Jen Fariello Photography LLC Reviews

Jen Fariello Photography LLC 2
Jen Fariello Photography LLC 3
Jen Fariello Photography LLC 4

Katheryn M. · Married on 11/17/2018

Phenomenal photography from an even more glowing person! Jen is the best!

I cannot say enough great things about Jen—she is a true artist! For starters, my husband and I are not necessarily “at ease” in front of the camera, but Jen worked her magic – putting us at ease right off the bat, with her enthusiasm and warm personality. She is also a visionary—seeing the perfect shot with the perfect backdrop comes naturally for her. This is so incredibly important for wedding photographers, because the day goes by in a blink of an eye, and finding a photographer who knows what, how and when to shoot so you don’t have to spend too much time taking photos is paramount to enabling you to spend time celebrating with your loved ones. She also does a fantastic job capturing candid photos of your guest (so you can see all the moments you may not be able to witness yourself live), and all the little details that you’ll want to remember forever. Lastly, everyone is naturally so eager to see “sneak peak” photos immediately after the wedding, and without prompting, Jen shared a wealth of amazing photos within a day or so after the wedding. We also got married in November, and our family wanted to use a photo for a Christmas card, and Jen was incredibly flexible and helpful in getting that photo over to us immediately so we could use it. In short, Jen is everything you could want or dream of re: a wedding photographer – 10/10 would recommend!

Melissa · Married on 12/31/2017

JEN. Where to even begin....this woman is a genius. From the moment I met her at my engagement shoot, to the last minutes of the wedding, I knew that I couldn't be in better hands - her talent knows no bounds. She has the most calming, genuine, and sweet personality, my friends and I have joked that we actually miss her since the wedding ended. Not to mention she is a trooper. We wanted our first look to be at the Lincoln Memorial, but it happened to be the coldest winter since the early 1900s. Despite this, Jen bundled up, put her game face on, and took the most epic pictures - with a smile on her face. She made my day so special, made me feel SO comfortable, and captured the most special moments of my entire life. Thank you Jen, you are amazing.

Jen Fariello Photography LLC 5
    Jen Fariello Photography LLC 6
    Jen Fariello Photography LLC 7
    Jen Fariello Photography LLC 8

Courtney · Married on 12/02/2017

We hired Jen as our photographer for our wedding this past December and had nothing but the best experience! From the moment we met her (I brought my parents and in-laws with me), we were sold! Her energy is contagious and you can tell that she puts her whole heart and soul into her photography - it shines through in every single photo she takes. My husband and I both don't love getting our photos taken, but Jen made us feel confident and comfortable! She also worked incredibly well with our entire family and made everyone feel at ease - all night, people were gushing about Jen and what a star she truly is! Jen, we can't thank you enough for making this part of our wedding so seamless and wonderful. You are forever in our hearts for giving us beautiful wedding photos that we will cherish for the rest of our lives!

Sarah · Married on 10/14/2017

I am NOT a picture person. Ask any of my friends and family, they'll tell you I'm the person who volunteers to take the group picture, so I don't have to be in it. Needless to say, I wanted beautiful wedding photos but was terrified of all the pictures I'd have to take on my big day...

My wedding planner Pineapple Productions (highly recommend them, too, BTW) suggested Jen Fariello. I loved her portfolio, and we booked her. My fiance and I had planned on taking engagement pictures and at the last minute had a family emergency and had to cancel, so I didn't actually meet Jen until my wedding day.

I liked her right away. She is so friendly and immediately made me feel comfortable in front of the camera. We did 2+ hours of posed family/bridal party pictures before the wedding - enough to exhaust any bride - but Jen was organized and efficient and made it as painless as possible!

My husband and I did a mini-moon and are taking a longer honeymoon in a few months. Imagine my delight when 2 days after the wedding I received a handful of "sneak peek" photos from Jen - and they were absolutely stunning!

Highly highly recommend working with Jen!

Christina · Married on 04/22/2017

Jen was a joy to work with. Her relaxed demeanor and upbeat personality put me, our families and wedding guests instantly at ease. She has a great eye, and composed stunning shots throughout our weekend. She captured everything I asked for, and all the things I didn't think to. We look forward to Jen capturing many future memories for us!

