Jay's Catering Company Reviews

Jay's Catering Company 5
Jay's Catering Company 6

Moonica Vann · Getting married on 02/08/2020

Company Catering

Jays Catering has been feeding my work company for years! Our last event we hosted Italian food and it was amazing! They provided everything from tablecloths to a variety of food options. They’re scheduling was prompt for pickup and delivery, the quality has always been amazing, and their service is spectacular.

Sent on 08/01/2019

Kara Haverkamp · Married on 07/21/2019

Incredible

My husband and I were blown away by the quality of food we had for our wedding. We had SO many guests tell us after about how much they loved it and many said it was the best wedding food they've ever had. We enjoyed the Taste of Jay's event we were able to attend to try the variety of food Jay's offers. Food is a big deal to my husband, so he wanted a good meal for our first meal together as husband and wife. Jay's surpassed our expectations and the service was amazing as well! Everyone was professional and friendly, making our day that much better. Thank you again, Jay's Catering!

Sent on 09/07/2019
  • Candice

Candice · Married on 07/11/2019

Delicious! Delicious! Delicious!

Amazingly delicious food! Jay’s was very accommodating to our wedding. If there was something we wanted to change on our menu, they accommodated our request. At the wedding they were attentive to my husband and I along with our guest to assure that everyone was reviving the proper service. Our guest loved the food and could not stop talking about how delicious it was! Highly recommend Jay’s catering, the Italian menu is delicious!

Sent on 08/01/2019

Margaret · Married on 03/02/2019

We got to enjoy our food

The food was amazing. Everyone was so happy with the food. Plus their staff was so attentive and brought food to my husband and I all night, we definitely ate. It was great to be able to enjoy all the food we carefully selected. Plus we went home with a bunch of leftovers. Fortunately a lot of it froze well and we had meals ready to go a few months later. We also went with their dessert bar - the selection was amazing!! Our friends are still talking about it.

Sent on 05/27/2019

Elissa · Married on 11/25/2018

Jay's exceeded my expectation

We had an amazing time working with Brittany at Jay's Catering. She worked with us on what would fit into our budget, and what we wanted. Everyone loved the food and they packed up the leftovers for us to take home. I would recommend Jay's to anyone, they have so many options to choose from.

Sent on 12/04/2018
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 11/24/2018

Happy with our choice!

Jay's Catering was a great match for our wedding! I was worried about booking my wedding at the Estate on Second because I only had one choice in vendor, but it turns out that the vendor was perfect! Jay's was professional, served high quality food, and were VERY accommodating to my guests. All of our guests commented on the food positively, especially the tacos and small dessert options! Thanks Jay’s!

Sent on 02/03/2019
    Jay's Catering Company 7
  • Bianca

Bianca · Married on 11/23/2018

Responsive and Accommodating

We loved that Jay's Catering also owned our venue which made planning such a breeze. What truly made Jay's amazing what the service provided by their staff, especially Hannah, Hannah was always so responsive to the millions of questions we had, and accommodated our special requests. The feedback we received from guests was that the food was amazing (definitely not banquet food) and the catering staff was on point. Jay's also gives you the leftovers from your event which is so much better than throwing it away and after your event you'll have amazing food that you don't need to prepare. Jay's is more of an a la carte instead of different packages so be prepared for that, but they are definitely worth every dime!

Sent on 12/02/2018
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 09/29/2018

Best Food Ever

Jay's Catering is the most professional catering company and the food was AMAZING - by far the most compliments we got from our guests was that this was the only wedding they wanted to get seconds! The BBQ and mac n cheese was so delicious and the cake was beyond good!

Sent on 12/28/2018
    Jay's Catering Company 8
    Jay's Catering Company 9

Shelby · Married on 08/25/2018

Jay's catered our recent wedding at The Casino San Clemente and they knocked it out of the park! Eunice was a pleasure to work with from start to finish, and they made the whole day SO much easier. It's great to be able to source not just food and bar from the same vendor, but also tables, linens, and dishware. Their food was delicious (people were raving about it all night) and their service was amazing. DEFINITELY recommend!

Sent on 09/05/2018

Kristen · Married on 08/25/2018

I cannot say enough great things about Jays! Not only did we use them for our catering, we also used them for all of our wedding rentals. We worked closely with Hannah and she guided us through everything. Our guests raved about our food and how everything looked and we have Jays to thank for all of it. I would highly recommend attending one of their tasting events as it helped us to craft the perfect menu.

