Jeff Schaefer Photography Reviews

103 | Fairfield, OH

103 Reviews for Jeff Schaefer Photography

103 Jeff Schaefer Photography Reviews

Alissa · Married on 06/03/2018

My husband and I knew that choosing the right wedding photographer was going to be the most important part of maintaining memories from our wedding day, and we could not have been more pleased with Jeff Schaefer. It was the combination of his experience in shooting weddings as a full-time job, couple with his experience in the photography industry, that made him a perfect choice for our wedding. And boy, did he deliver! Throughout the wedding planning process, he was very available, answering our emails as we had them, and also working with us on setting up our wedding day timeline. And on the day of the wedding, you could not have asked for a more professional person keeping the stress level low recognizing his job is one of the most important ones that day! He followed the timeline perfectly and rolled with the punches as we needed more time here and there; he captured the various combinations of photos we asked for; he worked through some intense winds to capture some incredible shots; and he stayed through the entire wedding ceremony! Not only did he turn all of our wedding pictures 4 days after our wedding, but the pictures were OUTSTANDING. I don't know how he did it, but he was able to capture our personalities, our expressions, and really highlight the fun of the day. I don't even know how I am going to create an album because they are all SPECTACULAR. What's even more impressive is, when we shared the pictures with our friends and family, they were all saying the same things! Overall, everyone was impressed with the quality (and quantity as he had 1100 pictures) of the pictures Jeff shared back with us, as well as the way he just captured our personalities and behaviors perfectly. I continue to go through the pictures on a daily basis and I don't think it will ever get old. Thank you Jeff, and I highly recommend him for any bride and groom looking to make a great decision about preserving the memories of their big day.

Sent on 06/24/2018

Jeff Schaefer Photography's reply:

Alissa, I'm glad your happy, and thanks for the awesome review!

Emma · Married on 11/04/2017

Great photos! This was the one thing my husband and I splurged on towards our wedding. The photos from this day will last forever so its important that they be perfect. Jeff is an extremely talented photographer and my photos are stunning. He offers three different packages of varying prices to match your budget and also offers hardback photo books that he himself designs (of course allowing the opportunity for your input). I had no idea of the types of pictures I wanted so Jeff took charge and put all of us in poses that resulted gorgeous pictures. I had a large amount of people to get pictures of (6 bridesmaids, 6 groomsmen, 3 jr bridesmaids, flower girl, ring bearer, and 3 ushers, not to mention family members....) and somehow he managed to control the situation and achieve a fantastic result. I couldn't be happier with my pictures. If I had to pick one complaint it would be I wish it had gone faster, simply because it was 90+ degrees out that day and I was sweating like crazy...but then again, you can't rush art. I would recommend Jeff to anyone looking for truly beautiful and memorable pictures from their wedding. In my opinion no other photos compare to his.

Jeff Schaefer Photography 1
    Jeff Schaefer Photography 2
    Jeff Schaefer Photography 3
  • O

Olivia · Married on 08/12/2017

Jeff did a fantastic job capturing our entire day. We did a lot of corresponding via email because we live in a different state than where the wedding was taking place and Jeff was very easy to work with! He was able to accommodate our crazy wedding day schedule and we didn't have to worry about a thing. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Monica · Married on 08/05/2017

Jeff had great direction and patience with getting all the right shots on the big day. Could not be happier with the photos that Jeff and his assistant took...they will last a lifetime! He kept all of us all in line, and always had a smile on his face. Jeff's temperament was just was I was looking for in a photographer. He made the whole experience complete. We are thrilled with the finished product!

Katie · Married on 07/28/2017

Jeff and his team captured our special day perfectly! He was easy to work with, offered reasonable packages, and was not 'in-your-face' at the wedding - my husband and I barely knew he was there! The pictures came back in a timely manner and were BEAUTIFUL!!! Jeff really has a special talent and I would recommend him to any bride looking for someone to capture their wedding day!!!

Jeff Schaefer Photography 4
    Jeff Schaefer Photography 5
    Jeff Schaefer Photography 6

Sarah · Married on 07/22/2017

Jeff was wonderful to work with. The day went perfectly and the pictures were amazing and exactly what I wanted.

Stephanie · Married on 07/01/2017

Jeff does a great job getting to know you and how to best capture your moments while helping the timeline move smoothly, highly recommend!!!!

Hannah · Married on 06/17/2017

Both Jeff and his other photographer were wonderful. They captured a lot of great shots, including candid moments of our big day. They also worked well with the videographer so everything was in sync , and they kept things rolling without any issues. We're so glad to have so many beautiful pictures to remember our wedding.