Mallory · Married on 06/25/2016

My fiance and I are SO happy that we've chosen Jen Fariello for our wedding photographer. She's THE BEST! During our engagement session, Jen made us both feel so comfortable and at ease. She's incredibly warm and friendly, and got to know the two of us in no time. Her work is so authentic, stunning and personal - we can't wait not only for our big day, but also look forward to working with her on other projects in the future!

Kate · Married on 04/16/2016

Jen was absolutely amazing! Not only did she take amazing photographs but she was a wealth of knowledge about the wedding industry and helped us find our way to a fantastic wedding planner, helped us figure out details that made a big difference like the time of our ceremony (the lighting was flawless), etc. Jen went out of her way to make everyone feel comfortable and relaxed, which shows in the photos. She is a true artist and her work is incredible-- and she loves it, which makes you excited to be a part of her process. We are so incredibly grateful to Jen and cannot recommend her highly enough.

• shaun

shaun · Married on 05/01/2015

Jen Fariello did the photography for our wedding at Pippin Hill on May 1st 2015. She also did our engagement pictures prior to that. My wife and her mom initially met with Jen along with a few other photography options and she was by far the best. Carrie called me right after meeting with Jen and said we've found our photographer. Jen brought several samples of her work and specifically of our venue. Others didn't even bring anything to the meet and greet which seemed weird to me. When I finally met Jen I quickly realized why she was the obvious choice. Her personality is addicting and she's always fun to be around. She knows what makes a great picture and a couple times during our wedding she brought us outside for some amazing pictures with a full moon in the background. Being the groom, and normally the one who doesn't like taking a lot of pictures, I honestly couldn't complain any time Jen came to us and said we have to get this shot. She was quick and efficient and her assistants were great too. My nephew has special needs and when we were doing the family pictures after the ceremony in the rain, her one assistant who was holding the umbrella for Jen so she could take the pictures while we were covered was willing the spin the umbrella to catch Tristan's attention. I thought this was so sweet of her and his eyes lit up in excitement. That really meant so much to me and my family just the extra mile Jen and her company are willing to go to in order to get the best pictures and make you feel comfortable while doing it. Even during the reception we had someone who wanted to join in while she was trying to take pictures of Carrie and I with each table and she never said a word.

Jen Fariello didn't ask us for a review but I'm happy to write one. If anyone needs a photographer its an easy choice: Jen Fariello. http://www.jenfariello.com/

She absolutely great and would recommend her to anyone that is looking for a great photographer! . . . . . . .

Jen was an absolute pleasure to work with! Having someone take pictures of you for several hours can be a little daunting, but she put us at such ease and made it an extremely enjoyable experience. We LOVED working with her and would recommend her to anyone! We knew her pictures would be stunning, but we just loved spending the day with her and her amazing energy!

We chose Jen after deciding to part ways with our previously hired wedding photographer - the BEST decision we made. Both my husband and I agree that we couldn't have imagined our day without Jen. She kept us stress-free, comfortable and most of all happy throughout the day. There were a few hiccups during our wedding day but Jen was always there to keep us happy and smiling [to forget whatever else was happening]. The pictures captured were natural, filled with emotional and meaningful. I cannot recommend Jen enough. In fact we're doing a family session in a week with our new puppy and dog; she will be our family photographer for years to come!

Colleen · Married on 11/09/2013

I'm not sure if there's much I can add that's already been said, but Jen was absolutely the best choice we made for our wedding. Here is the e-mail I wrote to her the day after our wedding that sums it up.

"I was planning on writing you an e-mail later today because you were just amazing – ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. The details of the wedding – flowers, Farmington, etc. - were all you, your advice, your guidance. You were more than a photographer – you were a friend, an ally, and a sage. That amazing day would be nothing without you – I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Brian and I were just floored by your amazing attitude, your vision, just everything. They can’t invent enough words to say how thankful we are. If there are websites to review you on that are helpful to your business, or you need us as a reference, please feel free to ask us to do so. What else can I say – I’m speechless. Thank you, and ALLY of course (great at making us laugh!), for everything. If there were more Jen Fariellos in the world, the world would be a much better place. You are simply divine and simply the best."

There is simply no better photographer than Jen, and that's all you need to know.

• Anne Cary

Anne Cary · Married on 08/10/2013

Jen is AMAZING! Honestly, there isn't a better photographer out there. And not only does she take STUNNING pictures, but she is an absolute pleasure to be around.

We picked Jen based on her website and reputation and she absolutely lived up to it. She was responsive to all our requests and was accommodating day of despite some tricky weather. The pictures were absolutely stunning.

