17 Reviews for Jacob Marries

17 Jacob Marries Reviews

So my fiancee and I visited LA to see our best friend who moved to the city from the UK 4 years ago and we decided to tie the knot and have our friend witness it. Our original plan was to have a low key thing at the Beverly Hills courthouse but upon getting our license we were told that they were fully booked.. Jacob came top of Google for officiants in our area so we made contact and he agreed to Wed us last minute (2 days notice!) and even offered to do it at the LA Observatory! And wow what an amazing experience it was! Jacob far exceeded our expectations and made our wedding truly memorable even if it was just us, our friend and lots of tourist spectators! I would recommend him in a heart beat... He will not disappoint you and will make it as memorable for you as it was for us!

Thanks Jacob for giving us fantastic memories of a truly unreal trip to LA made even more special by tying the knot whilst we were there.

Andy and Laura O'Donnell

Profile Picture Andy, 3/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jacob was great. He was flexible and accommodating. He allowed us to Skype our meeting with him since our busy schedule made it difficult to cross town to meet him. The shared GoogleDocs he uses to edit ceremonies is great since we could work on the ceremony together over a span of several months. He also has a large collection of samples of the different sections of the ceremonies that was great to pull ideas from. We got married outside of LA county but he was willing to travel to OC for our wedding at no additional cost in exchange for not traveling to our rehearsal. The ceremony could not have turned out better. It had all of our personal touches in it. Several of our guests approached us after the ceremony to ask us if we knew Jacob personally. Could not have asked for a better officiant.

Profile Picture Nancy, 8/1/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We are so very thankful we found Jacob! He was absolutely AMAZING! From the start, he always made himself available for us. He is super flexible and will do anything you feel comfortable with. We wanted him to get to know us on a personal level so our guest would be more involved. Per our request, he customized our vows the way we wanted them. He was super easy to work with and responded to all calls, texts and emails immediately. He is a TRUE professional. We noticed several things that most people don't realize that make a huge difference such as, Jacob moving out of the way for pictures after announcing us husband and wife. Our guest would not stop talking about how good he was and how they have never been so involved with what the officiant was actually saying lol. He was very expressive & passionate. He made our ceremony go smooth, enjoyable, & fun! I recommend anyone one that needs an officiant to use him, you'll be extremely satisfied. Thank you Jacob for going above and beyond for us and we will forever be grateful for everything you did for us! You made our dream ceremony into a reality!

Profile Picture Nick, 5/21/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jacob was fantastic! He was on time for our elopement ceremony but unfortunately we weren't! We ran about an hour and a half behind schedule and he was very flexible. He also went along with our last minute location change (to a nearby park). Jacob is very laid-back and has a calming presence. Our ceremony was short, sweet and exactly what we wanted. We would highly recommend Jacob for any wedding!

Profile Picture Robin, 5/5/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jacob was very professional leading up to the wedding. He helped a lot with the details of the ceremony and the legalities of the process. Beyond that, his personality was great, which made the ceremony more beautiful and elegant. We highly recommend Jacob!

Profile Picture Eri, 4/10/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We spoke and met with a few other officiants. None of them were as professional, genuine, and enthusiastic as Jacob. From the first time we spoke on the phone, we knew he'd be our guy. We met in person not long after the phone call and he got a feel for us and our story. Not long after that, he provided a ceremony that included a lot of the conversation we had in person. We made whatever changes we wanted and he was more than willing to offer his advice based on his experience. Jacob made the preparation incredibly easy and we had the ceremony we wanted. Every guest I spoke to complimented him, his delivery, and the words. He handled all of the paperwork. I strongly recommend Jacob for anyone who wants to have a great ceremony and be able to check off a significant portion of the wedding "to-do" list.

Profile Picture Scott, 3/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

The thing I love most about Jacob is that he takes wedding officiating into the 21st century. The ceremony script is sent to you on Google Docs and he allows you to edit it however you like. His default ceremony that he sends you to work off of is so beautiful that it almost brought me to tears when I first read it. I also paid him to do all the wedding license stuff for us and he literally made it as easy and carefree as possible. I am very grateful for his services! 5 out of 5 stars.

Profile Picture Cristina, 1/16/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I'm so glad we had Jacob to officiate our wedding on October 12, 2014. He was one of the only officiants I came across that didn't have extra charges for mileage, attending the rehearsal, etc. He was also very quick to respond to my emails. As soon as we met with him, I knew he was the right choice for us. Jacob started by asking us questions about ourselves and how we met, and got to know us. He then walked through each section of the ceremony and allowed us to have input from start to finish.

One of my favorites things during our ceremony was the fact that Jacob held the mic up to us as we were repeating our vows. I've been to so many weddings where you can't hear the couple or anything going on except for what the officiant is saying. I highly recommend Jacob to couples who are searching for an officiant for their special day!

