J'aime Bridal Reviews

J'aime Bridal 3
J'aime Bridal 4
J'aime Bridal 5

Tiffany · Married on 07/05/2008

I looked at many stores before I found "the dress." J'aime provided the best service of all the stores I went to. They also have a gorgeous selection of dresses- also the best I encountered. I bought my dress from them and was very satisified (and beautiful in the gown!:)

Sent on 09/26/2008

Andrea · Married on 01/12/2008

I loved J'aime bridal. It is a small shop, so you aren't overwhelmed by a million dresses. What I liked best about it, though, was the fact that I could try on any dress and not have a $10,000 tag on the one I liked. The focus on reasonable prices (mostly under $2000) was a big plus for me. The staff was amazing and I wasn't worried about anything. Highly Recommended.

Sent on 06/07/2008

AShlee · Married on 07/27/2007

Hands down, the best vendor I worked with. You will NOT find a better place to get your dress in the area. Best customer service I have ever received in my life. Jamie is fantastic, everything was quick, easy, and pleasant. I bought my bridal gown there, as well as the bridesmaid dresses, flower girl dress, and mother of the groom dress. Also great for shoes, tiaras, veils, etc. Good discount for bridesmaids when you buy your dress.

Sent on 11/07/2007

J'aime Bridal was fantastic! They were very attentive as I tried on a myriad of dresses, and incredibly patient with my indecisiveness. I thought I knew what I was looking for, and liked all of the dresses they pulled for me, but none of them were just right. Then my bridal consultant (who was also J'aime's owner) asked me to try on a dress that was a little different than what I had been requesting- and it was perfect! I ended up with a Maggie Soretto in champagne with an ivory lace overlay. Not at all what I was expecting! I highly recommend J'aime Bridal to help you find your perfect dress.

Sent on 07/05/2015

Jeff · Married on 05/24/2014

My wife got her beautiful wedding dress here. She shopped around to a few shops across the East Bay at several price points and we realized they were all about the same. But once she found the dress she wanted, we were able to find it at the best value here.
    And this shop was highly recommended to us as well.
    Great and attentive service through the whole process including stream and press. Allowed us to store the dress there until seamstress was ready. Recommended an awesome seamstress, Janis, as well from our local area

Sent on 07/21/2014

melissa · Married on 06/11/2011

I was very happy with my experience at J'aime Bridal. I was able to find my wedding dress on my first try! They had so many different designs and options to choose from and they were all reasonably priced. I can't tell you how many compliments I got on my dress at our wedding. J'aime bridal also offered many deals for my dress and gave me 20% off my bridemaids' dresses for getting them there. They do get extremely busy on weekends so make sure to make an appointment. I know some of my bridesmaids went in to get measured without an appointment and had to wait a while. I highly recommend J'aime Bridal!!

Sent on 06/21/2011

Amara · Married on 07/25/2009

Wonderful! They were very flexible, and even though I was a little late on ordering my dress (about a month and a half before the wedding) they made sure it arrived on time, and that my bustle and hem was done at the best price you can find. They Just changed locations so here is their new info: 719 Main St Downtown Pleasanton, CA 925-846-8459

Sent on 08/04/2009

Krista · Married on 10/18/2008

Great service! This was the first place I went and I was preparing myself for sticker shock but I was shocked when I got there at how great the prices were. I was able to try on dresses and pick what I liked without looking at price tags and making a decision before I even put the dress on. They let me take pictures of myself in the dress (I hear a lot of places won't let you.) Amy the consultant who was helping me let me try on as many dresses as I needed to and was very helpful and patient. I would highly recommend you check this place out!

Sent on 10/30/2008

Christina · Married on 11/25/2007

The only down side for me was that I could get my dress altered on site. Otherwise, I was thrilled! Everyone went out of the way to help me and my girls. Jaime even ordered my bridesmaid dress so I could see if to be sure and only charged me cost. I have since recommended many friends to J'aime and they have all purchased their bridal attire there because of the service and the more affordable prices. One girlfriend of mine found her dress at another store and bought it from J'aime because it was $500 less!

Sent on 02/11/2008

Rachael · Married on 08/19/2006

Jaime is so great! Her boutique is small and comfortable and she has a good selection of the hottest wedding dresses available! We had our rehearsal lunch in the backyard behind her shop and it was PERFECT!!! Absolutely adorable! Also, Jaime does day-of wedding coordination and it was some of the best money I spent. Jaime kept my whole day running smoothly and I didn't have to worry about a thing. She's extremely sweet and flexible. Go see her!!

Sent on 11/27/2007

Kathryn · Married on 08/20/2016

I purchased my wedding dress here and love it! They were very helpful and patient (I went 3 times to try on the same dress). I would definitely recommend stopping here when looking for a wedding dress.