Valerie · Married on 05/20/2017

Jeff was incredible to work with. We were so excited to book with him after seeing the great work he did with our friends and family. He captured every moment of our wedding beautifully. We received our photos within 14-days, it was incredible. People constantly tell us it looks like our photos are from a magazine. Jeff made our wedding day so easy and carefree- sometimes we even forgot he was there! Everything felt so natural, never staged. I would recommend Jeff to anyone who is looking for a wedding photographer- he truly is the best of the best.

Sent on 10/06/2017
    Jeff Schaefer Photography 7

Thanks Valerie!

Andy · Married on 12/09/2016

Jeff was a great asset to have as part of the wedding. He was professional at all times and took the shots that we wanted and made us look great on our wedding day. I would recommend Jeff if you are looking for a quality photographer for your wedding.

Alyssa · Married on 11/05/2016

He did an amazing job! He was very professional and has had a lot of experience in the industry! We did his all day package so we had pictures covering getting ready, our first look, three different locations before the ceremony, the ceremony, and lots of reception fun! He was so well prepared! Together we came up with a time line and had everything planned out creating a stress free day! He had great examples/ opinions on where to go before the ceremony. He also knew the ins and outs for example if we needed to have a permit for a specific spot or if we needed to give a deposit to reserve a place! We had a plan A and then a plan B just Incase the weather was an issue. I loved this because I felt like no matter what was going on with the weather I was still going to have great pictures and I did! The pictures were amazing and we get tons of compliments on them! He was great to work with and produced the pictures very quickly with in. 2-3 weeks!! Everything was great!

Jeff Schaefer Photography 8
    Jeff Schaefer Photography 15
    Jeff Schaefer Photography 16
    Jeff Schaefer Photography 17

Tiffany · Married on 09/18/2016

Jeff photographed our wedding last September and did an amazing job! We were very happy with how our wedding photos turned out. We ended up with some awesome sunset photos and a great mix of candid as well as traditional photos throughout the day. Jeff was very easy to work with and very organized, which we really appreciated. He captured not only the major wedding and reception events, but also all the little wedding details including decorations. Overall, we were very happy we chose Jeff to photograph our wedding and would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a great wedding photographer.

Liz · Married on 09/04/2016

I highly highly recommend Jeff ! We used him for my daughters wedding and were so impressed that we had to have him for ours! At that time he even drove all the way from Cincinnati to South Bend Indiana so they could have their engagement pictures taken at Notre Dame! I also loved the pictures he had done at our venue for other weddings. I was especially worried being an older bride how I would look .. He listened to all my concerns and the pictures turned out beautifully. He had them posted online in a week and got the CD and album ready faster that I thought possible. We could not be any happier!

Katrina · Married on 09/02/2016

Jeff did a great job with our wedding photos! He was organized, courteous and professional throughout the whole process. His second photographer, Becky, was also spectacular. She went above and beyond her job responsibilities (helping me pin up my dress when my bustle broke, for example). Some of our photos were available on Facebook within a week, and the rest were sent to us not long after. The photos are of great quality!

Barb · Married on 08/27/2016

Jeff Schaefer was great. All the pictures were amazing. The night time picture he took was phenomenal. Everyone I showed and I showed EVERYONE couldn't believe it wasn't photo shopped. It is the most beautiful picture I've ever seen

Mandy · Married on 08/26/2016

Amazing experience! Couldn't have asked for a better experience or photographer! Not a single complaint! Had a blast with him!

Ashley · Married on 07/30/2016

Jeff was recently our wedding photographer and I must say that I am 100% pleased with the results from our day. He captured the most beautiful photos I could have ever imagined. Our wedding day was a long one as we had our ceremony in Indianapolis, Indiana followed by a dinner and reception between Dayton and Cincinnati, Ohio. Jeff never once looked tired or overwhelmed and he was always prompt and ready to suggest different pictures. He was so professional and courteous throughout the day too. Our ceremony being a sacred and religious one can be hard to capture on film. Jeff did a fantastic job capturing the essence of our holy temple on the grounds outside while observing the sacredness of what we hold dear to us in the temple. He was reverent and respectful of our religious views, which was wonderful. At my reception all of my guests were so impressed with him. The comments, both during and in the days following the wedding day were, "Your photographer was great! He was everywhere!" and "Your pictures are absolutely stunning!" I agree 100% with my guests. Jeff truly was there capturing every single moment he could and most of the time he was a one man show! The most impressive thing for my guests was his slide show of the pictures from the day. As he took photos they were shown on a slide show at the reception. It was so neat and unique. Everyone loved to see what had happened earlier in the day since not everyone attended the ceremony. Jeff's 2 week policy is fantastic. He was so quick to have my photos ready to go and our photo book ready to share. I am so excited for the photo book. It was so easy to do as Jeff takes your comments and works through the building process with you to make it a perfect fit for you! He is so easy to work with and is quick with getting your photos back to you. If you are in the Dayton/Cincinnati area, do yourself a favor and hire Jeff Shaefer as your photographer. You won't be disappointed and he will take away some stress from your

