Janelle Brooke Photography, Inc. Reviews

Janelle Brooke Photography, Inc.

Janelle Brooke Photography, Inc.

Huntington, NY
5.0 out of 5 rating, 56 Reviews
View more information

Katie M. Married on 07/16/2022

Raia Wedding 7-16-22 waters edge

From the moment I met Janelle and the way she captured photos at my cousins wedding I knew she was the perfect match!! She really gets to know you as a couple and captures amazing photos that truly represent who you are!! She listens to your requests and ia there to make sure your day is perfect!! Amanda worked with Janelle on our big day and they were both fun, energetic, and made our day fun and easy going!! Amy, Janelle assistant is absolutely amazing and answers all questions in a reasonable time frame and is there for you every step of the way!
  • Christina
    Christina C. Married on 07/02/2022

Perfection

Oh my gosh, where do I even start with Janelle? It’s hard to put into words how wonderful she is. The only way to put it is Janelle is truly top-notch. From the second we met her, she made us feel like we knew her forever and is so warm and kind. We did our engagement shoot with her at Planting Fields in Oyster Bay, and she knew the grounds like the back of her hand. She captured the most beautiful photos in the most beautiful places. She helped us to figure out what we liked and what we didn’t like, this way she knew the exact types of pictures we wanted on our wedding day. Janelle was always so responsive, and goes above and beyond to make sure she knows your visions. She will meet with you as many times as you need, and at great length with great detail. On our wedding day, Janelle was not only our photographer, but my right hand woman for literally everything, personal hype girl, and day-of coordinator. She made me feel like the most beautiful bride in the world and coordinated the day for me (with my other vendors) from top to bottom with a full itinerary along with a detailed shot list. Janelle is the perfect combination of assertive with blending in. She was easily able to keep everything/everyone on track with timing, get everyone’s attention when needed, help gather specific people for shots, yet and also blended right in during the reception. She made sure we captured every single shot we wanted. Her work is art and is truly impressive. They say you get what you pay for, and Janelle is hands down worth every single penny.
    Nicole C. Married on 05/12/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best decision we made for our big day!

If you are looking for someone who will make taking photos effortless, she is your person! Her patience, her kindness, her incredible talent, she is more than you could have hoped for. Her work is breath taking. I couldn't believe they were our pictures, I swore it was a photo shoot for a wedding mag. I would work with her over and over and over again.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Kelly Married on 11/13/2020

Thank you!

My husband and I cannot say enough great things about Janelle Brooke and our photographer, Beth! They are incredibly organized, attentive to detail, and really helped guide us through the whole process from start to finish. Beth is amazingly talented and created such a comfortable, easy environment from the get-go (coming from two camera shy people!) and they helped plan some of our favorite moments from the day including our first look. The photos are stunning and we are obsessed with our beautiful album which they helped us put together with a number of 1:1 walk-through and editing sessions to make sure the final product was perfect for us. Thank you Janelle and Beth!!
    Kelly S. Married on 08/10/2019

Excellent!!

When I was at my venue they had a display table with photo books from various photographers taken place at that venue
    Janelles book caught my eve immediately, the quality of her work stood out amongst the rest!
    Working with Janelle and her team was such an amazing experience, she was flexible with our schedule when shooting engagement photos and that day made us feel very comfortable with her and the whole process.
    Throughout the year of planning I received thoughtful letters and gifts in the mail including a bracelet that reminded me to “just breathe”
    As an experienced photographer she flawlessly planned the timeline of the day and even had helpful planning tips

On the day of our wedding Janelle went above and beyond her job description always making sure I was “good” and even took me outside to hold a damp towel to my back as I was over-heating in August

When we saw our wedding photos we were blown away, they are so beautiful and professional looking we were overjoyed to share with friends an family

I highly recommend Janelle and her team, we are so happy with all of her hard work!
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay Married on 06/22/2019

Over the moon!!

