Jashim Jalal Studios Reviews

28 Reviews for Jashim Jalal Studios

• Shashin

Shashin Khanna · Married on 08/24/2019

The Best!!!!!!

I first heard of Jashim by seeing some of his work on social media from different friend's weddings. I was always impressed with his angles, shots and professional yet pleasantly unique looking photos. He brought nothing short of his A game to our wedding weekend in Maryland. From the mehndi at the house to the baraat on the terrace to the wedding and reception at the hotel, Jashim worked tirelessly to get so many good shots!

We have only seen a sneak peek released so far but if the full gallery looks anything like this, we are going to be ecstatic with the outcome.

I would recommend Jashim to anyone who wants a modern and professional photographer that will understand your taste and make your photos come to life.

I look forward to working with him on future events!

Sent on 09/17/2019

Sneha Buonanno · Married on 10/07/2017

amazing amazing amazing!

Jashim was absolutely wonderful from our initial meeting all the way through until after our wedding. He was thoughtful, amazingly organized, friendly, and captured every single detail possible. He was so easy to work with and we are lucky to have found him!! We have already referred so many of our friends to work with Jashim because he truly was wonderful to work with. We are beyond happy with our engagement and wedding photos and love following Jashim's work on instagram :) THANK YOU!

Sent on 04/10/2019
  • Avanti

Avanti · Married on 09/30/2017

Book him now!

Jashim has been hands down the best vendor we booked for our wedding. He has an eye for composing shots that is very unique, so the photos we ended up with are truly amazing. Jashim and his team covered the entire spectrum including candids, posed shots, detail shots, family photos, group shots before and after events. He and his team had exceptional attention to detail and made it their priority to ensure that all near and dear ones are in our photos and felt comfortable. Even in potentially stressful moments he effortlessly took us aside to try out some new angles and shots. We can genuinely say that we came out of the process with some wonderful photos and a good friend.

There were several occasions where they went above and beyond to adjust and stick to the demanding schedule of an Indian wedding. We hired him for our Engagement shoot, Sangeet, Wedding Ceremony and Reception - and each and every event was handled with utmost care and professionalism. All our photos were also delivered on time. We’re thrilled with them and cannot recommend him enough!

Sent on 11/23/2018

Bushra · Married on 07/15/2017

Hiring Jashim was the best choice I made. He is very talented, is very inspired. As it was very difficult to deal with a lot at my wedding, he managed to get great pictures, and was very focused. Definitely looking forward to book Jashim for my next event :)

Sent on 11/25/2016

Betsy · Married on 05/27/2017

Jashim was a pleasure to work with from the moment we met him! My husband and I got married in May and we booked Jashim last summer. He was recommended to us by a friend. It was one of the best decisions I made. He was so helpful, professional, accommodating, and friendly! On the day of our wedding, Jashim and his team did a great job working around our hectic schedule and was able to provide wonderful results. Our wedding pictures are amazing! I can't thank him enough for the phenomenal job he did.
    Look no further because Jashim is the photographer for you!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Kanika · Married on 04/16/2017

Absolutely amazing!
    I didn't even know he was there taking pictures of me!!! He is so subtle and professional! Outstanding work and nothing tacky!
    This guy is going to be my family photographer! His work is just so much better than his competitors! Very professional service!

Sent on 05/02/2017

apoorva · Married on 10/22/2016

When my husband first told me that jashim is going to be our wedding photographer and shared me his instagram page, i was like woaahhh looking at his work! he did an amazing job on our wedding day, he captured every single special moment!! I'm in love with every single picture! highly professional and very friendly! It was a rainy and a windy day and we had our photo shoot outside, but jashim made sure that my makeup and hair is on point by offering me umbrella and his jacket! He really takes care of his clients and gives his 100%, I would highly recommend him to others.

James and Apoorva.

Sent on 08/12/2017

Neelam · Married on 05/07/2016

Best Decision Ever!

Where to start with Jashim? From our initial meeting w/ Jashim, we knew he was the right fit for us and our wedding. Jashim was extremely personable (got to us and our families), has a great vision, and is extremely accommodating! Our engagement shoot was rained on 3 times and Jashim did not hesitate to reschedule all three times! He made sure my vision came to life, and I could not be happier with how my photos throughout my wedding week turned out.

