JCM Photography Reviews

104 Reviews for JCM Photography

• Z

Zechariah Moser · Getting married on 03/05/2022

The Most Amazing Proposal Photo Session I Could Imagine

JCM Photography gave us the best photography experience we could ask for. Initially, I was nervous about setting up a surprise proposal photo session, but both Jenny and Joe did everything to set up the session and accommodate our needs. The amazing quality of the pictures as well as their great sense of positioning led to a collection of photos that are beyond anything I could have imagined. Thanks to their amazing services, my fiance and I have brilliant pictures of the moment to cherish forever. JCM Photography needs to be on the top of the list for anyone looking for photography in the Asheville area.

Sent on 01/15/2020

JCM Photography's reply:

Hey Zechariah! Congrats again to you and Julie! We had so much fun getting to help capture this special moment for you guys! We're glad you enjoyed the session and your images afterwards! Thanks for letting us get creative at night and thanks for trusting us with documenting this part of your journey! We wish you both the absolute best! -Joe and Jenny
  • Petey

Petey Manion · Getting married on 07/12/2021

JCM rocks!!

From consultation to post-wedding preview, JCm have been wonderful people, professionals, and photographers. We could not be more happy with the experience of having them as a part of our big night! One of my favorite pictures so far shows Jennifer getting down on the dance floor with our friends - they're not afraid to get right up in the action! I can't wait to see our full album in a few weeks!

Sent on 01/11/2020

JCM Photography's reply:

Petey! You and Josh rocked it! Thank you guys for the kind words and for letting us be a part of your special day! Hands down one of the most fun parties/weddings we have ever been a part of! Please give us a shout if you all are ever in the area again! -Jenny and Joe
  • Derek

Derek Pizzo · Getting married on 11/07/2020

They played it off better than I did...

I planned a surprise proposal at the Biltmore. Jen and Joe were perfect! they got there way before I did and even my now fiancé thought they were bird watching. She had a little bit of an idea of what I was doing but no idea about the photographs. Everything went so smooth and Jen and Joe's help planning had a lot to do with that. Thanks for everything, highly recommended!

Sent on 07/15/2019

JCM Photography's reply:

Derek! Congrats to you and Michelle brotha! We had a blast getting to spend the morning with you guys at The Biltmore! Thanks again for trusting us with your special moment! -Joe and Jenny

Rachel · Getting married on 11/07/2020

Great people

Joe and his wife are professional and honest. They truly care about their clients and go above and beyond and it shows in the quality of their photos! :)

Sent on 04/22/2020

JCM Photography's reply:

Rachel, you and Jordan are the sweetest! Seriously can't wait to work with you guys again in the future! -Joe & Jenny

Kayla Heller · Married on 05/28/2020

Best experience ever

My (now) husband and I were looking for two witnesses originally for our wedding day because it was just going to be the two of us eloping in NC to get married. These two reached out to us and offered to be our witnesses, and turns out they were the best photographers we could’ve ever asked for!!! I admired the pictures I had seen from their portfolio and knew that we had to book them for our wedding day!! They answered us SO fast and the pictures came back fast too!! I never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day because of these two and the way they worked with us, the entire experience felt like we had known them for a very long time!! I was so comfortable and they got my shy husband to smile and laugh the entire time too!! We will always be so grateful for them and the work they do!!

Sent on 06/19/2020

JCM Photography's reply:

Kayla, you and Tyler the absolute sweetest! Thank you guys for the kind words and for letting us be a part of your special day! You two rocked downtown Sylva and the waterfalls afterwards were so much fun! Definitely looking forward to connecting again with you guys when you visit the area! Wishing you all the best, -Joe and Jenny

Maryjane Dowd · Married on 02/12/2020

Stunningly Perfect!

Jennifer and Joe are incredibly talented photographers, but more importantly, they are wonderful people. They are a fun, friendly couple dedicated to their part in creating your perfect day! We are extremely pleased with their work ethic, professionalism, and expertise, and we highly recommend they capture your big day!