I met Janelle at a wedding showcase and after one conversation and look at her work I knew she had to be our wedding photographer. BEST. DECISION. EVER. My fiancé (now husband) and I grew so close to her and had so much fun meeting with her and having our engagement shoot! By the time of our wedding we considered her a friend! Janelle and her team were AWESOME on our wedding day, somehow everywhere at once yet very always so calm and cheery. When Janelle showed my husband and I a sneak preview of the shots she took we just started crying. They are truly art. Now we just cannot stop looking at our wedding pictures we still can’t believe they’re real and ours!! I cannot recommend Janelle Brooke Photography enough and I am so looking forward to working with them again. AMAZING people who do AMAZING work!
  • Kymberly
    Kymberly Married on 05/04/2019

Easy to Work With!

Terry and the JBP team were so easy to work with and very flexible with meeting times and getting to really know us before our wedding day. On the day of the wedding, we quickly got all the shots we wanted and during the reception it feels like they were never in your face, yet always exactly where you wanted them to be capturing the perfect moments of the day. I will definitely be using JBP for future events and recommend them to anyone!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer W. Married on 03/23/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Honestly, there's nobody better. Just stop searching now :-)

I knew Janelle from a friend's wedding that she photographed many years prior. I always remembered being amazed by her calm demeanor, professionalism, creativity, and flat-out stunning, simply beautiful and unique images. I always hoped that one day I could hire her too when I got married. Lucky for us, she happened to be available when we booked our wedding on short notice in March of 2019. Janelle and her entire team are the best. She really ran the whole day for us it seemed, we just followed her lead and went with the flow and got everything in according to schedule. She was able to capture some truly beautiful moments that we will treasure forever. We also used a videographer she suggested, and he was fantastic as well. Aside from the big day, we also were able to squeeze in an engagement/baby announcement shoot at her recommendation before the wedding. We are so glad we did, it helped get us comfortable in front of the camera and we got some great shots. We also will use her services for all the great follow up items, like albums and assistance with displaying the photos in our home in a unique and creative way. Janelle and her team are true artists, designers, and just all-around lovely people. They will be our forever photographers through all of life's big moments ahead. Thank you JBP Team!
    Samantha Married on 09/08/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    From the moment we met with Janelle we looked no further...Janelle and her team are the absolute best!!! Not only are they the best photographers, but they treat you so wonderful and make you feel so comfortable around them. Janelle and her team listen to you and make all your photo dreams come to life. I can’t say enough wonderful things about Janelle Brooke Photography, we will continue using her for all of my photography needs in the future and if we could give them 100000 stars we would.
    Marissa Married on 06/17/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    THE BEST! ! Wow! One word to express the amazing experience we had working with Janelle Brooke Photography. Janelle and her team are extremely professional, friendly, loving, caring and easy to work with. They helped us with our photography needs every step of the way and EXCEEDED our expectations. Every photo from our engagement shoot to our wedding has been STUNNING. I can not say enough positive things about JBP. I cant wait to work together again in the future.
    Colleen Married on 11/19/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Janelle Brooke and her team were so many things to me throughout my wedding planning process and wedding day. They helped provide my day of timeline, tips for a successful day and were so patient in my very specific description of images I wanted. Best of all on my wedding day Janelle, Harrison, and Val were my family member gatherers, tree climbers, hand warmers providers, seamstresses, and a patient voice of reason. They let me take charge and explain ideas I had but also are so incredibly creative and inventive in the images they capture. Janelle and Harrison stayed with us for about 13 hours that day and there aren't any 2 people I would have preferred to have with me all day. They genuinely love what they do and it shows in all their interactions with us and our guests. I am forever grateful for all of their hard work and will never be able to thank them enough for all they did!!!!
    Katelyn Married on 08/28/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The JBP team has been amazing to work with! Terrie, Alex & Beth made our wedding day photos fun and flawless! They worked so well with our DJ and videographer too! So worth it! We can't wait to see the finished products :) JBP is the best!!!
    Mike Married on 09/06/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The JBP is truly unbelievable with what they are able to do with a camera. I knew from seeing her previous work that Janelle is amazing but I could not be happier with the way my pictures came out. My wedding party and I looked AMAZING and Janelle was so creative with coming up with exactly what we wanted. I would recommend JBP to anyone who wants the best wedding photographer on the planet.
    Amanda Married on 12/06/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Janelle and Terrie are WONDERFUL!! They have been with us since the beginning! My now husband hired Terrie for our proposal! It's been an amazing experience through our engagement shoot and then wedding! They're professional, current and just plain AMAZING. I would recommend them 100%!!! They've been with us through it all. I would totally recommend an engagement shoot also so you can get used to your photographer and how they shoot. These girls do not and will not disappoint. WE LOVE JANELLE BROOKE PHOTOGRAPHY!
    Diana Married on 11/08/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Janelle Brooke Photography was hands down our favourite vendor from our wedding. They had photographed the weddings of 2 acquaintances over the last few years and I knew from seeing those pictures I needed to have them at my wedding! From the first day that we contacted them, Terrie and Janelle were extremely hands on and so warm towards us. As I bride I knew I wouldn't have felt comfortable with a videographer following us around the day of the wedding, so we felt we could spend that extra bit of money on having the most stunning pictures possible – and Janelle and Terry definitely helped us achieve this. Their style was exactly in line with that I wanted –intimate, elegant, and real (no stiff posing & positioning here!). They captured so much of the emotion and excitement of the day. My now-husband and I live in London and got married in New York – which in itself created a stressful wedding planning situation. These women bent over backwards to fit us in for meetings and Skype sessions. They were a pleasure to work with, always reachable, and happy to help. You can feel the kindness, warmth, and patience they have for each and every one of their clients. They worked with us every step of the way and we came out with the most beautiful photos of the most memorable day. I cannot recommend using them enough, we are so happy with all of their work.
    Alexandra Event on: 09/15/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I've used JBP for every special occasion in our lives from our engagement party to our daughter's 2nd birthday party along with yearly holiday photos. Highly skilled and talented professionals from taking the photos to editing and album design. Customer service is outstanding and incomparable in their industry!
    Matthew Married on 06/29/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Janelle and Terrie were the best! They were so flexible, non obtrusive and got all these great photos and we didn't even notice they were there! They took the photos we wanted, had great suggestions, and even made the day of taking photos FUN!

