James Darmawan Photography Reviews

James Darmawan Photography 4
  • Kristen

Kristen Broeren · Married on 01/26/2019

Best choice in photographer

My husband and I used James for our engagement and wedding photos. We couldn't have been happier with our choice! James was so easy to work with, had creative pose ideas and just made us feel comfortable the whole time. Even during our wedding I had guests come up to me and compliment on how nice the personable he was and how they were excited to see his pictures pictures. You can tell when working with James that he loves what he does, and it shows through in his photos. The photos turned out crisp and beautiful, we can't wait to display them. I would highly recommend James to anyone looking for a creative, personable and quality photographer.

Sent on 02/20/2019
    James Darmawan Photography 5
    James Darmawan Photography 6
    James Darmawan Photography 7
    James Darmawan Photography 8

James Darmawan Photography's reply:

Kristen, thank you for you kind review. It has been a pleasure working with both of you. Wish you guys the best in the future.

Cheers!
    James Darmawan

Theresa · Married on 09/15/2018

Flexibility and Incredible Value!

James made us feel comfortable and listened to our needs and visions from day one, beginning with our engagement session - taken in a blizzard! The day of the wedding, our outdoor photo plans were foiled by the worst mosquitoes the area has seen in years - and James still somehow managed to sneak in a few amazing shots even though I swear we couldn't have been standing still for more than a second or two at a time with how often we were swatting at mosquitoes. I can't say enough good things about the flexibility and value James provides!

Sent on 01/06/2019

Andrea · Married on 09/01/2018

James is a great choice!

James was great to work with for our wedding! He matched our laid back style and had many great ideas for shots around downtown Green Bay. James and his assistant worked well together and they made it fun for us and the rest of the bridal party. James is very low stress which matched our personalities perfectly, which helped keep the day running smoothly and keep us happy throughout. We ended up with plenty of great shots without spending hours and hours taking pictures. He was wonderful at the reception as well and had no problem throwing together a giant family shot after our first dance, which we really appreciated! Finally, we were so happy with the photos when we received them. There were plenty to choose from but not an overwhelming amount, which is exactly what we wanted. If you are looking for a great wedding photographer in the Green Bay area, look no further!

Sent on 12/07/2018

James Darmawan Photography's reply:

Thank you Andrea for your kind words. It was such a pleasure working with you and Matt. You have such an awesome families and friends who came to your wedding day from all over the world. Thank you again for having me on your very special day.
    Best,
    James Darmawan
  • Z

Zack · Married on 06/30/2018

James is the best. Hands down. We booked James recently for a challenging dusk wedding with low lighting to work with and James captured the beauty and elegance in every photo. He is easy to work with, has amazing vision and creativity, and works hard to make sure you are 100% satisfied. If you're looking for a great photographer for any event - book James!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Rachel · event on 01/20/2018

Several reasons we went with James as our photographer! 1) He is great to work with- personable and flexible. If you have certain photo ideas in mind he will totally work with you, 2) the value you'll receive is awesome (his prices were FAR superior to other options we considered), 3) we loved our final photos, they are gorgeous! We will definitely book him again for our special occasions. You can't go wrong with James Darmawan, trust us! -Rachel & Colton

Sent on 02/21/2018
  • Abby

Abby · Married on 10/27/2017

We couldn't have picked a better photographer to capture our wedding day! James was so professional and easy to work with. From what we've seen so far, the pictures look amazing and he did great at getting pictures from 2 people who don't regularly get their photos taken and are sometimes awkward in front of the camera! We had a long list of photo requests and James and his assistant were so efficient and on top of getting all of the pictures we requested. We would definitely recommend booking him!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Alison · Married on 10/21/2017

