Jaclynn Kate Hair & Make Up Artistry Reviews

Jaclynn Kate Hair & Make Up Artistry 5
  • Katie

Katie Mangano · Married on 09/29/2019

11 ppl hair and makeup

Wow. Where to begin! Jaclynn and her team were absolutely incredible! To start I’m the most indecisive person ever so I did two hair trials! And then on top of that I changed my mind a third time on the wedding day and Jaclynn just rolled with it. She gave me just what I wanted!!! I have never felt more beautiful in my life. The air brush was perfect and so light feeling. It lasted until the next morning; I still looked great when I woke up!!!
    So, we selected them based off of her other great reviews and that she had such a large team. They did myself, 2 moms, and 8 bridesmaids hair and makeup in 3 hours. It was nice being able to sleep in and not have a 4-5 hour ready experience other salons quoted us for.
    Myself, the moms, and all my bridesmaids were constantly being complemented all night. Some of the girls even said they felt more beautiful than they did on their own wedding days.
    You must book Jaclynn and her girls for your wedding! You will not be disappointed they are worth every penny!! Ten Stars from us!!!

Jaclynn Kate Hair & Make Up Artistry 6
    Jaclynn Kate Hair & Make Up Artistry 7
    Jaclynn Kate Hair & Make Up Artistry 8
    Jaclynn Kate Hair & Make Up Artistry 9
    Sent on 10/01/2019

Kristina · Married on 09/20/2019

Fairy Glam-ma

Jaclynn and her team are amazing and the only people you should even look at to hire for your wedding. Jaclynn's communication was great from the pre-consultation to the day of, making you feel less stressed. During the trial, she asked a lot of questions and took notes to understand what type of look you were going for and what products she used so it could easily be replicated. The morning of our wedding, her and her team were on-time, professional but fun, making sure myself, the 4 bridesmaids, and 2 mothers loved their looks with plenty of time of touch-ups. By the end, I kept referring to her as my fairy glam-ma!

Sent on 09/29/2019
  • Marissa

Marissa · Married on 08/17/2019

Wedding 8-17-19

Jacklynn's team was amazing on my wedding day. My hair and makeup lasted through the night and the rain during my ceremony! The team was recommended by a friend and I am so happy that I listened to her and booked the team. I think that the fact the bride gets to pick and then keep a tube of liquid lipstick is an amazing touch! Thank you for making me look amazing on my day!

Jaclynn Kate Hair & Make Up Artistry 10
    Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 06/01/2019

Highly recommend!

I could not be more happy with my decision to go with Jaclynn Kate Hair & Makeup Artistry. I absolutely loved my hair and makeup done by Caitlin. She took the vision I wanted and made it come to life. My bridesmaids hair and makeup all looked gorgeous. The team got there on time and did an amazing job getting a large bridal parties hair and makeup done beautifully and efficiently. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Jaylene

Jaylene · Married on 04/06/2019

Actual wizards!

Caitlin and Jaclynn were amazing! Jaclynn was very responsive and helped me book hair and makeup for my bridal party. Caitlin was my stylist and absolutely killed it with my hair and makeup. I have never felt more beautiful! This salon came recommended to me by my photographer and I can see why. You can be sure if you choose Jaclynn Kate you will get the best service and feel incredible on your big day!

Sent on 04/18/2019

Shilyn Chang · Married on 03/30/2019

Wonderful, Talented Ladies! Stress-Free Experience

I worked with Jaclynn for scheduling and Caitlin for hair and makeup for myself and my mother-in-law. They are both such sweet, down to earth ladies and Jaclynn is the only vendor that reached out to me with a phone call to introduce herself and ask me about what I wanted. They made the experience stress-free and were very flexible. I originally wanted only hair and to do my own make-up, and they were so sweet in offering to give me a consultation to help me with figuring out what makeup look I wanted to achieve. After seeing Caitlin work her magic, I knew it would be better to have her do it and both her and Jaclynn were so understanding about the last minute change.
    The day of the wedding was anxiety-free! Caitlin is so much fun to talk to, and really puts you at ease. My mother-in-law speaks no English, but Caitlin was very patient and sweet about working with us to figure out exactly the look my mother wanted. Both the hair and makeup were beautiful and fit the look of the dress and ceremony. Caitlin was awesome at creating a look that was very glamorous, but was also still very me and not overly done. I would definitely recommend her to anyone, and will be going back if I need to get glammed up for other formal events!

