Jack Looney Photography Reviews

Jack Looney Photography 4
Jack Looney Photography 5

Ashley · Married on 07/06/2019

Jack Looney is Amazing!!

We are having Jack do our photos for our upcoming summer wedding. We've met with him he is amazingly talented and so wonderful to be around. (Bonus: He's great with dogs, too!) I cannot recommend him enough! :)

Sent on 04/02/2019

Ashley · Married on 07/06/2019

You Will Relive Your Day Perfectly! Flawless!

I wish I didn’t have to stop at 5 stars and could give even more to Jack! Jack and his partner, Kelly, are incredible. There are many incredible photographers in the area but a few key things that make Jack Looney stand out. First, his laid back (while also professional) personality are exactly what you need on a wedding day. He makes everyone feel at ease and not tense - both making it an excellent environment but also great for relaxed pictures! Secondly, Jack’s photography style makes it so you’re literally reliving your day when you look at the photos . When my husband and I just sat down in the last day or two to look at our photos, we literally felt all the emotions again. They aren’t just posed position photos, but are also raw, authentic, and documentary style. The wedding can be a bit blurry for a bride and groom so having someone who will capture it in a way you can relive it is key! Third, Jack’s flexibility (think: rain/heat, anything) and skills with all lighting and weather are so important on a wedding day because you can’t control the weather and his photos will be amazing regardless of weather. Fourth, we chose to do a first look, and some extended photo pictures after the ceremony. Jack managed to get our photos in (and TONS of them - all amazing and not one bit rushed feeling) and still allow us to make it to the cocktail hour to enjoy our guests! A first look isn’t something you have to do, but my point is he is so efficient, while still thorough, that you actually get to enjoy your day. I could go on and on! Jack is the best!!!

Sent on 07/24/2019

hallie · Married on 05/11/2019

Jack is a dream to work, very kind and easy-going

Jack photographed our May wedding near Shenandoah National Park. He came highly recommended by a friend. He is so easy to work with. He is really flexible and just wanted to make things easy for us. From the beginning, he was super relaxed over the phone and during the lead up to the wedding. On the big day, he was discrete and casual. He was extremely gracious and kind to our guests. He is very laid back, you don't feel like you're being photographed hardly at all, which is great if you aren't used to being the center of attention! He was able to round up family members for group photos, but did so in a very kind and subtle manner.

Our photos are absolutely stunning! He did such a fabulous job, they are breathtaking. He was SO FAST on the turnaround, we were able to relive our wedding within a few weeks. He also sends hard copies of the photos, which is so fun to look through, I realized how rarely I get to actually touch and see photos anymore, it's awesome! Our photos are more than I could have imagined!! Do yourself a favor, hire Jack, you won't regret it!.

Sent on 05/28/2019
    Jack Looney Photography 6
    Jack Looney Photography 7
    Jack Looney Photography 8
    Jack Looney Photography 9
    Jack Looney Photography 10

Danielle · Married on 06/02/2018

Jack Looney was such an amazing person to work with. He photographed our wedding this June. I actually had guests comment on how nice the photographer was to me afterward, which seemed really special. The quality of his photos are absolutely amazing - he sent us a file with over 2400 photos on it after the wedding, and trying to even narrow it down to 500 favorites was challenging they all were so good! I was really struck by his professionalism and demeanor during the event - he would thank you in such a heartfelt way after taking your photo...as if it was us helping him to take good photos - I kept wanting to say.."No Jack thank YOU!!". I was also impressed by how discreet they were throughout the whole wedding. Oddly, myself and other guests didn't even seem to remember or notice the photographers around...yet they managed to capture so many intimate photos of groups laughing or dancing - i'm not sure how it was even possible how they managed to be so unobtrusive yet get so many amazing images. I would recommend their services to absolutely anyone!