Sent on 09/12/2018

Michelle · Married on 08/11/2018

I can’t say enough good things about Jay’s Catering. The staff was outstanding and the food was amazing. I had so many compliments on how wonderful everything was. I also used them for bar service. The bartenders made sure they carded so no concerns about the younger guests.

Sent on 08/19/2018

Roshan · Married on 01/20/2018

Excellent Wonderful Awesome Excellent Wonderful Awesome Excellent Awesome Wonderful. My family was more than pleased with Jay's services. I held my mother's 50th birthday party on Saturday and bartered with Brandon Harris who was a champion in recommending/creating/organizing an incredible menu for judgmental guests ahaha. We had vegetarian everything: palm sandwiches, Mediterranean trays, Thai spring rolls, Italian lasagna, Mexican tres leches cake, California fruit torte(aka cake two). Literally cake two was the largest singe layer cake ever seen. My nephews eyes lit up and worth the order. A lot of the guests were older and absolutely loved the lasagna served super hot, and accommodating to all tastes buds. Also, the delivery team did a great job with setup and setdown no hassle at all shout out to them. My mother regularly drives by Jay's offices on her way home from work and wondered about them, now we will be a repeat customer. My recommendation is a Guarantee.

Sent on 01/21/2018

Pam · Married on 09/01/2017

We hired Jay's Catering for my daughter's wedding on September 1st at the Casino in San Clemente. Brittany was our Event Specialist and she was outstanding! Every single aspect of our experience was wonderful. Jay's is the premier catering company in Orange County and they have stood the test of time. They are professional and know how to cater your event. Brittany was patient, efficient, organized and as sweet as can be! Jay's is the one to choose...you will not regret it!

Sent on 09/04/2017

Sia · Married on 06/10/2016

Jays was fantastic!! They were professional, punctual, and extremely attentive to my husband and I through our entire wedding! It seemed like they anticipated anything we might want before we had even thought of it ourselves. Moments after our vows, my husband and I exited into the ballroom of our venue where we were greeted by our waitress who had a drink ready for each of us. She also brought us appetizers so we could have a bite to eat before going off to take our bride and groom portraits. And when we entered the reception, they had even served us each a plate and had them ready for us at our sweetheart table. They even took the time to make sure my plate was vegetarian. They kept the drinks coming to us all night, filled our glasses, and cleared plates quickly. Best of all, our guests all agreed they had the same experience! The Jay's team were attentive and curious to our guests and made everyone feel well taken care of. AND THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS!!! A saw a huge number of my guests even went back for seconds. I lost count of how many people commented on how amazing the food was! We had the Mexican food, something we were at first hesitant about since our guests would not appreciate inauthentic or bad Mexican food. Jays exceeded our expectations! Everything tasted amazing and was presented beautifully. They even took the time to send my husband and I home with a lunch for the following day! Hire Jays as your caterer- you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 06/25/2016

We found out about Jay's through The Loft on Pine as they are one of their preferred vendors. Compared to the other preferred vendors, their prices were more reasonable and the food was more streamlined and straightforward than the other options.

Since using them, I would have chosen them again in a heartbeat because of a slew of other reasons too -- everyone raved about the food at our wedding, we had a wide variety of options and they were flexible to swap in veggie/vegan versions of their existing dishes (salad w/o cheese for example), and Hannah, who we worked with was fantastic throughout.

My parents went to the couples' tasting since my husband and I live in Seattle, and they were also incredibly pleased with the service, kind people, and great working relationship that we had with the folks at Jay's.

Sent on 12/21/2015

Hillary · Married on 09/26/2015

Jays catering is absolutely AMAZING. They catered my wedding just this last weekend, and they went above and beyond. April was a pleasure to work with, she was always on top of things and was quick to respond to emails. The food was wonderful, we had Italian and we got many compliments from our guest about how good our food was! At the end of the night Jays even gave us a care package with a little midnight snack, knowing the bride and groom don't get much to eat on their wedding night because of nerves. My family has also used Jays for other family events like Baby Showers and Memorial Services. Hands down I would use Jays again and again!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Cayla · Married on 08/29/2015

Jay’s is amazing! Nickie was our coordinator and she was fantastic. She worked with me on the different types of menus I wanted to explore. She was extremely responsive and so helpful. The food was AMAZING. We had brisket, chicken, a mashed potato bar, and more. The Jay’s staff were very professional on the night of the wedding. Our dinner was served buffet style. Before the guests went to the buffet, the Jay’s team brought a plate of food to my husband and I at our sweetheart table. I thought this was so sweet since most people say “you don’t have time to eat on your wedding day.” When we left, they gave us a goodie box with a mini bottle of champagne, sandwiches, chips, and a cookie. It was so thoughtful. I’m so happy we used Jay’s. We’ve used them at family and church gatherings for years, but their wedding menu and staff blew me away.

