Janis Nowlan Band Reviews

238 | Philadelphia, PA

238 Reviews for Janis Nowlan Band

Hands down the BEST wedding band in the area! We were fortunate enough to see Janis Nowlan and the band live at a friend's wedding and when my husband and I got engaged, there was no question about who we were going to call first. Janis works with you directly and is the epitome of professional. She also is genuinely excited about making your wedding day special and getting your guests on the dance floor. We worked together to plan the day-of-schedule, so it was tailored to our needs and wants (like getting people dancing right away, when to do the special dances, speeches, cake cutting, etc). She and the band also learned some special song requests we had and did a dance-off, which our guests loved. So many guests commented on how great the band was and that it was the BEST that they have ever heard. I may be bias but I agree!!! Thank you Janis, Rick, & band!!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Lucy · Married on 09/25/2016

We had the pleasure of having the incredible Janis nowlan band perform at our wedding on 9/25/16. After an initial phone call with Janis, we attended their showcase. They were the only band we went to see, by far the best out of all the weddings either of us have been to... so right then and there we cancelled our plans to see other bands, they were that amazing! When it comes to planning, Janis is so organized and on top of your wedding schedule, and she is so warm and cheerful on the phone it was always a pleasure to hear from her throughout the wedding planning process. We had so much fun choosing the songs we wanted for our setlist and narrowing the songs down was so hard because they have an incredible range. They even agreed to learn my husbands favorite song which is an obscure Grateful Dead song called Peggy-O... the guitarist/singer knocked it out of the park ! We had them for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. They did an amazing job with our introductions and hora and kept everyone dancing all night, even my mother who I have never seen dance before. Our guests were literally looking at each other in amazement at how good the band was, and so many people commented that their songs sounded just like the originals. When they called the last song we couldn't believe it was already over, and now we wish we could have another party so we can bring Janis and her band back! We had an outdoor wedding at the waterworks which is a public space, we found out later that when they heard the music, passerbys stopped to dance in the street for hours! Do not hesitate to book the Janis Nowlan band, your guests will be so impressed when they walk in and see the 13 piece band on stage... then after the party they won't stop raving after they've heard the BEST!!!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Lane · Married on 09/24/2016

One of the best decisions of our September 24, 2016 wedding was having The Janis Nolan Band. We are now about a month out and have had time to reflect on our perfect day and hear guests feedback, and every single person I talk to has said what an incredible band we had. We are going through a time where we are back-to-back weekends with weddings, so we notice details about other weddings. They played the entire time, including when people were eating, and also did not take a break. I have noticed that this is rare in the wedding band industry and so important to keep the party going!! Their music appeals to old and young alike, they are lively and entertaining, and they helped to ensure the most important day of our lives was seamless. If I could do it all over again, without a doubt I would book Janis and her team.

Sent on 10/18/2016

When looking for a wedding band, one of my criteria was that I wanted guests dancing so much that the guys were splitting their pants. Janis Nowlan band went one step further! I thought everyone was going to fall through the floor! So many people dancing! They know the exact mixture of art and science to getting EVERYONE out on the dance floor and keeping them there, having a good time. They played for 4-5 hours straight. No band breaks! Granted it was my wedding but I have never had so much fun in my life and I even got to sing a song with the band to my bride. It is almost a month later and the wedding is all friends and family are talking about. Kudos to Janis and her band. They are amazing!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Stacy · Married on 09/03/2016

My husband and I are so glad we chose to have Janis and her band celebrate with us on our very special day. They are a group of vibrant and talented people that had all of our guests in awe. The dance floor was full throughout the whole night. Our friends and family cannot stop talking about how amazing the band was and how sore they were the next day! Bandleader Janis was such a delight to work with. She was so very professional and organized, and did not hesitate to give us feedback/recommendations that we as a couple greatly appreciated. Janis and her band truly are the best and no one can compare. Thank you for making our day extra special and memorable!!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Karen · Married on 08/13/2016

When my daughter and son in law were planning their wedding, they wanted to be sure to have a fantastic band. They are from out of town, so I went to preview the Janis Nowlan Band at one of their showcases. They blew me away! Fast forward to the wedding a week ago-- they were AMAZING! Not only did they provide beautiful prelude, ceremony and cocktail hour music, but the dance floor was packed from start to finish! They kept the party moving and we had so much fun that we didn't want the night to end. So many of our guests have commented that they are the best wedding band ever, and we agree! Janis was wonderful to work with and she and the band learned two very important songs for us (father of the bride dance and sentimental dance for bride) and performed them beautifully. Don't hesitate--hire them, you'll be glad you did!

