Jeff Schaefer Photography Reviews

Jeff Schaefer Photography 6
Jeff Schaefer Photography 7

Caroline · Married on 09/08/2018

Amazing photographer

Best photos ever! One thing you really want is amazing photos to look back at and that’s exactly what I have now. Also Jeff and his staff are amazing and helpful. You get your pictures and edits back very quick as well!

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 07/06/2018

Gorgeous photos and all around amazing to work with!

I was first interested in Jeff Schaefer Photography because of the gorgeous photos I saw on his website (seriously, go check those out) but Jeff really goes above and beyond just great photos. He's clearly passionate about wedding photography and captures everything on the big day including lots of candid moments and small details as well as all the posed portraits. Compared to other weddings I've been in with other photographers Jeff was hands down the best at giving suggestions for posing and backgrounds and getting all those group pictures done quickly and effectively. He is also so fast and organized in getting your photos back to you, we had some playing at the reception (definitely a crowd pleaser) and all of them on a zip drive waiting for us when we got back from our honeymoon!

Megan Cotterman · Married on 06/23/2018

Jeff did amazing work; we couldn't be happier with the way he captured our day!

Jeff was fantastic! We love our wedding and engagement photos. He worked with us before our wedding to get on the same page on the type of photos we wanted and our timeline for the day. I really appreciated the way he communicated with our families. Some of our family members wanted to take their own photos, and he patiently let them take their photos before taking his own photos.

He captured our wedding in a timeless way. We didn't want pictures that would look out of date in a few years. Our photos are not over edited and are classic, just what we wanted!

What first caught our eye on Jeff's photos is the way he captured emotion. And he perfectly captured the emotions of our day.

We're really happy with Jeff's work and his service. He was always easy to contact and communicate with.

Alissa · Married on 06/03/2018

My husband and I knew that choosing the right wedding photographer was going to be the most important part of maintaining memories from our wedding day, and we could not have been more pleased with Jeff Schaefer. It was the combination of his experience in shooting weddings as a full-time job, couple with his experience in the photography industry, that made him a perfect choice for our wedding. And boy, did he deliver! Throughout the wedding planning process, he was very available, answering our emails as we had them, and also working with us on setting up our wedding day timeline. And on the day of the wedding, you could not have asked for a more professional person keeping the stress level low recognizing his job is one of the most important ones that day! He followed the timeline perfectly and rolled with the punches as we needed more time here and there; he captured the various combinations of photos we asked for; he worked through some intense winds to capture some incredible shots; and he stayed through the entire wedding ceremony! Not only did he turn all of our wedding pictures 4 days after our wedding, but the pictures were OUTSTANDING. I don't know how he did it, but he was able to capture our personalities, our expressions, and really highlight the fun of the day. I don't even know how I am going to create an album because they are all SPECTACULAR. What's even more impressive is, when we shared the pictures with our friends and family, they were all saying the same things! Overall, everyone was impressed with the quality (and quantity as he had 1100 pictures) of the pictures Jeff shared back with us, as well as the way he just captured our personalities and behaviors perfectly. I continue to go through the pictures on a daily basis and I don't think it will ever get old. Thank you Jeff, and I highly recommend him for any bride and groom looking to make a great decision about preserving the memories of their big day.

Sent on 06/24/2018

Jeff Schaefer Photography's reply:

Alissa, I'm glad your happy, and thanks for the awesome review!

Elizabeth · Married on 05/30/2018

Wedding Photography

We used Jeff Schaefer Photography for our engagement and wedding photos. Jeff was very detailed and professional. He listened to exactly what we liked/disliked about wedding photography. He captured our day perfectly. Every photo was excellent!

Ellen · Married on 04/14/2018

Great experience with Jeff Schaefer Photography

Jeff was really great to work with. He was responsive, thorough, and patient (we had a lot of questions). He had good recommendations for photo locations and we were really, really pleased with his professionalism and the quality of his work. On the day of our wedding, Jeff was great at keeping things moving so that we stayed on schedule, which is not something I knew I needed in a photographer, but was IMMENSELY helpful on the day. I would absolutely recommend Jeff Schaefer Photography for wedding and engagement photos.

Kristina Winter · Married on 04/07/2018

Highly Recommend!