Sent on 10/14/2015

melissa · Married on 05/31/2015

I am so happy that my venue had a contract with Jay's. We were invited to a food tasting prior to our wedding which. All of the food was amazing, but the tasting helped change our mind about the menu we wanted for our wedding. The day of every single guest enjoyed the food. We had so much leftovers that Jay's sent us home with trays full of food. Our guest are commenting a week later about how amazing the food was.

Sent on 06/08/2015

Jay's Catering did a fantastic job from the months before to the day of our wedding. Our coordinator was very on top of things. She was responsive, and flexible, especially with my budget. She worked with me in figuring out a menu set for our wedding. It was perfect, the chicken was not dry, and everything was fresh and neatly presented the day of. I was very impressed overall!

Sent on 11/08/2015

Allison · Married on 05/02/2015

We didn't have a choice, Jay's was the contracted vendor with our wedding venue, but boy are we glad that they were! I liked the tastings, they were fun and everything there was good, but something happened in between then and my wedding. We got so many compliments on the food! Not only that, but the staff was very helpful and pleasant. It was an all around great experience! We worked with Hannah Stuber, who had the daunting task of taking over the coordination of our wedding food about 3 months before the wedding when our original coordinator was not available any longer. She was fabulous!

Sent on 08/23/2015

Crystal · Married on 04/25/2015

We used Jay's catering for our wedding because we have read so many great reviews on them, and decided to go in for a tasting. Just the tasting alone blew us away, because when you hear the word tasting, you think Costco samples, so we had eaten a little before we went, and immediately regretted it! There was so many different choices for just about anything you could think of! Since we were having a wedding at a park, we wanted to do their small stations, and again, they are not small at all! We chose to have a filet minion carvery, vegetarian lasagne, Mac & cheese, and mashed potato bar, and to top it all off, a dessert bar with an amazing wedding cake! Everything was delicious! Everyone raves about the food, and I seriously encourage Jay's to open a fine in restaurant because the food is just that good! Thank you Jay's for making our special day, AMAZING! Would definitely do it all over again!

Sent on 05/03/2015

Cara · Married on 11/14/2014

We had Jay's Catering cater our wedding and they were WONDERFUL!!! The cupcake tower was beautiful, the buffet food was delicious and the entire staff was professional! Since we were married on a Friday, they offer a "Fabulous Friday" which fit our budget perfectly! Our contact was April Chaim who was a delight to work with! She was very easy to get in touch with and always made sure I was happy with the answers/options. If you are shopping around as to who should cater your wedding.....look no further...go with Jay's Catering....THEY ARE AMAZING!!!

Sent on 12/30/2014

Jessica · Married on 11/07/2014

Patti was the most helpful person! And a delight to work with! An we are still getting compliments on the food!

Sent on 03/13/2015

The food at my wedding was so tasty! The staff was very professional and helpful throughout the entire process.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Jay's Catering Company's reply:

Thank you for the kind review. We're so glad you enjoyed our food and customer service! All the best, Armand.

Nicaela · Married on 09/26/2014

I don't even know where to start. I worked with Nicki, and all I can say is that she made my husband and I feel 110% comfortable about everything! She and I communicated quite often and she was the most organized and transparent person.

Jay's did everything from our incredible food, appetizers, stocked bar, beautiful cake, linens, silverware, plates, special head tables flawlessly! I can't even tell you all the people that raved about our appetizers and said how good the food was. The bartenders were super friendly and the staff was great!! Really I can't say enough good things about our experience with Jay's.

Sent on 10/08/2014

Jay's Catering Company's reply:

Hi Nicaela, Thank you for the encouraging review. We're so glad Nicki was able to help you make the planning process and your big day a success. Also, we're thrilled you and your guests loved the food we prepared. Thanks! Best, Armand.