He's great with big families and multiple directions (at the same time!), makes sure he captures all things important to the couple (and then some), and best of all captured candid moments of our guests throughout all the events!

Best decision ever!!

Sent on 04/03/2019

Davmek · Married on 11/07/2015

Highly recommend. Jashim did a wonderful job photographing our wedding. We loved his artistic style and his ability to make us and our guests feel comfortable in front of the camera. Jashim is very professional and responsive. We would definitely hire Jashim again for future events.

Sent on 01/12/2016

Genesis · Married on 10/31/2015

Jashim was amazing!!! Every step of way. If I ever got married again he would be my photographer

Sent on 12/17/2016

My husband and I worked with Jashim and his wonderful team for our East Coast wedding reception. In the era of modern technology, most of the communications we had were via email or Skype since we were planning cross-country. However, Jashim made everything so easy for us. I would say this was one of the most effortless parts of our reception, knowing that Jashim would deliver his quality images. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer in the NY area (or beyond). He and his team are professional, flexible, and an effortless component of your special day (or days!).

Sent on 08/21/2015

Rania · Married on 08/03/2014

I loved working with Jashim. He is very pleasant and easy to work with. I had planned my wedding according to when he was available. I was recommended by a friend and I am so happy with the outcome of pictures I have. I had used Jashim for my engagement party and once I got my pictures I knew that I had already had my wedding photographer. His style is great and he makes you feel comfortable. Anyone who is looking for a great photographer should definitely contact him.

Sent on 01/12/2015

Hey Rania!

Thank you so much for this pleasant review! It was so much fun working with you and Rashad. Say hi to your family for me! :)

Jashim

Thanks to Facebook I was able to find Jashim! I started to see all of these fabulous engagement/wedding photos on my newsfeed and I was so impressed. I was so intrigued with his work that I knew I would book him, even before our consultation. During our consultation, I just smiled and listened quietly as he explained all the details. It really didn't matter what he said, because his work spoke for itself! It is also great that on his website the pricing is available. Although it might be a bit of a stretch for some, it really is worth every dollar. Brides usually look at the sticker price, and don't realize the time and effort that quality photographers put into their finished photos. Trust me, if you need to save money, cut it from the invites or the favors or something else. The money you spend for your wedding photos are a true investment. It will be the only lasting memory of your special day! I have heard so many stories of brides saving $ on photos, only to be very upset later. Not to be a snob, but I've compared my photos to other brides that have gotten married this year, and there is no comparison. Mine are beautiful, bright, artistic, classic... just perfection. Rest assured, Jashim will always go above and beyond to get a perfect shot. It was really great to work with a young, ambitious professional. During our meet and greet, he also told me a little about his own personal journey to becoming a photographer. His passion for photography really reflects in the quality of his work. He always responds to your concerns in a timely fashion. He listens to your requests, but also gently guides you in the right direction. I had to cancel my Engagement session and he was totally accommodating and understanding. After the wedding is over, he makes it super easy to review your shots, create an album, and guides you through the process. My finished album is clean and classic! Everything I dreamed of!

~Farnaaz :)

Sent on 12/17/2014

Jashim Jalal Studios's reply:

Wow! Farnaaz! I really appreciate this! Hope the sunshine state is treating you both well!

Trisha · Married on 05/04/2014

Jashim is an outstanding photographer that I would recommend without hesitation. He was able to accommodate a few changes we needed throughout the process and was so understanding. He took the time to get to know us as a couple. We were both a little uncomfortable in front of the camera but Jashim and his team made us feel at ease. His contract process is straight forward and we never had any issues with communication. So far, Jashim and his team have captured the most amazing memories at 4 weddings of friends. That is the type of service he provides, everyone ends up wanting him for their event once they see him in action. Most importantly, he takes the most insanely beautiful pictures you've ever seen. He finds beauty in the most unique ways and is a truly talented individual.

