Jade Turgel photography Reviews

Jade Turgel photography 6
Jade Turgel photography 7
  • Shawna

Shawna Hettrich · Getting married on 04/25/2020

Professional and Easy to Work With!

My fiance and I just did our engagement photo shoot with Jade! I was lucky enough to meet her when I was a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding and Jade was the photographer! After seeing her work at the wedding, and her ease and personably personalitiy and professionalism I knew that I had to book her for my wedding when I became engaged the following year! When working with her during the engagement shoot my fiance was very nervous about taking pictures as he doesn't like to be in the "spotlight" and he walked away feeling comfortable and confident. She caputured great lighting and worked very well with our "furbaby" in many of the pictures as well!

I cannot wait to work with Jade at our wedding as I know she will make our day easy, and special!!!!

Sent on 06/23/2019

Tashi · Married on 08/25/2018

My fiance and I recently worked with Jade for our engagement shoot. We were both nervous and on edge driving up to meet her but she gave us plenty of direction so I didn't even have to think or worry about what I was doing or how I should pose etc. She even helped us pick places to shoot. We felt very comfortable! Jade was prompt with getting our photos back to us and we were so excited to see them! The lighting is just beautiful and natural and exactly what I wanted. Jade is also just lovely to be around/chit chat with! Can't wait to work together again on our wedding day!

Sent on 05/30/2018
    Jade Turgel photography 8

Christina · Married on 05/26/2018

Jade did a phenomenal job capturing the story of our love and who we are as a couple in both our engagement and wedding photos! Fortunately, we didn't have to meet with any other photographers after sitting down with Jade for the first time to discuss our photography needs. There was an instant connection and she was so personable that after an hour of chatting we almost forgot why we were meeting in the first place! It's clear that Jade loves what she does as we went on quite a journey to different locations to shoot our engagement photos, chasing the "Golden Hour" to get the perfect shots and turning a super windy day into fantastic photo opportunities. Our engagement pictures were incredible but the experience is what we talk about most! Our wedding photos literally blew our minds and our guests' minds! Those who were unable to attend practically felt like they were there after viewing our pictures. Jade captured every single detail in the most elegant fashion. Her turn around time for photos is quick and within a month we were reliving our entire wedding frame by frame, laughing, crying, dancing, in complete joy at the beauty of the biggest day of our lives. Thank you, Jade, for an incredible experience and gorgeous photos that we will cherish for a lifetime!

Sent on 07/18/2018

Tina · Married on 01/06/2018

Jade did an amazing job with our wedding photos! She was able to capture the big moments and the smaller more intimate moments and everything in between! She was fun, flexible and fit right in with the rest of our amazing wedding guests! She was so easy to talk to and helped make my husband and I feel so comfortable in front of the camera. We looked at several other photographers but kept coming back to Jade due to her exquisite eye for taking beautiful photos, her charm, and her ability to truly connect with us. Although we had already taken our engagement photos, Jade offered us a complimentary session prior to our wedding to allow us to get to know each other better and to get a better feel for what we wanted out of our photos. Every photo she took of us was stunning and we couldn't be happier. We would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer for their wedding!

Sent on 03/30/2018

Lindsay · Married on 01/01/2018

Jade did an incredible job with our wedding photos! I could not be more satisfied. Every photo is beautiful, magical and dreamy. I do not consider myself a very relaxed person (or bride) when in front of a camera, so I was a little concerned I wouldn't love my photos during the shoot, but Jade was a pro and able to capture authentic moments, smiles, and genuine interactions (despite what felt like forced cheesy grins). Thank you Jade for the capturing these cherished memories... You're the best!

Sent on 01/16/2018
    Jade Turgel photography 16
    Jade Turgel photography 17
    Jade Turgel photography 18

Jade Turgel photography's reply:

It was a total pleasure being part of your beautiful and intimate wedding day. So happy you liked the images!!