Thank you Janelle!

-Matt and Amanda
    Jamie-Lee Married on 04/06/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We can honestly say that JBP, and especially Janelle herself, made our wedding day that much better! I cannot say enough great things about Janelle. When things started to get a little stressful, she was there to calm me down and get things back on track. It was like having a best friend take your pictures. If I could rate JBP higher than a 5 I would. I highly recommend JBP, Inc.
    Melissa Married on 11/10/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Our wedding planner referred us to Janelle Brooke Photography, Inc. for our fall 2012 wedding on Long Island. We checked out their website, and instantly fell in love with both their style and love for photography. Our biggest concern with JBP was whether they would be available the weekend of our wedding! Planning an out of state wedding had its own set of challenges but Janelle and Terrie were AMAZING and agreed to video chat with us to go over the ins and outs of our special day. Now, three months after the wedding, we couldn't be happier with our choice. Terrie was our photographer and she was BEYOND AMAZING! Everything from all our meetings leading up to the wedding, to her continued updates following, she and Janelle went above and beyond any expectations we had. The pictures speak for themselves, they are simply stunning. JBP's professionalism, positive energy, and love for their work made them an absolute enjoyment to work with. Through this experience Terrie has become a true friend and we look forward to having JBP capture future life events we'll undoubtedly have. With so many decisions surrounding a wedding, JBP was by far the easiest and best one we made!
  • User968810 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Janelle's work speaks for itself and she has such a talented team that she works with. Photography was the most important vendor to my hubby and me. We met with countless photographers and none of them got us or our vision. Within 10 minutes of meeting the JBP team I was sold. Janelle and Terrie are so sweet and so incredibly patient. The engagement shoot was a great way to get comfortable in front of the camera and we love how the pictures came out. The day of the wedding we had Janelle and Terrie there and I cannot wait to see our photos. We got to see a slide show during the reception and everyone who saw the teasers were blown away. We’ve received so many compliments from our family, bridal party, friends and lots of strangers on how beautiful our pictures came out. They cannot believe how creative the shots were and how they were able to capture so many special moments. I'd recommend JBP to anyone I know that's getting married! They are truly amazing!
    Jillian Married on 09/15/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    To sum it up – Janelle Brooke Photography is flawless. Janelle and her staff are beyond amazing people to work with. They all truly care about their clients and LOVE their jobs. This dedication easily translates into their photos.

