Jacek Dolata Photography Reviews

54 | New Britain, CT

54 Reviews for Jacek Dolata Photography

Amanda M. · Getting married on 06/12/2022

Very professional and amazing work

I highly recommend Jacek he is a pleasure to work with and you can tell he takes great pride in his work. I had mine and my fiancés engagement pictures done yesterday and from the beginning he has been very timely with responding and more then willing to work with us. We wanted to take the pics where we got engaged and he was more then willing to come to the location we wanted. He was very passionate about ensuring the lighting was right and helping us figure out what stances would look best for the pictures. He was kind enough to send me a couple sneak peek pics until he finishes the rest and he did this just hours after we finished the shoot! The pictures came out great and the scenery is absolutely breath taking. I can’t wait to see the rest of the pictures and I am very excited to see the pictures he captures the day of the wedding. He is truly passionate about capturing every aspect of a picture and will go to great lengths to get the perfect angle and background while still working with you to make sure your comfortable for the whole thing and he can definitely get you to laugh and have fun during the process. Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/20/2021
  • Irene

Irene K. · Married on 05/08/2021

Every wedding needs Jacek!

We had a fantastic experience using Jacek as our wedding photographer! From the moment we reached out to book his services Jacek provided the highest level of professionalism and customer service, putting us at ease and making us laugh throughout both the planning stages and wedding day. Jacek met with us (virtually) right off the bat to get a feel for who we were and what we wanted in our photos. My husband and I were worried about looking/feeling awkward during pictures because we’re far from naturals with the camera, but Jacek alleviated that concern in our first conversation. He was easy to communicate with and prompt in responding, and he found ways to make sure we got every picture we wanted despite our tight wedding day timeline. Best of all he was incredibly fun to work with on wedding day. My husband and I and our wedding party had such a great day and Jacek was part of that. He provided a sneak peak of several pictures and they're phenomenal, we cannot wait to see the rest! We’re so thankful to Jacek for capturing our day and cannot recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 05/21/2021
  • Mary

Mary A. · Married on 12/09/2020

Mother of the Groom Spectacular!

More than we could have asked for!!! Spectacular

How can you expect to capture one of the most important events in your child’s and your family’s life? The answer is to get your photos from Jacek. He is not only an incredibly talented photographer but his dedication to his craft is obvious in the way he manages not only part of a ceremony but the entire event. The wedding pictures will be spectacular. Ours are, there is no question. But what I will forever be thankful for was his understanding that my sons pocket watch was important enough to photograph because it was from his great grandfather. The representation of time through that photo says so much and will be forever cherished. The photos of friends and family capture the event and we are so happy to have them. Your difficulty will be in choosing a few of the myriad of wonderful pictures. Other than the location Jacek was by far the most important part of this wedding. We hope you will be as happy as we are with his work. Mary Ann Kedron

Sent on 12/19/2020
  • Casey

Casey · Married on 10/17/2020

Stop looking and book immediately!

Stop! Don’t even look any further for the best photographer out there!! Phenomenal job! Exceeded expectations!! Our photos came out so much better then we could of ever imagined! He made the day so easy and was on top of it all! I was speechless when I saw our pictures!

Sent on 11/15/2020
  • Kolisha

Kolisha K. · Married on 09/12/2020

Incredibly Talented

From the moment my then fiancé and I hung up with Jacek after our FaceTime consolation we knew we wanted him to capture our first moments as husband and wife. His photos tell the story of our day so incredibly beautifully that it feels like a dream. Not only is Jacek extremely talented, he genuinely loves what he does, and it shows through his work. On a day that can feel so hectic he kept me calm and made sure we had all the important photos covered without being intrusive. He was funny, thoughtful in the moments he captured, and very professional. He entertained the children and captured every cute candid moment that occurred on the sidelines. It was like he was completely aware of what was going on around him. He exceeded our expectations by sending us a sneak peek of a few our photos in the early hours of the following morning. In that moment we knew our final photos would be nothing short of specular, and we were not disappointed. We are so grateful to be able to relive all the moments of our wedding through his work.

Sent on 11/08/2020

Am P · Married on 08/04/2020

Better than we could have imagined!!

Jacek is so incredibly talented. He worked tirelessly at our wedding and his personality was so fun and down to earth. We spent hours looking through the photos and were amazed at how Jacek was able to capture every moment that he did, and ones we wouldn't have even thought of. So many of our guests commented on how great he was. I am SO glad we found Jacek to capture such an important day!