Catherine · Married on 10/29/2017

I am so thrilled to have Jade Turgel for our wedding! We hired her to do our engagement session and wedding, and we just received our engagement photos. I knew that I would love them, based on Jade’s portfolio of work that I had seen. But these even exceeded my expectations, they were everything I wanted and more! In addition to the beautiful end product, the experience during the session was great. My fiancé is not one that likes to be in front of a camera, and Jade made him feel so comfortable. He was reluctant before the session started, and by the end, he actually said that he has a fun time! He loved Jade’s laid pack personality, she did such a great job capturing “us”. The wedding is comping up in a few months, and now I am even more excited for the big day knowing that Jade will be capturing it all! Update after the wedding - working with Jade on our wedding day was amazing! She was so wonderful and helpful to make sure we got all of the pictures that we wanted, both posed and candid. And at the same time, she was never "in the way" and it never felt like we had a photographer in our face. We were able to enjoy our ceremony and day, and could feel confident that Jade was capturing all of the special moments. Our photos turned out beautiful! Thank you, Jade!

Sent on 07/30/2017

Josephine · Married on 09/23/2017

We are so happy with Jade's work. She is incredibly personable and made us feel comfortable in front of the camera. She clearly has a lot of experience and beautifully guided the proceedings of the day.
    The final images turned out amazing! We're so happy with how Jade captured intimate details - blending into the group and getting close to the special moments.
    We would highly recommend Jade to anyone looking for a photographer. We will treasure her pictures for years to come!

Sent on 11/18/2017

Manuel · Married on 09/09/2017

Stop looking for a photographer! Jade is your best choice! She will capture the essence is your love and your special day! And you will be surprised with the unexpected! This special lady has a gift. Your going to fall in love over and over again! Our gratitude will last a lifetime! Enjoy your special day! Mike and Manny

Sent on 10/05/2017

Brittany · Married on 09/03/2017

I can't say enough great things about Jade! She was an incredible joy to work with on our wedding day. We looked at over 10 photographers and what stood out most was her communication, her talent, her passion, and her ability to be so calm and professional throughout the chaos a wedding can sometimes bring. We appreciated her willingness to meet with us before signing a contract and her communication during the month leading up to the big day. She also provided such wonderful thoughts and feedback during our pre-wedding walk through for ideas of pictures and the best timing during the day for lighting. One of the moments that really shows how she goes above and beyond is when we saw her assisting our DJ to make sure the announcements went smoothly. Our DJ had trouble with pronunciations and she had no problem helping with corrections. I love that! Such a proactive attitude to help make our day that much more special.

Jade has a gift for balancing natural candids and formal shots to truly capture the story of your wedding. Every time I look at our photos I feel like I get to relive our special day.

Sent on 02/13/2018
    Jade Turgel photography 19
    Jade Turgel photography 20
    Jade Turgel photography 21
    Jade Turgel photography 22
    Jade Turgel photography 23
    Jade Turgel photography 24

Jade Turgel photography's reply:

Thank you Brittany! It was such an honor to be chosen to document such an important, emotional, fun and completely heartfelt day in your lives!! I loved every moment, from the grazing deer we saw, to your beautiful first look when Michael surprised you with the most beautiful bouquet to the wild fun of you two being hoisted on chairs! Thank you again :)

Lauren · Married on 07/08/2017

Having Jade as our photographer was delightful. She is an incredibly talented, easy going, artistic, and down-to-earth photographer. We had her capture our wedding day in the beautiful redwoods of Northern California's Mt. Tamalpais and her photos were what I dreamed of and much more. We had never taken Jade to our venue before, but she knew just where to go on the trails for the best lighting and environmental set ups. Taking our stroll together through the redwoods with Jade tagging along in the background was one of my favorite parts of the whole day. She took exceptional shots while leaving us space to relax and unwind together. She never told us what we "should" do, but was an incredible guide nonetheless. She took great photos during our ceremony and amazingly I barely noticed she was even there (because we have incredible photos that tell the story!) I would recommend her in a heartbeat. She was such a pleasure to work with, and helped make the photo aspect of the day go as smoothly as possible! So many guests came up to me at the wedding to tell me how cool my photographer was, and that they could tell she was a great find!!! I couldn't agree more. Please consider working with Jade for your wedding as she'll surely do her very best to capture the perfect reflections of your most precious moments. We will treasure our photographs always. Thank you Jade!

