Jason Burns Photography Reviews

88 | Lake Forest, CA

88 Reviews for Jason Burns Photography

88 Jason Burns Photography Reviews

Carly · Married on 05/05/2018

Jason was absolutely amazing in every way. Our photos are incredible, he was so easy to be around and beyond helpful throughout the whole day. We eloped in Big Sur, so it was only the two of us. Jason and Billy were great in helping us scout photo spots and the ceremony location the day before our ceremony. The day of, they were early (a PLUS), Jason took charge and got the photos he knew we wanted, he helped us move along the timeline to make sure we fit everything in that we wanted to do, and he took the most beautiful photos. We are beyond happy that we chose Jason for our wedding day. He also sent us a sneak peek within a few days and we have gotten our full set of photos back already (only 2 weeks later!). We don't have enough good things to say about Jason. He was relaxed, but professional, easygoing, made us laugh, got all the shots we wanted, and more.

Quality of Service: Jason's photos are second to none. He is a true artist and has an incredible eye for creating stunning photos.

Responsiveness: Jason was always quick to respond to all my texts, emails, and phone calls. He is informative, descriptive, and knowledgeable about his craft.

Professionalism: Jason has that perfect balance between being completely professional and having a relaxing vibe about him. He makes everyone feel completely at ease and is able to capture true emotion in this way.

Value: Jason far exceeded the price we paid. Our experience with him was priceless.

Flexibility: Jason was extremely flexible. We made day of changes to our photo locations and Jason went with it with ease.

He took so many stunning photos, I feel like I haven't done it justice posting only 10 here. Simply put - Don't look any further, you've found the best right here.

Sent on 05/21/2018
    Jason Burns Photography 7
    Jason Burns Photography 8
    Jason Burns Photography 9

Jason Burns Photography's reply:

Carly and Kevin, Thank you so much for this review! Big Sur was amazing with you two, thank you so much for the awesome adventure. Your elopement was beautiful and so much fun, it truly was an unforgettable day.

Dara · Married on 04/06/2018

Jason Burns is truly the most amazing wedding and engagement photographer. Jason is an artist. He has a unique, fantastic style which captures couples in nature, which contrasts significantly with more traditional wedding photography where the background is muted out. He is affable and delightful to work with. Investing in Jason as your photographer is investing in future Art for your walls: Art that is one-of-a-kind and personal. He is transparent in his prices, which is surprisingly rare and awesome. I am so pleased he chose us to work with! Jason Burns is professional, patient, kind and fun to spend time with. I highly recommend him to couples that will appreciate his artistic approach to wedding photography.

Jason Burns Photography 10
    Jason Burns Photography 11
    Jason Burns Photography 12
    Jason Burns Photography 13
    Jason Burns Photography 14
    Jason Burns Photography 15

Jazmin · Married on 02/16/2018

Jason is wonderful to work with!! He's very professional, creative and a master of his craft!! He's very honest, reasonably priced and attentive. He responds quickly and the turnaround time for his photos are quick!!! The photos are absolutely beautiful!! We would highly recommend him for any wedding or major event!!

Sent on 03/11/2018

Jason Burns Photography's reply:

Jazmin! Thank you so much for this wonderful review! I had an amazing time working with you two.

Liz · Married on 11/11/2017

We feel so lucky to have Jason as our photographer for our wedding and engagement photos. After meeting Jason for the first time we knew we wanted to work with him. He's very easy to work with, incredibly talented, and has a great personality. Jason and his team made us feel really comfortable and they went above and beyond in guiding us through the day. For our wedding, he was able to capture all the details, emotions, and events of the day. His work is absolutely amazing and we are so happy with the way our photos came out.

Sent on 11/19/2017

Jason Burns Photography's reply:

Liz!! I had such an amazing time with you and Yes! That wedding was such an amazing celebration and I am so glad I got to be part of it!

April · Married on 08/26/2017

Jason was the most amazing photographer to work with! Our engagement and wedding photos were beyond fabulous, and I would recommend him to anyone!!! He is very professional and so accommodating. I cry every time I look at our wedding photos, because he truly captured every moment. He even does a slide show for you with music. For a couple who decided against a videographer, we were so happy with how he captured our day! Jason is above 5 stars, and you shouldn't look anywhere else for amazing quality photos!
    Here's our slideshow so you can see for yourselves!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Jason Burns Photography's reply:

April! Thank you so much for this review! I had so much fun at photographing your wedding and engagement session, thank you for letting me be part of your's and Franco's amazing day! And that Tango was amazing!

