Jeff Schaefer Photography Reviews

122 | Fairfield, OH

122 Reviews for Jeff Schaefer Photography

Clair · Married on 09/26/2008

We are so happy that we worked with Jeff. He went above and beyond. Jeff's pictures were wonderful. He made everything really easy; we never had to worry about a thing. And on top of everything else, Jeff is a super nice guy who was a lot of fun to work with.

Brianna · Married on 09/13/2008

Jeff did an amazing job at our wedding. We were in complete shock from the engagement pictures to the wedding pictures, the pictures were amazing. He knew what poses would look good, what angles, and he made sure to capture every moment which was very important for us. He does an amazing job and I would refer him to anyone I know. He was great! Thanks Jeff. From Brianna and Kevin in Kentucky :)

Sarah · Married on 09/22/2007

Jeff did an amazing job at our wedding. I loved our pictures!!!! I would recommend him to any bride.

Kendra · Married on 06/10/2006

Jeff is a very professional photographer while remaining a "fun" photographer. He enjoys what he does and makes it a fun experience. We were so happy with him the day of the Wedding and beyond happy with the way our pictures turned out! So thankful we chose Jeff Schaefer Photography for our special day.

Sent on 02/06/2010

Chris · Married on 03/24/2012

We could not be happier with our selection of Jeff Schaefer as our wedding photographer. He captured beautiful images of our wedding day that we will treasure for the rest of our lives.
    Jeff managed to capture every key moment even though we forgot he was there most of the time. Both him and his assistant were very professional.
    A great slideshow of ceremony pictures was ready and running as a slideshow near the door at our reception. Within a few days he had an album of pictures on Facebook. Only two weeks after our wedding he had proofs of all of our pictures and our photo album online for us to review.

Sent on 04/07/2012
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 10/17/2015

We hired Jeff to do both our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos. He recently took our engagement photos and they turned out amazing! It was supposed to rain, and it was gloomy and very windy, but he stuck it out with us because of how hard it would have been to readjust our schedules. While my fiance and I both hate being the center of attention, Jeff really made us feel comfortable.

I only gave a rating of 4 on Responsiveness, because sometimes it takes a few days to get back to us. Also, while he warned us that because it's his busiest time of year and might take 3-4 weeks to get our pictures instead of the average 2 weeks, it took 5 weeks to get them. We understood though, and wanted him to devote time to our pictures and guarantee that they looked great. Not a huge deal.

We are really looking forward to working with Jeff again in October for our big day!

Sent on 12/17/2014

Jeff Schaefer Photography's reply:

Hi Andrea and Joey,

Thank you for the review. I’m sorry that the engagement photographs took longer than estimated. Like you stated, autumn is my busiest time of the year by far. I guarantee that weddings are completed in 2 weeks, but not other portraits. Sorry that my turn-around estimate was off but thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,
    Jeff Schaefer

Jeff was great to work with. We planned out a timeline prior to the wedding and he kept us on schedule and made sure all of the pictures we wanted were taken. I had my pictures back in less than two weeks, can't beat that! The quality of both the engagement photos and wedding photos were amazing. I'm glad we choose Jeff to photograph our wedding!

Sent on 12/18/2013

Kim · Married on 07/13/2013

Jeff did an amazing job with our wedding photos. The first time we met with him I knew right away that I trusted him to do our photos. Our photos turned out absolutely beautiful and we couldn't be happier. The wedding album totally took our breath away when we saw it. My husband and I both are so excited to be able to share our wedding day photos with family and friends for years to come. Not only are Jeff and his team great photographers but they go above and beyond to make your wedding perfect. They make you feel special throughout the day giving you their undivided attention and making everything run smooth for your photos especially with the little things having an emergency bag prepared with hairspray, Tide stick, make-up, bobby-pins, etc. Thank you Jeff and Morgan. We look forward to doing another photo session with you in the near future.

Sent on 08/12/2013

Jeff was great to work with and very friendly. He took fabulous pictures that my husband and I will cherish. Well worth the cost!

Sent on 10/04/2012

Jenny · Married on 10/15/2011

Definitely consider using Jeff for your wedding photography. He is worth every penny! Jeff was very flexible and made sure everything we wanted was included in our package and had our photos online less than 2 weeks after our wedding! He made having our pictures taken a fun experience!

Sent on 11/05/2011

Maureen · Married on 05/27/2011

We loved working with Jeff! He made sure to ask us what we wanted- he was very patient with our family and friends, and he had great ideas for our pictures. Most importantly, we love the photos!

