Jason Thomas Crocker Photography Reviews

78 | Waukee, IA

78 Reviews for Jason Thomas Crocker Photography

• Gabby

Gabby Buchholz · Getting married on 06/05/2022

Bottom line: Book him, you won't regret it.

Jason was everything I could've hoped for in a wedding photographer! If you are looking for a relaxed, easy-going, chill, and fun photographer. This is your guy!! Our wedding was postponed due to COVID-19, and Jason made it super easy to reschedule our big event for next year. We decided to have a small wedding this year and have Jason photograph the event. I am so thrilled we had him for this year's wedding. The gallery he put together for us is unbelievable and it symbolized the meaning of the event. Jason really knows the perfect angle to capture those special moments. We were thrilled to have him as a photographer and we are looking forward to having him next year.

Sent on 06/22/2020

Breanna Blaess Greteman · Getting married on 03/11/2021

Incredible Work!

Jason was a pleasure to work with leading up to our big day, and ensured that despite our wedding being in mid-November during a pandemic that our day was special. He stood in the 40 degree windy weather for two hours to ensure that we could get our perfect outdoor pictures! Would absolutely recommend!

Sent on 11/16/2020

Alexandria Celli · Married on 01/10/2021

Above and beyond!

Jason is fantastic. We chose him because I fell in love with the artistic styling of his photos. He is such an artist! Little did we know how awesome he is to work with. Due to covid, our date and venue changed quite drastically. Jason was our first call! We knew we didn’t want to lose him as a vendor. He was incredible. Our photos are fantastic and he was honestly great to have around the whole day! All of guests thought he was such a nice person too! His chill personality helps keep a busy day relaxed and on schedule. Cannot sing his praises enough. THANK YOU!

Sent on 10/07/2020
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 12/18/2020

Highly recommend!!

Jason was wonderful to work with every step of the way. He was flexible and understanding when we had to postpone our original wedding date. He was always very responsive and easy to communicate with, including all of the countless changes we had to make along the way. He made myself, my husband, and our families feel very comfortable on our wedding day - even though none of us are used to being in front of the camera.
    Also, this goes without saying, but Jason is such a talented photographer. We absolutely love all of the photos we have from our wedding day and our engagement session. He captured so many special candid moments and was also willing to take numerous family formals we requested. He also returned our photos to us in record time, and even sent us a few sneak peaks the night of our wedding! I love that every wedding Jason shoots has such a different feel to it - he is so creative and does such a great job capturing every wedding in a unique way.
    I highly recommend hiring Jason as your wedding photographer!!

Sent on 01/17/2021

Alex Morrison · Married on 10/07/2020

Hes amazing

Jason was INCREDIBLE. During the wedding planning process everything pretty much fell apart, Jason was flexible and worked with us the entire time. He made our experience fun, light, and relaxed. His pictures are beyond anything we ever expected, the quality, the turnaround time, everything from start to finish was nothing but the best. He truly is an amazing photographer.

Sent on 11/07/2020
  • Claire

Cnor · Married on 09/06/2020

Phenomenal Photographer

We cannot say enough good things about Jason. Due to COVID, we had to reschedule our engagement photos and wedding day multiple times and he worked with us every step of the way with any schedule changes we needed to make. Through the schedule craziness, we ended up doing our engagement photos three days before our wedding and I knew from that first photo that we had made the right choice. He was able to perfectly match the energy needs of me (I tend to be hyped and need mellow) and my husband (he tends to be quiet and needs energetic) and by the end of the day, it felt like we had known each other for years. His ability to read and empathize with the needs of his customers truly sets him apart and makes him a cut above the rest. My husband usually strongly dislikes photos and his facial expressions in photos usually reflects this sentiment, but every single one of the photos Jason took of my husband showed the goofy, loving, sweet man I married because my husband felt so relaxed and comfortable around Jason. He also was extremely quick with getting our engagement photos back to us. We took them on a Thursday and he had the entire session of edited GORGOUS photos to us the very next day.
    On the actual day of the wedding, I was slightly more stressed, and Jason balanced that energy by becoming the very calm and collected, which I desperately needed. At one particularly stressful point, he handed me a drink and suggested I take a quick break so we went to a quiet room and just sat in silence for 10 minutes while I regrouped. It was exactly what I needed and it reset my brain so the rest of the night was smooth. This is just the kind of person and photographer Jason is. It really isn't an exaggeration to say that Jason made our wedding day. And the photos!! Absolutely remarkable! The juxtaposition of dramatic backgrounds, bold colors, and his ability to capture genuine emotion is simply stunning. My husband and I are so extremely happy we chose to use Jason as our photographer and have nothing but the best things to say about him.