Sent on 07/14/2018
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 05/28/2017

Jack was an all-around fantastic person to work with! From the first time we talked with him, to our engagement photo session to the actual wedding day, Jack was always kind, professional and extremely responsive. We never felt like it was a chore to take pictures - Jack always made it fun, quick and creative and he could not have been nicer! He also set up a photobooth at the wedding which was a fun bonus. And most importantly we received our photos in less than a month after the wedding date!! Thank you Jack for everything!

Sent on 06/17/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 10/01/2016

Jack Looney is the absolute man, and after receiving my wedding photos this weekend, he is my favorite vendor that I worked with throughout the wedding process. He has a great communication style, and was so flexible and easy to work with from my initial wedding date inquiry, to engagement shots, to day-of coordination and execution. He's professional, plus just super nice. He and Ashley (our second shooter of the day) delivered beyond our wildest dreams. Thanks to Jack, holiday gifts for family are going to be SO easy this year :). We can't recommend him enough.

Sent on 10/31/2016
  • W

Whitney · Married on 07/16/2016

We used Jack for our July 2016 wedding, and he was a pleasure to work with. We were unable to meet him before the wedding (we don't live in Virginia), but Jack made a point to talk on the phone in advance to get an idea of what we wanted for our wedding photos. He also stopped by our room the day before the wedding to introduce himself, which was really kind and unexpected. He is very laid back but professional, and I liked him immediately. During the wedding, he took photos of me (the bride) getting ready, but after the ceremony started, I honestly forgot he was there. He and his assistant blended seamlessly with guests, and when we finally did see photos from the event, they were incredible. The hard part is trying to decide which ones/how many to frame!

Sent on 12/01/2016

Caitlin · Married on 05/07/2016

If you are considering Jack for your wedding photography (and he is available), you should run, not walk to make this happen. We had a great team on our wedding day, but Jack was by far one of the best decisions we made. We got the photos back within two weeks and they are wonderful - better than we ever imagined. He was extremely patient with us in our requests/communications in the time leading up to the wedding and was also a very calming presence for us on the day of. We also loved his second shooter, Ryan, who was also great to have around during our celebration. We also had a great engagement session months beforehand in order to help get warmed up. Jack is seriously the BEST.

Sent on 05/23/2016

Annie · Married on 09/25/2015

Best. Photographer. Ever. Jack Looney was a DREAM to work with. So patient, talented, and just fun to be around. Our wedding pictures turned out beautifully and we couldn't be happier! I'd book him again in a heartbeat. Highly, highly recommend.

Sent on 10/13/2015

Justine · Married on 11/01/2014

Jack Looney is one of the kindest people I have ever had the pleasure of working with, not to mention his photography is superb! He photographed our wedding in early November, and like most couples, we were hoping for a beautiful sunny day. To our dismay, we got one of the coldest and windiest days of the year up until that point, but that didn't stop Jack and his assistant Ashley from braving the elements with us and getting some breathtaking shots outside with the amazing backdrop of the Blue Ridge mountains. My husband and I couldn't get over how many photos we received…we hardly saw Jack and Ashley all night, but they were most certainly there blending in and getting some fantastic shots that we'll cherish for a lifetime. Our families, friends, and wedding party were so impressed by his professionalism, his kind and gentle demeanor and eagerness to capture any shots anyone asked for, and his beautiful photographs. Several weeks after the wedding my husband and I were out of town dealing with a family emergency, and I emailed Jack to ask if he might be able to send some specific photos from the wedding to me via email in a rush. I received an automated message that he was traveling and had limited access to email, so just assumed I wouldn't hear back from him. But within a few hours he sent me a file containing everything I had asked for and more. He is truly an amazing photographer and a lovely person in general, and we couldn't recommend him and his work highly enough. He is a great value for everything you get with him. We are so fortunate to have found him (through a glowing recommendation from our wedding planner). Thanks for everything Jack!