Sent on 01/09/2020

JCM Photography's reply:

Mayrjane, Joe and I can't thank you and Thad enough for the kind words! We had such a great time getting to know you guys over this past year! You two were such a pleasure to not only work with but just to be around as well! Thank Thad for his service and we definitely hope to stay connected with you both! -Jenny and Joe

Ashley · Married on 11/02/2019

Amazing in every aspect!

This review is long overdue but as I look back at our engagement pictures I can’t help but think what an amazing job Jennifer & Joe did & how memorable the shoot was!! Jennifer & Joe were amazing in every aspect!! They are so sweet, fun, & personable!! We were so bummed that they were booked for our wedding date, but they referred us to some of there photographer friends which was super helpful!! You will not be disappointed, but you will miss out if you don’t book Jennifer & Joe to shoot any pictures you are wanting!

Sent on 06/29/2019

JCM Photography's reply:

Ashley, you are too kind! We absolutely loved every minute we got to spend with you and Chris! Thank you guys for being troopers and waking up at the crack of dawn for a little adventure! You two did amazing and we're so glad you guys loved your engagement photos! We know you two are going to have such a fun wedding! Wishing you all the best! -Jenny and Joe
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 10/12/2019

Absolutely amazing

Joe and Jenny did our engagement pictures and we were blown away by how natural and creative they turned out. They did not feel staged or cheesy at all and they did a great job capturing both us and the mountains. They did our wedding photos as well and oh my goodness are we thrilled. The pictures are beautiful and all of our friends can’t stop talking about them and asking who our photographers were. They are also so chill and easy to work with while getting things done to maximize time so we actually could enjoy being present at our wedding too. We love Joe and Jenny!! Highly recommend them.

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Sabryna

Sabryna Miller · Married on 09/29/2019

Absolute best!

Jennifer and her husband were amazing! They matched our personality great and we had a blast with them. They made sure to get the shots we wanted and put up with the family request very well! And from the pictures I have received so far I love their work!

Sent on 10/05/2019

JCM Photography's reply:

Sabryna! It was so much fun getting to be a part of you and Justin's big day! We cannot wait to see what the future holds for your cuties!! Thank you guys so much for the kind words! Give us a shout if you're ever back in Asheville! P.S. We should have your final album done this weekend! -Joe and Jenny
  • Jordan

Jordan · Married on 09/21/2019

Loved working with these two so much!

Jenny and Joe were amazing. I decided to choose them initially because I liked the idea of having 2 photographers who routinely worked together...seemed like you could definitely get more value and more pics, and it was SUPER helpful in instances like the first look and "getting ready" photos where girls and guys were separated. Their packages seemed reasonable considering the length of time they spend with you, the 2 photographers vs 1, and getting access to all photos after the wedding.

Now with the wedding behind us, I can say I am soooooo glad that we went with JCM photography. First of all, they were just so fun. They were direct and assertive in taking photos (aka, kind of bossy in arranging people but in a good way). That's what you want in a photographer when you have lots of photos to get and don't want to spend all day doing it. They are definitely more focused on getting the candid shots, and that's what we wanted most of also... but of course we did have some family photos/posed photos we needed/wanted to get and they were very efficient in getting those.

3 days after the wedding, I already got a "sneak peak" with 130 pictures to look at! I was not expecting any that quickly. That was so awesome as we didn't have many pics from the night from family and friends. The ones we have seen so far turned out amazing.

All in all, if you want fun photographers who are efficient, assertive, communicative, and amazing at taking photos (obviously), these two are definitely the way to go!!! You won't regret it!

