Jen Plus Colour Reviews

86 | Palm Desert, CA

86 Reviews for Jen Plus Colour

• Alexis

Alexis · Married on 09/15/2018

Natural never looked soo glamorous!

I absolutely LOVED working with Jen! My daily makeup routine is pretty minimal and I wanted a natural look for my wedding day. She listened to every vague input i gave and somehow figured out exactly what I was asking for! I have combination skin but she made my skin look glowing and she somehow made my brown eyes totally pop. We did a rehearsal session the day before so we could make tweaks the day of, but she absolutely nailed it on the first try! I loved the makeup she used, it didn't feel heavy or caked on and it lasted through the summer heat and sweaty dance floor. Not only did she do a stellar job, but I absolutely loved working with her. She's soo much fun to be around, rolled with the punches when the schedule didn't quite go as planned, and she just made me feel soo relaxed and calm. She also gives you a lip and touchup kit that came in handy all night long. I'm soo thankful to have had her on my big day, not only did she do a stellar job on me and my party, but she was such a joy to be around.

Sent on 10/26/2018

Christina · Married on 06/02/2018

After interviewing close to 16 hair and makeup consultants I decided on Jen. Not because she was the least expensive but because of who she is, and how she made me feel at ease in chatting with her. She is organized beyond words - provides a timeline to match with the coordinator, provides the cutest touch up kits too! I had a very specific vision of my hair and makeup and Jen was extremely patient and made my vision a reality! My makeup and hair was perfection and I couldn’t be happier - I was at peace knowing Jen understood what I wanted and I trusted her to make it happen. She did my hair and makeup and one of my bridesmaids and we looked gorg - it was like we were hanging out with a friend that was doing our makeup! I’m beyond words grateful for Jen and her talent and above all I have found a forever hair gal and makeup gal in PD and a friend!

Sent on 06/15/2018

Sarah · Married on 05/27/2018

I had a wonderful experience booking Jen for my wedding. From the trial session to my wedding day she was nothing but professional, positive and a calming breath of fresh air. Jen brought a great group to help her out with my bridal party and I had countless positive comments from my bridesmaids and guests about how beautiful everyone's hair and makeup was. As the bride, I was indecisive until my wedding day about how I wanted my hair and Jen took it all in stride and was able to interpret my vision. I felt absolutely stunning on my wedding day. My hair and makeup exceeded all my expectations.

Jen makes sure the bride and bridesmaids natural beauty shines though and is fantastic to work with! Can't thank you enough for making me feel radiant on my wedding day. You are the best, Jen!

Sent on 06/17/2018

Mary · Married on 05/25/2018

Jen is an absolute gem! I consider myself very particular and I like things to be done a certain way which is why it takes me a long time to decide on anything especially if it's an investment but after following Jen for over a year on Instagram I knew she would be the perfect investment for my wedding as a hair and make-up artist. She listens, doesn't do anything bold unless you request it. She keeps to your natural beauty and is so lovely to hang out with all day on your special day! You won't regret her!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Ellie · Married on 05/04/2018

Jen and her assistant provided hair and make up for my bridesmaid, my mom and a few of my friends who wanted to look especially lovely on my wedding day. Jen also did my hair, and I couldn’t be more thrilled to have her talent and professionalism on the day. Jen listened to the needs and wants for my friends who knew exactly what they wanted, and guided those who really had no idea at all. It was a true delight spending the time with Jen whilst we all got ready; she made sure we stuck to our schedule without ever making anyone feel rushed or hurried. I spent a couple of hours with Jen a few weeks before the day to try out a few styles and make sure picture were taken so that she was able to recreate the final style. Everyone loved their final looks and still looked picture perfect after a few steamy hours on the dance floor. Thank you, Jen, it was a pleasure working with you- if only we could do it all again!

Sent on 05/30/2018

Katie · Married on 03/31/2018

Jen was a recommendation from my pal who is a photographer in the wedding industry. Jen totally knocked it out of the park and made not only myself, but all 8 of my bridesmaids, look absolutely fantastic. Not only did she do an excellent job and stay true to schedule, but she's a joy to chat with. She's one of the best decisions I could have made to make the day so special.

