Jacksonville Public Library Reviews

Jacksonville Public Library 5
Jacksonville Public Library 6
Jacksonville Public Library 7

Amandalee Michaud · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Ashley Boyd is the Best!!!

The Jax Public Library is like the best kept secret of wedding venues! We had a great experience booking our wedding here and worked with the best coordinator to make our wedding dreams come true! I've always wanted to get married in a library and have a vintage travel themed wedding, and the Jax Public Library made all of that happen! They were so easy to work with, provided tables and chairs, changed the set up as many times as I needed, had storage rooms available, and were quick to help or do anything that I needed to make my dream wedding possible. The courtyard is literally to die for with the lit fountain and trees down the aisle. We decorated the trees in fairy lights that made it even more magical. I definitely recommend this event space, and even more, I recommend Ashley Boyd as the best coordinator! Thank you so much for all your hard work and for making my wedding simply amazing! I loved every second of it! The library has lots of photo spaces for amazing shots and is right next to a park and old cathedral for even more great shots. Loved it!

Sent on 06/04/2019
    Jacksonville Public Library 13
    Jacksonville Public Library 14
  • Maggie

Maggie Merrill · Married on 04/25/2019

Best Venue Ever

Ashley and the whole team from the Library were amazing and I couldn’t have been more pleased with our venue choice. Everything was beautiful!

Sent on 05/04/2019
    Jacksonville Public Library 22
  • Zhane

zhane · Married on 04/13/2019

Enchanting Venue - We highly recommend this Venue

This was the perfect place to have our wedding. Everything about this venue is perfect. Ashley is the best. She went above and beyond helping us with our wedding here. I have all great things to say. Chairs, tables, speakers, prep kitchen, and dressing rooms etc are all included. All of our guests raved at how beautiful this venue is. The grand staircase entrance is absolutely beautiful. I am very happy with the outcome. As I said Ashley is the best, she will help us as much as she can. She did great answering questions, and getting everything in order. She even did helped us the day of our wedding, which meant so much to us both. I highly recommend this venue. Beautiful, affordable and very accommodating.

Sent on 04/18/2019

Jill · Married on 04/06/2019

Perfect Venue!

The Jacksonville Library was a perfect venue for us. Rebecca and her team were so helpful and easy to communicate with from the very beginning. Her team also sent a list of recommend vendors which helped us find our wedding coordinator and others. Our wedding turned out beautifully even though we had a torrential downpour on our reception decorations. The team at the library quickly transitioned everything indoors so that my guests could still have a great time. Rebecca also helped us coordinate a New Orleans wedding tradition (2nd line) which had never been done at the library before! I would recommend the library to anyone who wants to get married in Jacksonville!

Sent on 04/23/2019

Julie Prince · Married on 03/09/2019

Best venue in town

During our 2 year engagement, this venue was incredibly accommodating and very responsive. The price and service is phenomenal. Other than the beautiful courtyard and spacious dressing room, my favorite thing was that they were open vendor. So many venues insist on using their specified caterer which is normally $100 a plate. But I didn’t have to stress about that. I was able to stick to my budget per vendors and have the wedding of my dreams. Rebecca is a doll and working with her was such a pleasure!

Sent on 04/23/2019

James · Married on 03/02/2019

An Amazing Experience!

Ashley and the entire event team were amazing to work with! We had a last minute weather shift and Ashley was prepared with back up plans ideas! There are so many beautiful options for a wedding in this building. It was a perfect experience! Thank you for everything!

Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Z

Zoe Carr · Married on 02/05/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!

We work with these phenomenal ladies all the time for events and they are amazing!

Sent on 02/05/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 01/18/2019

Rebecca was the best

We loved having our wedding at such a beautiful and meaningful place. It was everything we dreamt it would be and Rebecca was so sweet and helpful throughout the entire process. She was always so quick to answer any questions we had and was so positive. She was definitely the type of person you would want to work with and be around during such a stressful time! We can't thank her enough for everything she did.