Blake · Married on 07/29/2017

We hired Jason as our wedding photographer and it was one of the best decision we made. Jason was extremely easy to work with and is extremely talented. He made us feel comfortable while taking our engagement photos and everything turned out great. We just got our wedding photographs back and they were amazing. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer. The amount of value Jason provides is amazing. We plan on using him for more events in the future.

Sent on 08/17/2017

Jason Burns Photography's reply:

Blake and Katie! Thank you so much for this amazing review! I had such a great time working with you two!

Katie · Married on 09/16/2016

I attended a wedding a couple years ago that Jason shot and I was so impresssed by their results that when it came time for my wedding he was the first person I thought of. We still did extensive research but ended up going with Jason and I'm so happy we did! He is incredibly responsive, talented, reliable, and so nice! Everyone has been raving about our pictures.

We did the 8 hour package with a second shooter and it was TOTALLY worth every penny. They worked so well together and complimented each other perfectly. Can't say enough great things!!

• I

Inez · Married on 07/30/2016

We truly can’t say enough great things about Jason Burns Wedding Photography! Jason shot our wedding day and he was so fun to work with. Honestly… he was amazing!!! It’s never easy to have a camera following you around, but he made it so easy, and the photos show that. They captured the natural little candid moments throughout the day. I can truly look back at the photos and relive those special memories that happened in those moments, which is something that can’t always be said for wedding photos. I definitely recommend Jason Burns a million times over, and truly wish we could go back and do it again. I haven’t stopped looking at our photos, I absolutely LOVED THEM!!! I’m thrilled that we have such beautiful shots to remember the best weekend of our lives :) I’m so glad we made the right choice in photography and that he was able to share our big day!

Amanda · Married on 06/25/2016

Jason is the best wedding photographer in the business! I was lucky to meet Jason a few years ago as a bridesmaid in my best friend's wedding. I saw the way he made my best friend's day so special and how beautifully he captured it through photos and I KNEW I had to have him part of my Big Day as well. Jason is easy to work with, super responsive and incredibly creative. From our engagement photo session all the way up to our wedding day, he made sure that our photos were unique, special and perfectly "us". Jason also helped take the stress out of the wedding day. He and his assistant Casey orchestrated our family photos like a choreographed dance- it was AMAZING! They made everyone feel so comfortable and kept people where they needed to be in order to stay within the wedding day timeline. His pictures captured every detail of our special day and he went the extra mile to make sure that we got some once in a lifetime shots. To say that Jason and his assistant went the "extra mile" is an understatement- they went the "extra 100 miles" to make our photos perfect. My husband and I love our engagement and wedding photos and can't wait to share them with the rest of our family and friends!

Sent on 08/02/2016

Jason Burns Photography's reply:

Amanda! Thank you so much for the review, We had such a great time with you and Greg!

Christopher & Lauren · Married on 06/12/2016

Let me start by telling you that you would be making a HUGE mistake if you don't use Jason as your photographer for your special occasion! We used him for our engagement shoots (yes we did 2) and our wedding. We cant nearly capture our gratefulness and thankfulness for Jason but we are going to try to in our review.

We chose Jason as he did an amazing job at our brothers wedding. He was never in the way and the photos came out awesome. We got in contact with him on a holiday and he emailed us back 10 minutes later and signed with him the next day.

We did our first engagement shoot in Newport and Jason had clearly done research and planned spots in advance. Jason was really easy going and we both felt really comfortable being ourselves with him and didn't feel "awkward" like some photographers can make you feel. The shoot went great! He put a couple photos up on social media that night and we got our photos about a week to a week and a half later. We loved the photos so much we ended up wanting to do a second engagement shoot at our university we met at as it was special to us.

A few weeks before the wedding Jason gave us a timeline of when he would be shooting each of us and what to have ready when which helped keep us on schedule. Day of the wedding, Jason showed up early and checked out the venue. During the ceremony, we never really saw Jason and he was really respectful of the guests during the ceremony (wasn't a distraction). Took great care of us and made sure to get all the photos we wanted. Jason has a really great eye for spots we would have never thought of! He also stuck around until the end!

Took 2 weeks to get our photos after the wedding. He even sent us a little gift box after with prints from our wedding and a flash drive with all our photos. He is one of the best photographers in the OC! We can not thank him enough for all of his hard work and care to make our day so special and memorable! Will be using him again in the future!

