Jay Qualls Cakes Reviews

48 | Nashville, TN

48 Reviews for Jay Qualls Cakes

Jay did my cake for my wedding in September. I had a few ideas, but Jay expertise and skills blew anything that I had in mind out of the water. My cake was perfect and unique. I couldn't of picked a more beautiful cake design. I would recommend Jay to anyone who is wanting something unique and different.

Sent on 01/23/2015

Corene · Married on 05/21/2014

I never had the pleasure of meeting with Jay in person but when a cake is as beautiful and scrumptious as his…it matters not. Jay’s work speaks for itself. He is an accomplished master in his field. With so much talent, it might be hard for a bride to choose what her heart desires, but for me it was simple. I asked Jay to do what he does best, create. The first time I saw my cake my heart skipped a beat. It was truly a work of art. He combined all of the esthetic elements of my wedding and transformed it into a delectable masterpiece. It was a vision of edible extravagance. I am a lover of cake and had I not been the bride I can assure you I would have been hiding in a corner eating much more than my fair share. So yummy!

Sent on 06/12/2014

Jay not only provided a beautiful cake, but he makes the most delicious cakes you will ever taste. Jay is very accommodating and will listen to your needs and preferences and make them show on your cake. He is truly an artist!

Sent on 11/24/2013

Katie · Married on 12/08/2012

Jay is not only an amazing designer and baker, he is an amazing person. I feel so incredibly lucky that I got to work with him! Jay listened to everything I wanted, but threw ideas out that absolutely blew my mind (and everyone else's). He was able to bring out a creative side in me, and I am so happy he did! The cake he designed was the centerpiece of my entire wedding. Everyone could not stop talking about how amazing it was! Jay was so patient and kind through the entire process and I can't imagine what my cake and my wedding would have turned out like if I hadn't used him. If you are looking for a cake baker that is absolutely amazing, Jay Qualls is for you!!
    I am so thankful to you Jay!!!

Sent on 03/01/2013

Christy · Married on 05/14/2012

Jay was wonderful to work with. He was so excited to work on our cake and I loved having him on my team! Our cake was beautiful and I could not be happier!

Sent on 06/22/2012

Miranda · Married on 05/12/2012

Jay is absolutely amazing! He was professional, attentive, caring and not only makes the most beautiful cakes anywhere, they are also delicious.
    You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 08/01/2012

Lindsey · Married on 08/13/2011

Jay is a true artist and one of the most fun people you will work with during your wedding planning process. I cannot tell you how much I absolutely adore him and how special he made our wedding day.

Our main cake was an easy pick. The second I walked into Jay's shop I saw the one for me. My husband's pick was a little more complicated. He wanted a very specific grooms cake. Jay TOTALLY made it happen. When we saw it at the reception, we about lost our minds; it was SO FABULOUS! He loved it sooooooooo much, and people couldn't stop talking about the amazing Super Hero Cake!

However, I will say that while the main cake was an easy pick, it stole the show...because it was HANGING FROM THE CEILING! Yes, this is why I love him; he thinks outside the box. The cake was so so so so amazing. People kept coming up to me and saying, "Is your cake REALLY suspended??" They were just blown away by the wow factor and couldn't get over it. It was truly spectacular!

Jay, you were a dream to work with. I love you and think you are absolutely amazing. Thank you for making me feel so special, and I just truly appreciate everything that you did for us. We loved the cakes; they were not only amazing look at but tasty too! :)

I do not hesitate what-so-ever recommending Jay Qualls. You won't find anyone else better than him and his team in this town; you can't do better than the best!!! :)

Sent on 08/15/2011

Christy · Married on 11/21/2010

Jay is an absolute artist. Our wedding cake was incredibly beautiful. I could not have asked for anything better. Our guests STILL talk about our cake. In my album of wedding photos, I call the cake the "centerfold." Jay is a Rock Star in the cake world and an absolutely stellar person. He truly loves what he does and it shows. I'm honored to now call him my friend.

Sent on 04/09/2012

Lindsay · Married on 11/06/2010

I looked high and low for someone to make my wedding cake. I wanted someone who thought "outside the box", offered plenty of options, and whose cake tasted as good as it looked. I found all of that - plus more - when working with Jay at Maples Wedding Cakes! My wedding reception was in the ballroom at the Hutton Hotel in Nashville, which is a huge 7,000 sq ft venue. I was worried my cake might get lost in the atmosphere, but the cake that Jay & the team at Maples made for me was the HIGHLIGHT of the room! It was stunning!! And I rarely see wedding cakes that are stunning. I hated to cut it because it was so amazing! It was fashion-forward, unique, and very "me." I loved that Jay listened to what I wanted and helped me design a cake that I would remember forever, which is more than I can say for a lot of bakers. Jay is amazing, and I would HIGHLY recommend using Maples Wedding Cakes to any and every bride in and around the Nashville area!