Sent on 04/13/2018

Melinda · Married on 03/03/2018

Jen was such an absolute pleasure to work with throughout my whole wedding experience. Her talent is obvious from the pictures she shares so I wasn’t worried about that, but what I loved most is her fun real spirit. She isn’t all talk, just totally normal and made me feel calm on the day. Plus - I loved my makeup! Can’t recommend her highly enough. Love ya girl!

Sent on 03/26/2018

Jenelle · Married on 02/21/2018

Wonderful from start to finish - I felt that I could trust Jen and her work right away and when planning a wedding from a distance, peace of mind is everything. The day of was relaxing, easy going and what she did for me was exactly what I had pictured for myself on my big day.

Sent on 05/16/2018

Thomas · Married on 02/17/2018

Jen and her team were outstanding! From the very beginning of the process, Jen was so kind and professional, and helped guide us through exactly what each of us would need for the big day. Her makeup and styling was beautiful, and the girls looked incredible (and were so happy with how they looked!). We cannot recommend her enough if you are getting married in Palm Springs or anywhere in the Coachella Valley. She is outstanding!!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Lauren · Married on 02/10/2018

Jen and her team FAR exceeded my expectations. Working with her was an absolute dream. I had a fabulous trial and Jen was open to any and all changes I wanted and we were able to lock down the perfect look. On the wedding day her and the team were on time and so efficient it allowed us to relax and not be stressed while getting ready. Each and everyone of my bridesmaids looked and felt amazing! Jen somehow made me look even 100x better than at the trial, I am not sure how she did it but I was glowing like I couldn't even believe. Jen really means what she says when she has mastered the "natural look" I didn't have that much makeup done but still felt like a star. Jen seriously helped make my day perfect and on top of that my hair and makeup lasted the WHOLE night. After 3 full hours of dancing I looked like I had just gotten up off of her chair. The fact that she includes a touch up kit is such a nice plus but I almost didn't need it since I still looked so good! Jen is the best, I would recommend her over and over again. The pictures below are not even from our professional photographer, that is how good she made me look and feel!

Sent on 02/14/2018

Leslie · Married on 11/19/2017

When her aunt told me and my fiancé that she had a daughter who was a talented hair and make-up artist in Palm Springs, I of course had my hesitance. But the more research I did on weddings and wedding vendors in the Palm Springs area, every photograph of a Bride whose make-up I fawned over, Jen was credited. I contacted her right away and booked her for my November wedding. I love Jen's unparalleled natural artistic talent because it is her passion and she truly knows her brand-- natural, classic, timeless beauty. I am very particular when it comes to my hair and make-up day to day, so when it came to my wedding I knew I had to find someone who I could trust completely, and Jen was that person. I knew I could show her a few images of beauty and hair inspiration and leave the remainder up to her. Just scroll through her Instagram, she's talented and consistent. I could not be more thankful for Jen for making me and my bridal party feel and look amazing-- plus she is a doll to hang out with and talk to while getting ready for your wedding!

Sent on 01/03/2018

Taylor · Married on 11/04/2017

I got married on November 4th and in the very beginning of the planning process I was eager to reach out to Jen to check availability and hopefully secure her services for the big day! After reading reviews and receiving personal recommendations there was no question of who I wanted for hair and makeup. Jen and her team did my bridal hair and makeup along with my 7 other bridesmaids/family members and the experience was phenomenal! Each and every one of my gals loved the end result and got exactly what they were asking for. Jen and team truly listened to each person's request and executed beautifully; our hair and faces lasted through out a long day/night of eating, drinking and dancing! My experience with Jen from the trial to the day of was awesome, we went through a couple of different style options during the trial before deciding on the bridal ponytail of my dreams! :) Jen is so creative with her styling ideas and not afraid to go outside the box a bit...I never envisioned having a ponytail for my wedding day but after trying it in Jen's chair I couldn't imagine my hair any other way. On the day of, with everyone calling on me and the nerves starting to build up Jen was super patient when we had to stop applying makeup so I could respond to someone or making sure the color of my lipstick was just the right pink and taking a minute for me to take a deep breath. She made me feel comfortable, it truly felt like I was hanging out with a friend. I would highly recommend Jen Plus Colour to all brides looking for a talented, fun yet professional hair and makeup team for the big day!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Shannon · Married on 10/28/2017

Jen and her team did an amazing job for my wedding. With 7 bridesmaids, 2 flower girls, myself and my future MIL, her team did an excellent job with so many women in one tiny hotel suite. The three times Jen did my hair and makeup (engagement photos, hair trial, and wedding day), I have never looked better or felt mkore beautiful in my life. I really do appreciate her hard work and precision when it comes to the look that I wanted. THANK you so much for being a part of my big day!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Bryce · Married on 10/21/2017

What an amazing job Jen did for our wedding. Everyone absolutely loved their make up and her hair stylist Melissa did a fantastic job as well. I would highly recommend her!!!