Sent on 06/15/2011

K · Married on 09/17/2010

Jeff's work is awesome. I am a photographer as well, and wanted great photos from my wedding. I am so happy we chose Jeff. He went out of his way to communicate with us and help us beyond the scope of just photography (since I'd never been married and didn't know what I was doing). Everyone LOVES the photos, including me. I couldn't be happier. As a photographer, I know what kind of investment it takes. Jeff has the best lenses and lighting available. He did an awesome job of scouting the site (outdoor ceremony) and knowing how to set up beautiful formal shots. He has also been very patient with us from the actual wedding shoot, my uncooperative bridal party, and now while we're tweaking our album. His assistant, his wife, was also very kind and helpful. He is totally worth every penny. Choose Jeff. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 11/19/2010

Christie · Married on 02/13/2010

Jeff did an amazing job photographing both our engagement session and wedding day, he was creative, flexible, and very talented at what he does! I am so happy and all my family and friends cannot stop raving about the pictures!

Sent on 02/25/2010

Brittany · Married on 07/19/2008

We used Jeff for our wedding in July of 2008. I was very satisfied with the quality of our photos and amazed at the amount of pictures taken. His prices were great! The turn around time for completion of our albums were very quick as well. It was a pleasure working with him.

• Sweetie9788

Erica · Married on 07/23/2011

Jeff was the best! During our engagement pictures he proved to want great pictures despite what he may have to do (like laying on the freezing cold ground). he made the pictures look great without being too posed. The wedding day also did not disappoint! He showed up early to the venue and got some extra shots of me getting ready. He also was wonderful with the use of our venue for our pictures and was able to think of some amazing shots. He did again put the pictures, and us, first despite the extreme heat. He was not invasive during the ceremony and was very respectful of our church's photography policy. During the reception he put out a slideshow of all of the pictures from earlier in the day and everyone loved them! He did stay late and got some excellent photos. The were up on the website promptly and the book turned out amazing! He was always prompt with responding to me emails and phone calls, as well as very professional in all of his work. I would recommend Jeff Schaefer to anyone.

Sent on 04/20/2012

Julie · Married on 10/18/2008

3.5

I would definitley reccommend Jeff Schaefer Photography. Jeff really listened to what we wanted from our wedding photos, and they turned out beautifully. He kept his mind on the logistics of the day, which meant that we didn't have to, which was a HUGE help!

Sent on 02/08/2010

Sarah · Married on 06/14/2008

Our pictures are gorgeous! Jeff is very easy to work with and good at what he does. We had a problem with our album (he accidently put a couple pictures from the draft in instead of the final copy) but he took care of the problem right away and even delivered the new album to our door when it was ready. Make sure you have enough time between ceremony and reception because Jeff likes to take his time to make sure the pictures are great. I would definitely recommend him to other brides.

Sent on 02/06/2010

Jessica · Married on 08/15/2009

Jeff did a wonderful job with our engagement and wedding photos. He was easy to work with and was very patient with us as we went over many small details concerning our album. He answered all of our questions and posted our wedding pictures in a very timely manner. One of my favorite things Jeff did was set up a monitor with the pictures he took at the ceremony at our reception, so all the guests could see them. It was definitely a crowd pleaser and some of my friends have already booked Jeff for their weddings this year.

Andrea · Married on 08/01/2009

3.5

We admire our wedding album and appreciate the hard work Jeff put into our wedding.

Heather · Married on 10/06/2007

4.2

I have recommended him to everyone I know getting married! My sister used him when he first started, and did great and has just grown since then. 4 years later, he did my wedding and we are so happy with the service.

Ashley · Married on 09/03/2011

3.5

My pictures turned out beautiful! I couldn't be happier with how they turned out. I would recommend to Jeff to anyone.

Sent on 10/09/2011

Lindsey · Married on 10/27/2007

3.4
      2.0
      3.0

Jeff Schaefer was a recommendation, we chose him because of his storybook design photo albums. He was prompt and courteous. However, didn't stick to the list of photographs I had requested for the day, and the one's i had requested not to have, even after he provided me with a list of options to check off. He didn't get a single picture of my entire dress and when i brought this to his attention he blamed me for having too big a dress in to small a church. The pictures we did get were beautiful, but looked very standard, not those breath taking artsy shots you've always dreamed of.

Jeff Schaefer Photography's reply:

I hate to air these but I feel I must clarify:

1. “Didn’t stick to list of photographs”: I can’t say “no” to parents when they ask for a photograph that is not on the list. We try to accommodate everyone, so we quickly take the photograph and move on. No hurt feelings and no harm done.

2. “Not a single photograph of the entire dress”: This is simply not true. It should say not a single photograph of the entire dress that she liked. The problem was that the train was so incredibly long that she looked small in wide angle photographs that include the entire length / width. The dress wouldn’t fit in front of the 20 foot backdrop. (The longest train I have ever seen.)

3. “Not artsy”: The bride requested an ‘old masters’ canvas backdrop be used for the portraits and could not move to other spots around the church property because her dress was too big. I’m afraid that portraits done in front of an old masters backdrop do not have a candid artsy feel.

Even though I felt the complaints were unreasonable, the bride was financially compensated.

Jeff Schaefer