For anyone looking for a photographer, I would absolutely recommend Jeff for your pictures! He did our engagement as well as wedding pictures and we could not be happier with how they turned out! They were beautiful! He also had great recommendations for locations for wedding pictures and was able to get in plenty of pictures in a short time with such a big wedding party. Jeff is very professional and organized which made taking pictures stress free! Highly recommend!

Emma · Married on 11/04/2017

Great photos! This was the one thing my husband and I splurged on towards our wedding. The photos from this day will last forever so its important that they be perfect. Jeff is an extremely talented photographer and my photos are stunning. He offers three different packages of varying prices to match your budget and also offers hardback photo books that he himself designs (of course allowing the opportunity for your input). I had no idea of the types of pictures I wanted so Jeff took charge and put all of us in poses that resulted gorgeous pictures. I had a large amount of people to get pictures of (6 bridesmaids, 6 groomsmen, 3 jr bridesmaids, flower girl, ring bearer, and 3 ushers, not to mention family members....) and somehow he managed to control the situation and achieve a fantastic result. I couldn't be happier with my pictures. If I had to pick one complaint it would be I wish it had gone faster, simply because it was 90+ degrees out that day and I was sweating like crazy...but then again, you can't rush art. I would recommend Jeff to anyone looking for truly beautiful and memorable pictures from their wedding. In my opinion no other photos compare to his.

Jeff Schaefer Photography 8
    Jeff Schaefer Photography 9
    Jeff Schaefer Photography 10

Sarah Bright · Married on 09/30/2017

Wedding photography

Jeff was wonderful to work with! He was polite and highly professional. Jeff was very thorough when it came to making sure he had our wedding timeline correct so he could capture every moment! To top it all off, our pictures turned out perfect. I can’t say enough positive things about Jeff. If you book with him, you will not be disappointed.

Jeff Schaefer Photography 11
    Jeff Schaefer Photography 12
    Jeff Schaefer Photography 13
    Jeff Schaefer Photography 14
  • O

Olivia · Married on 08/12/2017

Jeff did a fantastic job capturing our entire day. We did a lot of corresponding via email because we live in a different state than where the wedding was taking place and Jeff was very easy to work with! He was able to accommodate our crazy wedding day schedule and we didn't have to worry about a thing. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Monica · Married on 08/05/2017

Jeff had great direction and patience with getting all the right shots on the big day. Could not be happier with the photos that Jeff and his assistant took...they will last a lifetime! He kept all of us all in line, and always had a smile on his face. Jeff's temperament was just was I was looking for in a photographer. He made the whole experience complete. We are thrilled with the finished product!

Katie · Married on 07/28/2017

Jeff and his team captured our special day perfectly! He was easy to work with, offered reasonable packages, and was not 'in-your-face' at the wedding - my husband and I barely knew he was there! The pictures came back in a timely manner and were BEAUTIFUL!!! Jeff really has a special talent and I would recommend him to any bride looking for someone to capture their wedding day!!!

Jeff Schaefer Photography 15
    Jeff Schaefer Photography 16
    Jeff Schaefer Photography 17

Sarah · Married on 07/22/2017

Jeff was wonderful to work with. The day went perfectly and the pictures were amazing and exactly what I wanted.

Stephanie · Married on 07/01/2017

Jeff does a great job getting to know you and how to best capture your moments while helping the timeline move smoothly, highly recommend!!!!

Hannah · Married on 06/17/2017

Both Jeff and his other photographer were wonderful. They captured a lot of great shots, including candid moments of our big day. They also worked well with the videographer so everything was in sync , and they kept things rolling without any issues. We're so glad to have so many beautiful pictures to remember our wedding.

Valerie · Married on 05/20/2017

Jeff was incredible to work with. We were so excited to book with him after seeing the great work he did with our friends and family. He captured every moment of our wedding beautifully. We received our photos within 14-days, it was incredible. People constantly tell us it looks like our photos are from a magazine. Jeff made our wedding day so easy and carefree- sometimes we even forgot he was there! Everything felt so natural, never staged. I would recommend Jeff to anyone who is looking for a wedding photographer- he truly is the best of the best.

Sent on 10/06/2017
    Jeff Schaefer Photography 18

Jeff Schaefer Photography's reply:

Thanks Valerie!

Andy · Married on 12/09/2016

Jeff was a great asset to have as part of the wedding. He was professional at all times and took the shots that we wanted and made us look great on our wedding day. I would recommend Jeff if you are looking for a quality photographer for your wedding.