Breanna · Married on 03/26/2016

Jason photographed my cousin's wedding a few years ago and I knew that when it came time for my own wedding I wanted him to be our photographer too. He came highly recommended by my cousin, and I would recommend his services in a heartbeat as well. One of the things I was personally worried about with getting married was being photographed. As just an average everyday person I don't have much experience being professionally photographed but Jason made me feel so comfortable and at ease both during our engagement shoot and at our wedding. He is so friendly and calming and an absolute pleasure to work with. Correspondence was always quick and extremely professional.

As for the photos: If you look at Jason's blog and social media accounts I truly think his work speaks for itself but I will still say it - we just received our photos back from our wedding and they are absolutely stunning. Our engagement photos were equally as lovely and gave us a great opportunity to get to know Jason and feel comfortable before the wedding day. Like I said above, we are just average everyday people but when I look at our photos I honestly feel as if we could be in a wedding magazine. Before our wedding I looked at a lot of photos of other weddings that took place at our venue but one thing I love about our photos is that they are extremely unique in comparison. Jason has such a creative eye and vision and as a result our photos are truly one of a kind. Jason has such talent to be able to see what will produce the best outcome based on the lighting/conditions of the day. Our wedding took place during the day on a very warm day but I was never squinting etc.

Family and friends kept raving to me after about his professionalism and how beautiful the photos are. To other couples who are thinking of hiring Jason for their special day - my advice is do not even think twice and just do it. We are so incredibly happy with our entire experience of working with Jason.

Sent on 04/13/2016

Jason Burns Photography's reply:

Beanna and Todd!! Thank you so much for this wonderful review! I'm so happy I got to work with you two and get to know you. Thank you so much!

Korin · Married on 03/20/2016

Jason was so amazing and professional from start to finish. You are definitely getting a quality photographer for a great price. Planning a wedding is very hectic so anything that can go smoothly is awesome. Jason was definitely one of those smooth transitions. He made everything painless and works with you to create your special day. We will definitely be using him in the future for family photos as well. I highly recommend him for any event.

Sent on 04/12/2016

Jason Burns Photography's reply:

Korin and Richard, Thank you so much for taking time to review me! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!

Rebecca · Married on 02/26/2016

I would give 500 stars if possible.. AMAZING doesn't even begin to describe our photographs and whole experience with Jason!!! He is an unbelievably talented photographer! After our quick initial meeting, we first met him in Palm Springs for our engagement session. Palm Springs is kind of a special place for us so we were grateful that he would drive all the way out there to do it. He got some incredible shots with the windmills and all of these cool textured backgrounds which I love. After receiving these we knew we made the right choice.

Then came the wedding... from the moment Jason got there him and his team were going above and beyond. In addition to being there to photograph getting ready Jason was also extremely helpful with little things like how to button something correctly. I was so appreciative. I imagine since he's done so many weddings he's got this stuff down.. All day Jason and his team captured what they needed to, but you barely realized they were even there. He knew just where to go for the best light and creative angles we just trusted and followed. Our photos came out INCREDIBLE!!! They are all so gorgeous!! I have had complete strangers, who somehow saw a shared photo.. or people I work with but never spoke to who saw the photo that they sent out, seek me out to and tell me how beautiful our pictures are. There are always two words that every single person has said.. beautiful and stunning. Words honestly cannot even describe how incredible they are. Our families have just been blown away. We can't pick favorites to print because there are just too many great ones!!! Jason is worth about 100x more than what he charges. I have been recommending him to everyone I know who's getting married.. and even strangers! Not only are people commenting on how talented Jason is, but also how nice he is. He is super nice and friendly! We cannot recommend Jason enough. Jason, thank you so so very much for everything. Our photos are absolutely perfect!

Sent on 04/04/2016

Jason Burns Photography's reply:

Becca!!! Thank you so much for amazing review! I can't tell you how much hearing that means to me and how much it brightens my day. I'm so thrilled that you loved the images! It was wonderful working with you and David. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review for me. You two are amazing!