Sent on 12/07/2016
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 08/08/2015

J'aime Bridal was the first place that I went to when I started looking for wedding dresses. It is local and it had really high ratings. I was really happy with everything about my visit. When we first walked in, there was a chalk sign that welcomed all the brides by name, which was a nice touch, and we were greeted right away. My consultant was great, especially since it was my first time trying on dresses. I showed her pictures of what I wanted and she brought me exactly those dresses. Unfortunately, I didn't like any of those dresses. My cousins actually picked out a random dress that I tried on and loved. It is really true what people say, you always like the dress you think you will not like! I loved this dress. I haven't bought my dresses but I am debating between this one and another one. My consultant let me try on different belts and even brought over bridesmaid dresses in my color so I could see what it looked like next to my dress. Overall, this place was great. I felt really welcomed by everyone, the store is beautiful and in downtown Pleasanton which is a plus and they have great dresses and accessories for a great price. If you live in or around the Tri-Valley, I highly recommend this place!

Sent on 01/03/2015

Caitlin · Married on 10/20/2013

J'aime Bridal was the third bridal store I tried, and I'm so glad I did! I was able to make an appointment for about a week after I called (I wanted to come in on a busy weekend), so by that point I had had the opportunity to check out two other stores in the area and really narrow down what I was looking for (an A-line, all lace gown with a sweetheart neckline - I ended up going with a beautiful Maggie Sottero gown for my October 2013 wedding). Every associate I worked with throughout the process of selecting and ordering my wedding dress as well as my bridesmaids' dresses (for which my girls got a discount since I had ordered my own dress through them) was extremely kind and polite - even to the owner, Jaime, herself - whom I worked with on several occasions. There was no pressure to buy and they were extremely patient with me wanting to come back in 2-3 times after selecting my dress so that I could get the input of various friends and family members, as well as during the several additional trips in after that to get all of my bridesmaids fitted and confident of their choices. The entire ordering process went very smoothly, with all of the gowns even coming in a few weeks in advance of the estimated date!

Sent on 02/08/2014

Court ey · Married on 06/23/2013

We worked with Maren and she was wonderful! After looking far and near for a dress at a reasonable price, I found mine here. The owner is very attentive to quality of service, which I appreciated.

Sent on 09/20/2013
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 08/06/2011

I have to admit that I am one of those brides who took an insane amount of time to decide on a dress. I think that I visited a grand total was 13 stores, all around the Bay Area. Jaime's was the last one I went to before my mom and wedding party cut me off. I'm not really a girl-girl, and wearing dresses is rare for me, so it took me a bit to truly understand what I wanted from the most important dress I would ever wear.

My first appointment at Jaime was with Maureen, and she was once of the nicest and most helpful attends I had anywhere. She listened to what I wanted and made recommendations. My budget, BTW, was around $1000 and there were plenty of dresses at Jaime in my price range. I tried on the dress I ended up with early in the day, but I had seen so many dresses by that point I didn't really appreciate how well it fit and how good it looked until later. After another appointment a Jaime as well as a few more appointments at dress stores I had been at previously, it was getting down the wire and I needed to make a decision. After consulting my most trusted crew and doing some soul-searching, I decided that the Casablanca 1909 dress in Ivory from Jaime was going to be "the one". And no, I never had that "OMG, I have to have this dress" moment, really. I want to stress to other brides that are feeling bad about this that it's possible to fall in love with a dress you like AFTER you've tried it on a few times.

My only hesitation with the dress that I chose was that it didn't have a sweetheart neckline, which I thought was the most flattering on me. I was willing to see if it could be done after the fact, and told myself that I liked the dress well enough, anyway. Luckily, after trying it on AGAIN and asking if a new neckline could be done, I was told that it absolutely could! For a mere $75 extra, I could get the company to make it custom, and have the neckline I really wanted! I also got my veil that day as well, because they had one that matched the dress so perfectly.

I was pleased with the service and the 20% discount on bridesmaid dresses that I ended up getting my bridesmaid dresses there as well. They have a large selection and were as friendly and helpful to my girls as they had been to me, which I appreciated.

Since I had waited so long to choose my dress and got custom work done, it was literally down to the last three weeks before my wedding until my dress arrived. I was admittedly freaking out a bit, and called Jaime consistently to see if everything was okay I emailed as well, but found them less responsive via that method. When it did finally come in, I got it altered in two weeks and it was ready to be picked up three days before my wedding. It needed a bustle, to be taken in a bit, and sadly a hem, which cost the most. I'm not sure if it's just standard on ball gown styles to be long in case you want a huge petticoat, but my petticoat was medium-full and I still needed it hemmed an inch even though Jaime took my height. The timing was close, for sure, but Jaime calmly worked with me throughout the whole process and really came through.

Aside from me making the wedding dress process stressful my own accord, I had a really good experience with Jaime. They are friendly, helpful and truly care about finding you a dress that will look great on your wedding day. If you're just starting or still floundering like I was, give them a try!

Sent on 08/22/2011

Rebekah · Married on 03/29/2009

The staff at Jamie Bridal was easy and very fun to work with. I ordered my dress and my bridesmaids and flower girl dresses from them. No problems at all with the dresses.