Sent on 11/18/2010

Danielle · Married on 11/06/2010

AMAZING!!! My wedding cake was a dream! Jay at Maples wedding Cakes took my vision and went to a whole other level with it!
    The design was amazing- the taste was amazing, and working with Jay was so easy and enjoyable!
    Thanks Jay!

Sent on 01/18/2011

alana · Married on 10/09/2010

Where do I start? My cake was fabulous and more than I could have ever hoped for! Originally I was going to have cupcakes until I went to the bridal show and saw what amazing pieces of art Jay and his staff could create. I fell in love with him from the beginning. Jay pulled inspiration from the colors in my linen to create a marble effect on the flowers, words don't do it justice on how perfect it was! The cake was flawless and it tasted wonderful, there was not much leftover. Jay truly cares about his brides and that made my day very special.

Sent on 10/10/2010

Alana,

You make what I do worth while! It was amazing working with you and thank you for giving me the freedom to be creative and inspiring me! I wish you so much happiness in your future! You are amazing!

Jay

Mary · Married on 10/03/2010

One of the first things I was looking for when purchasing a wedding cake was taste. I love the sour cream almond cake it was absolutely delicious. The fondant he uses melts in your mouth. My cake was designed after my save the dates and hit the nail on the head. The cake was gorgeous and the taste was to die for. He made the process very easy for me and he is priced very reasonably. Thank you, Jay!

Sent on 10/19/2010

Anne · Married on 05/22/2010

Jay Qualls of Maples Wedding Cakes made the selection of a wedding cake a truly delightful experience! We met with Jay and tasted several flavors of cake and discussed what our daughter and her fiance wanted their cake to look like! The Wedding Cake was absolutely delicious and was so beautiful!

Sent on 06/02/2010

Jay Qualls Cakes's reply:

Ms. Anne, It was such a pleasure working with you all. I had so much fun in our consultation. Thank you so much for your kind words and it was a true pleasure.

Alice · Married on 05/22/2010

I was blown away by my wedding cake! I continue to hear from my guests that it was the best wedding cake they have ever eaten! I had a consultation with Jay and I had a book of cake designs that I had cut out of magazines. I had no real idea of what I wanted, but he found the common threads among my pictures and sketched out the perfect wedding cake for me! The fondant is FANTASTIC, as is his attention to detail! I absolutely recommend Jay and his team to any bride who wants an amazing wedding cake!

Sent on 06/14/2010

Alice,

It was such a pleasure working and meeting with you and your family. I loved, loved, loved your cake design. It is one of my favorite designs this year, ever for that matter! You were so delightful and I was honored to be a part of your wedding. Thank you again and please stay in touch.

Sarah · Married on 05/22/2010

Working with Jay was wonderful. I wasn't excited about our cake because I THOUGHT I didn't like cake. I swear I didn't like cake until I tasted Jay's and his are amazing!

He has a nice array of cakes to look at and you can tell him what you like or dislike and he will create a cake all your own.

If I could do it over again the only thing I would change is I would have made more time to eat more.

Sent on 08/21/2010

Sarah,

Thank you for your review and kind words. You made my job very easy. You knew what you wanted and I'm so glad to have met and worked with you. I wish you much happiness. Thank you again, Jay

Jennifer · Married on 05/08/2010

Maples is wonderful! Jay was great to work with and really cared about making sure our wedding cake was exactly what we wanted. Our cake was so beautiful we didn't want to cut into it. It also tasted great! We chose the platinum and pearls design with black ribbon in the center of each layer and 4 beautiful broaches decorating each layer. Our flavors were chocolate, strawberry and almond buttercream. It's been 3 weeks since our wedding and we are still receiving compliments on how beautiful our cake was. I would definitely recommend Maples to anyone!

Sent on 05/31/2010

Jay Qualls Cakes's reply:

It was such a pleasure working with you. I'm flattered that you chose one of my original designs as your wedding cake. Thank you so much for choosing us to do your cake. I know you have many options from many very talented cake designers in Nashville. Thank you again and we wish you much happiness in your new marriage.