Sent on 09/25/2019

JCM Photography's reply:

Jordan! Joe and I are in awe of your kind words! Seriously, too kind! We had a ridiculous amount of fun working with you and Evan and your friends and family! Thank you guys for trusting us with your wedding and for the amazing review! We wish you two the absolute best for the future and don't hesitate to give us a shout if you're ever back in AVL! -Jenny and Joe

Chelsea Blackwood · Married on 09/01/2019

The perfect combo of feeling like family while being complete professionals

Jenny and Joe go way above and beyond the call of duty. From our first email exchange to the big day, to the speed at which they got our photos back to us, I cannot recommend them enough. They take their work very seriously and put out INCREDIBLE photos, but they are the most down to earth, easy to get along with people in the business. They captured epic and stunning still photos that make us look like moviestars, as well as killing it on the candid front! We were a party crowd and they still managed to get gold through the madness! They were our first hire and set the tone for the rest of our wedding planning experience and we are forever grateful for them!

Sent on 09/18/2019

JCM Photography's reply:

Chelsea, thank you just doesn't feel like enough! Seriously! We have had the best time getting to know you and Hayes and your friends and families! We feel incredibly honored and grateful to gone on this journey with you guys and we DEFINITELY hope to stay in touch in the future! Sending hugs from Asheville! -Jenny and Joe

Chelsey Green · Married on 08/17/2019

Absolutely amazing!!

JCM is by far the best photographers to work with!! Joe and Jen were so sweet and so helpful through the entire process of our wedding! I will definitely be using them later on in the future and would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone!! My husband and I and our families were taken away by the quality of work we received to remember such a special day. Thank you JCM!!

Sent on 09/08/2019

JCM Photography's reply:

Chelsea! We can't thank you enough for the heartfelt review and kind words! Send Caleb and the rest of your awesome family our love! Thank you guys for the opportunity to be a part of your special day and we definitely look forward to connecting with you guys again in the future! -Jenny and Joe
  • Amanda

Amanda Kincaid Marlowe · Married on 08/17/2019

Awesome Experience

Our daughter’s wedding was weeks ago and our friends and family are still raving on and on about how beautiful and magical it all was! Joe and Jen helped capture every single magical detail of both the Bridal and the wedding day and we can enjoy all the beauty of each through their photographs for years to come. The photo quality is flawless as is their ability to capture all the many emotions and personalities not only of the happy couple but our entire family. I have worked with photographers in the past who although they can take a great shot may miss the important details even something as simple as paying attention to the guests or making a point to grab the Bride and Groom for a quick set of photos just in time for the perfect sunset shot over the water. Their entire team kept surprising me each time I would think ‘oh this would be a great shot where is my camera’ they were already there on the scene grabbing each and every moment as if reading my mind. I was impressed to say the least after a long hot day of shooting and chasing down the massive chaos that is our family they were just as enthusiastic for the exit photo as the first look. I assure you will be satisfied whether booking a session or an entire event JCM Photography Asheville they will not miss a beat! Phenomenal job of capturing all the tears and the laughs all the moments that will fill our memories! We truly enjoyed working with Jen and Joe the last couple of months and look forward to working with them again in the future!

Sent on 09/25/2019

JCM Photography's reply:

Amanda, we cannot begin to thank you enough for trusting us with Chelsea and Caleb's big day and for being a huge part of helping with everything from her bridal session to the wedding! We had so much fun getting to work with your beautiful family and we definitely hope to stay connected in the future! -Jenny and Joe

Miranda Carrick · Married on 07/20/2019

Best decision you could ever make.

Wow. Where do I even begin. Jenny and Joe are just amazing people and photographers through and through. They are probably some of the nicest, most sincere people we have had the pleasure of knowing. They care about their clients and their work, and it definitely shows in the photos you receive. We first met Jenny and Joe at our engagement photo session, and the minute we met them it was like we were with old friends. They made us feel so comfortable, we had an absolute blast, and the pictures we got were out of this world. We loved them so much we had to ask Jenny and Joe to do our wedding, too. They were amazing, very responsive, and so incredibly helpful as we planned out our special day. I really could not have imagined getting anyone else as our photographers. They were easily one of the best decisions we made, and everyone still talks about how great they were. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a photographer!