Sent on 08/21/2016

Joe · Married on 07/29/2016

We had the honor of having the Band preform at our wedding on 7/29. They made the day so enjoyable and we really didn't worry about anything. Janis was so accommodating to what we wanted to hear and also let my sister preform a song she wrote for our wedding song. She is a class act and a pleasure to work with. I strongly recommend her and her band to everyone. They play everything. And are such great performers.

Sent on 10/30/2016

Tory · Married on 06/17/2016

When my husband and I started planning our wedding we agreed that there were three main things that make a wedding great: good food, free alcohol and great music. To say that the Janis Nowlan Band was great is a major understatement. These guys were phenomenal from day one. Janis is thorough and gets to know the bride and the groom and is sure to make everything unique and special for the big day. She made sure of every detail.
    At the wedding, everything was just how we imagined it. They played for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. At the reception our guests (grandparent included) were on the dance floor from start to finish. Throughout the night I had guests asking about the band so they could recommend them to other couples. We are so pleased with their performance. I would recommend the Janis Nowlan Band to any Bride and Groom who are looking to dance the night away!

Sent on 08/24/2016

Jackie · Married on 06/04/2016

We don't even know where to begin to express our gratitude to Janis and her Band for the wonderful performance they put on at our daughter and son in laws wedding.
    Our guests are still raving about it. The dance floor was packed non stop from the start of the reception to the end. We knew the first time we heard the Janis Nowlan Band we had to have them at our wedding and we now know we picked the BEST band around.
    The energy in the room that night was phenomenal and we owe it all to them. Alyssa and Tom had the times of their lives as did all of us.
    Janis and her band were terrific to work with during our whole planning process and we will highly recommend the Janis Nowlan Band to anyone and hope to see them again. If I had 10 thumbs they would all be up right now.
    Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
    Jackie & Jeff Koscelansky

Sent on 07/26/2016

Alyssa · Married on 06/04/2016

Janis Nowlan and her band are truly the best of the best!!! Janis Nowlan Band was the 1st band I went to see at a showcase during my wedding planning process and the only band I saw. After the first time meeting Janis and her band and hearing them perform, I knew this was the band I wanted to play at my wedding and I booked them the next morning after the showcase! Janis is WONDERFUL to work with and makes sure to take care of all requests as best as she can. I even asked if her band knew how to play the new Justin Timberlake song a few weeks before my wedding and she said they were going to do their best to learn it and she did make sure to play it and I was blown away with how good everyone sounded! I want to go back to my wedding just to relive the dancing and partying that Janis Nowlan Band provided. Our dance floor was packed from start to finish and everyone is still talking about how great the band was and how much fun they had! If you are looking for a band who is fun, energetic, interactive, professional, and upbeat then this is the band you need to get to make your wedding unforgettable! Thank you Janis and the Janis Nowlan Band- we had a BLAST!!!!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Pamela · Married on 04/23/2016

WOW! What a fantastic time we had at our son and daughter-in-law's wedding! It wouldn't have been the same without the Janis Nowlan Band. From the cocktail hour to the last song of the night, reception guests couldn't say enough about how awesome, fantastic, wonderful, and out-of-this-world the band was. No one could resist the urge to dance. Even guests who "never dance" couldn't stay off the dance floor. We all seemed to be under the spell of the magical, musical masterpiece performance of the Janis Nowlan Band!
    Kudos to all of the band for their superb talent, perfect personalization, and ultimate professionalism. The energy was contagious, the timing impeccable, and the entertainment exhilarating! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making this event the "wedding of the decade"!!

Sent on 05/15/2016

Kathryn · Married on 03/05/2016

I don't know even where to begin: we LOVED everything about the Janis Nowlan Band for our wedding at the Constitution Center. Definitely go to one of their music showcases to check them out, and you'll get chills! We wanted a very Philly-themed wedding, and they helped us do just that with everything from Philadelphia Freedom to Fly Eagles Fly. They can play just about any song from any era! EVERYONE was dancing, and we are still receiving compliments on how great this band was at our wedding! The whole band is super nice and friendly and they have so much fun doing what they're good at, and it shows! Janis was super professional and easy-going. I loved working with her to plan my wedding and hope that we can work together again in the future.

