Jana Scott Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Caroline
    Caroline U. Married on 05/21/2021

The BEST Photographer Ever!!! (Brides of all body types welcome!)

Jana Scott is the photographer you want and need!

I can't even put into words how grateful I am to have met Jana and to have had her at my wedding. Due to covid, I had to reschedule 2 times and Jana was EXTREMELY flexible and beyond helpful and kind during the entire process. At the wedding, she was an absolute GODSEND. She helped keep the day on track, was EXTREMELY flexible when the timeline went off track and worked tirelessly to get it back on track and capture every important moment from the day. She works with your other vendors and really takes a TON of work and stress of you. I unfortunately learned the hard way not to wear a corset under a 40 lb ballgown in 390482030 degree heat and when I inevitably got sick, Jana jumped into action and literally iced me down, nursed me back to health, and made sure that I got mints. She's literally an angel on Earth. I honestly have no idea how we would've gotten through the planning process and wedding day without her. I cannot stress enough how incredible she is.

Beyond her extremely kind and fun demeanor, she's absolutely fabulous to work with. My now husband HATES getting his picture taken and even he admitted how fun our engagement and wedding session were and he's looking forward to a second wedding pic session in the fall. She makes the process SO fun and works tirelessly to ensure you get ever single shot you want, no matter how crazy.

Now on to her talent - Jana is easily the MOST talented photographer I've ever seen. Her work outside of portraits is inspired and her portraits (wedding, engagement, etc) are INCREDIBLE. I'm a plus size bride, EXTREMELY insecure and self conscience, and normally don't like pictures of myself that other people take and I LOVE every picture Jana has taken of me. She knows the best angle for everyone and every couple, her ability to use and thrive in any lightening is amazing, and her shots are all pure art. I will forever ask Jana to be our photographer!

Pricing - honestly she should charge a million dollars for her work and I'm not sure why she doesn't. Her prices are beyond reasonable and she is worth more than every penny.

Photography is THE single most important thing for your wedding day, pictures will be the only thing you get to take away from the day. Hire Jana, I promise you won't regret it!
    Lori F. Married on 10/19/2019

The best heart

There are not enough kind words in the dictionary to describe Jana as a person and photographer. Who else would meet you at your mother's farm, tramp around the fields and go deep into the woods for your engagement photos???? The whole process was so wonderful with her and I am so glad we entrusted her to capture our day (because the pictures are phenomenal). XOXO
    Julia Married on 06/29/2019

Outstanding photographer

Jana is so wonderful and we can’t recommend her enough! She photographed my sister’s wedding two years ago, and I immediately knew I wanted to have her capture my own wedding. Hiring her when the time came was one of the very first, top-priority wedding planning tasks we did! Jana is so passionate, professional, talented, fun, and kind. She did both our engagement shoot and wedding, and the photos were so gorgeous, artful, and full of emotion. She really knows her stuff, and helped us to draft a solid wedding-day timeline in the months leading up to the wedding. On the wedding day itself, she helped ensure we were following the timeline and also coordinated with other vendors. We had a short thunderstorm before the ceremony, and she and her lovely assistant Sam took it in stride, worked around it, and made sure we still got all of the shots we had been hoping for. I admit I was a pretty demanding bride, with a clear vision in mind, and Jana had so much shared enthusiasm and great ideas. I really hope to work with her again in the future! She is worth every single penny— wedding photos last a lifetime, and I’m excited to share our beautiful pictures with our kids and grandkids some day :) Thank you, Jana!
  • Nicole
    Nicole B. Married on 04/27/2019

Best Photographer!

Jana Scott is the absolute best! She's patient, creative, and has a great eye to capture the best pictures. She made not just myself, but my husband feel so relaxed and comfortable in front of the camera. Not once did we ever feel rushed or that we were just another client to Jana. Our whole wedding party felt that she was so easy going and captured every shot perfectly. Jana made sure not a single detail was missed on our big day and we cannot thank her enough. I still stare daily at not only at our wedding photos, but also at our engagement photos as well. I'd recommend Jana to anyone who is looking for a wedding photographer.