Sent on 09/14/2019
  • Kaitey

Kaitey Lee Hanlon · Married on 06/15/2019

Exceeded All Expectations

JCM Photography...It's truly hard to put into words how much we love Jenny and Joe. From when we first met at a coffee shop to over a year later hugging them with grateful tears at the end of the reception, our entire experience far exceeded our expectations.
    At our first meeting we discussed a few photos I wanted to make sure were taken outside of the traditional shots. They took very thorough notes and made sure we went over every detail and even had suggestions that I hadn't thought of.
    They made us feel very comfortable during our engagement session and made it a lot of fun. They took our vision for the session and ran with it and we were BLOWN AWAY by how the photos turned out! The framed photos were a great addition to our wedding decorations!
    The wedding day was perfection and how they work as a team to make everything run smoothly is impressive. Prior to the ceremony Joe was with the guys getting ready at the church and Jenny was with the Ladies at the bridal suite. They captured exactly who we are as individuals and during our first look they captured exactly who we are as a couple. They made sure to get the important traditional pictures as well as the candid moments with our family and friends that will be cherished forever.
    When we received our preview from the wedding, one of the first photos was one I specifically asked for a year prior at our coffee shop meeting and it was perfect. That little attention to detail is exactly what they are all about. The friendship we formed, the beers we've shared and the hugs given whenever we run into each other is just cherry on top of having gorgeously captured memories!
    We have recommended JCM Photography to several friends and will continue to do so!

Sent on 10/20/2019

Paige · Married on 06/13/2019

Amazing people and photographers!

JCM Photography has been the biggest blessing through this chapter of marriage for my husband and I. My husband, Michael, found Jenny and Joe in Asheville to do a surprise proposal. Michael did a lot of research to find the perfect spot, but unfortunately that spot was ruined by flooding a week before the proposal. Jenny and Joe did research, physically explored different areas, and gave Michael new options to choose from. They went out of their way to assure this day was not ruined by the flooding. That day was perfect, the photo shoot afterwards was a blast, and the pictures were better than we imagined!

Obviously after this experience, we had to have Jenny and Joe as our photographers for our wedding in Myrtle Beach! They went above and beyond what everyone at the wedding expected from photographers. Jenny and Joe literally got a shot from every angle at the ceremony, fit right in with our crazy families, professionally handled the hectic moments of the day, and produced amazing pictures that captured my favorite memories that I will be able to cherish forever.

I am so happy my husband found JCM Photography to capture two of the most special days of our journey. Jenny and Joe are not only fantastic photographers, but really great people inside and out. We will definitely be contacting them again in the future!!

Sent on 07/13/2019

JCM Photography's reply:

Paige, thank you and Michael for the heartfelt words! You guys have been such a blessing to us as well and we can't thank you enough for allowing us to be a part of your journey! It has been fun every step of the way and we definitely hope to connect with you both again when we travel out west! Don't be a stranger and make sure to give us a shout next time you're on the east coast! -Joe and Jenny
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 06/01/2019

Worth EVERY single penny!

My fiance hired JCM photography for a surprise proposal at the Biltmore in Asheville, NC. Two strangers that I never met popped out of the shadows and were so energetic. I was still a little bit in shock. We had a 15 min session with them because out carriage was late. In just 15 minutes they were able to capture pictures that described us as a couple, our love and the special moment as we start the journey of the rest of our lives together. My fiance after described how easy they were to get ahold of them when snow almost ruined our trip and they helped him find the most amazing spot for the most amazing moment of my life, well up to that point. We LOVED their clarity and vibrant pictures so much that we paid for them to come all the way to Raleigh, NC for our wedding. It did not hurt that they are the most down to earth and friendly people. They are great to work with and really point you in the right direction for gorgeous photos. They capture beautiful pictures that are nothing short of breathtaking. They were a little more than I had budgeted for the wedding but honestly they were worth every penny!!! You will not find better photographers. I was a little worried about them being so far away and the communication but they made communication so easy. When we did out initial phone meeting it felt like we were talking to old friends. They made sure to get the shots we wanted! And a complete bonus that they are super quick with providing the edited pictures. I think for the engagement it was about a week and we had all our gorgeous photos. You can really tell they love what they do and they are great at what they do. I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone in any area looking for a photographer.