Sent on 05/01/2019
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 07/20/2019

Easy, fun, awesome pictures

Jacek was amazing! From the start he was easy to work with. We live out of state and were unable to meet with him in person, but after our skype session, we knew he was the one we wanted. I spoke with other photographers who seemed pushy and were crazy expensive. From the start, Jacek was flexible, honest, and so fun to talk to!

Our wedding day was the first hottest day of the year (I'm sure more are to come) and Jacek was a champ! Through the 100+ degrees and humidity he was always upbeat, moved quickly so we could get back inside and at the same time got all of the shots we wanted. Throughout the entire day and night, he was everywhere capturing photos, without being distracting like some photographers can be. Jacek is amazing, we cannot wait to see the pictures!

Sent on 07/28/2019

Stacy · Married on 06/01/2019

Everything was perfect!

I am a big believer in "everything happens for a reason".....when we booked our wedding, we did so only 9 months before our big day, so many vendors were booked on our wedding date, September 21, 2018. Jacek was a referral, of a referral, of a referral. I am eternally grateful things worked out the way they did, because I cannot say enough wonderful things about Jacek and his team! When you look through Jacek's work, you're not just looking at pictures, you're experiencing them. You're feeling them. You feel something with every picture. He has a gift of capturing all of the perfect moments; all of the belly laughs, tears of joy, and best dance moves.
    I couldn't have asked for a better crew to capture our wedding! We are absolutely thrilled with our photos; I never thought I'd have such a difficult time picking my favorites! There are just so many great ones! Jacek was absolutely wonderful to work with, and I cannot recommend him enough!

Sent on 12/09/2018

David M. · Married on 01/19/2019

Excellent photographer to capture your special day!

Jacek photographed our wedding. He is very professional, has a great personality, and provided us with amazing photos! A year and a half later, we had him do another personal photo shoot of us, and again we love the pictures. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 07/07/2020

Casey · Married on 10/21/2018

Photography Genius!!

I cannot say enough about how great Jacek was as our wedding photographer. We got married in October on an unseasonably cold and windy day (mid 30s). This presented quite a few challenges for us the day of. When the day was done, I couldn’t imagine any of the pictures would come out as great as they did. We felt like everything was moving so fast and rushed just to get back indoors. But, somehow Jacek came away with the most breathtaking outdoor fall wedding photos. He had everyone laughing and smiling despite the unbearable cold. It was also really windy but that didn’t matter because Jacek still got the shots. We had our (skittish with strangers) dog there during our first look and were nervous about how this would go. Somehow (and this never happens), our dog sensed that Jacek was a dog person and Jacek worked so well with him and us. We are in love with the pictures. During the reception, his presence wasn’t noticeable (in a very good way) but he got awesome pictures of everyone at the wedding and great action shots on the dance floor. We wholeheartedly recommend Jacek for anyone’s big day, without any reservation. We felt comfortable with him immediately and still hear positive reviews from the wedding party and guests. When we got our pictures, my husband and I spent about 3-4 hours looking through them all. We laughed, we cried, and ultimately couldn’t imagine having a different photographer. Thanks so much for so perfectly capturing our day, Jacek!!

Sent on 12/29/2018

Brittany A. · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing!!!!

Jacek is amazing in so many ways! He did our engagement session and our wedding and he was unbelievable! He works quickly and gets so many beautiful photographs! He knows exactly how to make you comfortable when taking photos! Our friends/bridal party and guests loved him! We highly recommended him :)

Sent on 10/22/2018
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 10/13/2018

Unbelievably Breathtaking Photos

I can't say enough about Jacek. From the moment we spoke via Skype to receiving our photos, Jacek has been incredible. We got so many amazing shots at our wedding - they looked straight out of a magazine. Since we weren't dong a wedding video, I wanted to make sure our photos and album would be something special, and Jacek did not disappoint. His good-nature put everyone at ease, and he had so many wonderful ideas - plus you know when your photographer is jumping up and down you're going to get some good shots. I would highly recommend Jacek to just about anyone!