Sent on 09/09/2020

Alexis Hemsath · Married on 07/25/2020

We could not have asked for a better photographer

Jason went above and beyond what we ever could have hoped for in a photographer.

From day one he was prompt in his responsiveness and answered all questions we had. He was very organized and professional.

He made our wedding day feel so relaxed and stress free. He helped keep the day on schedule and in order.

His photographs were absolutely stunning. You can tell he is very experienced and knew how to capture the raw emotion throughout our day. I cried looking through the pictures because he captured the moments in a way that allowed us to re live the day in its entirety . All of the pictures looked so natural and flawless. He has a unique touch that makes his photographs stand out from all others. His pictures should be in a magazine. We have never received so many compliments. You won’t find a better photographer in Des Moines.

Sent on 09/05/2020
  • Mireya

Mireya Del Carpio · Married on 07/11/2020

Amazing photographer!

I can't recommend Jason enough. Not only did he take amazing photos and capture all the precious candid moments, he was also fun to be around and felt like he really fit in on the big day. He's very easy going but also very good at giving orders when things feel chaotic. He was also very flexible to work since I had to change my date due to COVID. You won't regret having Jason for wedding!

Sent on 09/16/2020

Khalie Lynch · Married on 12/07/2019

Best. Choice. Ever

Don’t look any further for a wedding photographer- Jason is the world’s best!
    From our first engagement pictures all the way in Denver to the last photo of the night in Ohio on our wedding night, Jason was a rockstar. I shared with him how much I loved the famous JTC champagne spray photo and he made it happen, even though he was covered in champagne by the end of the night!
    He was so patient with our crazy families and rowdy bridal party the whole day, racing the sunset and perfectly posing us. He felt like just another one of our friends the entire day and there weren’t any awkward forced photos... he just let our day happen to capture all the moments! Jason even stopped down to our afterglow just to hang out with us after spending the WHOLE day snapping literally any photo either of us requested! We are soo excited to get our photos back and relive our day!
    12 out of 10, would recommend without hesitation!

Sent on 12/09/2019

Hayley Saltzman · Married on 09/14/2019

Hire him - he is the best!

Hiring Jason is the single best thing you can do for your wedding day. From start to finish, he was ABOVE and beyond incredible.

My husband and I are incredibly picky (as are our families) and we are very demanding. Jason not only met those expectations, but exceeded them in every way. He took incredible photos and turned them around in record time. He arrived earlier than we had asked him to arrive (by 9:30am!) and stayed past midnight. He made sure he was always present whenever we needed or wanted a photo, but he never intruded or got in the way. I don't know how he did it!

He also kept the entire schedule and bridal party on track all day, stepping in as a planner, a friend, a therapist, and literally anything else we needed throughout the day! I cannot say enough positive things about our experience with Jason - he is simply the best of the best in every possible way. THANK YOU JASON!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Emily Head · Married on 08/30/2019

Best decision ever

Seriously, stop looking for your photographer here! Jason is beyond talented . The pictures of our wedding completely exceeded our expectations and we could not be happier! He not only captured the photos we asked for but some of the best candid ones! He was fun yet knew when to take control to keep things moving on time! I honestly could not say a bad thing about our whole experience with Jason! Contact him, it’ll be one of the best decisions you could make for any special occasion!