Sent on 06/07/2019

JCM Photography's reply:

Morgan! Thanks for leaving us speechless, seriously, we had so much fun working with you and Calvin! From day 1 with your proposal at The Biltmore, all the way through your sparkler exit! You two have been so sweet, welcoming, and genuine! Thank you again for trusting us with so many of your special moments, sending love from Asheville! -Jenny and Joe
  • Chris

Chris Kelly Van Wagenen · Married on 05/31/2019

The Best Photography Team!!!

AMAZING! We could not have wished up a more perfect photography team for our big day! Jenny and Joe are the most professional, fun, talented duo that we have ever met in their field. We knew before our first meetup that we wanted them, but meeting up with them at a local brewery really sealed the deal. They are so personable in a way that made all of our guests feel comfortable enough to bring out their outgoing sides to make sure we had the best memories recorded. Jenny photographed the girls getting ready and got so many amazing shots of the Bridal gown and jewelry. Joe spent the morning with the guys and got awesome shots of us all hanging out and the accessories we had. We chose to have a first look in private- Jenny and Joe were able to quietly be there in a way that allowed us to be ourselves and enjoy our first moments together and feel like we were completely alone- yet we have so many great photos from it. They stole us away from the party a few times when the lighting outside was just perfect- but also gave us the option to pass on more photos if we wanted to keep on dancing. Their photobooth was one of the highlights of the night for our guests! It was so easy to use with quality photos AND Gifs. The photobooth photos were available to view right away so we got a good laugh at those before we even left for our honeymoon. We were shocked with how quickly we got our final photos back from them which included over 1,000 edited items that we will forever have available in digital format at no added cost. Their quality, communication, efficiency, and all around awesomeness are worth the price and peace of mind when it comes to documenting such an important event. We really feel that our wedding day experience was made even better by having Jenny and Joe there- they’re not just wedding photographers, they are Wedding Memory Makers!! Thank you guys for everything!!! Chris & Kelly

Sent on 06/30/2019

JCM Photography's reply:

Chris and Kelly, you guys rock! We're so glad we connected that night at beer city brides! We are incredibly grateful for the kind words and it truly makes our hearts smile to hear you love your photos! I'm sure we'll bump into Kelly soon but definitely don't be strangers, we'd love to catch up and hang one night! Sending love! -Joe and Jenny
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 05/11/2019

Friends and Photographers

Jenny and Joe are first off our friends. And from the start I always said that they would do our photos for my wedding. Well it finally happened! The pictures came out better then I could have ever imagined! They were so great to work with and you get two professional photographers for the price of one! I would highly recommend to anyone!

Sent on 05/23/2019

JCM Photography's reply:

Rebecca! We love you guys and feel so honored to have been a part of your day not only as photographers but even more so as friends! We're looking forward to more adventures with you and Alex in the future! -Joe & Jenny

Amber · Married on 04/28/2019

Captured our day perfectly!

Jenny and Joe were great - super friendly, flexible, and easy to work with! We felt totally comfortable with them, and they seemed to know exactly when to prompt people and when to step back. The photos are amazing!!! Creative, posed pics and nice candid shots - we couldn't be more pleased or recommend them more!

Sent on 05/04/2019

JCM Photography's reply:

Amber! Thank you and Ryan so much for the sweet review and thank you guys even more for the opportunity to have been a part of your special day! You and Ryan are incredible individuals and make such a sweet and cute couple! Sending love from Asheville! -Jenny and Joe
  • Emily

Emily Adair · Married on 04/27/2019

The Best there is!!