Sent on 01/20/2015

Terry · Married on 10/03/2014

Jack was a great photographer and so easy to work with, that it was an easy decision to choose him as my daughter's wedding photographer. His ability to capture the moments of the wedding, both in posed and natural photos, is beyond compare. Jack offers all taken photos to his bride and groom, so need to worry about what photos will be available.
    His addition of a photo booth, along with props, at the wedding lends tons of fun as well as memories for all guests. To top it off, Jack is such a down-to-earth, friendly person filled with positive energy! So glad he was available for our daughter's wedding. Definitely, hope to book him when my youngest daughter marries in the future as any other photographer would have big shoes to fill.

Sent on 11/02/2014

Jill · Married on 05/31/2014

Jack was so wonderful! We were so excited to have him as our photographer. He was professional, kind and calming on such a busy and exciting day. Both of our families are raving about how great Jack was and how easy he was to work with. We just got our pictures back and they are incredible. Every picture is better than the last! Jack went above and beyond for us and we can't wait to recommend him to everyone we know!

Sent on 06/16/2014

Charlotte · Married on 05/25/2014

We absolutely loved working with Jack! Many of our guests commented that he was so sweet and the best part was - I didn't even really notice him throughout most of the day/night! Other than when we were specifically taking portraits he was very unnoticeable (in a good way!!) and most of the time we did not even realize we were having our photos taken. He captured our day perfectly and we got a sample of our photos via email on our honeymoon! The turn around was super fast and the product beyond our expectations. We have blown up some of the photos and the quality is great. Jack also included an engagement shoot in our package which was a great opportunity to get to know him and he also set up a really fun photo booth for our guests. We can't wait to use Jack again for future family events!

Sent on 09/19/2014

Megan · Married on 04/06/2014

Working with Jack was such a wonderful experience! He took extra time to meet with my us before the wedding, came to the venue early to take some fun pre wedding shots, and had so many creative ideas. Jack was fun and dynamic while we were taking our group shots and was very descrete through the ceremony and reception. Having received our photos and flash drive from him we are thrilled to see how he captured our special day. There are so many great photographs that we are having a hard time deciding which to frame. I couldn't recommend Jack strongly enough.

Sent on 04/28/2014

lauren · Married on 11/30/2013

My husband Shane and I got married at Pippin Hill on a cold day in November and Jack was our photographer. He came highly recommended by a co-worker and I know totally understand why. He was absolutely wonderful to work with from the start. He met with us as soon as we requested some information about his services to get a feel for what we would like. From then on, he was always available to discuss ideas or answer any questions.

The day of the wedding, he arrived exactly when he said he would and managed to get in some really great pics of me getting ready with my bridesmaids. He also took great photos of all the details - my dress, my accessories, the rings - they all came out wonderful. And even though it was cold, he didn't miss a beat. He got so many great shots of me and Shane and our family and the venue. He timed them so well with the sunset, everything looked magical! The ceremony and party went so fast for me, I didn't even get to see a lot of the crafts I had made to put various places around the venue. Jack got pictures and videos of all of them and it was so nice to see how everything turned out!

More importantly, Jack is just an extremely nice person with which to work. He is very polite and very patient. And despite taking so many amazing pictures and video snippets and remembering all the pictures I had requested, Jack really managed to stay in the background and let us enjoy every moment of our wedding. I never felt like I was being taken away from people to take pictures.

After the wedding, Jack provided us proofs in a very timely manner, despite it being the holiday season. The media he provides is everything you could need, and he has been there to answer any additional questions I have had.

Oh, and I cannot forget to mention the photo booth! SO FUN! The guests had a blast with it.

I could not be more truthful or more happy to highly recommend Jack to any happily engaged couple!

Sent on 01/12/2014
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 11/16/2013

Jack was one of our favorite wedding vendors and an absolute joy to work with! We got married at Verulam Farm in November, and Jack was able to capture every special moment of the day... and then some!