Sent on 09/19/2009

Kari · Married on 03/29/2008

Dress was beautiful. Bought it at a Watters trunk show and received a discount. Staff easygoing and non-pressuring. Bought veil here as well and regretted it...found a similar one online for less. Would definitely recommend this store to friends.

Sent on 10/03/2008

Carolyn · Married on 04/10/2015

Nice variety of gowns and consultants who help you find items within you price point. Ended up selecting a dress I never would have tried on if not for the consultants suggestion! Very prompt answering any questions you may have and kept in communication throughout the order and delivery process.

Sent on 05/01/2015

Alison · Married on 12/29/2017

J’aime Bridal was the first and only place I went to buy my wedding dress. I had my appointment one year before the wedding, and honestly, I was extremely impressed! I worked with Jaime, and at first, I felt a little overwhelmed. I had never before been wedding dress shopping, and I only had a slight idea of what I was looking for. My guests and I pulled a few dresses I might like, and I tried them on. After each one, I explained to Jaime what I did and did not like. In total, I tried on six dresses. After the final pick that my guests and I had pulled, Jaime disappeared and came back with my dress, Maggie Sottero’s Emma. Jaime had listened to everything I said and managed to pull the dress that incorporated everything that I liked! I bought the dress that day! Jaime also helped me pick out a veil, which I purchased later in the process. Jaime was so helpful, and she clearly knows her products.
    I went to Janis Stob at December’s Child for my alterations. She has a shop right next to J’aime Bridal. Janis was fantastic! We had three appointments total, and by the end, my dress fit perfectly and was finished with plenty of time before the wedding. Janis also helped me pick a necklace! I’m so glad I got my dress here, and I would highly recommend both businesses for wedding dress shopping and alterations.

Sent on 03/30/2018
  • User2033670 · 2+ years ago

I loved dress shopping here. They carry sizes that worked with my curvy shape and we found my dress in less than an hour! They have amazing customer service and stove to make everyone happy!

Sent on 04/07/2013

Monica & Jojo · Married on 10/02/2010

3.0

Very cute remodeled boutique... They have a great selection of dresses for affordable prices. I ordered a dress from them by Marisa. They didn't actually carry a sample of the dress I wanted, but they were able to order any design by Marisa. I was able to buy the dress from J'aime Bridal for $800 less than the boutique where I tried it on. Although they don't have their own seamstress, they referred me to a great seamstress a few blocks away. My only complaint is that they aren't responsive to emails. You need to leave them voice messages.

Sent on 10/17/2010
  • Mrs.Crudale

Jessica · Married on 06/20/2009

It had been a long day of disappointing dress shopping. My mom and I went to a few bridal shops including David's Bridal which was the WORST customer service I have ever received anywhere. On our way home I was so discouraged and my mom remembered this small bridal boutique in downtown Pleasanton which is located across the street from where my husband and I got engaged. I really didn't want to do any more shopping, but I let my mom talk me into just stopping by to look. We didn't have an appointment and there was a couple other brides there, but the staff was so sweet and even let me try on a few dresses. I was shocked!!! It was so cute and the dress shop was just the perfect atmosphere of what a boutique should be! They had so many amazing dresses that I was overwhelmed and all had such reasonable prices compared to others I have tried. My spirits were lifted!!! We made an appointment and I returned probably 4 times to try on different dresses, each time finding one that I like more. They were super flexible and accommodating. When I finally found the dress of my dreams it was part of a trunk show so it had $100 off the tag price. I went home and researched prices and theirs was the cheapest ANYWHERE the dress was $1300+ anywhere else and it was listed for $1100 at J'aime. It was slightly over my price limit, but Jamie worked with me and gave me a deal as long as I bought my bridesmaids dresses there which wasn't difficult since there were a lot to choose from. I also ordered my shoes there which were surprisingly comfortable and dyed to match my "antique" ivory dress. The only set back we had was with the flower girl dress. It came in and was much too small. So we reordered. The next one was longer, but still too tight so they reordered again only someone forgot to send the order. 3 weeks before the wedding and I didn't know what to do. The owner Jamie offered to take the dress and alter it herself (it just needed to be let out a little) at no extra cost. Come the day of everything was perfect and all worked out!!! Thanks J'aime =)

Sent on 07/10/2009

Shelly · Married on 08/30/2008

Found my dream dress at J'aime's. I never would have tried it on if the sales person hadn't brought it to me in the dressing room.

Sent on 02/14/2011
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 05/10/2008

I got my bridesmaid dresses here and I loved them so much. Jamie was so great to work with and she was very helpful. The dresses came in a timely manner where we still had time to get them altered if needed. They came in perfect condition and I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 01/25/2009

Mary · Married on 06/29/2014

I got my wedding dress from this store back in September. They were very nice and even gave me $100 off my dress because I was considering a different dress from another store that was cheaper. When my dress arrived they helped me set up an appointment with a great alterations lady. Overall I had a much better experience here than several other bridal stores I went to, and would recommend it to anyone in the area!

Sent on 07/19/2014