Jana Scott Photography's reply:

Thank you, Nicole! You are the sweetest! Working with you was so fun and inspiring! I'm thrilled that your day was all that you had hoped and more. Thank you so very much for trusting me to photograph you guys! xoxo
  • Nicole
    Nicole Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing Photographer

Jana is truly a dream to work with. Extremely professional (yet very down to earth). She helped create a seamless timeline of the wedding day for photographs and captured everything we asked for... and so much more. Jana is so talented and we are so glad we got to work with her!
  • Cassie
    Cassie Married on 09/02/2018

To say she's just a wedding photographer is a vast understatement

To say that Jana was just our wedding photographer on our big day is a vast understatement. She was our wedding expert, crisis manager, day-of-coordinator, supporting friend, and obviously the most amazing wedding photographer that we could have asked for. From Day 1 when my husband and I hired Jana for our September wedding - she helped us with every aspect of our wedding planning agenda. Because she is an absolute expert in the wedding industry she was able to offer so many insightful tips during the planning process; many items that my husband and I would have never thought about on our own. Not to mention, we were planning our wedding from over 1,000 miles away (without a wedding planner) and Jana's communication and assistance was invaluable to us.

And if you are looking for a photographer who will work with you to tell your love story, she is the one to be with. During our engagement session she really spent time getting to know my husband and I so that she could take photos that really revealed our unique love and personalities. There were several times I remember her saying something along the lines of "oops that photo doesn't look like you guys, let's try something else" and the finished product was absolutely a direct look into the love that my husband and I share.

We live in a world of "Pinterest obsession" where brides plan out every aspect of their big day based on photos and images from previous brides posted all over social media - but I can assure you that Jana will capture those moments that you never even dreamed of during the planning process on your big day. We gave Jana a few "must-have" photos that we wanted on our big day, but the ones we loved the most were the ones that she put together and captured for us. That to us is the mark of a true professional in our opinion.

Something else that set Jana apart from many other wedding professionals in the area was her willingness to be completely immersed in your big day. Jana never sets a time limit on your wedding day and is there from the very beginning to the very end. It was such a relief to know she was always there capturing those special moments all day long.

My husband and I are forever grateful for the memories that she gave to us from our engagement session to our big day. Thank you just doesn't feel like enough for a wedding vendor who truly made our wedding day, but it is definitely a start. I cannot recommend Jana highly enough to brides-to-be!

When you're crying happy tears over the photos she delivers to you, you'll thank me for letting you know she's the absolute must have for your wedding day.
    Katie Married on 07/21/2018
    Jana Scott was the best photographer we could have asked for on our wedding day. Her product (the photos) are beautiful, enchanting and truly speak for themselves. However, it was her service - and ultimately her personality - that put her in an elite category as a professional photographer. We initially contacted Jana to shoot some engagement photos for us at Penn State. From the first phone call with her, she made us feel very comfortable. She answered questions with ease, had helpful direction and was confident. All of these factors made it so easy to trust her. Then when we met in person and completed the engagement session, we knew we HAD to have Jana photograph our wedding. We loved her and honestly would have been disappointed if she wasn't with us on our big day. As an engaged couple planning, we didn't immediately realize how large the role of a photographer is, but we quickly learned - especially as we were creating the timeline for the wedding day. Bride & Groom, family, friends, guests spend all day with the photographer. It's a big deal... and Jana rocked it! Numerous guests (including parents) remarked on how good she was, kind she was, personable she was. And it's all so true. The planning process, to the wedding day, to the services and products she provides after it's all done are simply top notch. We are beyond grateful to have had Jana Scott photograph our wedding, and truly, we cannot recommend her enough. An investment with her and her level of service is something you'll be very thankful you did - not only on your wedding day but in the years to come.
    Emma Married on 06/21/2018
    Jana was an absolute dream to work with. She was so accommodating throughout the entire engagement and wedding process! We knew we wanted Jana to be our photographer from the moment we saw her beautiful work, but we could never have imagined how wonderful it was to work with her.

She always made us feel SO comfortable (which is saying something, because my husband and I don't love having our pictures taken) and she did a great job of capturing our personalities! On the wedding day itself she did a great job of keeping us on schedule and making sure all of our priority pictures got taken. From the early morning golf game, to getting ready, to the ceremony, to the reception she also captured all of the little moments in the day that made it so incredibly special.