Sent on 03/20/2019
    Jacksonville Public Library 27
    Jacksonville Public Library 28

Becky · Married on 12/15/2018

Christmas Party

We used the Main Library for our company Christmas party and it was a huge hit. The venue is beautiful, especially the courtyard at night. Would highly recommend the Library for any party or wedding.

Sent on 12/20/2018

Jacksonville Public Library's reply:

Thank you so much, Becky! We absolutely loved working with you on your Company Christmas Party! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!
  • Cristina

Cristina · Married on 09/29/2018

Perfect venue, great staff

My husband and I absolutely LOVED the Main JPL for our wedding! We held our cocktail hour on the 2nd floor atrium, and had our dinner and dancing right outside in the courtyard gardens. The main reasons we chose this venue are 1. proximity to our ceremony venue (Basilica of the Immaculate Conception), 2. an outdoor option, 3. ability to bring in our own caterer & vendors, 4. a large supply of tables and even some easels that we could use without additional cost, 5. overall cost of the venue compared to others we looked at, 6. the beauty of the 2nd floor courtyard, and 7. the fact that this a non-traditional venue. Rebecca was immediately welcoming and friendly, and gave us a thorough tour of all the spaces that could be used for our reception. Mandy and I communicated via email and both she and Rebecca happily answered all the questions we had. The only thing that would make this venue choice even better is if vendors were able to come in earlier than 4pm to start setting everything up. I know it definitely has to do with the fact that it's a public building but not sure what all the other stipulations are behind that rule since it's not closed to the public until 6pm on a Sat night. If I could go back and redo our whole wedding though, I would probably still pick the 2nd floor of the Main JPL. Phenomenal venue and staff, and we had such an amazing time!

Sent on 06/04/2019
    Jacksonville Public Library 33
    Jacksonville Public Library 34
    Jacksonville Public Library 35

Korie · Married on 06/17/2018

Our wedding was more amazing than we could have ever imagined! Everything was beautiful, on time and well organized. The staircase made a dramatic entrance for the entire bridal party and family. I could not imagine having it anywhere else. Also, during the planning process the staff there was so extremely helpful and accommodating. they made sure I understood what needed to be done, who could be hired and even setup and tore down the tables, chairs, etc. Would highly recommend to anyone.

Sent on 06/28/2018

Arissa · Married on 05/18/2018

Working with the team at the Downtown Library was exceptionally easy. They were always accountable and willing to assist in any way that was needed.

Sent on 05/21/2018

Shannon · Married on 02/17/2018

Getting married at the Library was a dream! It is such a unique venue, all the guests loved it. Rebecca was great and super helpful! I wanted everything indoors, so we had our ceremony on the third floor, moved the guest to cocktail hour on the second floor while the third floor was flipped into the reception. Huge dance floor which was exactly what we needed!

Sent on 08/07/2018

Enjoli Burgess · Married on 06/22/2019

Great Experience!!!

I appreciate Rebecca Cooper for everything. She was so helpful in making my wedding day special, she answered any questions I had in a timely manner and she was there every step and I am so grateful for that and I can’t thank you guys enough, my wedding day 6/22/19 was perfect!!!

Sent on 07/05/2019
    Jacksonville Public Library 36
    Jacksonville Public Library 37
    Jacksonville Public Library 38
    Jacksonville Public Library 39
    Jacksonville Public Library 40

Megan · Married on 10/13/2018

Beautiful wedding!

We had a great time and the staff was extremely helpful! It was extremely affordable, and I like that our money went to a community good, not just some rich guy with a barn.

Sent on 10/18/2018
    Jacksonville Public Library 41

Christmas Party · Married on 12/14/2018

Beautiful venue, would recommend

We used the Jacksonville Public Library as the venue for our company Christmas party. We had a great experience there, the space is absolutely stunning and the staff were extremely helpful and quick to respond. We had some parameters as far as decor went, because it is a city-owned property. This also impacted the flexibility of the venue (ie: what time we could gain access, etc.). However, the staff goes above and beyond to try and accommodate in other ways, where they are otherwise unable to because of city limitations. We would absolutely recommend this property for your next event. A tip - if you want to use the courtyard, have your back-up weather plan ready from the start.

Sent on 12/21/2018