19 Reviews for Janet Makrancy's Weddings & Parties

Flower Petals (1)
Single Flowers (1)
Table Arrangements (1)
18 Janet Makrancy's Weddings & Parties Reviews

Janet, Danielle and the whole team at Janet Makrancy’s Weddings and Parties were amazing. The flower arrangements were outstanding and everyone attending our daughter's wedding commented on how beautiful they were. We would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for someone who goes above and beyond to make your day special.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Deb, 10/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

For our daughter’s wedding, we chose Janet Makrancy’s Weddings and Parties for flowers and other décor. The bride’s bouquet was exquisite with soft pink and ivory florals and the addition of Captain Medoc calla lilies for the bridesmaids made a striking contrast. The arrangements at church were exactly what we wanted and the pew markers created a lovely walkway for our daughter’s procession to the altar.

Once we arrived at the reception venue, it was amazing how all the decorations we selected came together. The centerpieces in the main room were ample and created a sea of pink, white, ivory and contrasting burgundy across the entire space. Draping of the dome ceiling and pin spot lights enhanced the environment so that as the sun set and darkness fell outside, the room went through a magical shift from natural sunlight pouring in to tiny white lights illuminating the space. This transformation was breath-taking. The candles in the foyer and on a grand staircase cast a warm glow on the stonework and served as a stunning backdrop for numerous photos.

All in all, we were very pleased with the services provided by Janet Makrancy’s Weddings and Parties and recommend them highly for your wedding.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Elaine, 9/9/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Samples, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Single Flowers

We used Janet's Wedding and Flowers for both of my daughter's weddings. Janet is so creative and a stickler for details. Our flowers and centerpieces were extraordinary. She listens to what you want, and aims to please!! Janet went over and above, creating a picture, perfect day, for my daughters!!

Profile Picture User7346520, Recently Married, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Tim and I are so grateful to have had the opportunity to work with Janet, Jon, and Danielle at Janet Makrancy’s Weddings and Parties. They were phenomenal! A very professional team that provided quality service that went above and beyond our expectations. Not only did they provide draping for the ballroom and amazing floral decorations for a gorgeous wedding ceremony and reception but meeting with this vendor was the highlight of our wedding planning! Interacting with Janet, Jon, and Danielle always made us happy and excited for our special day. We received great feedback from family and friends about how lovely and creative the decorations were. Janet and her team helped worked with us on many idea, and brought them to life and beyond what we had hoped. Down to the small details like the size of each boutonniere and the crystals being added to centerpieces and bouquets alike, Janet Makrancy’s was wonderful to work with. We have already recommended them to our friends and family and plan to use them for any events that come up in our future!
Sincere thanks and gratitude, Janet, Jon, and Danielle (7.14.17, Princeton, NJ)

Profile Picture Tim, 7/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

Janet's Wedding and Parties provided decor for the most recent Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital-Hamilton, 45th Anniversary Sapphire Ball celebrated Great Gatsby style on October 21st. This company and Janet are fantastic. They listened to our vision and were consistently mindful of our budget. Their responsiveness and professionalism is unmatched. I already hired Janet to provide the decor for another event only 2 months away. If you want top notch decor at reasonable pricing while working with creative minds then don't delay calling Janet !

Profile Picture Lisa, 4/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Unique Services (Other)

Janet's Weddings and Parties did a BEAUTIFUL job for our wedding! They are creative, professional and responsive. Working with Kristen and Janet was fantastic. They listened to what we wanted and created our bouquets and decor even better than I could have imagined. They created a children's table with goodies and fun games that kept the kids happy and busy all night! I highly recommend Janet's Weddings and Parties!

Profile Picture Theresa, 10/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Janet's Weddings & Parties has been in business as far back as I can remember. My family and I have always used them for all our decorating and events. Janet has done weddings, parties, fundraisers and holiday decorating and her creativity and ideas always make any event breathtaking. I would highly recommend them for any event. Thank you Janet and staff for going above and beyond. 5 stars without a doubt!!!

Profile Picture Tracey, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Delivery

This was by far my favorite vendor for my wedding. Janet's creativity is second to none and their team executes brilliantly. I couldn't suggest them enough.

Profile Picture User7222007, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Unique Services (Other)

If you want extraordinary unique wedding decor that your friends and family will not forget then call Janet. She did our 500 guest wedding in princeton NJ and made our massive tented wedding feel like a beautiful personalized floral wonderland. Our wedding decor was photographed and featured in a bridal magazine. Both her and her staff were easy to work with and I have used their services again and again for other parties and recommended them to our friends for their weddings as well. After seeing our wedding my sister-in-law used Janet for their country chic wedding as well. I will recommend that you give them plenty of leeway to be creative so that you get the best results. You wont be disappointed!

