Jan Boyd Calligraphy Reviews

7 | West Roxbury, MA

7 Reviews for Jan Boyd Calligraphy

Katie · Married on 08/02/2015

Jan did a beautiful job of addressing our wedding invitations. She was extremely responsive and quick, and she also quickly re-addressed two envelopes that needed very small changes. I really enjoyed working with her on these and loved the finished product.

Sent on 10/14/2015

Jen · Married on 07/19/2014

I used Jan Boyd Calligraphy for my wedding invitations and place cards. She did a beautiful job on both. My colors were purple and gray, so Jan made a charcoal gray color, which matched the color of the invitations. She has a variety of calligraphy fonts to choose from. I also did not like how the “r” was formed in one font so she was able to use the “r” from another font with the main font that I liked. She was very professional and completed the work in a short time frame. She was very quick to respond to any emails and questions I had. I would absolutely recommend using Jan Boyd Calligraphy.

Sent on 10/31/2014

Jan Boyd Calligraphy's reply:

Thanks so much Jen. It was a pleasure working with you!

Stephanie · Married on 01/03/2014

At the last minute I realized my plan for my inner envelopes was not going to work. I called Jan fairly last minute and asked her if she could do just my inner envelopes and she was super accommodating. Great prices (the best price I was actually quoted) and she had upwards of 20 different "fonts" to choose from. She ended up matching her calligraphy lettering to the script used in my invitations so that it would match and got it done super quickly on short notice. I would definitely recommend Jan again!

Sent on 11/03/2013

Vanessa · Married on 12/13/2013

I discovered Jan through "Style Me Pretty". We were so pleased with our beautiful invitations that she designed. We wanted invitations that were simple, but elegant and Jan's calligraphy was perfect. She was very responsive, provided several samples, and had great advice. I highly recommend Jan!

Sent on 02/24/2014
  • O

Olivia · Married on 10/19/2013

Jan is the most incredible artist and she couldn't be more lovely to work with. Her work is simply stunning--we literally had guests calling us when they received our invitations to tell us how amazing the calligraphy was. I even had a friend frame it. You will be so pleased with the work that she does, and I could not recommend her more highly.

Sent on 09/10/2013

Sheila · Married on 10/20/2012

Jan did the calligraphy for my wedding invitation envelopes and they came out beautiful. We met with her to review her many samples and she provided many suggestions on what would look best for me. She was very professional and I enjoyed working with her. I would recommend her services to anyone planning a wedding or other event.

Sent on 04/22/2013

0.4
      0.5

I highly recommend not using Jan Boyd Calligraphy. She is incredibly difficult to work with and will do your calligraphy ON HER OWN time with no regard to your schedule. Furthermore she will harass you after the work is done!

We made it clear that we needed the calligraphy done for our invitations within a week and paid extra to have the order rushed. There were only a small number of names (approximately 20) for her to write so this should have been done WITHIN A DAY. We were forced to continually email her and try to get in touch with her in order to get her to send us the invitations. She finally sent them to us, but only after MANY emails, and they arrived at our place at least a week and a half late. Obviously, this made the process of sending out our invitations incredibly stressful.

To make matters worse, she sent us an incredibly strange and offensive string of emails later about money that we "owed" her and never paid (a very small amount approximately $3). She did not realize that we paid her the full amount and that Paypal takes a fee out of transactions. She continued to harass us even after we explained that incredibly clearly to us and eventually we were able to prove to her that we paid the full amount by showing her the email Paypal sent us about our payment.

Sent on 11/14/2013

Jan Boyd Calligraphy's reply:

I am so sorry that this customer was unhappy. I completely accept my confusion with the payments. I was not accustomed to using pay pal and completely missed that a payment had been made. I thought we resolved it fairly quickly and I don't believe that the emails were harassment at all - that was definitely not my intention, nor did it seem that they were taken that way at the time. I wish that this customer had contacted me directly with her concerns rather than publish them months after the work was completed so we could have resolved this amicably.