Sent on 10/10/2019

Jessica · Married on 07/27/2019

If you're contemplating hiring Jason, do it! You won't regret it

Jason is nothing short of incredible. I could not be happier that we choose to use Jason to photograph our engagement session and our wedding. I wish I could give more than 5 stars because I would absolutely give them all. Our entire bridal party and many of our family and guests have commented on how much they loved Jason. He made everyone very comfortable and also added to the fun at our wedding.
    Jason is the kind of vendor that you step back, let him do his work and wait for the incredible results. You do not have to worry about him. He is clearly a professional and it definitely shows in his work. He was also one of the few vendors we used who was always very responsive when we had questions and I never had to wait long to hear back from him. His turn around time on pictures for both our engagement session and our wedding was amazing. We definitely plan to call Jason for all future photography needs. I would recommend Jason to absolutely anyone; words can't describe how great he was.

Sent on 09/04/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Deffner · Married on 07/20/2019

World class wedding photographer!

Jason was amazing to work with and I can honestly say that every single picture he gave us is beautiful! As an individual he was very relaxed yet focused and professional throughout coordination and the day of the wedding.The quality and style of photography was exceptional and felt unique to our location/wedding day. The collection of photography tells a very timeless story without forcing any trendy shots. I liked that the editing wasn't over the top and working with him flowed naturally. Jason never felt in the way but more like a guest at our wedding, and still was able to capture every moment! We look forward to working with with Jason again and have already recommended him to our friends---You wont be disappointed!

Jason is a world class photographer, a fun wedding guest, and a friend for life -- Lauren and David

Sent on 09/04/2019

Caryn Fenske · Married on 07/06/2019

1000x YES to recommending Jason!

Jason is the best of the best when it comes to wedding photography. We booked him immediately since we knew he would book up fast! There was no doubt in my mind we chose the right photographer. It felt like we were working with someone we’ve known forever! and watched him use his creative magic to make us look good (ha!). Jason is professional with a great personality that made everyone feel calm and at ease (especially me!) the day of the wedding. We are so happy with how our photos turned out that everyone who looks at them makes a comment on how good they look! Thank you Jason, for making us look like a million bucks on our wedding day & capturing the best moments!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Katie Andorka · Married on 06/28/2019

All the stars

If I could give more stars I would! Jason is an incredible photographer and I feel so fortunate to have worked with him. I first met Jason when I was a bridesmaid at a friend's wedding in New York. He was extremely professional and made everyone feel at ease. He took charge, but also made shooting wedding photos fun! The pictures turned out to be STUNNING. I never thought I would be able to book him for our wedding in Ohio, but he made it work! Jason is incredibly talented, personable, and dedicated to delivering your dream vision. I will definitely be calling him again for future photography needs.

Sent on 09/19/2019
  • Molly

Molly · Married on 05/25/2019

Best wedding photographer ever!

I cannot recommend Jason enough for all of your photography needs! My husband and I HATE having our pictures taken and he made our engagement shoot + wedding so easy, fun and stress free! I simply can't believe he also travels all over the country to shoot weddings. He shot our wedding in Cleveland, my hometown, and had previously shot back to back weddings in NYC. His busy schedule did not deter him from being so on top of our day and shooting with humor and kindness. We got to be one of the first couples to test out his new photo booth set up and it was worth every penny. Our guests loved it and were forming lines to keep going back and take their pictures. So user friendly even for those who aren't tech savvy. We will definitely be working with Jason again!!!

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 04/27/2019

Look no further for your perfect wedding photographer!

We do not even have the words to express our appreciation for Jason. Literally, look no further for your perfect wedding photographer. His pictures are amazing, but it does not stop there. Jason made it his job to run interference between me and anyone that would stress me out on my wedding day-he had the answer to every question and kept me laughing all day long. We could not be more grateful to have had him to capture every moment of our day.