Sent on 12/16/2016

Jashim was an amazing photographer, in terms of professional service and personal guidance. He really loves what he does and took the time see his vision as well as my own. He encourages feedback which is awesome and not only captures your special day but helps in any way possible through the process. I had multiple hurdles during my wedding and Jashim was right there to help me and to make sure I wasn't stressed and just focused on my day. He is great and I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 04/15/2014

cindu · Married on 03/01/2014

Jashim's photography skills speak for itself, his pictures are great and he knows how to get you to relax and forget that pictures are being taken. He may seem young but he is skilled beyond his years. His talent will definitely take him far

Sent on 04/01/2014

Thank you Cindu! Hope you and Michael are well! - Jashim

Sadaf · Married on 09/27/2013

Where do I start with reviewing Jashims work?! His talent for photography is beyond what one could ask for a wedding photographer.

Though he is based in NY and my wedding was being held in Boston, it was still very easy working with him. Even before I signed the contract with Jashim, we exchanged four/ five emails and made me feel comfortable about hiring him as my wedding photographer. Throughout the entire planning process, Jashim was a great help and very easy to get a hold of. He was always willing to answer my questions and help give input on how to prepare for the wedding pictures.

Jashim and his assistant were such a pleasure to work with during both wedding days. They were extremely helpful and patient with the entire bridal party. One of the most helpful parts of working them was how helpful and talented they were in helping us set up the poses for the pictures. Jashims eye for seeing and setting up pictures is beyond belief. On top of everything, Jashim and his assistant are both extremely professional, easy going and fun to work with. And even during times of the event when Jashim could see I was feeling stressed out he was quick to help ease my tension.

But the real magic happened when I got the pictures. The quality of the pictures was BYOND BELIEF. Some how he was able to catch every detail of the wedding that I could have possibly wanted. He captured all the details of the room, the food and the people. The first time I looked at the baratt pictures I teared up, the true emotion of both of the days was captured so well. And all of the poses that I requested to have (examples that I had pulled from Pinterest or other weddings from his website) been captured exactly how I expected.

I know this is a long review, but I still do not feel I can write down in words how pleased I am with my wedding pictures. Jashim truly has a natural talent for taking great pictures.

I highly highly recommend Jashim Jalal Photography.

Sent on 11/25/2013

Jashim Jalal Studios's reply:

Aww Sadaf. You're the best. It was such a pleasure working with you and Omar!

Mouazam · Married on 08/17/2013

My wife and I had the privilege of having Jashim Jalal as our wedding photographer in August this year.

The short version: I am a photography lover and a wedding photographer myself, so hopefully that adds some credibility to my review. Everything from his service to personality to photography was spot on. We had a great time with him and loved each and every one of the photos he provided us with. IF HE IS AVAILABLE BOOK HIM ASAP. Trust me, you will be thankful you did.

Here is how to get good photos of you and your significant other with Jashim:
    1) show up
    2) trust him

That's it!

**For a more detailed review, see my review on yelp since this place limits the characters. **

OVERALL: We couldn't have picked anyone better, and he really was the perfect photographer for us. Expectations were exceeded!

Everything from our wedding is gone and what's left is just his photos, and let me tell you those photos let us relive our wedding once again. Thanks Jashim!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Jashim Jalal Studios's reply:

Mouazam, this means a lot coming from a fellow photographer. It was truly an honor to be your wedding photographer! Hope all is well pal!
  • U

Umber · Married on 06/15/2013

After searching far and wide for a photographer for our Massachusetts wedding in June of 2013, I came across Jashim's website randomly. I can't say what exactly convinced me to call him (his great sample photos or maybe his personable "About Me" blurb) but I am so glad I did! I only needed to speak to him once to know I had made the right decision. Jashim was not only very friendly but also much interested in the vision for our 3-day wedding. He also took the time to set up multiple Skype dates with my husband and I so that he could get to know his interests as well! Other photographers we spoke to were quick to sell themselves and even quicker to mention the prices of their packages. Jashim was genuinely interested in what we were looking for from a photographer and what we hoped to take away from the experience. He was very accommodating (price-wise) and was honest on what he would bring to the table the day of.

On the wedding day itself, he did an AMAZING job getting to know my family members and capturing the perfect moments within every event. Him and his team provided many suggestions (and assistance!) to help ensure the day went smoothly, something I was very grateful for. His ability to connect with the couple (and even my 10 bridesmaids!) definitely made for a more entertaining and meaningful experience. I can say hands down, the best decision my husband and I made while planning was hiring Jashim as our wedding photographer. Our pictures and album are absolutely flawless! We have had SO many people from all over Massachusetts ask who our photographer was (and have gladly told them!). I'm sure you won't be disappointed either!

