Jay West Reviews

Jay West 7
  • Ivy

Ivy · Married on 10/13/2019

Wedding dress

I had a wonderful time selecting my dress in October. I saw a dress in the window and had a feeling about it but didn't ask about it until the end when my dress helper suggested it. Turns out, that was the one. We are going back to Jay West for my bridesmaids in February!! Super excited. :)

Sent on 01/29/2019
  • sarah

sarah · Married on 09/07/2019

So helpful

IM SO EXCITED I GOT MY WEDDING DRESS FROM HERE. MY VAIL IS ALREADY IN NOW IM JUST WAITING FOR MY DRESS

Sent on 12/07/2018
  • Molly

Molly · Married on 08/09/2019

Thank you Jay West!

I bought my dress from Jay West for my wedding that was on August 9th, 2019 at The Pen Ryn Estate. My dress is Essense of Australia Style #D2525, formal A-Line, sweetheart neckline, off the shoulder. I bought my dress in August of 2018 during the Summer sale. From the very beginning, the staff at Jay West was very kind, welcoming, professional, & extremely knowledgeable about bridal gowns. Jay West was the first bridal boutique that my family & I looked at for gowns, & we had a wonderful experience. They listened to my ideas & vision of my dress & helped me stick to my budget. After not having success with the first few dresses that were in budget, Patti asked if it was okay that she pulls a dress a little out of budget). It was the most beautiful dress that fit my body perfectly. Patti truly knew the type of dress I was looking for & I’m glad she pulled it. That takes a lot of skill & I really appreciated that. The dress really wasn’t that much over budget & my mom was so incredibly generous to buy it for me. I am forever grateful for that & that she also paid for the alterations. The staff at Jay West was always so accommodating to my family. I have a sister who is in a wheelchair & requires assistance getting up & down stairs. They were always helpful & accommodating. I didn’t always go downstairs for dress fittings & appointments. They would let us go to one of the fitting rooms upstairs instead of going downstairs. The staff remembered me & my family & always made a fuss when we go in. It was really nice to always be welcomed with a smile. My bridesmaids ordered their bridesmaid dresses at Jay West too. Janet was very helpful in helping us figure out what dresses I wanted & gave me great ideas. I wanted my bridesmaids to choose a dress that was comfortable for them, so she advised me that I give everyone a couple options which worked out well. She also helped me come to a decision on the color of my dresses. I was indecisive on colors & she gave me the idea to go with long black. It was the best decision! My alterations were done by Kay & she did an incredible job. She had to shorten it and take it in since I was losing weight & did that with no problems. She was so sweet throughout the entire process & made me feel comfortable each time. Kay also was happy to create a veil for me from my mom’s original veil. She did an amazing job & the veil is something I’ll cherish forever. Thank you to Kay for all the alternations you did for my dress & for creating the veil. I am still receiving so many compliments on my dress & how well it fit me. It is the most beautiful dress ever! Thank you to Melissa & Sue for helping me get my dress ready & helping me put it into my car when I picked it up for the wedding. I picked it up the day before because at my last official fitting, the sleeves needed a little extra altering & Kay was happy to do quickly, making every little detail perfect. I had such a great overall experience at Jay West & am proud to have gotten my dress from this local boutique. Their customer service is excellent – answering phones promptly & making sure all my questions/needs are met. I would recommend Jay West to anyone. You certainly will not be disappointed in the great quality of wedding gowns & the customer service. Thank you to Patti, Sue, Melissa, Cathy, Janet, Emily, Carol, everyone at Jay West for making my bridal gown experience so great!! I give Jay West 5 stars!

Sent on 09/02/2019
    Jay West 12
    Jay West 13
  • Victoria

Victoria Veight · Married on 06/07/2019

Got it exactly right with my dress & Jay West!

I would drive by Jay West almost every day when my husband and I were still dating. I always wanted to go there because the dresses in the window were so beautiful! This was the 3rd shop in 1 day that I tried. After the 2nd shop I was exhausted and felt defeated but when I got to Jay West I told them my budget what I was thinking I wanted and we walked around and picked out probably 20 dresses. The first dress I tried on I did not see before Cathy handed it to me...I walked out and instantly knew it was the dress. My family and MOH could see that it was the dress by my face. My MOH asked if I wanted to try on other dresses still - I said sure but never actually did. This was the dress. Cathy said that she knew right when she saw me that she wanted to have me try this dress on! They are amazing at Jay West! The dress was in my price point and we didn't go over! I loved it even more when I found out it had pockets! Honestly - they are professional and amazing - the seamstress is just as wonderful! Love love loved my experience and my dress!