She got all of our photos back to us within a few short weeks and we were truly moved by how incredibly beautiful they were. Jana has an unparalleled ability to capture the love of the day in artistic and meaningful ways. We will cherish our photos for many years to come and we are so thankful that we were able to work with her for one of the most important days of our lives.
    Marisa Married on 06/16/2018
    Jana is one of the most wonderful people I have ever met. She is so kind and caring and really made me, as her client, feel comfortable and laid back during our engagement shoot and on our wedding day. Neither my husband nor I love having our photos taken, but Jana made us laugh and have fun the entire time which made the process go by so smoothly. I would absolutely recommend utilizing this awesome lady's talents and I hope I can work with her again in the future! :)
    Kaitlyn Married on 04/27/2018
    Jana was extremely communicative and great to work with. She has an eye that can't be matched and we enjoyed the entire process - this being said by someone who HATES getting her photo taken. Highly recommended!
    Brooke Married on 04/14/2018
    Jana Scott captured our wedding day wonderfully through pictures! My husband and I love looking at the photos! It allows us to relive our special day by viewing special moments from the ceremony, reception and our carriage ride! We were thrilled to see Jana's beautiful, artistic and candid photos of our special day. Jana not only took all of the important photos like the bridal entrance, vows, and ring exchange, but she also took so many fun and amazing pictures of our guests. If you are looking for a photographer that captures the essence of your special day with an artistic flair and eye for special moments, Jana is your photographer!
    Patrick Married on 10/27/2017
    Working with Jana for our wedding was a wonderful experience. We felt welcomed from the very beginning by Jana's warm personality and positive energy. Even her quaint and beautifully decorated space in downtown Lemont, PA inspired confidence that she was the person to realize an artistic vision for our wedding.

We had originally planned for a photographer to take pictures just on our wedding day, but, after meeting with Jana, decided that we also wanted an engagement session. Both days were fantastic. We were able to put up great pictures from our engagement session at our wedding and will be including them in our thank you cards. The wedding itself went very smoothly and Jana spent the entire day with us capturing fantastic pictures that we will always cherish. She even managed to wrangle one of my overly-energetic and goofy groomsmen into standing still for a number of our planned photos.

Overall, my wife and I found Jana to be incredibly friendly and professional. I have no doubt that anyone hiring Jana will be happy with the end result, whether it's for a wedding or any type of photo session.
    Carli Married on 10/21/2017
    When planning our simple backyard wedding, my husband and I both agreed that the pictures were the most important part. Long after the cake is gone and the honeymoon is over the pictures are what you go back to time and time again to relive that amazing day. Jana’s photographs speak for themselves! Her talent and creativity far exceeded our expectations. Our wedding pictures truly are a work of art. And on top of all of that, she was so professional and organized throughout the whole process which turned out to be a blessing we didn’t even know we needed. With all the chaos that ensues during wedding planning and life, she was accommodating, relaxed and extremely helpful. I just can’t say enough good things about Jana and her work. She has my highest recommendation and I feel certain that anyone who chooses her to capture their special day will be beyond satisfied with the results!
    Catherine Married on 10/14/2017
    Jana was the most amazing photographer. She was patient, kind, flexible, and down to earth. Our engagement session with her was fun and memorable, and she captured the most special moments of our wedding day with such ease and grace. Her images are beautiful, and she made working with her a collaborative experience. We will use her for any future event that calls for professional photography and recommend her without reservation. She's simply the best!
  • Tina
    Tina Married on 09/16/2017

Best Photographer!

Jana is phenomenal! She is a fun high energy person with great ideas. She performs her job with high enthusiasm and great passion. Jana did two separate timelines for our wedding as we had some setbacks while planning the big day. Jana had great ideas throughout the wedding planning process not just in the photography end but, other areas as well. She was great to work with and we enjoyed planning the entire event. We highly recommend her to anybody that is looking for a great photographer!
  • Shannah
    Shannah Married on 08/26/2017
    When we began wedding planning, one of the most important decisions to us was the photographer. This is the one person who will pay attention to and capture every, small detail and preserve the most wonderful moments. We met with Jana and knew immediately we wanted to collaborate with her for our special day, and we are SO HAPPY with that decision. From overcast skies and a windy day engagement session, to a large and rowdy wedding party, to our request to play with smoke bombs for the B+G photos, Jana embraced every challenge with a smile and enthusiasm, and the results were beautiful! Jana doesn't just take photos, she creates art, makes recommendations, listens, lends advice - she becomes a friend.
    Alexis Married on 08/12/2017
    Having found Jana as our wedding photographer was one of the best things to happen while we were planning our wedding! It's easy to see how amazing she is as a photographer by looking at her work, but she is also a wonderful person with so much experience and knowledge! Her attention to detail in all she does from the beautiful packaging she presents her work to you in to helping you choose locations for pictures, from beginning to end, she makes every step feel personal and beautiful! She also puts purpose behind everything she does and has a way of putting those around her at ease. She will capture your unique love and spirit in a truly special way! Jana also really wants you to have the most amazing wedding! She will do whatever she can to help, listen, and prepare you for your day. I could go on and on about her and how lucky we feel to not only have her as our photographer, but to now have her as a friend.
    Kelly Married on 07/08/2017
    Working with Jana was amazing. Not only did she take artful photos and capture our day beautifully, she also made herself available to answer questions and give advice on the timeline and look of the day. So many guests complimented her professionalism. She took the time to get to know us and make sure our vision was brought to life. I love that our photos incorporate nature and look relaxed and very like us. They aren’t forced or too posed. We came away from the experience not only with a photographer that I would use again and again, but also with a friend. Highly recommend!
    Andrea J. Married on 06/24/2017
    Working with Jana was an incredible experience. We are thankful that we put the responsibility of photographing one of the most important days of our lives in her hands! We're still not sure how she managed to be everywhere at one time; she beautifully captured all of the important highlights of the day.