Sent on 08/20/2017

Jessica · Married on 06/24/2017

Beyond delighted with choosing Jade to capture our wedding day! I met Jade at a wedding expo and immediately loved her kind heart and eye for beautiful photography! We ended up having her shoot our engagement session and our wedding, we could not have been more pleased with the photos that will last us a lifetime! Jade is also very sweet, fun, and effective - I would highly recommend her for any and all photography needs anyone has!

The other amazing thing about Jade is her ability to make you feel comfortable in front of a camera! My husband is very shy and she was so great with him, helping him feel comfortable by being himself was invaluable and as a result we have gorgeous photos!

Another, highlight is her excellent communication skills! From pre-planning months ahead of time via email to the photo plan she helped us create I felt this was the most seamless part of the entire wedding planning thanks to Jade!

Sent on 08/15/2017

thank you Jess!!

You two were one of the couples that make my job the best!!!

Lindsey · Married on 06/23/2017

Jade did a fabulous job photographing our wedding. We couldn't be happier. We can't stop looking at our photos because we look like professional models. LOL I don't know how she did it. The best thing about Jade is that she truly captured the romance and silliness that we share as a couple. She tells a story with her photos, and we are so thankful she captured our wedding story in all of her photographs.

Sent on 07/27/2017

Jade Turgel photography's reply:

Thanks Lyndsey! The two of you were total wedding rockstars! Made my job easy and I had a blast doing it. Thank you again for giving me the honor of documenting such a special and amazing day in your life!!

Katharine · Married on 06/04/2017

Jade was able to capture the light and colors exactly as I remember them being, she has a amazing gift for seeing the details and getting them just right. She is also amazing in the way that she is always there and capturing every moment, but also never in the way...I don't remember seeing her all night long and yet have these amazing memories to show that she was. She was kind, easygoing and professional. I can't say enough, she is the best!

Sent on 07/25/2017

Amanda · Married on 05/07/2016

Jade was great! The photos were beautiful, and exactly what I wanted. She is willing to work within your budget, and all of the photos are included with the fee (you don't have to purchase them separately).

Sent on 06/09/2016

Julia · Married on 09/12/2015

We asked Jade to photograph our wedding in Gualala CA last month on September 12th. She happily obliged after meeting with us in Bodega Bay instead of us having to make the trek all the way to Sebastopol. What a sweetie! We did not take advantage of the inclusive engagement photo shoot as we had already had them taken before hiring Jade. So we did not see each other until the wedding day although kept in touch with logistics through email leading up to the day. We were married on my Father's property surrounded by family and friends and Jade fit into the mix beautifully! Her artistic eye was perfect in capturing the architecture of my Father's house which is a labor of love for him. She even got a photo of the butterfly that graced us with its presence as I walked down the aisle with my Dad! All in all I could not sing her enough praises! She was so easy to work with and enthusiastic about our photo ideas and made sure she captured photos of everything we wanted. We are in love with our photos and the memories she captured. Thank you Jade!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Kimbria · Married on 10/18/2014

I would recommend Jade to anyone who is looking for a professional photographer. Jade met with me and my husband before the ceremony so we could get to know each other and discuss the direction we were looking for.
    So, the day of the wedding, it felt like we had our friend as our photographer.
    In the end, the pictures turned out beautiful. She has an amazing eye for color. She also knows how to incorporate the surroundings in an amazing and artistic way. (some of my favorite pics were in a graffit, dirty alley in the tenderloin!)
    If you can snatch her up for your wedding or special day- then it's your lucky day!