Sent on 05/23/2019
  • sarah

sarah · Married on 03/30/2019

Best wedding photographer

Do you want the best wedding photographer there is? Then girl, get you Jason. I had a bad experience with our first choice of photographer and by the grace of God, stumbled upon JTC photography. He is so relaxed and professional and really brings the right energy to calm down your nerves so you can marry the love of your life. Oh and then he’s going to take some photos and make you look like a super model. Our entire bridal party (all 18 of them) were amazed by how talented he is. Most of them had been married before and were so so jealous that their wedding photos weren’t done by him. Jason dealt with cold freakin weather, wind, a crazy party bus and campus rules and didn’t even bat an eye. Like I said, if you want the best wedding photos you could ever imagine, get Jason. P.S. my frugal husband raves that this was the best decision we made with our vendors 🙏🏻

Sent on 04/12/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna Carpenter · Married on 02/09/2019

Hire him ASAP - you won't regret it!

Jason is a pro on so many levels.

He took the time to get to know me and my husband ahead of our engagement pictures to ensure he was capturing us in our more natural element; there was nothing posed or forced-feeling about our pictures.

And on our wedding day, he was a gem. My wedding party couldn't stop raving about what an awesome guy Jason was to hang with for the day. For a vendor who's going to be by your side from getting ready through last dance, Jason is the type of person you want to celebrate with!

Sent on 02/28/2019
  • Brandy

Brandy · Married on 02/02/2019

Super chill and highly professional to work with!

We hired Jason for our wedding this year earlier and he was truly amazing to work with! We found him through the knot and Instagram and after a few chats, we knew that he's the one to shoot our wedding. The communication was like a breeze. He understood our needs as a couple and showed us a few options to choose from. The day of the wedding was incredible! He captured all the magical moments and I love the way he conceptualized the entire photo. We were all in the moments and he managed to document everything through his eyes and lenses. Post-editing process was really smooth as well. Usually, I've heard photographers taking months to finish editing the pictures but it takes Jason roughly a month to finish editing everything. All the pictures in the gallery looked absolutely beautiful and we loved it!! Highly recommend Jason if you're looking for a photographer that understands aesthetics, is professional and easy to work with!

Sent on 03/03/2019

Melissa · Married on 12/08/2018

Flexible and extremely responsive

We absolutely LOVED working with Jason. He was very easy to work with, very responsive and extremely accommodating and flexible with our reception. He captured our wonderful day perfectly and when we look back at the pictures it takes us back to those magical moments. Thank you so much Jason!

Sent on 12/16/2018

Rob Mooney · Married on 10/06/2018

Best in the business. A truly exceptional artist

We found Jason through his work on Instagram – his incredible photography has really permeated the wedding space, while still standing out on its own as very unique, beautiful works of art. Thankfully, he was (at the time) a local Cleveland photographer, and accessible for a “meet and greet” about enlisting his services for our big day.

The first time we met Jason, we were immediately comforted by his laid-back attitude and nonchalant-ness, we conversed casually as he got to know us and our style. He showed us some of his work (as if we hadn’t seen plenty online already), and talked to his process and the level of detail he goes into (again, his work speaking for itself). Fortunately for us, he had availability on our date, as he was incredibly busy and booked far in advance. We left the introduction meeting and after a very brief discussion, we knew he was our guy.

Working with Jason for our engagement photos and our wedding was like working with an old friend – he made you feel relaxed while shooting, and took advantage of candid shots to capture some really special moments. Our engagement photos took all day to shoot – we had 3 outfit changes and went to 3 or 4 locations, and Jason was super patient with us the whole day. When we wrapped up, he even treated us to dinner and friendly conversation. What wedding photographer does that!?

The day of the wedding, him and his second shooter did an awesome job managing the bridal party and their stress, and made the most out of the Cleveland weather (80* and sunny to cold and rainy within minutes), and again, took some really great shots when no one noticed. He was fast, but not sloppy, and efficiently captured some amazing shots with little prep time, which was great for our rambunctious group.

Its hard to judge which is more exceptional – Jason as a person or his work. We thoroughly enjoyed working with him, but the time we spend looking at the photos he produced for us is an amazing, emotionally satisfying experience. There are a lot of great wedding photographers out there, no doubt. But a lot of the wedding photography (or just photography in general) looks the same, and has the same stale feeling to it. Jason’s work is the antithesis of that. There’s just something magical about the moments he captures, his creativity really comes through in his work and he’s able to capture emotions that you don’t see in normal photography. Its really hard to describe, actually.