Profile Picture Lisa, 5/9/15, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Janet is an amazing florist! I did not think that I was going to be picky about my flowers, and honestly I did not really have any specifics in mind when I first met with Janet. She was so helpful in drawing out of me what I wanted and what my vision was. She invited me into her work-space to see where the arrangements are made, to look at some of the flowers she has on hand and to see all the ribbon colors she had in her “ribbon room” (she can order more if you can’t find what you are looking for, but there were hundreds of choices!). She was honest and open with me about the prices of different flowers, and was open to providing suggestions for substitutions which would to lower costs for me, yet still provide the same look that I wanted. She was also able to suggest flowers based on what I said I liked, or by a simple description of something I had seen and liked. She was knowledgeable on what was in season and available fresh for our wedding date. The day of the wedding the flowers were delivered on time and looked beautiful! They were even better than the sample she had showed me in our last meeting. I was thrilled! And she even included some extra boutonnieres just incase one was misplaced by a groomsman. We could not have asked for a better florist experience. Guests and even some of the wait-staff commented on how beautiful the arrangements were. Thank you Janet for being so patient and so skilled at what you do!

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/8/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We really enjoyed working with Janet on the flower designs at our wedding. She is a very thoughtful and sincere individual with a great eye for floral arrangements. My wife had many ideas and discussions with her, and Janet did a perfect job of making those ideas come true. She really did such a beautiful job, and we feel very fortunate for her services at our wedding. Thank you Janet!

Profile Picture User3665589, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Janet Makrancy, from Janet's Weddings and Parties has been doing flowers and decorating for all of my occasions for the past 20 years. She has done several weddings, birthday parties and Holiday decorating for us. I highly recommend her for all of your flower and party rental needs. Her prices are great and the service is exquisite and professionally done.
We Love Janet's Weddings and Parties!!

Profile Picture Joni , 2/9/14, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Janet Makrancy did everything just as we planned together. I wanted a bigger bouquet and they did not disappoint. Many people complimented about how beautiful it was. They set up a trellis with flowers and had aisle decorations that matched my colors. They made corsages for the mothers. They set up everything and cleaned up, even when some of it was not their responsibility. Everything was great! They were very professional and responsive. I would highly recommend.

Profile Picture Erin, 10/7/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

We loved our floral design at our wedding. We got married at my parents' house in Princeton and Janet and Danielle were great about working with the natural beauty of the property and the design of the house to enhance the special venue. I truly appreciate that they listed to what we wanted, didn't try to oversell us on things we didn't want or need and asked a lot of specific questions to make the process so much smoother. They also helped us create an amazing tree filled with handmade paper "lovebirds" that my mother-in-law designed and a magical backyard huppah under a lit tree that photographed so beautifully. The floral they created was absolutely gorgeous and everyone was wowed.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
4.7

I had a fall wedding and the creative things Janet was able to pumpkins and gourds was amazing. People still tell me how beautiful the decor was. The atmosphere she was able to create was impressive and so warm and rich. She is extremely creative. The flowers were of exceptional quality and the designs were modern and tasteful. A great value for your wedding dollar.
Would use her again for any event and hope she is still in business when my daughter is old enough to get married- she is my go to!!!

Shannon

Profile Picture Shannon, 9/10/16, 1 Review
4.3

I contacted this vendor to obtain an estimate for rentals but I was not satisfied with their response time and lack of transparency therefore I decided not to proceed with them. A day after submitting my feedback and overall dissatisfaction with my experience, I received a response from the general manager with apologies and solutions on how to proceed. The General Manager indicated that they are changing their protocols to ensure great customer service is provided. They are very receptive to receiving feedback and making changes. Will book them for next event

Profile Picture User7203703, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

I'm less qualified to write this review than my wife, who was much more interested in the details of the floral arrangements for our wedding, but I can comment on Janet's Weddings and Parties otherwise. Overall, they were fine, and had pretty decent prices compared to other florists near Princeton. So we were happy with them overall.

Some details were less-than-stellar, though. We met with them one afternoon and they were supposed to have brought an arrangement that my wife had worked out ahead of time. They messed up some of the details, so she didn't actually get to see what the flowers would look like until the day of the wedding. The flowers all turned out fine and everybody liked them, but it would have been nice to see the arrangement earlier. There was also a bit of confusion around prices for various options and whether they had certain vases or not. Maybe that's normal. It struck me as odd.

Still, I'd probably use them again if for no other reason than they're a decent value for high quality arrangements (or so I'm told by people who know flowers!).

Profile Picture Dave, 7/27/13, 5 Reviews