Jenn · Married on 12/20/2015

Jason is absolutely amazing!! He exceeded our expectations and does not disappoint. His work is beautiful and I knew we had to have him as our photographer after seeing his blog. Jason is so nice and easy to get along with. If you're not used to taking professional pictures, it can feel a bit awkward, but during our engagement session Jason put us at ease and gave us tips on how to pose, which made it even easier as the day went on. We had our engagement session in Lake Arrowhead and our wedding had a winter theme and he even helped us look for pinecones! Jason is relaxed and sweet, and also very professional. His response time is unbelievable. We would call or email him and hear back from him almost within the hour or by the end of the day. On our wedding day, Jason and his assistant were early. Jason is very attentive and notices the smallest details. He helped my husband pin his boutonniere correctly and would let me know when my hair was out of place during pictures. My friends and family also commented on how nice he was and how he made the pictures a breeze. When we booked our wedding venue, I was worried about pictures because the venue didn't offer the most scenic views, but we were blown away by Jason's pictures. He can make anything and anywhere look breathtaking, he is so talented. We have received so many compliments on our engagement and wedding pictures. We're so happy we chose him as our photographer and would choose him again. We're so grateful we have these pictures to look at to remember our special day. We hope we can work with Jason again in the future. To make a long review short, choose Jason. :)
    - Jenn & Justin Calhoun

Sent on 04/27/2016

Jason Burns Photography's reply:

Jennifer and Justin! I can't tell you how much fun I had with you two! Thank you so much for this wonderful review you let me!

Jason Burns and staff at jasonburnsphotography.com provided exceptional service for our November 2015 wedding in Temecula, CA. We met Jason a year ago when he visited us in San Francisco for our engagement shoot. We immediately felt comfortable with Jason - on and off the camera. My wife and I were so impressed with his level of professionalism - incredibly courteous, knowledgable, and down to earth. He takes the time to get to know you as a couple. The result was a depiction of my wife and I at our best (we also love to dance and were so impressed at how well these action photos turned out!)

We asked for Jason to recommend a videographer and couldn’t have been happier - they had a great synergy, neither got in each other's way and that was apparent from both the quality of our pictures and videos. The extra photographer Jennifer Korbin was equally kind, professional, and helpful during the wedding. Throughout the night Jason, the extra photographer and videographer were a professional, coordinated team.

Also, Jason took the time to make sure we got the package that met all our needs (we got the engagement album, wedding album, digital archive, and extra photographer), and delivered us our albums and assets before Christmas and the New Years - which, our family really got a kick out of over the holidays.

Lastly, Jason is really humble and isn’t one to talk up his past experience as an artist in the entertainment industry, but this artistry really shines through. Over the course of our wedding night, Jason captured so many little moments - things that may seem common for a wedding but through his creative lens seemed to come alive. These moments he captured with his artistry are the intangibles that distinguish Jason and his team and that money simply cannot buy.

We weren't provided any discount for this review, we honestly were just so happy with the value and result of our photos that we can't recommend Jason and his production team enough.

Sent on 07/06/2016

Jason Burns Photography's reply:

You guys are awesome! Thank you for this amazing review!

Rich and Erma · Married on 11/15/2015

Jason was AMAZING for us. We would certainly recommend him to our friends.
    -On a day that happens only once, he was the right choice. Recommended to us by friends we trust, from their wedding.
    -Very easy going and easy to work with. Always on time. Flexible for our needs, including travel.
    -Professional but relaxed, which helped us stay relaxed about both our choice in him and during photos.
    -Great eye for a photo opportunities. Excellent touch up on final product delivered.
    -Fast turnaround (2 weeks) for engagement and wedding photos, in a very nice delivery package (physically). Large amount of photos provided on the USB drive.
    *** Bottom line: With Jason, we had a great service and on the big day, laden with nervous energy, we had absolutely nothing to worry about, thanks to our great photographer and his capable assistant. ***

Sent on 04/23/2016

Jason Burns Photography's reply:

Erma and Rich! You two had such a beautiful wedding day! I still remember those clouds that mad the perfect backdrop for your day! Thank you so much for the review. I had an amazing time working with you two!

Denisse · Married on 10/09/2015

Jason is absolutely amazing! He photographed our engagement pictures and wedding in March and we are beyond satisfied. He was very professional throughout the entire process and was flexible with meeting times/location. He arrived at the venue on time (actually early) and didn't waste any time. I liked that he was very fast and got as many shots in as he could in our limited time (I booked for 4 hours). He is also very easy going and made my wedding party and I feel comfortable when being photographed. I would highly recommend him. Thank you Jason!