Sent on 03/16/2016

Ashlinn · Married on 12/04/2015

The band was non-stop awesome! I had a great time at the Sprandio/Ells reception and the band played a major part in that. It was truly a memorable night.

• Z

ZACHARY · Married on 12/04/2015

I have been to several events at which the Janis Nowlan Band played so there was no doubt who we wanted to play our wedding. We could not be happier! Several guest commented during and after the wedding about how great the band was. The music was great and literally everyone was dancing. They even learned our first dance song and it turned out perfect. The timing was seamless throughout the night for everything from calling up the best man and maid of honor for speeches to cake cutting and all the little in between moments we didnt think of. Even giving a thank you to my grandparents, the oldest married couple there. I can not say enough good things about this band!

Sent on 12/29/2015

I met Janis Nowlan and her Band nine years ago when they agreed, on short notice, to perform at my wife's 50th birthday party. They were fantastic!

Since then Janis and the Band have performed at four of my children's weddings, and numerous charity and corporate events that I have been involved with.

The most recent event was my daughter's wedding and Janis and the Band were phenomenal. They continue to consistently perform and entertain at the highest level. Rave reviews once again from all of our guests and family members!!

John Sprandio

Sent on 12/29/2015

The Janis Nowlan Band was energetic with great sound and offered a fabulous variety of music to keep the dance floor full for the entire night. What fun! You will not be disappointed if you choose this band.

Sent on 12/30/2015

Kate · Married on 12/04/2015

The Janis Nowlan band is phenomenal!! They have performed at many of our family functions over the last nine years. When I got engaged there was no question as to who we wanted to play at the wedding. They are excellent musicians and also really nice people. We will definitely use them for future events and would recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 01/03/2016

Cyndi · Married on 11/14/2015

Wonderful Band everyone was up dancing music played was perfect. Janis was GREAT to work with. Would absolutely recommend!!!!

Sent on 12/07/2015

Fantastic talented band! I highly recommend them. We danced the night away at some friends wedding! They were remarkable!

Sent on 10/27/2015

ray · Married on 10/24/2015

As father of the bride, my concern was that guests were able to talk during dinner with good background music & then enjoy a memorable time dancing or listening to good music.
    The music appealed to all age groups & was done professionally -- exactly what I was looking for.

Ann Palladino · Married on 10/24/2015

Dear Janis -

What a wonderful wedding - thanks to you and your singers and musicians! Even the reluctant people couldn't resist and made their way to the dance floor - and you could see on their faces the fun they were having stepping to the beat...

I got many MANY compliments about the Janis Nowlan Band during the reception - the young people who have heard a lot of bands were amazed at your spectacular sound. (I think some of them wish they could get married again just to have you!)

Ray and I thank you for doing what you do best - getting the party started and keeping it going, and for your friendship and kindness to our family. You made my daughter Crista and Ken's day special and one that everyone who attended will always remember.

Nitsa · Married on 10/24/2015

This band was amazing! They played such a great mix of old and new and sounded just like the originals! Awesome time! Awesome wedding! HUGE kuddos to the band!

Crista · Married on 10/24/2015

This is the most difficult review I have ever had to write. I mean it is just about impossible to put into words just how AWESOME they were. Start to finish, working with Janis is a breeze. We did request a final song for the night that she admitted they have never performed. The song was Closing Time by Semisonic. They NAILED it. I mean everyone was on the dance floor singing along, belting out every last word. The Janis Nowlan Band made our wedding day not just the best day ever, but the most spectacular day ever. Thank you to each and every member of the Janis Nowlan Band. THANK YOU!

Kenny · Married on 10/24/2015

The only words I can use to sum up the atmosphere this band created is... Even the non-dancers couldn't be pulled off the dance floor!
    Truly a close second to the occasion, but only to my bride. Could not ask for more, from start to finish.

Joni · Married on 10/24/2015

Janis Nowlan's Band is so much fun!!! The musicians are very talented professionals but they are engaging artists. They played music that appealed to everyone. I danced for hours!!!