Profile Picture Anahid, 10/12/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

What can I say?! PERFECT!!
We are from germany and we we´re looking for someone to officiate our wedding on the beach of Venice. I´ve contacted Jacob and he was so great from the beginning. He answered all our questions via EMail and that made us feel really good.
We first met him on our wedding day and he was so nice and relaxed. He made our ceremony very special and we highly recommend him!
Thanks Jacob!

Profile Picture Stefanie, 9/25/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Great officiant. Tailored our ceremony to how we wanted. Very friendly and professional. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture L, 5/17/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jacob officiated our wedding on 9/13/13 at the Oviatt Penthouse. We cannot thank him enough and he was totally amazing!

He was responsive from the very first email. We had fun at our meeting getting to know him and sharing our story with him! He was very organized as he went through the different parts of the ceremony with us. He asked us questions and tailored the ceremony to what we were looking for.

A week before the wedding, Jacob emailed us a list of reminders and suggestions on what we should do during the ceremony. I thought that was very sweet and its things we wouldn't have thought of!

On the day of the wedding, Jacob made us feel very comfortable and at ease. We were so nervous but hearing him talk was very soothing. He was great!!!

We are so happy he could be a part of our day and highly recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding officiant!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 9/13/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband and I were lost when it came to finding an Officiant. We were having a hard time finding someone to marry us because we aren't church going people and didn't want to pretend to be just so someone could marry us. I searched Yelp but didn't want to pick someone totally random.

A friend of mine recommended Jacob. He conducted a ceremony she went to and said she think I would like him. She was right!

I emailed Jacob to ask a few questions and we set up a date to meet. He asked us some questions to get to know us and we were comfortable talking to him. He seemed very interested in giving us what we were looking for, a fun and unique ceremony without being too religious. He was open to ideas and had a lot of resources. He was always on time for meetings, rehearsal and the wedding. Jacob was quick to respond to emails and phone calls too.

Our ceremony was perfect and our guests enjoyed it.

Profile Picture Jen, 9/8/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Love Jacob!!! He was great and all my BM kept asking "That hottie is marrying you??" Seriously though, Jacob is a great guy who was so easy to deal with and listened to everything I said when it came to the vows and ceremony. Will definitely refer him to everyone!

Profile Picture Sharon, 6/8/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jacob is terrific, and did a fantastic job for our wedding, both the preparations and during the ceremony. He's affordable, affable, patient, very pleasant, not money-minded, and most of all, sincere when he was providing his speeches during our ceremony. He was also very punctual.

He is very flexible, in that he provides custom or predetermined vows/charges/speeches, etc.,...from humorous to traditional...short or lengthy, he can tailor your ceremony to your needs. He also has a cool library book which he uses as an ipad carrying case to make the ceremony look classic and elegant.

His fees, which are affordable, are also all-inclusive, so you won't be paying extra for rehearsal.

K&D

Profile Picture Khine, 11/25/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jacob is so easy to work with. We didn't want religion playing a part in our ceremony at all, and he did a great job at avoiding that. Not only that, but he had such an easy system in place for us to make adjustments and revisions to our ceremony--GoogleDocs! We could edit the ceremony at any time, add things we'd thought of, and give him feedback, or ask him questions. It was never like the ceremony was some secret that only he was allowed to see. I loved that.

Plus, Jacob didn't have any weird hidden charges attached to his service. When I was looking for an officiant, I found a lot of folks who charged extra for a rehearsal, or for you to personalize the ceremony more, or whatever. Isn't that crazy? Jacob was super-upfront about everything, and that's exactly what we needed. Not to mention, you can't beat his price.

And the best part -- my bridesmaids and I went for our mani/pedis right before the rehearsal and ended up getting stuck in TERRIBLE traffic. We were an hour late. Jacob stayed, acted like it was no big deal, and just went through the rehearsal. SO awesome.

The wedding day was beautiful, and Jacob's ceremony was a huge part of that. Everyone commented on how lovely the ceremony was, and how genuine our officiant seemed. Can't recommend him enough!

Profile Picture User2507282, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jacob is awesome. His genuine enthusiasm made our ceremony that much more special. We have friends and relatives still giving us comments about how well put-together our ceremony was. Jacob’s warm, down to earth, and easy-going personality made it easy for us to work with him. He helped us navigate through our options and overall we had a great experience.

Profile Picture Kim, 6/17/12, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I must say, Jacob was fantastic! The fact that I was able to set up everything (date, time, and the ceremony itself) with him through email was great. He was able to work with our budget and time frame (about two and a half weeks). The ceremony was short and sweet and I couldn't have asked for more. It was definitely something I won't soon forget. Thanks Jacob! (:

Profile Picture amber, 2/29/12, 1 Review