Sent on 03/11/2019

Michael · Married on 08/11/2018

We wanted to capture the spirit of our event, rather than just record it. We set out looking for a documentary style photographer, someone with a great eye and a more candid feel than what we were seeing in most cookie-cutter wedding photography. After viewing, meeting with and interviewing a few very good photographers, we entrusted Jacek Dolata to document our special day. It was the very best decision we could have made.
    Viewing the images Jacek took on our wedding day makes the whole experience relivable. His photographs are alive, filled with the energy, emotion and nuance that defined each moment as it happened. We walked away with exactly what we wanted, a gallery of naturally authentic, pure memories. Perfect!
    Working with Jacek was a pleasure. Through all of our discussions, meetings and interactions it was clear that his entire focus was to please us. He asked us perceptive, probing questions to really get to the core of what we were looking for, and then he delivered it. Respectful, thorough and extremely hard-working, he was everywhere throughout our ceremony and reception – we have the photos to prove it - but we hardly noticed he was there. He was completely unobtrusive, steadily getting the coverage he needed, while never distracting from the main event - us.
    I can’t say enough good things about our experience with Jacek. I am very grateful he is as good at what he does as he is.

Sent on 08/31/2018
  • Jenn

Jenn · Married on 06/02/2018

Jacek is the MAN! (He is also a photog genius)

I met Jacek at a Bridal Expo at Waters Edge in Waterford, CT. As I perused around I was really just browsing as I was newly engaged. I came across Jacek's booth and started looking at his photography. I became emotional! His work was amazing. This was in January... I only had become engaged in December. I did my due-bride diligence and researched photographers. It always came back to Jacek. He was great throughout the whole process. Super communicative and honestly a breath of fresh air. I never felt anxious with him. He put me at ease... which is SO important when planning a wedding! Ok... so yeah... the romancing went flawlessly. The BIG DAY! Our wedding was at Harkness Memorial Park in June. He was at our hotel promptly at the time I asked him to be there.... he came to the girls room and his assistant went to the boys room. He was funny... again... I felt SO comfortable. I am terrible at being candid.. It was so easy with Jacek. We get in the limo... its down pouring. Not over-exaggerating.. it is POURING. It dies down a little. I take a walk with Jacek and my other amazing vendors... debating on where to have the ceremony. We decide under the tent.... It's about an hour later... it stops raining, puddles are clearing up... Jacek say's to me, "Jenn, how much do you care about your dress getting dirty?" I said "I mean... I am only going to wear it once." He says that we should do the ceremony outside... the best photography happens in that natural light... I say ef it! Let's do it! We do, and OMG... was he right. He got the most fun shots. Seriously... my guests called him the photography ninja. He was hilarious and he was everywhere. He is a magic moment catcher... He watches, but ever so effortlessly, at least that is what it seems like. He was worth every cent and so was his assistant. He rocked it that day... they both did. You are CRAZY not to have him as your photographer. I wish he could just follow us around in general and get pics of our life haha. Thank you Jacek and your team. I've said it a million times, you were our guy the whole way through!!!

Sent on 11/05/2018
  • Hope

Hope · Married on 07/29/2017

Jacek Dolata

Jacek was amazing! He managed to make me feel comfortable during pictures and I am usually super uncomfortable being in pictures or the center of attention. He created an environment that was fun and warm! I am obsessed with all the pictures that came back!! Still posting them two years later 😍

Sent on 01/24/2020

Tali · Married on 06/18/2017

You can tell how much of his heart he puts into his work just by looking at his photos. Jacek went above and beyond as our wedding photographer. I truly cannot stop looking at every detail of the moments he captured for us. What an eye.

Sent on 06/28/2018

Julie · Married on 12/31/2016

My husband and I got married in December (2016). We couldn't have been happier with Jacek's services. He strikes that hard to achieve balance between being personable and professional. He made the actual wedding day much more relaxing than I would have expected. He got through all of our family photos more efficiently than I could have imagined yet didn't cut any corners. The actual quality of his photos is extraordinary. He uses a photojournalistic style and managed to capture many candid moments that my husband and I will cherish. For example, when my brother was speaking he knew to photograph my brother's wife who had tears in her eyes. Also, jacek was always quick to reply to email or text message throughout the planning process. His price and his contract were fair. And we received our digital photos within a few weeks of the event, as promised. I can't speak highly enough of Jacek and would use him for future events in a heartbeat. I'd recommend him highly to any of my friends and would feel confident promising that they will be happy with his work.

Sent on 03/26/2017

Michele · Married on 10/21/2016

Amazing!! Once we met with him, we knew that we couldn't get married without him. He helped calm our nerves and blended in like family. His pictures are truly a work of art. We would recommend him in a heartbeat. He's the best photographer out there.