Alyssa · Married on 11/05/2016

He did an amazing job! He was very professional and has had a lot of experience in the industry! We did his all day package so we had pictures covering getting ready, our first look, three different locations before the ceremony, the ceremony, and lots of reception fun! He was so well prepared! Together we came up with a time line and had everything planned out creating a stress free day! He had great examples/ opinions on where to go before the ceremony. He also knew the ins and outs for example if we needed to have a permit for a specific spot or if we needed to give a deposit to reserve a place! We had a plan A and then a plan B just Incase the weather was an issue. I loved this because I felt like no matter what was going on with the weather I was still going to have great pictures and I did! The pictures were amazing and we get tons of compliments on them! He was great to work with and produced the pictures very quickly with in. 2-3 weeks!! Everything was great!

Jeff Schaefer Photography 19
    Jeff Schaefer Photography 26
    Jeff Schaefer Photography 27
    Jeff Schaefer Photography 28

Tiffany · Married on 09/18/2016

Jeff photographed our wedding last September and did an amazing job! We were very happy with how our wedding photos turned out. We ended up with some awesome sunset photos and a great mix of candid as well as traditional photos throughout the day. Jeff was very easy to work with and very organized, which we really appreciated. He captured not only the major wedding and reception events, but also all the little wedding details including decorations. Overall, we were very happy we chose Jeff to photograph our wedding and would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a great wedding photographer.

Liz · Married on 09/04/2016

I highly highly recommend Jeff ! We used him for my daughters wedding and were so impressed that we had to have him for ours! At that time he even drove all the way from Cincinnati to South Bend Indiana so they could have their engagement pictures taken at Notre Dame! I also loved the pictures he had done at our venue for other weddings. I was especially worried being an older bride how I would look .. He listened to all my concerns and the pictures turned out beautifully. He had them posted online in a week and got the CD and album ready faster that I thought possible. We could not be any happier!

Katrina · Married on 09/02/2016

Jeff did a great job with our wedding photos! He was organized, courteous and professional throughout the whole process. His second photographer, Becky, was also spectacular. She went above and beyond her job responsibilities (helping me pin up my dress when my bustle broke, for example). Some of our photos were available on Facebook within a week, and the rest were sent to us not long after. The photos are of great quality!

Barb · Married on 08/27/2016

Jeff Schaefer was great. All the pictures were amazing. The night time picture he took was phenomenal. Everyone I showed and I showed EVERYONE couldn't believe it wasn't photo shopped. It is the most beautiful picture I've ever seen

Mandy · Married on 08/26/2016

Amazing experience! Couldn't have asked for a better experience or photographer! Not a single complaint! Had a blast with him!

Ashley · Married on 07/30/2016

Jeff was recently our wedding photographer and I must say that I am 100% pleased with the results from our day. He captured the most beautiful photos I could have ever imagined. Our wedding day was a long one as we had our ceremony in Indianapolis, Indiana followed by a dinner and reception between Dayton and Cincinnati, Ohio. Jeff never once looked tired or overwhelmed and he was always prompt and ready to suggest different pictures. He was so professional and courteous throughout the day too. Our ceremony being a sacred and religious one can be hard to capture on film. Jeff did a fantastic job capturing the essence of our holy temple on the grounds outside while observing the sacredness of what we hold dear to us in the temple. He was reverent and respectful of our religious views, which was wonderful. At my reception all of my guests were so impressed with him. The comments, both during and in the days following the wedding day were, "Your photographer was great! He was everywhere!" and "Your pictures are absolutely stunning!" I agree 100% with my guests. Jeff truly was there capturing every single moment he could and most of the time he was a one man show! The most impressive thing for my guests was his slide show of the pictures from the day. As he took photos they were shown on a slide show at the reception. It was so neat and unique. Everyone loved to see what had happened earlier in the day since not everyone attended the ceremony. Jeff's 2 week policy is fantastic. He was so quick to have my photos ready to go and our photo book ready to share. I am so excited for the photo book. It was so easy to do as Jeff takes your comments and works through the building process with you to make it a perfect fit for you! He is so easy to work with and is quick with getting your photos back to you. If you are in the Dayton/Cincinnati area, do yourself a favor and hire Jeff Shaefer as your photographer. You won't be disappointed and he will take away some stress from your