When I first met Janelle – I knew she was the one. I booked her right away for both the engagement session and the wedding. I HIGHLY recommend the engagement session. There are so many benefits. You get to see Janelle’s style, get comfortable with each other and you get great pictures that you will treasure.

What makes Janelle so different than everyone else …She is a mini wedding planner. She is in tune with the wedding and understands the importance of the details the brides put into their wedding. She also had great suggestions – which I used the day of my wedding :) She answers phone calls and text messages. Always on time, VERY organized and such a happy and warm person to work with. It truly has been a great experience to work with Janelle. I can’t wait to use JBP again in the future for family photos :)
    Jennifer Married on 07/28/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    To say that Janelle Brooke Photography are an exceptionally talented team is an understatement. They are not only immensely talented, and genuinely enjoy what they do, they are a calming influence that all brides (and grooms!) need on their big day. It rained on my wedding day, as we were pulling up to our outdoor photo site. It absolutely could've been a nightmare. But Janelle and her team kept their calm and made my husband and I laugh in spite of everything. We got the few shots that Janelle knew meant so much to me, as the spot held an extreme sentimental value to us, and we went back to our reception venue. I was so comfortable in having faith in her in her team, and it was so reassuring to be able to have that confidence, and know that it would be rewarded. Their team is so quick on turnaround with sneak peeks that its 2 weeks since our wedding and we have already seen some of our pictures (most notably a few of the rain pictures) and we have already seen that confidence rewarded tenfold. There is no better team that I could've imagined working with. I have never heard of a photographer helping to shape the tone of a wedding day, but that is absolutely what Janelle and her team did, in such a good way. I will use them for any and every occasion that I need a photographer in the future, and can't wait to work with them again!
    Celena Married on 07/21/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    If I could give more stars I would. Janelle and her team are amazing! I definitely recommend the e-session. My husband didn't think we needed it, but the photos from that day are some of our favorites. It gave us a chance to get to know Janelle and Kim, and also to be more comfortable being photographed. Janelle and her wonderful team gave us personalized attention throughout the process. We also had the photobooth at our wedding. All of our guests loved it, it was fun, and our guests appreciated being able to take home funny photos from the booth. Janelle and her team helped make our special day that much more special!!
    Melissa Married on 06/23/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My wedding was over 7 months ago and I continue to receive the most glowing compliments about my pictures. From the moment my husband and I met Janelle & Terrie we were in love. They sat with us talking through the editing process, the day of timeline, things we might want to consider day of, etc. and this was all before we even had talked about signing a contract for our wedding. If they spent this much time with us before we committed, we couldn't imagine what it would be like when we did. We could not have been more right when we chose JBP.

Janelle & Terrie are so amazing to work with and make you feel so comfortable in front of the camera. When we wanted to shoot our engagement photos on the boats at Central Park and then near a church in Chelsea, Janelle & Terrie came up with some additional gorgeous locations in the area to shoot at. They were so responsive to any question I had (and I had many) and never made me feel like I was asking something dumb (which I'm sure I did).

I feel so lucky to have found the gem of a team at JBP and I can say without any question in my mind that they are the best of the best. They aren't just shooting your wedding, they are capturing some of the most beautiful memories of one of your most important days of your life. I go through all of my pictures and know that they could not be any better. If you want the best, it's JBP.
  • W
    Ami Married on 04/14/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Terrie was our photographer for our wedding day and she was absolutely amazing!!! Even though we are in different states she was totally flexible with our phone calls and meetings to scope out photo locations. She’s super easy to get along with and is such a talented photographer. She’s got a great eye for capturing the moment! I still can’t believe some of the awesome pictures she took of me and my hubby are actually US!!! We’re both just not great in front of the cameras and she just made us feel at ease and we actually had a lot of fun! I still think back to the good laughs we had while taking the photos. She’s also great with kids… our ring bearer can sometimes be a terror but she had him smiling and jumping with joy in the pictures. All of the pictures from our wedding day came out absolutely amazing! I’m so glad we went with Janelle Brooke photography for our special day because the only thing that lasts are photos and memories. I can’t wait to order our canvas photos to proudly display in our home! I would love to work with Terrie again. Maybe when me and my hubby start a family….. :)
illustration stars