I'll admit that I was a little shocked at the prices of wedding photography in Charlottesville as it was more than all of the industry averages I had read online. But after speaking with 3-4 area photographers, we knew Jack would be the best fit for us because of his laid back style and amazing eye for artistic shots. Now I believe that the cost of the photography was worth every penny, thanks to Jack... they're really the only memories we have to take away from the day.

Jack came highly recommended from our wedding venue, caterer, and several friends who got married in Cville. I also love that he threw in a complimentary engagement shoot to get to know us beforehand, and a photo booth for our reception... we brought a few old Halloween costumes as props and it was like extra entertainment for our guests! Those are hidden costs that we avoided because they weren't included in many other photography packages we considered.

We also didn't want a photographer who would be ordering us around and asking lots of questions of us on the big day, and that's one of the reasons we were initially drawn to Jack when interviewing potential photographers. As my husband and I were reviewing the photos (which came just 2 weeks after the wedding), we both noted how surprised we were at all the details that Jack was able to capture while we were busy enjoying the festivities. Neither of us had even noticed him or his assistant, Ashley, as they were busy shooting every angle of our wedding party getting ready, the ceremony, first dance, reception... they were so unobtrusive and professional. Even our guests noted how incredible the pictures turned out and what a good choice we had made in our photographer. I highly recommend Jack to any Charlottesville brides-to-be!

Sent on 01/22/2014
  • Deirdre

Deirdre · Married on 11/02/2013

We are so, so happy that we chose Jack to be the photographer for our big day. Jack will go above and beyond for you and is extremely willing to help you get the most value out of your budget. Jack is so friendly, accommodating, and professional - he really knows what he's doing. Luckily for us, Jack was also really familiar with our venue (King Family Vineyards) and that definitely helped to make things run very smoothly. At the reception, we hardly saw Jack - he unobtrusively managed to captured SO many special moments without continually asking people to pose for pictures. We could not have been happier with his service! Our pictures are stunning and he really captured our relationship with such ease - especially for two people who don't love having their photo taken! Everyone in our families and wedding party could not stop talking about how nice Jack was and how he made the potentially stressful pre-wedding time so easy and worry-free. We wholeheartedly recommend Jack to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!!

Sent on 12/10/2013

Kristin · Married on 10/25/2013

I cannot give enough praise to Jack Looney for the amazing service he provided before and on the day of our wedding. From the day we signed the contract to the the day we received our pictures in the mail, we have had such a wonderful and easy time working with him. He has been responsive to every email/inquiry my mom, husband, and I sent, he was early the day of the wedding, put up with all of our photo taking requests and beautifully captured every detail about our venue, decor, food, guests, and wedding. We were blown away to get our pictures withing 2-3 weeks of our wedding and were able to relive the entire day through the absolutely stunning pictures Jack took. On top of everything, our guests LOVED the photobooth that Jack provided. I would recommend him in a heartbeat and think he is absolutely one of the best photographers in Charlottesville!

Sent on 01/15/2014

Danielle · Married on 10/19/2013

Yesterday as we celebrated our 1st anniversary, we decided we needed to celebrate our favorite wedding vendors as well. A year later, we have no regrets with selecting Jack Looney as our photographer. Jack was a pure pleasure to work with. Not only is he a superb and clearly professional photographer, but he is a kind and enjoyable person to be around who always made us feel at ease while shooting. We've gotten so many compliments on our engagement and wedding photos, and it is almost impossible selecting which photos we like the most since he took so many great ones. Jack has a artistic eye and captures the beauty of your surrounding. We also loved the photo booth that he offered, and the photos prove our guests enjoyed it as well. A good photographer was very important to us, and Jack didn't disappoint!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Kate · Married on 10/12/2013

Finding a great photographer was a top priority for our wedding. We were so lucky to find Jack Looney! Not only is Jack an amazing photographer he is also a great person! We had so much fun with Jack taking engagement photos and he put us at ease all day at the wedding. Family and friends commented on how much they liked Jack and how efficient he was at getting all of the group photos done. Jack managed to turn a rainy fall day into a gorgeous backdrop for all of our photos. The photos are incredible and arrived less than 3 weeks after the wedding! Working with Jack was the easiest part of our wedding and we would highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 02/23/2014