Sent on 11/12/2017

Chloe · Married on 10/14/2017

Jen did hair and makeup for my Palm Springs wedding earlier this month, and I couldn't recommend her more! She helped turn my wedding day vision into a reality, and my hair and makeup stayed flawless all night - even after dancing like crazy. Jen and her team did my bridesmaids' hair and makeup as well, and they all looked absolutely gorgeous and felt super confident. Jen is very personable and has great energy, and she is also extremely professional and organized. Thanks to Jen and her team, the morning of the wedding was stress-free and smooth, which helped set the tone for the rest of the day. I just wish I lived closer to Palm Desert so I could be a regular client of Jen's!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Vanessa · Married on 09/23/2017

Jen is MARVELOUS! I am a local from the Palm Springs area but was planning a wedding in San Luis Obispo. When there was a minute when I thought I would be having my wedding in the Coachella Valley I found Jen on WeddingWire and loved her looks. I did look up MUAH vendors in the San Luis Obispo area but I couldn't get Jen out of my head, I took a chance and asked if she would travel to SLO and she was into it! I’m a very shy person so I was very nervous going into trial but this beautiful lady made me feel comfortable from the moment we met! She wasn't worried when I told her that I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do but she went off of the few things I knew I wanted and she did her magic! Jen and her partner Nancy were amazing troopers and had no problem working a super early wedding day. I give full credit to Jen for effortlessly keeping my nerves down, she really made me feel like I was just hanging out with the girls listening to music and she is super funny! All of my girl looked flawless and I’ve never seen my mother look so gorgeous and I’ve never felt so beautiful, Jen truly blended my hair and makeup perfectly with my art deco style wedding dress. My makeup lasted all day and all night! Jen is a true artist, she’s super talented, incredibly kind and has a beautiful personality, she was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding day. You can see and feel that she loves what she does and cares about how you look as much as you do. Don't even question hiring her, just do it, you wont regret it!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Bettina · Married on 05/28/2017

Jen is incredible. I got married in Indian Wells and met Jen for the first time a month before my wedding for a trial. She looked through photos with me and we created a hair and makeup look that was perfect for me. She is super talented and I can't say enough about how much all the ladies in my wedding party loved her. She brought a team of hair and makeup artists to my wedding and did 10 people plus myself and my husband. Jen was great about creating a schedule that made my wedding day a lot less stressful. I can't not recommend her enough...her pricing is very fair as well.

Sent on 07/06/2017

Anna · Married on 05/14/2017

I booked Jen for my engagement session in Joshua Tree and I have no regrets whatsoever. I can't recommend her enough! I am actually a wedding planner in Southern California and have worked with a lot of hair and makeup artists. I have several hair and makeup artists that I work with consistently but I thought for my own engagement session I would find someone a little more local to the area to try out. I had fell in love with a few wedding blog posts from Palm Springs and what did they all have in common? Jen did the bride's hair and makeup so I know that this was meant to be. I reached out and thankfully she was available the weekend of our engagement session. Being in full swing of wedding season I didn't get a chance to do a hair and makeup trial (Something I am highly against because hair and makeup is so important - never try to save money by skipping out on the trial. The trial gives you a chance to figure out what looks good on you and works with your attire). Prior to the day I went over with Jen what I was thinking. Since I get my hair and makeup done a lot I kind of new what I wanted. On the day of Jen showed up right on time and did her magic. She was AMAZING. She had great questions to lock down the look and I could not have been happier. Even my fiance who sees me dolled up pretty frequently thought this was the best job anyone has done. She's worth every penny and then some. Don't skimp out of your hair and makeup for your day. Relax and enjoy it and have Jen take care of your and your entire wedding party.