Sent on 08/20/2019
    Jay West 18
    Jay West 19
    Jay West 20

Kylie · Married on 09/29/2018

I purchased a hair piece from Jay West for my wedding day and can't wait to wear it! I tagged along with my friend who was trying on dresses and the staff was very friendly, we had a great experience :)

Sent on 03/01/2018

Lindsay · Married on 11/04/2017

I stopped by Jay West to look at Bridesmaid dresses.. I showed them a picture of the dress I liked, they went right into the back and pulled it out for me. Id don't have any bridesmaids with me at the time but they let me and my mom try the dress on for size and look. They custom fit and do the alterations there, so I set up appointments for all of my girls, and we were able to get 20% off of the bridesmaids dresses since all of my girls are going to purchase from there. Fantastic customer service!!

Sent on 01/12/2016

Samantha · Married on 01/14/2017

This was the last place I went to look for a dress and ended up choosing the last dress I tried on. Everyone is very friendly and patient, and Kay, the seamstress I worked with there, did a phenomenal job with my dress alterations. It fit perfectly and my husband was blown away at our first look!

Sent on 02/14/2017
  • Kelli

Kelli · Married on 12/31/2016

I had such a great experience with Jay West. This may have been the 7th or 8th bridal boutique I tried, but the first one that made me feel completely at ease and comfortable! I was able to try on multiple dress styles within my budget and there was no pressure to decide right away. I came in a couple times with different groups and there was so much flexibility. When I made the decision on the dress, it was such a great moment & the ladies at Jay West made it feel so special. I had Kay do my alterations, and she was THE BEST!!! She listened to everything I wanted for my dress (and I was very particular with the bustle) and she used some magic to make everything look beautiful and exactly how I wanted it! Go to Jay West! Ask for Kay to do your alterations! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 04/20/2017
  • Beautygirlsmom

Anna · Married on 11/19/2016

We not only got the most stunning gown for my daughter's November wedding, we also purchased a gown for the Mother-of the Bride, and then at the last minute, when another vendor messed up an order, we were able to rush order gowns for the Maid of Honor and Junior bridesmaid. The service is EXCELLENT. Lisa D was amazing at helping the MOB choose her gown, getting her a bit out of her comfort zone to look stunning (no, seriously, people in the hotel were coming up to me to comment on how absolutely gorgeous my gown was). Barbara outfitted the bride, and it was so easy to "say yes to a dress" with her capable hands guiding the way. Alterations were easy and convenient. Such a wonderful experience!

Sent on 12/10/2016

Christine · Married on 10/29/2016

Jay West was the second shop I visited in my search for a gown. They were wonderful! I arrived with 3 family members, and they treated us so well. I tried on a few different styles, but was hung up on a dress that I had seen online. They were quick to get a loaner into the shop a few weeks later, and I was able to purchase the dress that I had been dreaming about. They were spot on with their timeline throughout the whole process. Their seamstress Kay was really great to work with, and my strapless dress was a perfect fit in the day of (not once did I have to pull it up!). Thanks ladies!!

Sent on 11/06/2016

elise · Married on 10/29/2016

I got my wedding dress and veil at Jay West! The dress was Gorgeous!!! I got an Allure gown that was all Ivory lace with a champagne underlay that looked absolutely perfect and different! Each person I worked with at Jay West was extremely helpful and took their time with me and my whole bridal entourage that had to come along. They spent hours helping me try on as many dresses as I wanted, (not just 3 like most bridal shops) until I found the perfect one! They also let me customize the gown, I added sparkling Swarovski and pearl sleeves and a belt to go around the waistline. The Seamstress was wonderful as well and we couldn't be happier with our purchase!

Sent on 11/12/2016

Alyssa · Married on 06/04/2016

The ladies at Jay West were a pleasure to work with. They were professional and friendly and truly paid attention to every detail as I explained what my dream dress looked like. We found the gown within three dresses! Their seamstress Kay was absolutely fantastic! I would highly recommend trying to find your dress here!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Katrina · Married on 06/04/2016

Everyone in the surrounding area knows this place is awesome! So friendly, professional, great selection, very knowledgeable, not pushy...and willing to work with budget and pricing. I did alterations here too with Kathy and she is AMAZING!! Seriously...she did so much work, great quality and so affordable. Love this place!

Sent on 06/30/2016

They had a nice selection of dresses that catered to every size women. Not knowing what I wanted in a dress, they listened to me made many great suggestions. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 04/20/2016

Jay West is the best place for bridesmaid dresses in the area. The customer service at Jay West is unbeatable. Their selection of Bridesmaid dresses is extensive. I would recommend Jay West to anyone.