I don't know where to start to describe our experience with James. Everything was perfect. Not only did we love James and his work, but I got so many compliments from guests about him, too! They liked that he was just an awesome person, they appreciated his ability to wrangle my ridiculous family, they were impressed that he had such a great eye from some small moments that were happening during the reception (people chatting, my dad and I sitting by a piano to take a break from dancing.)
    From our fun time during our engagement photos to the wedding day pictures, James captured every moment and made it so easy. I would recommend him to anyone and could see us getting together with James for any other life events we would want to capture!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Jacob · Married on 09/22/2017

I am so happy that I was able to book James as my wedding photographer! He was always available via emails and phone calls, even though I was planning my wedding from across the country and had a crazy work schedule. The day of the wedding was perfect: James was accommodating, professional, and the wedding photos turned out gorgeous! I would one hundred percent recommend James to everyone!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Leah · Married on 09/09/2017

James has a true passion and talent for what he does. My husband and I are very pleased with his work- our wedding pictures are gorgeous! James is very receptive to answering all questions and has a very quick response time. He's very friendly and professional. He travelled extra miles to capture our wedding day. Thank you James Darmawan Photography!!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Ashley · Married on 08/12/2017

James was great to work with. He was very accommodating, professional and kind. I forgot my necklace at the salon and his assistant went to get it for me during our ceremony--Above and beyond for sure! My husband and I both agreed that he was a great choice because of his style of photography and personality. I will use James again in the future and recommend him whenever possible.

Sent on 09/22/2017

Kelsey · Married on 08/11/2017

James was the best photographer ever. We pretty much went with him randomly after doing some research online and picked him based on the high-quality pictures on his website and affordable prices. James was extremely easy to work with the entire time from us initially reaching out to him, keeping in touch as the wedding was approaching, and on the big day. He was incredibly professional and kind throughout all our interactions. Some of the members of our wedding party referred to him as "the most laid-back photographer" they had ever seen. We got our pictures back within 3 weeks and they are absolutely beautiful. He gave us a USB with our photos which gave us the freedom to share them and print them as we wish. If you are looking for a photographer who delivers amazing photos without breaking the bank, I would 100% recommend James.

Sent on 09/06/2017

miranda · Married on 08/05/2017

James was an amazing photographer and had creative ideas. Every picture turn out great and we had so much fun taking them!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Alicia and Jason · Married on 03/03/2017

Our family has gotten the pleasure of working with James on more than a couple of occasions already and the most recent experience was for our own wedding ceremony and reception. James is very accommodating and extremely flexible, he took shots for us in multiple locations over two days and arrived early both days and came ready to work! James is extremely professional, takes his time, and makes everyone comfortable, and ALWAYS gets the best shots every time. He is a true artist and each of his photographs are works of art. Our family will definitely be working with James again in the future, he is always going to be our go to picture guy!! A huge THANK YOU James for another job well done. If your looking for an outstanding photographer to capture you special moments, trust us, hands down ... James is your guy!!!

Sent on 03/21/2017

nicole · Married on 10/08/2016

James did our photo booth at our wedding and was absolutely AMAZING! He was super quick at responding back to me, which made planning an out of state wedding helpful! He provided me with advice that would meet our needs of an outdoor wedding truly went above and beyond to make sure our needs were met. The attendants running the photo booth were awesome! I actually forgot to provide double sided tape, so during the down time, the attendants ACTUALLY went to the store to get it for me! The pictures and props were great quality and I am looking forward to looking at them and remember the fun times all our guest had using the photo booth!

Thank you James for being amazing!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Amy · Married on 07/02/2016

James is an amazing professional photographer who goes above and beyond to get the job done and your wedding day worries go away, I would highly recommend him to anyone who is getting married or other pics.

Sent on 09/06/2017

Cassie · Married on 05/28/2016

James did an amazing job taking photos at our wedding. I love all the photos he took. Everyone complimented his professionalism and photography skills. We would love to work with him in the future and recommend him for any photography needs.