The compliments on our engagement and wedding photos have been unwavering. People are just so in awe by some of the photos that they either assume 1) we are professional models or 2) there was significant setup time to capture such perfect pictures. Neither are true, although the quality of Jason’s work will make you believe you are a professional model.

We do not have the words to describe how happy we are for choosing Jason Crocker for our photos. He is a “one-in-a-lifetime” soul that takes absolute passion in his craft – and it shows. We have been so impressed by his level of creativity and professionalism that we would truly say he is the best in the business. Period.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Anna · Married on 09/01/2018

Jason is the epitome of your dream photographer. I could not have been happier that we chose him as our wedding photographer. We trusted his vision from the beginning with our engagement photos and all the way to our wedding photos. He will be the only photographer we work with for all life's major events. Every step of the way, working with him has been a joy. From booking to final deliverables, he has a knack for easing an anxious bride's nerves and every single person in our wedding party commented on how incredibly comfortable he made everyone all day.

He is both the life of the party and in the more intimate moments, like our first look, completely unnoticeable. When some mishaps happened and our timeline was pushed, Jason hustled so we could get all the photos we wanted without compromising other elements of the day.

Beyond his people skills, he is incredible passionate about creating the best work. Every single photo we have received has felt natural and organic all while being astoundingly beautiful. Rest assured, if you book Jason, he is a vendor that you will NEVER have to worry about and you'll receive the best photos of your life!

Sent on 09/20/2018

cassandra · Married on 07/07/2018

I wish that I could give like a million stars!!! Jason was hands down our favorite and most amazing vendor that we booked for our wedding. Throughout the entire planning process he kept our excitement rolling! He is truly one of the most gifted people and has a talent that is 100% unmatched! There aren't enough adjectives to describe how freaking awesome he was not only on our wedding day, but since the day we met him! Throughout our entire wedding day/night our guests kept coming up to us and telling us how freakin great our photographer was (and we're like duh he's the best!!).

The way Jason captures photos you can tell he loves what he does and his passion just shines. It's like you can feel the emotions of the people he photographs when looking at the pictures and that is something so incredibly rare to find. Jason is not only an amazing photographer, but he is an incredible person. He has a heart of gold and we couldn't be more grateful that he was our photographer to capture our most special day. Jason, THANK YOU so much for being SOOOOO FREAKING PHENOMINAL!!!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Emily · Married on 06/23/2018

The Best Wedding Photographer Hands Down.

If you don’t book Jason as your wedding photographer, you’re making a huge mistake. You. Have. To. Have. Him. Jason was hands down one of the very best wedding planning decisions we made. We fell in love with Jason’s work after seeing a friends wedding pictures and after that, no other photographers could even compare.
    Jason is so easy and fun to work with. We first worked with Jason for our engagement pictures and a year and a half later we’re still drooling over them. On the days leading up to our wedding, Jason was a voice of reason and the man with a plan when we began to worry about potential nasty weather…we were in such good hands with him (and the weather held off!). On the day of the wedding Jason and his second shooter for the day, Tony, were amazing. Jason and Tony so beautifully, artistically, and professionally, captured all the pre ceremony excitement, every tear jerking moment of the ceremony, the crazy festivities in the evening, and every little detail in between. We cannot begin to thank Jason for providing us with hands down the most stunning and unique pictures to help us remember the best day of our lives.
    Since meeting Jason, we brag about him to everyone… those looking for a photographer and even those who aren’t. People are always asking who our photographer was. As soon as you get your heart set on Jason’s work make sure you book him ASAP, you don’t want to miss your chance to have him document such an incredible moment in your life. We are so thankful for Jason and his ridiculous talent of photography and we can’t wait to work with him again! Jason will forever be a part of our wedding memories and we think of him as not only a friend but as a part of our family. We can’t wait to see him at our friend’s upcoming wedding next year!
    Book Jason. End of story.

Sent on 11/09/2018