Sent on 04/21/2016

Jason Burns Photography's reply:

Denisse! Thank you for taking the time to write this review! I loved working with you and two!

Amy · Married on 10/04/2015

Jason and his team were AMAZING to work with and the finished photos were just spectacular!

Sent on 04/11/2016

Jason Burns Photography's reply:

You two are amazing! Thank you so much for taking the time to review me, it means a lot!

Caitlin · Married on 08/15/2015

Our day would not have been the same without Jason. He was absolutely incredible and everyone who saw our wedding photos comments on how unbelievably stunning they are. He is more than just a photographer, he is an artist. Some of our photos are so beautifully set that I would hang them on our wall even if we weren't in them! He got shots of everything but my family kept commenting on how he was invisible- everywhere he needed to be in that moment, but never in the way. We have shot with Jason several times now and we absolutely love him as a photographer and a person. To me, personality is very important because you want to be comfortable with the person taking pictures of you otherwise you will feel and look tense. Jason is so kind and thoughtful and unbelievably talented. He can't be beat- you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 04/13/2016

Jason Burns Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Caitlin! It was such an honor to photograph that amazing wedding of yours and Mark's. Thank you for taking the time to review me and for the kind words. I will always have such wonderful memories of you two. You two are awesome! Thank you again for everything!

Jason has an amazing eye for beautiful shots. The picture he took of the engagement ring and the 2 wedding rings was so clever and artfully done. He is very easy to work with and I felt instantly comfortable during the shoots. I feel a little guilty that I had such a quality photographer at the price he gave us. Everything from the engagement photos, to his timeline suggestion (after I had asked him for one) for the wedding, to the actual event, he was very organized, punctual, professional and kind. He even pinned my husband's boutonniere on! My wedding was better in every way because of Jason and his team.

Nikolynn · Married on 04/25/2015

Jason is absolutely the best. He is courteous, professional, an absolute pleasure to work with. Everything he does has extreme detail and he works so diligently. There is no waiting weeks on end to get photos or pretty much anything you've ordered. He supassed all our expectations! We couldn't have asked for a better photographer to capture our special day.

Sent on 06/08/2015

Jason Burns Photography's reply:

Nikolynn! Thank you so much for writing this review for me! It was wonderful working with you and Darrick and all your friends and family. Thank you again for taking the time to do this, it means a lot to me.

Brenda · Married on 04/11/2015

Jason is an amazing photographer. We loved our engagement and wedding pictures. Jason is very professional and replies to emails quickly. I was happy that I went with Jason for my wedding photagraphy and highly recommend him. Jason is the best!

jennifer · Married on 04/04/2015

Jason takes BEAUTIFUL pictures. He is very professional and im so Happy with the outcome of my engagement and wedding pictures. I have never been more satisfied with any work. He is amazing!! Highly recommend his services.

Samantha · Married on 12/13/2014

I am beyond thankful that we found Jason for our wedding photographer... A friend of ours had been following him on Facebook for over a year when she found out that I was on the hunt for a photographer, she recommended him to us by saying "All of the pictures are absolutely stunning, his creative eye is just remarkable!"

He was the first and only photographer I had ever met with because I was just in love with his work after checking him out online on several sites and then meeting with him in person. Jason is the sweetest guy and its obvious he loves what he does because every wedding just has its own uniqueness about it... always different poses & creative shots that make you wonder how he even caught that or thought hey that would make a beautiful photo... His talent will amaze you!!

What I loved most about his packages, is that he offers an engagement session before the wedding so he can get to know the couples he works with better and just make everyone feel much more comfortable come the big day. Our engagement photos were so much fun and absolutely gorgeous. I feel lucky to have photos from two different sessions with Jason, I treasure both so much!!!

You can depend on Jason 110% to be everything you hoped for in your wedding photographer. We had a little hiccup in the schedule on the day of our wedding, making us feel a bit rushed to beat the sunset but Jason was so on top of it. He captured everything I wanted and more... My wedding photos are breathtakingly beautiful!! Thank you so much Jason for being the best photographer a bride could have ever asked for... you are one of a kind and I wish you so much success in the future!!! Love, Mrs. Chavez

I had the pleasure of having Jason Burns photography capture my wedding day and engagement photos. I loved how he helped make our creative ideas come to life! He was so easy to work with and getting my husband to loosen up for photos was a accomplishment in itself! I would highly recommend Jason to anyone looking for a photographer to capture their special moments.