Sent on 06/02/2014

Jashim Jalal Studios's reply:

This means a lot to me Umber. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

Jashim is amazing!!! I can't tell you how easy going and professional he is. I was searching for someone who was had photo-journalistic appeal with some creative style to their work, and Jashim fit the bill, and then some. It definitely didn't hurt to know that no matter what the weather conditions were going to be (january bride), I knew Jashim would have things under control and still get some creative photos for us. He truly cares for his craft and his couples, and got that from spending a day with him! I would highly highly recommend Jashim for your wedding!

Sent on 01/15/2014

Jashim was a pleasure to work with, before, during and after the wedding. He was great at responding to all of our questions speedily, and at the actual weddings he took beautiful pictures and made sure everyone felt comfortable. My husband and I are very happy that we chose to work with him, and would recommend his services to anyone.

Sent on 11/05/2012

Jessica · Married on 07/07/2012

We struck wedding-photographer-gold with Jashim, no question! Super talented, has a great eye for interesting, creative (but not overly artsy) shots. Our wedding pictures are fantastic! A combo of non-cheesy poses, fun candids + simple décor shots.
    With the posed shots, it took a while to trust Jash’s directions (2 one-hour pre-wedding sessions actually!). Poses felt awkward. But he knows what he’s doing; the pictures came back looking natural. Without those sessions to allow us to get used to the camera, the wedding day would’ve been a lot less comfortable.
    The day-of, Jashim arrived + went straight to work. Other than the few times he purposely pulled us aside to get specific shots, he went unnoticed. We went about our evening; he captured it all without getting in the way.
    His turnaround is fast. He had a few teaser pictures on his blog within 2 weeks, the balance online 2 weeks later. His prices are very fair + competitive. He made himself available, easily reachable to answer questions, bounce ideas off of, etc… Didn’t show any impatience/frustration (even though I was a very needy bride!).
    Having first obsessed over Jash’s blog and now our pictures, I can tell that in addition to his style and to some degree his personality, he also reflects the couple’s personality in each pic very well. He doesn’t take cookie-cutter pictures, and while there is definitely a common Jashim thread, they are all very different from each other. I know ours represent us and our wedding perfectly.
    The one thing I would maybe complain about now (if this even is a complaint) is that the pictures are so great, I can’t get enough of them and I want more, more, more!!!
    Couldn’t be happier with Jashim. We had high expectations; with no videographer, it was crucial that the photos come back PERFECT! He didn’t just meet them; he exceeded them by far. Will be recommending him for years!
    Bottom line, if he’s available on your wedding day, you would be a fool not to hire him!

Sent on 08/17/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 05/12/2012

Jashim is all around terrific and is on track to be a best-in-class photog. From the engagement shoot to the wedding day, he was professional, responsive and creative; the shoots resulted in shots that were candid yet clearly professionally done. He also has a flair for dramatic and glamourous shots, some of which turned out to be my favorite. He did suggest a few poses that felt awkward but was open to our feedback and never pushy. I would suggest reviewing "must have" shots with him, just to ensure you have everything you want, and then trusting him to capture them. I recommend him for weddings and will definitely seek him out for any other "big" occasion.

Sent on 06/20/2012

Denali · Married on 07/09/2011

Jashim Jalal is a delight to work with and his photos are beautiful. As a couple who didn't feel comfortable in front of a camera, we were anxious about finding the right photographer and Jashim was it. His creative vision allowed us to get beautiful pictures with a minimum number of posed shots. Not only did we get great wedding pictures but also some really lovely engagement shots (Jashim even shot in the rain!).

Jashim had the quickest turnarounds on getting us our pictures of any wedding I know of and he uses Pictage, which makes viewing and ordering prints easy.

Jashim is a rising star so get to him while you can!

Sent on 08/02/2011

Bhakti · Married on 05/29/2017

Jashim was the best! We were so grateful for the way he made us feel comfortable during our engagement shoot...our photos are amazing! His creativity , especially with involving my husband's motorcycle as a prop ..was spot on and the bike photos are some of our favs! On D-Day, we have no idea how and when he took some of the shots he delivered! Thanks Jash, for your flexibility, your talent, and your friendship!

Sent on 08/18/2017