Jen Plus Colour Reviews

86 | Palm Desert, CA

86 Reviews for Jen Plus Colour

Alissa · Married on 03/30/2013

Jen did both my hair and makeup for my March '13 wedding. I am from San Diego but got married in Indian Wells, and, although I searched and searched online, I had a tough time finding any listings, reviews or recommendations for an on-site hair & makeup artist in the greater Palm Springs area. Luckily my florist, David Rohr (also amazing) recommended Jen Plus Colour, and I am so happy he did. I met her for our trial run at Sherry Mesa the Salon, and after that trial I was so pleased that I booked her on the spot. She was able to deliver exactly the look I told her I wanted for my wedding day. In addition to her competence and skill with hair and makeup, she was professional and punctual, and always responded to my emails in a timely manner leading up to the big day. That is super important to a bride! If you are looking for someone to do your hair and/or makeup for your big day, you'll be in good hands with Jen.

Dana · Married on 10/06/2012

Jennifer did both my hair and make-up, as well as the girls in my bridal party. I wanted a specific look for my bridal party and she was able to take what I had described (and pictured in my head) and make it a reality. I received so many compliments on my bridesmaids hair and make-up and how well all of the different looks were able to compliment each other, as well as how beautifully they matched the theme. I could not have been happier with her service and I have recommended her to friends many times since my wedding.

Tabitha · Married on 08/08/2009

Jen did an amazing job with my wedding hair, along with a couple of my bridesmaids' hair as well. I would recommend her to anyone!

• Christine

Christine · Married on 00/00/0000

Makeup/hair goddess

I can't rave enough about Jen! I currently live in Cincinnati so finding the perfect hair stylist and makeup artist just by their instagram profile was a mission. But as soon as I saw Jen's portfolio I KNEW she was the one!

Her charismatic personality, and eye to detail was exceptional. Everyone loved her and her assistant, we can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 10/03/2019

Sarah · Married on 12/09/2017

Jen was simply fabulous. We exchanged emails a few times about what I wanted in my look including sharing a Pinterest board with her. Because I lived remote, we couldn't do the trial until the week of the wedding but I highly recommend doing the trial--less because Jen needs the practice and more so because it gives you, the bride, time to play and make adjustments without getting frazzled the day of. On the big day, Jen was such a pro and just nailed it. She understood the look I was going for and treated my sensitive skin with great care. My makeup lasted ALL DAY! She also did both my mother and mother-in-law's makeup and hair. They both raved about the service and from my POV it truly felt individual to them and seemed natural without looking overdone. And best of all, she is such a sweetheart. Great to chat with while you're sitting in the chair.

Sent on 01/06/2018

Dominique · Married on 06/03/2017

Jen did an INCREDIBLE job! She was very helpful and accommodating with how I wanted to do my hair/makeup. She is incredibly busy/booked, so it did take a couple days to receive a response back at times. However, the closer it got to our wedding day, the quicker her responses were- so no complaints there! Thank you Jen!!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Anna · Married on 03/19/2016

I live in Brooklyn, NY, but got married in Palm Springs, CA so I researched a ton and flew out to have trial sessions during our planning trip. I selected Jen for a number of reasons after the trial—first, I felt comfortable with her and we laughed a bunch during our first meeting. She's really easy going, quirky in the best way and she put me totally at ease. It was important to me to have someone that I was going to have fun hanging out with for the few hours that we spent together since it is supposed to be the best day from start to finish. We had a blast together on my wedding day. It felt like hanging out and gabbing with a friend. The next reason I selected Jen is that both the hair and makeup she did felt comfortable. I left other trials feeling like my face was caked with makeup and I couldn't wait to take it off. The makeup she did on my wedding day looked beautiful, but felt very natural, which is saying a lot because it was my first time wearing fake eyelashes. After she applied my makeup, I didn't think about it again for the rest of the night. I only reapplied lipstick once. The rest looked flawless from 3pm to 2am. I didn't even have to powder my nose. The side bun updo she created was the perfect mix of polish and slightly loose & messy—just what I was envisioning. Just like the makeup, the updo was really comfortable. I couldn't feel the bobby pins at all. One of my favorite pictures of the night is the selfie I took capturing how perfect my hair looked at the very end of the night. It looked great in every photo, all night long and I really got down on the dance floor. The last reason I selected Jen is that she has really great taste. She understood my vision and making sure I was happy was her priority. She encouraged me to provide her with the most honest feedback along the way and was able to change and adapt based on that feedback. She made me and my mother (who's hair and makeup she also did) look like the best, natural versions of ourselves.

Sent on 05/14/2016

Hannah · Married on 10/25/2014

I got extremely lucky having the lovely Jen do my wedding hair and make up, as I was on her cancellation list !! I was over the moon to have her! From the moment I met her she was on the exact same page as me I wanted a vintage glamorous look and it's exactly what I got! Jen is a wonderful lady funny and easy to talk to. I've worked in the beauty industry for 10 years and Jen is seriously talented I doubt there's much she couldn't do hair and make up wise. Everyone back in london keeps asking who did my hair and make up and that it was so amazing!! So thanks again Jen!! Best wishes!

Sent on 11/03/2014

Crystal Duran · Married on 11/03/2018

Jen and team are great!

Jen was one of the first vendors I booked because of all the great reviews I read online. She and her team did a great job for my wedding. Jen was super communicative during the whole process from scheduling my trial to adjusting the makeup/hair timeline for the big day. On top of how professional Jen was she's also just awesome to hang out with. From the first time we met during the trial and on the actual wedding day she put me at ease; it was so easy to joke around and chat with her that time flew by. Jen also listened to all my makeup needs, even when I wanted my super long and fabulous lashes. My mom also loved Jen too! I would def recommend hiring her and her team!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Tess · Married on 02/19/2017

I would highly recommend Jen for wedding hair and makeup both! Some other vendors in the area may be a little cheaper, but let me tell you, you get what you pay for with Jen! She is so funny and put me instantly at ease, captured my vision for glam boho, and was so accommodating and flexible. Thank you Jen! You helped make my day! The trial was fun too. PS ladies- go for the fake lashes perk!

Sent on 04/06/2017

Natalie · Married on 10/29/2016

What I loved about Jen was that she was relaxed and chill which made the getting ready process so easy and fun. She wasn't stuffy or fake, but rather was extremely genuine and authentic. She gave honest opinions and feedback on make-up and hair. I thought my make-up as stunning, I thought my bridesmaids were absolutely gorgeous. My mother-in-law and mom were perfection. The only hair I didn't like was my own which I think was a result of not knowing exactly what I wanted. I would have liked more opportunities for trials to figure it out, but unfortunately I only did one trial because it was $200 a trial so maybe go to someone that is less expensive and practice and then come to Jen with exactly what you want. Either way she will make you and your party look gorgeous!

Sent on 03/15/2017