open to ideas and suggestions and got every shot we could have wanted.

Jenna captured the best day of our lives exactly how we wanted it and BETTER. Her beautiful images remind us all the time of how beautiful our day looked AND felt. Jenna comes HIGHLY recommended!! We love her!! <3<3

Erin · Married on 07/31/2015

Jenna is kind, professional, and best of all- gets amazing shots! Jenna was incredibly organized throughout the entire process of our planning. She made both my husband and myself feel so comfortable with her and it really shows in our pictures. She showed us a ton of her work at our first meeting including photo books she had created, trinkets from weddings, and examples of the types of shots she is capable of getting. She then contacted us to set up an engagement shoot. We had decided on peddler's village in New Hope because it is a special place to my husband and me. Jenna stayed for an extra hour to make sure that she got shots of us with the Christmas lights because she remembered us specifically mentioning them during our consultation- going above and beyond the call of duty. She made the day of our engagements shoot so much fun and so enjoyable. She then had us to her office to review the engagement session photos and pick the items we wanted from them. We ended up with a fantastic guest book for our wedding that is now sitting on our coffee table! On the actual wedding day, Jenna again made us feel at ease. She was able to keep our bridal party comfortable in the shade in the middle of the summer, and again get some amazing shots. If you are looking for a wedding photographer- get in touch with Jenna Perfette! You will be wowed over and over again!

• Meg

Meg · Married on 07/25/2015

​Jenna Perfette was hands down our favorite vendor we worked with throughout the entire wedding process!

We first stumbled upon Jenna when I was looking up photos of venues. Her photos on Google Image not only helped us book our amazing venue, but also helped us realize exactly what type of wedding we wanted. ​Jenna worked with us on photo locations, shot lists, and most importantly, our timeline of the day. She had helpful tips that made our day run smoothly. She and her team are not intrusive photographers - we barely knew they were at the wedding, but have the most amazing photos of everything! After the wedding, Jenna was SUPER helpful when putting together our wedding albums, as well as other items we purchased.

Most importantly, our photos are STUNNING. They capture our wedding day and the love that surrounded us in a way I can't describe.

Jenna's talent is insurmountable.​ She made the entire process of hiring, booking, and working with a wedding photographer stress free and fun. Definitely book her!​

My husband did not participate much in the wedding planning. He is shy, barely talked when meeting with potential vendors, and expressed little opinion of them in general. But after two minutes of Skypeing with Jenna, he turned to me and said "Hire her."

Jenna made us feel so comfortable during our wedding day. We hate posing for photos, but Jenna was able to get us to relax and act more like ourselves. All of the photos look amazing; we're having trouble deciding which ones we'd like to display in our home because there are so many options to choose from.

Roberta · Married on 10/18/2014

Jenna Perfette provided the photogaphy for my daughter's wedding at Windham Mountain, NY. She is a true professional and so organized. The event went smoothly as Jenna outlined with the bride and groom how the day would go and planned the picture taking to mesh with their day. The bride and groom had pictures taken prior to the ceremony and were free to greet and mingle with the guests during the cocktail hour. She took the planned pictures efficiently and followed through with so many tremendous candid shots. We are just beginning to see the proofs and the pictures are outstanding--she truly captured the uniqueness of this outdoor couple and their joy in getting married. What I loved most is that we forgot that she was taking pictures--Jenna did her job and did a tremendous job. We didn't forget you Jenna, we have already recommended you to 5 couples that have just become engaged.

Mary · Married on 10/11/2014

Jenna was referred to us by our wedding venue and boy did we luck out. Jenna’s talent for capturing the most special and unique moments in photo is unbelievable. She has a great personality, is fun, and engaging. She makes you feel like you are hanging out with your friend, which puts you at ease and no matter how uncomfortable you are in front of the camera, you would never suspect it from the photos.

Her turnaround time is quick, her communication with her clients is stellar, and she makes the “reveal” special for her clients and something to look forward to. The whole experience with her as been nothing short of perfect (Engagement AND Wedding photos). You don’t feel like just another client with her. In her own very special and creative ways she reminds her clients that they are important and remains in touch throughout the entire planning period. This is what really stood out to us most about Jenna, besides the amazing photographs of course!

For all of our future special events, Jenna will be our person to capture those memories. I can’t wait to work with her again and continue to gain more professional, high quality images for my family and friends to look back on.

Jen did a great job with our wedding photos! She made the most of our locations, and she was very creative. Jen was also very good at responding to emails and we really appreciated her enthusiasm! Also she was great with sending our photos.

Jenna made things very easy, coordinating with us before the wedding and even scoping out the venue beforehand. She had every little detail covered, really helping to alleviate the stress on us. Day of went very smoothly, with Jenna fitting in all of our first look pictures in a limited timeframe, covertly getting some great pictures during the ceremony, and worked great with the families (including the youngsters) after the ceremony as well. I don't know how many times my mother has asked "Where did you find that photographer? She was really great!"

I would definitely recommend Jenna for your wedding! Thanks Jenna!