Sent on 01/09/2017

Catherine · Married on 04/22/2017

Jen was a huge part of my wedding day. She not only made us all look beautiful, she made me feel so happy and calm as a bride. Everyone in our suite was impressed by her skill, her energy, and HER! I asked for tons of last minute changes- extra makeup- late night hair touch up when I changed my dress... She made it ALL work! Highly recommend her to anyone. Even my hair professionals were impressed by her!!

Sent on 06/13/2017

Sam · Married on 04/08/2017

JEN IS AMAZING!! Booking Jen was hands down the best decision I made. Not only is she so talented and will make you feel like a million bucks, she is also sooo much fun to hang out with - which really helps make getting ready for your big day relaxing, fun, and memorable! She did my hair and makeup, and all of my bridesmaids' hair and we were all so happy with the end product and received tons of compliments throughout the night! She also brought along her friend Nancy to do some of the bridesmaids' makeup and she also did a fantastic job! Do yourself a favour a book Jen for your wedding - I promise you'll have a great time and be thrilled with how you look! Thank you Jen for everything!!

Sent on 05/04/2017
  • F

Faith · Married on 04/01/2017

Jen and her team were amazing. I rearranged my schedule six times and she was extremely flexible and understanding. They truly listened to our taste and were willing to make any adjustments we asked for. Our make-up looked very natural and came out beautiful in photos. She also stayed for two hours for touch ups and even helped bustle my dress. Full service!

Sent on 04/12/2017

Jen is AMAZING! I felt at ease in her incredibly capable hands from the first few minutes of my hair and makeup trial with her. She took the time to listen carefully to what I wanted for my wedding look and delivered that vision! She is so talented with both makeup and hair--my makeup lasted all day (even with temps in the 90s!), I looked natural yet polished, and my naturally curly hair was styled to perfection. Plus, Jen kept me laughing in the makeup chair while I was getting ready--she has a great sense of humor and is so easy to get along with. I would HIGHLY recommend her to any bride--you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 03/27/2017

Nisha · Married on 11/25/2016

If I could give Jen 6 stars, I would. I met her last year on a styled bridal shoot that my then-fiance and I were models for, and I knew right away she was the one I needed for my big day. I had done so many makeup trials with 4 different makeup artists and there was always something off. When Jen finished my look, I looked in the mirror and loved everything about it! She gave me a warm glow, a beautiful brow, and it was very natural looking but still amped up my features. The products she uses are top notch and she listens to your wants and needs and was a breeze to work with.

For my actual wedding day, she arrived early, well prepared, and had remembered all my notes for which I gave her regarding my makeup and hair (yes she did my hair as well!) from previous meeting. Before we left for the venue, Jen gave me a little bag of extra product for touch ups, which I am definitely thankful for!

After a long day and night of tears, dancing, sweating, and laughing, my makeup stayed EXACTLY the same! Thank you Jen for making my day to remember a beautiful one!

Sent on 03/04/2017

Jamie · Married on 11/19/2016

Jen and her team were absolutely wonderful. Not only did she make my hair look beautiful during my hair trial and on my wedding day, but insured that her team made my bridesmaids look and feel gorgeous with amazing hair and makeup! She consulted with me every step of the way to make sure I felt comfortable with the style i was going for.

Jen has an ease about her that allows brides and their bridal party to focus on relaxing and enjoying themselves on the big day. I loved Jen's perspective and suggestions when it came to my hair and bringing my vision to life.

I would recommend her to EVERYONE looking for fantastic wedding hair and makeup!

Sent on 03/01/2017

Tina · Married on 10/28/2016

Jen is simply fantastic. Period!
    We had a destination wedding (I came all the way from Denmark) and it was a little nerve wrecking for me to find a make-up and hair stylist who I could completely trust in doing my hair and makeup. But all of that changed when I reached out to Jen. From my first inquiry I knew she was going to be awesome! She was very responsive and at my trial, she gave me a look that was natural and flawless!
    On my wedding day everything went smooth. Jen did my makeup and hair perfectly – and everyone was raving about how beautiful my look was. Even my husband who usually doesn’t like makeup said that my makeup was perfect.
    We got married on a really hot day but my makeup stayed looking fresh and beautiful the entire day and night – I looked as good at 3am as I did at our first look session at 3pm without without any touch-ups!
    In addition to being really good at her job and loving it, she is also super cool. She is very fun, calm and professional, which I really appreciated.
    I highly recommend using Jen to anyone, you will be so happy that you did!

Sent on 03/13/2017