Sent on 04/02/2019
  • Laurel

Laurel · Married on 12/08/2018

Lovely Team

The team at Jaclynn Kate is wonderful. From the first, yes first, consultation, we were laughing and having a good time. You may not know it at this stage of planning, but this is important! You only want happy, positive people around you this day. The girls were sweet and willing to listen which is huge. They don't do your makeup the way they want it, they do it the way you want it. My two consultations were great but day of, Caitlin really outdid herself. I felt so beautiful but still so myself. Its a hard balance to be wearing so much makeup, having your hair professionally done and still look like yourself just that much better! She did it. It was exactly what I imagined...what was even better was that they made my mom feel so beautiful, my mother in law, sister in law and my friends. Everyone was stunning and they felt it. It was so special. We hired them to stay until after the ceremony, as I thought I would be a big mess...they not only were hired, but their attitudes made it appear as if they wanted to be there and that was really nice. Thank you girls for making me feel the way every bride should feel. Sincerely, Laurel

Sent on 12/30/2018
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 09/02/2018

Fantastic Ladies!

Jaclynn and her team are the best! I live in California but got married on the East Coast, which can cause some added planning/stress, but Jaclynn was really easy to work with -- super responsive and worked with me to find a time that would work out for a hair/makeup trial. I had my trial with Caitlin, who also did my hair/makeup on the day of -- let me just say, Caitlin is the greatest. Not only is she extremely talented, but she is also extremely kind. She made me feel completely at ease and also clearly understood my vision. She really goes above and beyond to provide amazing service to her brides. My bridesmaids (and mom / mother of the groom) felt and looked gorgeous as well thanks to this awesome group of ladies! While the group is easy going and creates a stress free experience, they are also very professional -- everyone was on time and on schedule! I definitely recommend booking Jaclynn Kate for your special day -- you won't regret it :) ! Love them!!

Sent on 01/17/2019

Suzanne · Married on 08/11/2018

The make up and hair team did a fantastic job. I wanted everyone to have a hairstyle and makeup that they felt comfortable with. Everyone looked gorgeous and totally natural. The women were friendly, professional and efficient. I would definitely recommend Jaclynn Kate’s team.

Sent on 08/24/2018

Marina · Married on 08/03/2018

Jaclynn and her team is awesome! I was an out of town bride, and she was extremely attentive and responsive to all my emails, changes and requests. I had a trial with Caitlin at the salon a few months prior to the wedding, and on the day of the girls arrived at the hotel and took care of myself, my mom and bridesmaids. Everyone looked fabulous and they were so easy going, flexible and really made the morning so stress free and fun! It was such a great way for us all to relax and start out the day. Thank you Jaclynn for your amazing girls and for making me and my party look fabulous on my wedding day! :)

Sent on 09/01/2018

Gloria · Married on 06/24/2018

I am very happy that I chose to work with Jaclynn Kate's salon and team. Caitlin was such a pleasure to work with! From my first trial she knew exactly what I wanted in my bridal makeup - simple, natural, elegant. Caitlin loves what she does and is a true artist. I felt gorgeous and special, yet comfortable in my own skin. Caitlin also did my two bridesmaids' hair and makeup, which were absolutely lovely. Despite an exhausting weekend having worked three other weddings prior, Caitlin came prepared, patient, and smiling. You can't go wrong working with Caitlin and the Jaclynn Kate team!

Sent on 07/27/2018
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 09/09/2017

Jaclynn and her team were amazing! Not only were they professional, on-time, and able to come to us, they are truly creative and talented at what they do. Some of my bridesmaids asked for similar styles they'd seen in pictures, while others let them do whatever they wanted; all were happy with their up-dos and makeup. The makeup lasted all day and all night, too. I highly recommend Jaclynn Kate and her team of hair/makeup designers for any occasion.

Sent on 09/20/2017

jill · Married on 06/24/2017

Do not hesitate to hire Jaclyn Kate and/or her team of professionals to do hair and make up for any special event.
    Right from the start JK shined over the other vendors I contacted. I read a ton of reviews - some vendors arrived late and unprepared. Not JK's team. They were prompt, professional, efficient and friendly. They provided individual attention to each and every one of us. The price was competitive. If you need someone to do hair and make up - I would book JK now. They do a fabulous job and you will have the piece of mind knowing that their team is reliable and talented.