April · Married on 01/02/2010

Maples is wonderful. Jay is professional, creative and his cakes not only are beautiful but taste fabulous. My daughter's cake was just what we wanted. He also did the grooms cake. He designed it based on our vision and it was perfect.

Sent on 03/11/2010

Jay Qualls Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much for writing a review. It is so nice to have feedback from our customers. We are thrilled that you all loved your cake. We certainly enjoyed producing and enjoyed working with you to make your vision a reality. Thank you again.

Tyson · Married on 11/25/2009

Our cake was amazing!They known that what we wanted and they are professional.The biggest shock was how huge it was, which was also fabulous! You can not trust your own eyes.I had dreamed of nothing about my wedding except for the cake: red velvet with buttercream frosting and cream cheese filling. It was superb!

Sent on 01/24/2010

Amber · Married on 10/10/2009

Wow! Jay made us the most stunning cakes for our wedding. We were impressed with Maples (and Jay) from our initial meeting. From the first tasting to seeing our cakes for the first time at the reception--the experience was everything a couple would want. We had some specific ideas about what we wanted and Jay brought those ideas to life. He copied the pattern from my vintage family china and hand painted it on the stunning (and did I mention tasty?) wedding cake. If you like coconut--you really should ask to taste his coconut cake--with lemon curd and coconut buttercream.

The groom's cake was stunning--an architectural cake fashioned after the family farmhouse my husband loves so much. The cake was so impressive that we hated to cut into it. It really looked just like a little version of the house. Not only did it look good--it tasted good too.

When we began looking for someone to make our wedding cakes, taste was the most important thing to us, followed closely by design. Jay surpassed our expectations on both. We still look at pictures and agree we had the best wedding cakes ever!

Sent on 08/21/2010

Jay Qualls Cakes's reply:

Well, this wedding was extremely special to me for many reasons that I won't go into on here. This lovely couple and I do mean lovely made me push myself artistically. I had so much fun doing both of these cakes and I wish them all the happiness in the world! Please take care of each other and love each other. Much cake love, Jay
  • DuggerLady

Laura · Married on 10/04/2009

Working with Jay was a pleasure- the tasting was fun and Jay really took the time to listen to my and my husband's ideas and needs and worked with us to come up with something that worked perfectly for both of us! The cake arrived on time and was beautiful! When we got to cut it, it was so delicious- very fresh and exactly what we wanted: our cake was layers of chocolate mocha and banana with chocolate icing- so good! We had the caterers pack up a couple pieces for us to have after the reception and nothing is more perfect than starting your honeymoon with some time to enjoy your cake and champagne just the two of you. Thank you Jay!

Sent on 10/30/2009

Donna · Married on 10/03/2009

It was beautiful and it was delicious! Period.

Sent on 10/27/2009

Amanda · Married on 10/02/2009

Their fondant was actually cheaper than their buttercream. Who would have thought. Everything about my cake was great. It was beautiful. It was delivered timely. It tasted delicious.

I got so many compliments and could not have dreamed of getting another cake!

I cannot wait to have my anniversary layer.

Sent on 10/26/2009

Judy · Married on 09/25/2009

We ordered the sourcream almond wedding cake. It was designed like the Platinum and Pearls cake with a champagne ribbon fondant icing with jewels flowing down the front. The over all look was absolutely stunning and was the center piece of the reception. The guest were all commenting that the cake was to gorgeous to cut. But they were extremly happy that we did. Not only was the cake gorgeous, the flavor was amazing.

Jay was wonderful to work with. With planning a wedding it is very important to select vendors you don't have to worry about. You have enough to think about. With Jay I knew he would do exactly what we had talked about and that the delivery of the cake would be safe. It was a pleasure working with Jay.

Sent on 09/29/2009

Becca · Married on 08/22/2009

Maples Wedding Cakes exceeded our expectations on every level! The Bride's cake was absolutely exquisite! The Groom's cake (a Maples Leaf Hockey Puck) was a huge hit. And, it was the BEST tasting cake ever. We ordered the Sour Cream Almond flavor and it was delicious! We would HIGHLY recommend Maples. Jay is so personable, professional and artistic. Maple is perfection!

Sent on 09/05/2009

Amy · Married on 07/18/2009

Jay is wonderful to work with!!! The cake is out of this world! You know most time when you go to weddings, there is always cake left over. We had NONE!! It was all eaten, and everyone raved about it! Not only does it taste good, it looks fabulous!!

Sent on 08/04/2009