Having Jenny and Joe as our wedding photographers was the best decision we made (other than saying “I do”). From the moment we met them at our engagement session to the final goodbyes leaving our wedding, they were a joy to work with. They made the process so enjoyable and easy that we knew we hired the best! On our wedding day, we were so impressed by their professionalism and passion for what they do. Wedding day can be very stressful, and it’s so important to find someone who cares about your wedding as much as you do and we knew we hit the jackpot with them. They wanted to make sure that all of our desired pictures were taken, while at the same time, keeping everyone entertained and comfortable! We were so impressed with how all of our pictures turned out, and how quick of a turnaround it was to get the pictures back from Jenny and Joe. I believe it’s safe to say that we’ve found our go-to photographers for life’s most important events. We would hands-down recommend JCM Photography and know that whoever uses them will feel the same as we did!

Sent on 07/28/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 03/30/2019

love! love! love!

We love these two!! We recently just had our engagement pictures with them and we had the best experience! They made us feel completely comfortable and took some amazing photos that we will always cherish. They clearly have a passion and a talent for what they do, we can't wait for our wedding with them!!! We are so thankful to have photographers with a special edge to them that is so hard to find!

Sent on 12/19/2018

JCM Photography's reply:

Courtney, you and Caleb were such a pleasure, not only to work with, but also in getting to know you both. Thank you both so much for being willing to adventure with us, in the dark, in the snow, up hill both ways (lol). You two totally rocked your engagement session and we cannot wait until your wedding day! -Jenny and Joe
  • Timothy

Timothy Kvancz · Married on 03/29/2019

Amazing! The best!

We had the pleasure of meeting this awesome husband & wife combo thanks to my sister in Asheville. We couldn’t have asked for a better engagement session. They were kind, courtesy, flexible, funny, & professional! Being a gay couple from L.A. we weren’t entirely sure what to expect outside our natural habitat but they made us feel safe, loved, & respected. I would highly recommend them for any occasion. I can’t say enough about the quality of our engagement pictures! Literally breath taking & beyond what I had imagined! Having a very tough time deciding on our save the date because I like them all! Lol Thank you JCM photography for such a wonderful experience & for your dedication to such outstanding work! ! ! We are seriously thinking of flying y’all out for our wedding next year!

Sent on 05/03/2019

JCM Photography's reply:

Tim, first off we're sending BIG hugs you and JD, we miss you guys already! Secondly, thank you both for trusting us with your engagement! You two are a perfect picture of love and we are so thrilled you both love your photos! We wish you both many many more years of happiness and we definitely hope to connect again in the future! -Joe and Jenny

Stephanie · Married on 03/23/2019

Best Photo Team

Since we were planning a destination wedding, we had to base all of our vendor decisions based on their social media, reviews, etc. After thoroughly stalking JCM Photography (haha), we loved their portfolio! We really wanted photographers who had previously shot at our venue (Homewood) since it has darker accents inside the ballroom and doesn't have the best interior lighting. Joe and Jenny were so funny, personable, organized, and easy to work with. They made us feel at ease on our wedding day. Between them and our day of coordinator (Nikki Sciurba), we were on schedule the entire night. We also got a sneak preview of our wedding (over 100 photos!!!) within 4 days. Unheard of!!! We could not ask for better wedding photographers to capture one of the most important days of our lives.

Sent on 03/28/2019

JCM Photography's reply:

Stephanie! We had so much fun getting to be a part of your wedding day! You and Alex were awesome and we can't thank you enough for the kind words and for the opportunity! I only wish I would've found out Alex was into drones a little sooner so we could've nerded out on that for a little longer lol. Thank you guys again and we wish you both the absolute best! Joe & Jenny
  • Info

Info Tranquility · Married on 01/10/2019

Excellent!

Speaking from a vendor perspective, JCM is a awesome to work with! Their photo quantity and quality totally exceeded my expectation given what we typically see from other vendors. They were professional, timely and fun to work with. I am looking forward to seeing them again at our venue. I know our Clients will feel great about their experience and photos, it is my pleasure to recommend them.

Sent on 01/12/2020

JCM Photography's reply:

Thank you and your team so much Sutton! We have loved every minute of getting to work with you all and we can't wait to come back this year! -Joe and Jenny