Sent on 07/23/2017

Katie · Married on 10/09/2016

Jaclynn Kate and her amazing team did makeup and hair for myself, my mom, and bridal party. They were very professional and fun to work with, not to mention we all looked beautiful for the big day! I had met with Jaclynn for two hair/makeup trials because I just couldn't make up my mind. Both looks I asked her to do, she absolutely nailed. She even did hair extensions on me a few days before my wedding so I could have a fuller look, and I am so glad I had them done, because now I can have awesome hair that actually holds a curl for the next 6-8 months too!!!!! Thank you Jaclynn, you made me feel beautiful on my most important day!

Sent on 10/13/2016

Chelsea · Married on 08/27/2016

Jaclynn Kate and her team were absolutely wonderful! They arrived right on time and were so amazing the entire time they were with us at my hotel. All of my bridesmaids and flower girl loved their hair and makeup. As for my hair and makeup, Caitlin was phenomenal. I didn't even do a trial with her and she did my hair exactly how I wanted it. It was perfect!! Would absolutely recommend Jaclynn Kate and her team to all brides in the RI area.

Sent on 09/06/2016

Cassie · Married on 08/13/2016

I used Jaclynn Kate Hair & Makeup Artistry for my wedding this past August in Newport, and I could not have made a better choice! Jaclynn and her team did an absolutely amazing job on my girls and myself, it is clear that they all are extremely skilled at both hair and makeup! They were extremely knowledgable and were able to create any style that my bridesmaids wanted with ease. The makeup and hair lasted all day and night, despite the fact that this was one the hottest/most humid days of the summer!

Jaclynn was amazing to work with throughout the planning process and on the actual day. She was super organized, flexible, and always available with any questions and concerns. She helped make the planning process a little bit easier! She was also so approachable and easy to work with when trying to decide between different styles. I highly recommend hiring her and her team for your wedding!!

Sent on 09/24/2016

Libby · Married on 07/02/2016

I absolutely adored Jaclynn Kate and so did my bridesmaids! I am so lucky that I had her as my make-up artist. She was very flexible, personable and responsive. I was an out of town bride and live about 7 1/2 hours from the venue. Jaclynn Kate was very quick to answer emails/phone calls and found time to do a hair and make-up trial for me after she had already done the hair/make-up for another wedding!

She was able to capture exactly what I wanted for my hair - classic, elegant, and sophisticated. I have relatively fine hair, and had it in a low bun up-do, and all night people kept asking me if I had put in extensions because she was able to make it look like I had a lot more hair than I do! It looked perfect and did not fall the entire evening (even with a lot of dancing).

My make-up was also beautiful and didn't budge through crying/laughing/etc. She uses air-brush make-up and it looked completely natural and blended in perfectly with my skin tone. She was even able to make sure that my freckles still showed (I like my freckles!). She listened to all of my concerns and questions, provided really great suggestions, and basically made me look like a model.

The bridesmaids also liked Jaclynn Kate and her team. All of my bridesmaids had completely different hairstyles and Jaclynn Kate and her partner were able to look at a picture on pinterest, listen to some alterations the girls wanted, and pretty much create the perfect hairstyle. All of the girl's hair stayed up for the hour long ceremony and 6 hour reception! Pretty awesome.

Jaclynn Kate was extremely professional, showed up early, and was able to complete all of our looks (even when my sister had to re-do her hair somewhat), within the time frame that it needed to be done. She was super positive, friendly, and made the getting ready process really fun.

Thanks Jaclynn Kate!!

Sent on 08/24/2016

Christina · Married on 07/18/2015

Jaclynn did the hair and makeup for me, my 2 bridesmaids, and my mom for my July 2015 wedding. As I live in NJ I didn't know where to begin looking for a hair and makeup artist. I found Jaclynn on The Knot and she had great reviews. After exchanging emails with Jaclynn I found I was very comfortable booking her because she is very responsive. I scheduled my hair and makeup trial and was very pleased. On the day of my wedding, Jaclynn and her assistants were right on time. They were very professional. My bridesmaids and mom looked beautiful. I was concerned about my curls lasting the entire day especially since I knew it would be humid. Jaclynn made sure to put a special product in my hair to ensure that my curls lasted all day. Not only did my curls last all day, but they were still intact the next day too! I would recommend Jaclynn for your wedding. She did a great job!

Sent on 02/07/2016
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 06/06/2015

Jaclynn and her team are absolutely AMAZING. Jaclynn was also super flexible – she came into work early for me so she could do my hair and makeup trial the day of my shower! It was perfect and exactly what I wanted. She also is very organized and extremely prompt – she was messaging me while on vacation to answer questions about my wedding when it was a few weeks away! She is so dedicated and truly helpful to her clients, it is so reassuring (especially during the stressful wedding times!)