Scott · Married on 07/16/2016

Jeff Schaefer was the best!! During one of the most hectic times of your life, Jeff made the photography portion of our wedding perfect. He was efficient in the weeks leading up the to wedding and during the rehearsal and wedding he know just what to do. We just trusted him from the beginning and the pictures were perfect. We used his pictures for the thank you cards for the wedding and several guest and family members purchased the photos as they were great. I would highly recommend Jeff for any event that you have....especially for weddings. Thanks Jeff!!

Abby · Married on 06/04/2016

Jeff did an excellent job at our wedding! He captured some beautiful pictures outdoors at the golf course before the wedding! The pictures look so natural and in the moment. The great pictures continued at the church and the reception hall. One of my favorite things was the picture slideshow that was running at the reception. It was great that our guests got to view pictures that were taken earlier that afternoon. I would definitely recommend Jeff if you want to fully capture your perfect day!

daniel · Married on 02/20/2016

Jeff photographed our wedding at The Phoenix in February.

There are many photographers out there, and it can be hard to choose. My first standard was this: was there at least 1 picture on the photographer's website that was so good that I would willing to frame it and hang it on my wall, even if it was a picture of somebody else (i.e. not me and my spouse). Jeff was one of the few that met that standard. He's got some really amazing shots on the website.

But remember, every photographer is going to put the best of the best on their website. You can't pick a wedding photographer based on their 1 best photograph, because that's not what you are hiring them to do. You don't want 1 good picture and 499 mediocre ones. You want to pick your photographer based on their average work, because that's what most of the photos you get are going to be. So beyond the website, you need to look at sample albums where every picture in it was drawn from the same wedding. That is more representative of what you are actually going to get than a website gallery.

I'd say one of Jeff's strengths is his albums. Jeff's albums are nicely laid out and formatted. They really tell the story of your wedding day from start to finish. All of the pictures are solid on their own, but they really together better in the album. Some photographers we interviewed just did not have attractive album layouts. Some did not even have any sample albums for us to look at. Jeff's album is fantastic and will be a keepsake for years to come.

Beyond that, it was all about personal connection. The bigger studios do good work, but it's going to be a little less personal. With a smaller studio, you get that personal connection. To us, that was important. Jeff was pretty laid back and his style just matched our style well. He was super organized, with a detailed timeline and a specific shot list. We are structured, detailed oriented people so we worked well with him.

Overall,definitely recommend

Shannon · Married on 10/09/2015

Jeff is an amazing photographer. He did a great job capturing our wedding day. There were times when we didn't realize his vision, but after the fact we were amazed by many of his shots. We couldn't be happier with our pictures. Jeff is very dedicated to getting all of the right shots and providing top notch pictures. Our albums turned out great. There is a reason he is voted Best of the Knot year after year. Thank you for a job well done. We are very happy.

Ashley · Married on 08/29/2015

Jeff was absolutely amazing. I cannot say enough how happy I am with our pictures and experience. He captured everything and then some. I am so glad we had Jeff for our special day.

Sent on 09/21/2016

Thanks Ashley!

brittany · Married on 05/15/2015

We were so impressed with Jeff and his fellow photographer/videographers professionalism and eye for detail. They were able to identify special areas for photos and moments. Jeff and his team was extremely relaxed and appreciated as we never felt stressed or rushed the entire day. He has an eye for great spots for photos and will strive to include any photos or ideas you have. His timeline he creates for the day gives structure to the day and ensures all the pictures you want are taken.

Many of our guests commente on how Jeff and his team were available for shots, but not intrusive. The guests were impressed with the pictures available at the reception. Needless to say Jeff was terrific. Even though we have only received the proofs, we are excited to see edited photos and the video.

We highly recommend Jeff and can't speak highly enough of his talent and professionalism.

Patrick · Married on 10/10/2014

Jeff was some of the best money spent on our wedding. Everything you've read about him is true, you'll get amazing pictures, easy to work with, the list goes on.

He knows exactly what he's doing in any situation and is great at taking charge when he needs to. We used him for both our engagement and wedding pictures and we have close to a thousand amazing pictures documenting our engagement, ceremony, reception, and everything along the way. He even knows the area so well that he can help in a pinch if you need a good place to take pictures at.

Jeff is definitely a master at wedding photography!