Sent on 11/24/2016

Bill · Married on 10/01/2016

Jacek is an excellent photographer and I'd recommend him to anyone. He shot a wedding that I was the best man in, and he did a wonderful job. Very professional, very relaxed, but still managed to have fun and make it fun at the same time, and to top it all off, the photos were immaculate.

Sent on 10/14/2016

Leonette · Married on 09/23/2016

Jacek captured our attention when we met him at a bridal show with his passion and honesty. Jacek is a true photographer, not just a man with a good camera. We quickly set up a meeting and discussed what we were looking for. We were impressed with the photo’s he showed us and his ideas! We loved his personality and booked him for our engagement photos and wedding day!
    The day of our engagement shoot came and we were so nervous! Jacek’s personality quickly loosened us up making the shoot a lot of fun! In under two hours we captured eight different outdoor settings for photos! Jacek was doing everything to capture the perfect shots including crawling on the ground in high grass and making us laugh for the best smiles. We enjoyed our time with Jacek and hoped the photos would reflect it.
    Within a couple weeks we received the engagement photos and WOW were we impressed! The photo’s showed how much of good time we had and the love we have for each other. The different settings gave us so many options for our guest book album. Guests at the wedding were very impressed by it!
    The day of the wedding we had Jacek and a second shooter, Conrad. Both were excellent! The teamwork they had allowed us to get so many more photo’s than we thought there would be time for. Our limo was late but both photographers took advantage of the time so no time was truly wasted. Not a moment or guest was missed from our ceremony or reception. They captured all the traditional moments, fun times, personalities, and raw emotions impeccably! Jacek and our DJ Frank at LMX Productions coordinated together perfectly! At no time were things not running flawlessly! We truly enjoyed our day with Jacek and Conrad!
    We both strongly recommend the services of Jacek Dolata Photography for capturing every moment from your special day! We both look forward to using Jacek again in the future for more memorable life events!

Sent on 01/15/2017

Katherine · Married on 09/23/2016

Jacek was the perfect photographer match for our wedding and an absolute pleasure to work with. He was amazing at capturing our energetic and at times rowdy bridal party, working with outdoor conditions, and multiple locations. His photos are the perfect mix of classic and informal. When my husband and I looked at our photos we found not only all of the special moments we discussed with Jacek that were important to us as a couple but quite a few amazing impromptu surprises such as the groom and his first love our german shepard, our exit from the church, and the bridal party entrances. A true professional and master of his craft, Jacek knows how to get it done and have a great time doing it!

Sent on 05/24/2017

David · Married on 09/17/2016

Jacek is as good of a photographer as he is nice! He put us at ease during his initial meeting with us and this connection that we had with him from our first meeting translated into great wedding pictures!!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Krista · Married on 09/10/2016

Amazing photographer! Used him for our wedding in Stamford, CT in September 2016. He knows how to make people break out of their shell and he captures moments so perfectly. Well experienced and makes you feel so comfortable. Great personality and easy to work with! My husband and I love the photos he captured on our wedding day. Received our USB album within 2 weeks too. Amazing!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Eva F. · Married on 08/27/2016

Our photos were so beautiful that our wedding venue selected them to use for its advertisements!

Jacek was our wedding photographer and we loved his work so much that we used him again for a newborn photo shoot after we had our son. Our wedding venue (La Bella Vista) ended up asking for our permission to use our wedding photos in its advertisements and promotions because they came out so beautifully! Friends and family similarly have raved about our photos. Not only does Jacek have an eye for detail, but he has a way of anticipating and capturing “Kodak moments”-emotional reactions, smiles, winks, lighting, and so much more. He is also very responsive (always got back to me right away), personable, and funny-which helps everyone relax and look natural in the photos. He was also highly professional and helpful in providing information generally about what works best for scheduling and other practical issues that arose during the process. We cannot recommend Jacek enough.

Sent on 01/03/2021

Michelle · Married on 07/16/2016

My husband and I got married last July and used Jacek as our photographer. We looked into many photographers before settling with Jacek and we couldn't find a better price for what we got. Jacek included our engagement session, wedding books for us and both sets of our parents (which came out beautiful), and gave us additional prints of our choice all within the package. Jacek was also there to answer any questions along the way and we are so happy with all of his work!

Sent on 04/14/2017