The day before my wedding my bridal party and I had pedicures and manicures done at the salon, and everything was great! We had so much fun in the salon, and everyone loved how their nails looked!

On the wedding day her and her team did hair and airbrush makeup for myself, 6 bridesmaids, and my mother-in-law, and also my mom’s makeup. I had sent her photos of the hair styles all 6 of my bridesmaids wanted, and her and her team executed everything perfectly and exactly like I envisioned! Jaclynn was so calm and collective on my wedding day, and made sure everything stayed on track and that everyone was in love with their hair and makeup (which we were!). When we asked for any changes (like darkening eye liner or adding blush) she did everything immediately and made sure we were in love with our looks. She truly is a magical makeup wizard!

The airbrush makeup was unbelievable, and it lasted all day. We had our hair and makeup done starting at 8:30 am for a 2 pm ceremony and reception that went from 7 pm – midnight. At the end of the night we were still looking just as beautiful, after hours of taking photos and dancing – I couldn’t believe how great everything stayed!

Jaclynn is not only extremely talented, but she is passionate about making her customers feel beautiful and have their wedding day vision come to life. I am SO happy with her and her team, and would recommend her to anyone. Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 06/26/2015

Amy · Married on 05/31/2014

Jaclynn Kate was great to work with from the first email right through to our wedding day! She was responsive, flexible and incredibly talented. I booked my hair and makeup trial a year out and had a great experience. Then the morning of the wedding, Jaclynn and her team showed up early and got right to work. My three bridesmaids and I were all happy and everyone looked fabulous! Thanks so much Jaclynn Kate!!

Sent on 11/02/2014

K · Married on 06/16/2013

My best friend had recently gotten married in Middletown, Rhode Island. I was the Maid of Honor in her wedding. When she first came to me about Jaclynn Kate Hair & Makeup and asked what I thought about not going to a salon... I said lets try it. We were first introduced actually through a photo shoot where the bride got her hair and makeup done...Everything came out beautiful then!! So why not!!! The wedding was on a Sunday and everything went as planned! Jaclynn and her team showed up promptly at 9am! They had their work cut out for them with seven girls to do hair and makeup. Airbrushed makeup was offered, I didn't part take, I just did traditional. However it was just perfect! I was asked what I liked and Jaclynn's team member knew exactly the direction to go! I never wear tons of makeup but everything was light and beautiful. All three girls were so nice and energetic and so much fun!! I was the last to get my hair done. Mainly because my hair is so fine and there just isn't much there and it always seems to fall out anyway. But I went for an up-do, I really wanted to do this rose inspired up-do but with the lack of hair and tons of layers my dream was not a reality. Although I wasn't able to get that specific up-do the girls still knew exactly what to do. My hair turned out so beautiful I was amazed and it passed the test of staying up the entire night!! That is a first for this gal! I was so impressed!!! In all the entire experience was just amazing!! I can say for when or if I get married I know who to call!! Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 07/19/2013

Ashlee · Married on 02/04/2013

My hair and makeup was amazing, I will defiantly use them again!!!!!!!!

Sent on 02/05/2013

Melissa · Married on 10/05/2012

Jaclynn and her team did a wonderful job as our on location beauty squad! I was one of the lucky 8 bridesmaids that was papered to perfection on October 5th at The Viking Hotel for my friends wedding! I was very please with my make-up by Briana, as was my husband who almost forgot that I clean up well! Elisa nailed my low side bun, with detailed braiding to the back --- I received many compliments through the evening. Jaclynn--- you did a great job on the bride, she was a glowing beauty through the evening! Thank you for adding to a beautiful day! Best wished on your contunued success! *Melissa

Sent on 10/17/2012

Jenna · Married on 09/16/2012

Jaclyn did a wonderful job. I had so many compliments on my makeup. She was very flexible and really knew what she was doing. I was very confident in her ability to make me beautiful and she did much more than I even anticipated. I felt like a princess

Sent on 10/03/2012

Jaclynn Kate Hair & Make Up Artistry's reply:

Thank you Jenna! I LOVE how your photos came out! Looks like you had a wonderful day!

Kristen · Married on 06/09/2012

I received a hair & make up trial from Jaclynn before my bachelorette party! I received SO many compliments ALL through out the night! My make up was flawless and my hair just perfect!
    I will definately be using her company for my friends upcoming wedding!
    Kristen Wedding 6-9-12!!

Sent on 06/22/2012

Jaclynn Kate Hair & Make Up Artistry's reply:

Im so glad you were happy with everything! Loved working with you & I'm looking forward to seeing you again for the next big event!