Cori Ann · Married on 10/06/2013

Wedding planning is an exercise in insanity. We agonize over the details: the dress, the venue, the catering. Once it’s all over, all we have left are the memories and hopefully the most amazing pictures of the best day of our lives; pictures that tell the story in vivid detail. Jason and I could not have wished for a more fantastic photographer for our wedding. Jack was personable, professional and easy to work with, guiding us though the process, making sure he knew who we are as a couple so that he captured our day the way we wanted. During the event, Jack was nearly invisible – he eased in and out of the crowd with the precision of a Ninja! Jack not only delivered in terms of being a great photographer, but he suggested the most amazing shots. One of our favorites was the group shot: we had around 90 guests and he successfully corralled them immediately after the ceremony and made the most gorgeous group shot of us, our wedding party and all of our guests. The pictures – all of them – are stunning. Within a couple of weeks after the wedding Jack delivered several hundred prints, digital copies of all our photos (both high and medium resolution) and the digital rights to all of it. It doesn’t get any better than this. We wouldn’t think of hiring anyone else for any future photo ops.

Sent on 03/30/2014

Robert · Married on 09/14/2013

My wife and I chose Jack for our wedding last fall, and he was terrific from start to finish. Very professional, attentive, and friendly, and an overall joy to work with. Even our guests and members of our wedding party remarked about how much they liked him. My wife hates having her picture taken, but Jack made her feel at ease immediately. Our pictures arrived quickly and we love them. Couldn't recommend Jack more.

Sent on 06/29/2014
  • User3919496 · 2+ years ago

Jack was highly recommended by several other Charlottesville brides, and we were so thankful that he was our photographer for our big day! When we got back the photos, not only were we thrilled with the posed shots but were so surprised by how many candid moments he beautifully captured.

Leading up to the wedding, other vendors always confirmed our decision to go with Jack saying he was incredibly talented, a true professional, a joy to work with, and simply the nicest guy! And they were right! Jack deeply cares about his clients. His photo packages are so inclusive – no nickel-and-diming for prints and albums – instead we received every photo in high resolution. He even included a complimentary photo booth which the guests loved – and the pictures are such a hoot!

On the day of the wedding with all the anticipation, Jack immediately put us at ease. He made sure to document all of the special details of our wedding so that we can relive the day through pictures for years to come. Well regarded and highly recommended. Thanks so much, Jack!

Sent on 02/20/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 08/10/2013

I happened upon Jack's photography when I was searching for wedding venues in Charlottesville. I was immediately blown away by his range and his ability to capture every moment in a photo-journalistic style. I'm so glad that I hired him! Jack's pricing was reasonable, he's extremely easy to work with, I hardly noticed that he was there the day of, and I'm so happy with all of my pictures. Jack was extremely flexible when the day before the wedding we decided we needed him for an extra hour. And he had all of our pictures to us within 3 weeks of the wedding. I'd recommend Jack to anyone!

Sent on 02/06/2014

Emily · Married on 08/02/2013

Working with Jack was fantastic! He was very personable and easy to talk to at our initial consultation. He gave us some great ideas for shots and assured us that we wouldn't even know he was there. The day of our wedding, he blended right in, snapping shots without us even knowing he was there. We felt so lucky to work with him and even luckier because another local professional photographer was our second shooter! He did an amazing job capturing the most intimate, fun, and unforgettable moments of our wedding. Having the photo booth was alot of fun for our guests and added the perfect touch to the venue. I loved that within the following week he had posted photos from our wedding to his blog. We didn't have to wait months to see our photos, we got a sneak peak of the best 50 within the week of our wedding! Working with Jack was wonderful and his pictures speak for themselves. I would highly recommend Jack and hope to use him again for family shots in the future!

Sent on 02/25/2014