Sent on 07/13/2016
  • User5191464 · 2+ years ago

James was awesome to work with! He made sure that we got every single shot we wanted, and was creative with us as well. He made our wedding day so special and now we have all of the memories to cherish!

Sent on 05/24/2016

James was so enjoyable to work with. Not one complaint with his photography services. From the moment we met with him he was professional but was very personable. We didn't feel like just another client. James was organized and very helpful with the process from start to finish. Our pictures turned out amazing, he has a good eye in photography and very creative. Also he ended up staying at our wedding an extra hour to make sure that we had gotten plenty of pictures throughout the dances. I would recommend him to anyone wanting a wonderful photography experience on their special day! Thank you James!

Sent on 01/11/2016

Natalie · Married on 08/15/2015

James was wonderful!! He and his assistant were so easy to work with and had great ideas! We absolutely love our photos and had so much fun taking them. I would highly recommend his service as I feel we got great quality at a reasonable price. I've had a couple friends book with him already after seeing our photos and will keep recommending him to anyone looking for a photographer or getting married. James's effort to remember our names and our friend's names at other events was impressive and really put that personal touch on a business relationship. We've received so many compliments on our photos and are very happy with everything!

Samantha · Married on 07/18/2015

James is the best photographer in the area!!! I did a lot of research on a photographer prior to my wedding. This was one area that was really important to me. I wanted creative professional looking pictures, and boy did he deliver! He was not the cheapest photographer available, but you definitely get what you pay for. I was ok paying a little bit more for my special day to get what I wanted. You can't go back and redo photo mistakes after the fact and I had no reason to worry with James! I opted to purchase a second photographer for $400 and feel this was money well spent! Many people in my wedding party and family commented on how nice and professional James was throughout my wedding. He was able to organize my rather large family for group pictures with out coming across as a drill Sgt. He constantly checked the list I provided to him to make sure all the shots that I wanted he took. I even had some creative pinterest photos and he was able to take those as well! He was quick at communicating with me prior to my wedding. He answered all my questions and was very open to my ideas. Turn around for pictures afterwards was quick! Plus he mails you a CD of the prints! I can't say enough good things about him!

Megan · Married on 05/30/2015

James was wonderful to work with. We got married at Lambeau Field and he was just as excited as we were to make sure we captured our wedding day perfectly. He was very flexible as we live in Milwaukee and communicated a great deal via email/phone. James is fun to work with and had ease working with our wedding party. Our pictures were ready promptly and they all turned out great! My husband and I are now fortunate to call James a friend who will hopefully be able to capture moments again for us someday!

Sent on 01/11/2016

Breanna · Married on 10/04/2014

James was a wonderful wedding photographer! He was very receptive to our wants and wishes for types of pictures taken, venues for photos, and the variety of photos we wanted! He had very creative ideas, which we appreciated! One picture he asked us to get off the back of the bus (right after we had gotten on), and at first we were a little confused as to why. The picture he took once we had gotten off the bus is by far our favorite shot, and he knew it would be well worth me climbing back off the bus for that photo! We recieved our wedding photos within two weeks tops, and the quality was fantastic! He provided us with a disc, which included the rights to our photos, which was awesome! We also were given over 500 pictures, which is a crazy amount of photos! I would definitely hire James again for another photography job!

Sent on 01/10/2016

James was awesome! He did a wonderful job and was very flexible with us all throughout the wedding planning process and the wedding day. His price was very reasonable and the quality of his work was fantastic. Our families were also impressed with James' professionalism and how creative he was with his ideas. We are super happy with all of our photos. All of the prints we have had made have turned out very well, including a 16x24 canvas print of our favorite shot. We plan on using James in the future for our photography needs, he is great!

Sent on 10/18/2013

Kori · Married on 08/10/2013

My photos are beautiful and very unique! There were so many to choose from so I could get the perfect pose in every one! James is very attentive and professional. Trust me its hard to find a photographer with this kind of ability at such a low price. I would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 09/05/2013