Sent on 11/15/2014

Jade Turgel photography's reply:

Thank You Kimbria! It was such an honor to be part of your amazing day. You chose everything with such attention to detail. The locations made my job so easy, the love was palpable.

Amazing! The photos were so great. More wonderful than we ever imagine. I was so impressed at how many joyful and beautiful moments she was able to capture. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Sent on 04/06/2015

Jade was lovely to work with! She came to the sight before hand, helped us plan all sorts of things I wouldn't have thought of, talked with us about what was important to us and worked with us on our budget. Jade was a positive addition to our day and took amazing photos! ~Thanks Jade :-)

Sent on 10/31/2014

Krysta · Married on 07/12/2014

Jade's work captures every moment you want and more! I am blown away at how many photos we have to choose from. The only problem is choosing our favorites because they are all so beautiful. I am still a little teary eyed after seeing the day through Jade's lens. I would recommend her to anyone looking to truly capture their day! Thank you Jade!!

Sent on 11/05/2014

Jade Turgel photography's reply:

Thank you for your kind words dear Krysta! Coming from an amazing artist as yourself, that means a lot. You were such a beautiful, fun and romantic couple to shoot with. It was effortless and inspirational. Thank you for choosing me to document such a sweet moment in your lives.

Carol · Married on 07/05/2014

Jade is a true artist and a joy to work with! I am the mother of the bride, so of course I wanted everything to be perfect for my daughter, and Jade definitely did her part. Jade was professional, kind, thorough, and so very patient! Every aspect of the wedding was photographed with so much style and creativity - she brought out the uniqueness of the event, and through her remarkable skills was able to portray the love that we were all feeling. Thank you, Jade, for capturing our memories in such a perfect way!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Jade Turgel photography's reply:

The day I met your lovely daughter, dressed in a beautiful red wedding dress, I knew I was in the right place! SO much love, color, fun and good vibes! Thank you for letting me be a part of the magic.

The pictures we received from Jade for both our wedding and our engagement were amazing. The "unexpected" pictures in Jade's inspired locations were the best. She was flexible enough to come to SF to take our engagement shots and do our wedding in Mendocino without any additional charge. She was kinda, professional and fun to work with. We recommended her to another friend after the wedding and they loved working with her too.

Sent on 11/02/2014

Marika · Married on 08/10/2013

Our wedding day could not have been more special, and we both owe a debt of gratitude to our wonderful photographer, Jade Turgel. As an bride from the East Coast, getting married on the West Coast, I had limited time to think about wedding logistics. Jade was there at every turn, taking magical photos that captured our day beautifully, offering professional guidance, and shepherding us through our day. Jade was able to use technology to make our process even easier – offering to moderate a pinterest page filled with photography ideas, and ensuring that even my craziest ideas (wedding party on a tractor!, jumping on a bed!) became beautiful realities. With a large wedding party and an even bigger family, Jade took time to ensure that special photographs weren’t missed --- I will treasure the photos of my grandmother forever.

We are so thankful for Jade and her team. Our wedding was spectacular as a result!

Sent on 12/03/2014

Brittany · Married on 08/13/2011

When planning our wedding photography was a top priority. I wanted beautiful photos to look back on. Jade Turgel delivered them. The way she made us "glow" with light was amazing. Jade was the right photographer to share in our day. She made me feel comfortable and beautiful. We continue to use her services!

Sent on 03/20/2015

Laura · Married on 08/12/2017

Jade exceeded expectations! After spending the last nine months communicating only over phone across the World I was a bit nervous that she wouldn't accurately capture our relationship. I should've never worried, she handled my huge family with calmness and ease and captured every moment. She communicated very quickly and was so easy to talk to despite having never met in person. My wedding day was all off schedule but she adjusted and calmed me down ensuring me the bride was never late. The attention to detail with lighting and natural landscape was captured creatively and uniquely. She encouraged us to be goofy and truly made me feel comfortable.

Sent on 09/07/2017