Javier Méndez Photography Reviews

8 | San Jose, CR

8 Reviews for Javier Méndez Photography

• Melissa

Melissa Sanchez · Married on 01/04/2020

El mejor fotografo de bodas en CR

No puedo imaginar otro fotógrafo para mi boda mejor que Javier. Las fotos me hicieron vivir de nuevo cada momento. Fotos llenas de sentimiento. Una atención impecable

Sent on 05/23/2019

Aneta Drozd · Married on 11/30/2018

Great Experience, Awesome Photos

Javier shot our wedding at the Riu Guanacaste, Costa Rica, in December 2018. He was very professional and flexible throughout the entire process and we are very happy with the pictures he took from our special day. Javier was also very quick and delivered the photos within 3 weeks of the wedding (for us that was just before Christmas and allowed us to share some photos with our friends and family). The photos were given to us via DropBox link which makes them easy to view, share and download with your loved ones. We would definitely recommend Javier for your photo sessions!

Sent on 02/17/2019

J Song · Married on 11/19/2018

Wedding photos that surpassed my dreams & high expectations

Prior to booking my photo appointment with Javier Mendez, I had spent months looking for the right photographer.

I am a Hispanic American woman married to a Korean American man and I wanted a photographer that would capture both our traditional (Hanbok) dress as well as the wedding dress/tuxedo we were married in. I had a very specific look in mind and hadn’t found the right photographer until a family friend recommended Javier Mendez. As soon as I viewed his portfolio, I fell in love.

He traveled to the New Jersey/New York area to take my photos, I am normally very camera shy and I expressed this concern to him ahead of time. I felt like a completely different person in front of his camera! He made both my groom and myself feel at ease, knew how to direct our poses and capture us smiling at each other naturally.

He was very professional but at the same time, the session was relaxed enough that we all had a wonderful time.

While the experience was beyond my expectations (which are already very high), the photos absolutely blew me away!

I am so grateful I came across this photographer & was able to schedule a session with him. I got the photos I had only dreamed of and created memories I won’t soon forget.

I can not recommend Javier Mendez enough!

I am sharing photographs below of my wedding session!

Sent on 12/14/2018

Jiya Brown · Married on 07/12/2018

I love my wedding memories

I am glad I chose you as my wedding photographer. I am so in love with my wedding photos

Sent on 01/16/2019
  • Raquel

Raquel Jimenez · Married on 03/14/2018

Especactular todas las fotos

Ame, el detalle del baul y todas las fotos. Sin palabras!! Definitivamente elegi al mejor. Gracias de todo corazon por captar cada momento, su esencia

Sent on 01/16/2019
  • Kristine

Kristine Perez · Married on 06/11/2016

Amazing Work!

I could not believe when I saw the photos! Inspite of the terrible weather Javier took such an amazing photos. I always going to be thakful for the work you did in my wedding

Sent on 10/15/2018

Gigi Li · Married on 11/09/2019

3.4
      2.0
      2.0

disappointed

Javier and his mom worked as our photographers for our engagement shoot. Javier was very accommodating on pricing, time and date. We really appreciated that since we were coming from out of the country. He was also very timely with providing edited photos.

We initially chose Javier because we saw awesome photos on his site. However, we didn't feel that way about our photos. We're really disappointed because we did not share any of our photos on our social medias and will not be using them for our save-the-dates. We feel like we wasted our money because we are now paying another photographer to redo our photos.

Sent on 05/07/2019
  • Abby

Abby · Married on 12/02/2018

3.0

Pictures were beautiful, but disappointed with our ceremony video

Our photos were absolutely beautiful! My only complaint is with our videography. I hired him to do our wedding videography and we were promised a video of our wedding ceremony. My husband and I eloped (just the two of us with no family or friends present), so it was really important for us to have the entire ceremony recorded for friends and family to watch. A few weeks after the wedding we received a couple videos of different clips from the wedding day, which were beautiful. About 2 months after the wedding we received the ceremony video. The video was nice, except it has no footage of me walking down the aisle (which, in my opinion, is a very important part of the ceremony). I have emailed him 3 times asking him to please add that to the video (we even told him we can edit the video ourselves if he could just send us the footage), but he has ignored all my emails. It has now been 4 months since I've heard from him and I've lost all hope of ever having footage of me walking down the aisle. My husband and I are extremely saddened and disappointed by this.

Sent on 05/28/2019