Would definitely choose her again, and would enthusiastically recommend to others as well.

Anna · Married on 06/22/2013

I knew from the moment I started emailing with Jen that she would be the perfect photographer. My husband, my family and I really wanted a photographer we felt comfortable around, that would make the day fun and make us feel relaxed. Jen's personality is so warm and welcoming that you immediately feel comfortable around her and like you have known her your whole life. And to top it all off her pictures are stunning, truly beautiful. She captured the feel of the day, the warmth of the ceremony, the fun of the reception and the love that filled the rooms. I could not have dreamed of a better photographer!

Maria · Married on 06/15/2013

Photography was extremely high on my priorities for the wedding. I chose Jen due to seeing her work on previous weddings and her work is impeccable. She kept in constant communication and responded to all my inquiries very quickly. She is extremely friendly, allowing me and the wedding party to be relaxed and get the type of pictures that I wanted. Her style of photography is both natural and artistic. Everyone who has seen the pictures all comment on the quality and beauty of the shots. Jen's professionalism, skill, and artistic eye are all top notch. I highly recommend her.

Lauren · Married on 06/30/2012

Working with Jen Fariello was one of the best decisions we made in all of our wedding planning--we are absolutely blown away by Jen’s artistic talent!

Jen took our engagement photos a few months prior to our wedding and she couldn’t have put us more at ease in front of the camera. The engagement photo session was the perfect way to get to know Jen’s style and we knew exactly what to expect going into our wedding day with regard to photography.

Our wedding was such a magical celebration and Jen did such a fantastic job of capturing the emotion of the day! From the touching ceremony shots, to the countless detail and family photos, Jen captured every aspect of the wedding with an artistic eye unlike any other. She truly made our day incredibly special and we can’t thank her enough that we now have stunning images that take us right back to our wedding day with every view.

We also so appreciate Jen and her team for braving tough conditions as our wedding fell on the weekend of the crazy and unpredictable derecho! No one would even believe the storm had passed through the night before the wedding from our breathtaking photos.

Jen is beyond the best and an absolute delight! We are so lucky to have worked with her throughout our wedding planning process. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Jade · Married on 06/18/2012

Highly recommend this beautiful and talented young lady and her staff! She has taken pictures for my daughter before, and the previews of the wedding pictures are already awesome. A excellent choice for a life time of memories that can be shared with generations to come. She helped us "keep it together" and helped us get 99% of our groups shots done before the ceremony so she wasn't rushed afterward the ceremony. And she was constantly taking pictures of everything. Great attention to detail and making sure everyone was in a picture. Thank you Jen for making my Jennifer's wedding a cherished event that we will be able to share with all the family, especially those who weren't able to come. Thank you and please thank your helper for a great job.

Devon · Married on 05/19/2012

Jen Fariello was absolutely the best choice of vendors we made for our wedding. Her work is flawless and we couldn't be happier with the results. She was so easy to work with and exceeded every expectatiion we had for our wedding day. I really enjoyed getting to know her and she made every effort to make our day super special. Every picture we received from her, from my bridal portraits to the wedding day, are so gorgeous and were above and beyond anything I expected. I will cherish the day always due to her wonderful work. I cannot recommend her enough. If you want the absolute best you have to have Jen!

• W

Whitney · Married on 05/12/2012

We could not have been happier with our photographer, Jen Fariello. Our pictures are absolutely stunning, thanks to Jen's amazing work. We interviewed multiple photographers and not only was Jen's work beautiful but she was so nice and so warm and pleasant that my mom and I knew right away that she would make the perfect photographer. She was extremely helpful during the whole planning process, planning a timeline for our very long wedding day and even helping me with a few other wedding things since she has so much knowledge of everything weddings in Charlottesville! Jen captured beautiful pictures of our rehearsal dinner and on our wedding day. She was so easy to work with and all of my family members enjoyed her company and now her stunning pictures. She has a very creative and artsy eye and took some really cool pictures of us, our wedding party, our guests, and every single little detail of the day. Jen made the most gorgeous slideshow of the best pictures of our wedding day that she hand selected and put to music and my friends and family LOVED it! She mailed us beautiful silk boxes with all of our pictures and as well CDs. I could not have been any happier with her and am so so so thankful that I chose her to capture our special day. We now have the most beautiful pictures for the rest of our lives! I highly recommend Jen, she was one of the best decisions we made about our wedding day!!!!!