Sent on 09/22/2015

Carly · Married on 08/07/2015

The Jay West staff, especially Melissa were absolutely phenomenal. From start to finish I was 100% satisfied with my experience! Melissa dedicated her time and helped me not only pick the perfect dress, but create the perfect bustle on my dress, pair it with the most gorgeous veil and helped me pick out my bridesmaid dresses (which varied in color and style)! My experience was beyond my expectations and I highly recommend Jay West for anyone looking for their dream dress!

Sent on 08/17/2015

Jennifer · Married on 07/18/2015

I absolutely loved my gown from Jay West! I received many compliments on the day of my wedding! It fit like a glove and I felt so beautiful in it!

Sent on 07/25/2015

Jen · Married on 06/13/2015

Jay West was probably the 5th salon I went to. I went in and told my consultant all of my insecurities. She picked the perfect dress for me! They also helped me pick out all my jewelry, my veil, and shoes.

Sent on 07/26/2015

Leah · Married on 05/23/2015

Jay West extremely accommodating the sales associate was genuine and very helpful and took great pride helping me find the perfect dress. Our follow up phone calls and conversations made me feel comfortable and secure with my decision to purchase my dress at Jay West.

Sent on 11/22/2014
  • kristenann

Kristen · Married on 10/18/2014

I recently purchased my dress from Jay West and I couldn't be happier! From the moment that I walked in from the time that I left, my consultant made me feel like I was the only bride in the store even though they were pretty crowded. She let me go through the dresses with her and pull the ones that not only she though I would like, but that I thought I would like.
    They had a beautiful dress displayed in the window and when I asked about it, she didn't even hesitate to jump into the window and take the dress off of the display for me.
    I tried on about 60 dresses prior to my appointment and I let my consultant know. She wasn't happy because she thought I was torturing myself but promised that I would find my dress. I tried on about 5 dresses, all of which both myself and my family liked. Then I tried on the dress from the window. It was mine! I feel in love. My consultant found th perfect veil, hugged me and my family. She even walked away and waited just to make sure it was The Dress without giving me any pressure to buy, which I loved.
    She measured me, hugged me again and had all of the consultants come down to see. It was an amazing experience.
    They offered an end of the year 20% off sale, which I took advantage of- and no sales tax! A fantastic deal!
    I would recommend Jay West to any bride. They were simply amazing.

Sent on 12/31/2013
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 10/04/2014

I flew from California to go with my sister to try on bridesmaid dresses. My sister made an appointment with Jay West.
    We were greeted by Laurie who would be our consultant for the day. She was very nice and very helpful throughout the whole process. She clipped the dresses my sister had on and knew exactly what size would work perfect for her. Laurie also gave me the information of the dresses I liked so I could share with my other bridesmaids in Florida.
    Not only was Laurie extremely nice but the other woman who worked at Jay West were very nice. They answered questions I had about jewelry and complimented how the dresses looked on my sister.
    Jay West really goes above and beyond to provide great customer service and to make the day special!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Stephanie · Married on 09/28/2014

I LOVED my dress from Jay West! They had a dress that no other bridal salon in NJ was carrying, and it was absolutely perfect for my wedding day. It was unique and captured the feel we were going for. Antoinette did an amazing job tailoring it to fit me perfectly, too.

Sent on 09/30/2014

Carrie · Married on 09/26/2014

Beautiful selection of dresses. I'm so glad I went to Jay West. The woman helping me knew exactly what I wanted and knew what would look great on my body. Very helpful. I loveeee my wedding dress and I never wanted to take it off.

Sent on 11/03/2014

Erika · Married on 07/19/2014

I had finally said Yes To The Dress at Jay West. The staff at this store is very flexible and accommodating. The star at this place is Kay, the seamstress made the gown fit my body like a glove. She had to alter my dress several times and always did it with a smile. I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for their dress!

Sent on 08/01/2014

Janine · Married on 07/19/2014

So many people say the dress shopping process is stressful but that was not my experience at all with Jay West. My consultant pulled a variety of styles for me and it was easy to see what I hated (anything poofy, anything strapless, anything "princess"). I tried on about 10 dresses and decided on one that I loved that first day. What really stood out to me here was my alterations. Kay was simply amazing. She had me come in several times to make sure it was just right. When she was all finished with my dress, it fit like a glove and I can't even tell you how many compliments I have gotten on my dress. I wish I could attach a picture here because it was stunning. After the wedding reception was over, we went to a bar and random girls in the bar were screaming at me and taking pictures with me like I was some kind of celebrity because they said my dress was so gorgeous. It was kind of crazy actually. Basically I wanted to live in the dress. It was perfect!!

Sent on 08/01/2014