In terms of technical skill, Jana's work is exceptional. The photos she took are PROFESSIONAL, and she stands out among the many photographers who have good cameras but are less experienced. Her artistic eye and creative talent make her one of the best!

Her interpersonal skills made her easy to work with, as well. She listened to our preferences, made meaningful suggestions, and always made herself available to us. My husband and I don't enjoy having our photos taken, but she made the experience fun and relaxed. She became our friend in the process of being our photographer, which is more than we could have asked for.

We will treasure our wedding photos for a lifetime! Can't wait to show our grandchildren, one day!
    Devin Married on 12/20/2016
    The perfect combination of photographic talent, artistic vision, outstanding customer service, flexibility with planning and ideas, and a joyful addition to our wedding day. Jana is everything we were looking for and more. I am very particular about photography. I love the art and wanted someone who was more than just a person who decided one day they were a photographer because they bought a nice camera. Jana is a true professional and a true artist. She added to our wedding day with her engaging style. All of our guests raved about her and wanted her to join the festivities. Her willingness to do a specific session my wife had hoped for was incredible... particularly since it was dependent on a snowstorm coming to town. You will not be disappointed with Jana as a part of your day. Enjoy!
    Amber Married on 08/13/2016
    Jana was amazing and we are so happy we booked her for our August 13th wedding in State College.

From the get go Jana was extremely organized and responsive. That is so appreciated when planning a wedding. She ALWAYS took the time to help us and give us advice and never made us feel silly for asking too many questions! I would send an email and it always received a prompt response. She really took the time to get to know my husband and I before our wedding and I think that shows in the photos. She was really able to capture "us" and our personalities on our big day. We had a very large wedding and Jana was able to capture so many special moments that not even we saw happening. We have had so many family members tell us how polite and professional our photographer was! She was able to capture moments without ever being "in the way" or being pushy.

Jana really worked with us to figure out what was important to us and she delivered on all aspects of that and more. We have so many great memories now captured in photos.

All of the images she produced were of the best quality. After our wedding we felt like we not only booked a great vendor but someone we consider a great person and now friend! We would highly recommend using Jana's services.
    Tracie Married on 07/30/2016
    Jana Scott is absolutely amazing! She is very talented and easy to work with and you have her for the ENTIRE day from start to finish. I found Jana through a friend of mine that also used her for a wedding and while I was looking at her photos, they were so beautiful that I almost cried. I knew right then that I had to have her as my own photographer. She doesn't just point and shoot, she puts thought into what she does and it's just beautiful art, I absolutely my wedding pictures.
  • W
    Whitney Married on 04/30/2016
    Jana is fantastic! Not only is she truly talented but she is a pleasure to work with! She took beautiful pictures at our wedding. I highly recommend her!
    Danielle Married on 04/08/2016
    There isn't enough I could say about Jana that would do her justice. Not only did she capture the magic of our special day in absolutely stunning photographs, but she was incredibly kind and easy to work with. At every step, she was responsive and understanding, and when there was family drama and hardships to overcome she was a seasoned voice of reason to help me make decisions and put a smile back on my face. She was absolutely worth every penny and I wouldn't trade the experience we had with her for anything. She listened closely to what I wanted and what was most important to me when it came to not only my photographs but my entire wedding experience, and she did everything in her power to make those things happen. By the time the wedding was over she felt like another one of the girls in my bridal party! It was a fantastic experience that I will never forget!
    Elizabeth Married on 03/14/2015
    I can't say enough good things about Jana and my entire wedding photography experience with her! Throughout the planning process, she was very organized and full of helpful information and tips. She was extremely flexible with scheduling our engagement session and the pictures were amazing! On my wedding day, Jana stayed until the very end of the reception- something my family and friends took notice of and was impressed by! When I got my final images (and she was quick to send "sneak peaks" and previews shortly after the wedding, I could not have been more pleased. She captured our wedding beautifully on film and the images were breathtaking! Family members and friends can't stop raving about them over a month later! If you want great wedding photos, you want Jana taking them : )