Bill · Married on 04/28/2012

Jen (and her sidekick Jack) were absolutely the hardest working photographers we had ever seen and I can see why our daughter chose them for her wedding pictures. From the time we got there until we all left at close to midnight, she was constantly on the move. I know I almost ran her down several times on the dance floor at the reception. I know it must be like herding cats to get family groups together and posed but I never felt pushed. She is one of the most friendly people I have ever met and I would highly recommend her for any of your photography needs. She interacted extremely well with everyone and was a true professional.
    Bill & Pat Williams

• Apple

Apple · Married on 01/20/2012

What can I say, Jen is the best! We have too many terrific photos to fit in one album. Thanks for giving us so many good memories! :)

Jason · Married on 08/20/2011

Awesome Awesome Awesome! We could not have been happier with Jen and her staff. Jen is super friendly, great to work with, professional and extremely talented – she knew where to be, what to capture, and how to do it – and she never got in the way at all. Her work is top-notch – the picture quality and composition were beautiful.

From day one, Jen was easy to work with, knew what to do, and knew what questions to ask. She has this quality about her that is hard to describe, but was an absolute must for our wedding – it’s her knowledge and the talent to apply it without a lot of stress. I’m think her experience plays a big role, but she did such a great job with everything and everyone – and she did it so calmly considering everything going on around.

Jen’s very easy going and she knows the wedding circles of Charlottesville in and out. Anytime we asked her opinion (whether photography related or not) - she made great recommendations. To make things easier/smoother on the day of, she even made calls to coordinate with other vendors so that the photos would be just the way we wanted. Jen is extremely professional and knows what she is doing – she worked with our schedule of events, figured out all the logistics of family and bridal party and got all of the shots we wanted without any hassle.

Jen handled all of the things we were worried about with ease; large families (with toddlers and newborns), a large wedding party, and keeping us from seeing each other the day of – Jen knew how to accommodate it all. With big families (each with some big personalities) and the need to get the whole family together – Jen did a great job handling everyone’s input, getting the shots without any hassle, and managing to get all the children to focus and smile for those important moments. Despite all the pictures we wanted to get done after the ceremony – we still made it to the cocktail hour and got pictures done in 3 locations!

We’ve been to plenty of weddings where you feel like the photographer is purposely trying to prevent people from having fun or interacting with the bride and groom and the photographer’s equipment seems to be louder/brighter than the band. Jen’s got it down – what more is there to say – she takes beautiful pictures, she’s extremely knowledgeable and she is very personable to boot.

Living 5 hours from Charlottesville – Jen did a wonderful with communication both before the big day as well as after. The pictures were turned around in the timeframe discussed with some surprise previews thrown in, which were awesome.

Looking at the pictures (in both the box set and the digital version) – we were amazed at the quality as well as the interesting perspective she put on the photos. We love that she does a variety of color, black and white, digital and film – it really makes for an interesting set.

Jen and her team did a fabulous job and captured the day start to finish beautifully – she truly captured the charm of Charlottesville on our wedding day. We wouldn’t have changed a thing – except maybe have Jen come to the rehearsal dinner – Thanks so much Jen! You’re the best.

Dale · Married on 08/13/2011

This was our family's 2nd Jen Fariello wedding and our experience was superb both times. This summer our son was married in Charleston, SC, and Jen and her staff provided impeccable service in every way: they are incredibly easy to work with and provide stellar photography. Everyone who has seen the photos and slideshow online has raved about their beauty and creativity. Jen and her group captured the ambience and beauty of Charleston and the wedding party perfectly.
    It would be impossible for anyone to have presented a more pleasing portrayal of our wedding in Charleston which will help us treasure memories for decades to come! Gorgeous work!!

Jessica · Married on 07/01/2011

Jen Fariello and her team created the most wonderful story with our wedding photos. They were able to capture all of our special moments as well as many other treasured moments among our guests. She and her team exuded kindness and energy that made the wedding party feel comfortable and created an enjoyable atmosphere for everyone.

Jen made my Mom and me feel very special throughout the planning process and met with us several times to establish a personal relationship and ensure our happiness. We communicated often via email and she was always patient and understanding with our requests. Jen went above and beyond to give us the best wedding photography experience and is undoubtedly a bride's dream photographer!

We love Jen and look forward to her being part of future family celebrations.