Jacek Dolata Photography Reviews

43 | New Britain, CT

43 Reviews for Jacek Dolata Photography

Stacy · Getting married on 06/01/2019

Everything was perfect!

I am a big believer in "everything happens for a reason".....when we booked our wedding, we did so only 9 months before our big day, so many vendors were booked on our wedding date, September 21, 2018. Jacek was a referral, of a referral, of a referral. I am eternally grateful things worked out the way they did, because I cannot say enough wonderful things about Jacek and his team! When you look through Jacek's work, you're not just looking at pictures, you're experiencing them. You're feeling them. You feel something with every picture. He has a gift of capturing all of the perfect moments; all of the belly laughs, tears of joy, and best dance moves.
    I couldn't have asked for a better crew to capture our wedding! We are absolutely thrilled with our photos; I never thought I'd have such a difficult time picking my favorites! There are just so many great ones! Jacek was absolutely wonderful to work with, and I cannot recommend him enough!

Casey · Married on 10/21/2018

Photography Genius!!

I cannot say enough about how great Jacek was as our wedding photographer. We got married in October on an unseasonably cold and windy day (mid 30s). This presented quite a few challenges for us the day of. When the day was done, I couldn’t imagine any of the pictures would come out as great as they did. We felt like everything was moving so fast and rushed just to get back indoors. But, somehow Jacek came away with the most breathtaking outdoor fall wedding photos. He had everyone laughing and smiling despite the unbearable cold. It was also really windy but that didn’t matter because Jacek still got the shots. We had our (skittish with strangers) dog there during our first look and were nervous about how this would go. Somehow (and this never happens), our dog sensed that Jacek was a dog person and Jacek worked so well with him and us. We are in love with the pictures. During the reception, his presence wasn’t noticeable (in a very good way) but he got awesome pictures of everyone at the wedding and great action shots on the dance floor. We wholeheartedly recommend Jacek for anyone’s big day, without any reservation. We felt comfortable with him immediately and still hear positive reviews from the wedding party and guests. When we got our pictures, my husband and I spent about 3-4 hours looking through them all. We laughed, we cried, and ultimately couldn’t imagine having a different photographer. Thanks so much for so perfectly capturing our day, Jacek!!

Brittany and Sean Mcmahon · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing!!!!

Jacek is amazing in so many ways! He did our engagement session and our wedding and he was unbelievable! He works quickly and gets so many beautiful photographs! He knows exactly how to make you comfortable when taking photos! Our friends/bridal party and guests loved him! We highly recommended him :)

Michael · Married on 08/11/2018

We wanted to capture the spirit of our event, rather than just record it. We set out looking for a documentary style photographer, someone with a great eye and a more candid feel than what we were seeing in most cookie-cutter wedding photography. After viewing, meeting with and interviewing a few very good photographers, we entrusted Jacek Dolata to document our special day. It was the very best decision we could have made.
    Viewing the images Jacek took on our wedding day makes the whole experience relivable. His photographs are alive, filled with the energy, emotion and nuance that defined each moment as it happened. We walked away with exactly what we wanted, a gallery of naturally authentic, pure memories. Perfect!
    Working with Jacek was a pleasure. Through all of our discussions, meetings and interactions it was clear that his entire focus was to please us. He asked us perceptive, probing questions to really get to the core of what we were looking for, and then he delivered it. Respectful, thorough and extremely hard-working, he was everywhere throughout our ceremony and reception – we have the photos to prove it - but we hardly noticed he was there. He was completely unobtrusive, steadily getting the coverage he needed, while never distracting from the main event - us.
    I can’t say enough good things about our experience with Jacek. I am very grateful he is as good at what he does as he is.

• Jenn

Jenn · Married on 06/02/2018

Jacek is the MAN! (He is also a photog genius)

I met Jacek at a Bridal Expo at Waters Edge in Waterford, CT. As I perused around I was really just browsing as I was newly engaged. I came across Jacek's booth and started looking at his photography. I became emotional! His work was amazing. This was in January... I only had become engaged in December. I did my due-bride diligence and researched photographers. It always came back to Jacek. He was great throughout the whole process. Super communicative and honestly a breath of fresh air. I never felt anxious with him. He put me at ease... which is SO important when planning a wedding! Ok... so yeah... the romancing went flawlessly. The BIG DAY! Our wedding was at Harkness Memorial Park in June. He was at our hotel promptly at the time I asked him to be there.... he came to the girls room and his assistant went to the boys room. He was funny... again... I felt SO comfortable. I am terrible at being candid.. It was so easy with Jacek. We get in the limo... its down pouring. Not over-exaggerating.. it is POURING. It dies down a little. I take a walk with Jacek and my other amazing vendors... debating on where to have the ceremony. We decide under the tent.... It's about an hour later... it stops raining, puddles are clearing up... Jacek say's to me, "Jenn, how much do you care about your dress getting dirty?" I said "I mean... I am only going to wear it once." He says that we should do the ceremony outside... the best photography happens in that natural light... I say ef it! Let's do it! We do, and OMG... was he right. He got the most fun shots. Seriously... my guests called him the photography ninja. He was hilarious and he was everywhere. He is a magic moment catcher... He watches, but ever so effortlessly, at least that is what it seems like. He was worth every cent and so was his assistant. He rocked it that day... they both did. You are CRAZY not to have him as your photographer. I wish he could just follow us around in general and get pics of our life haha. Thank you Jacek and your team. I've said it a million times, you were our guy the whole way through!!!

Tali · Married on 06/18/2017

You can tell how much of his heart he puts into his work just by looking at his photos. Jacek went above and beyond as our wedding photographer. I truly cannot stop looking at every detail of the moments he captured for us. What an eye.

Julie · Married on 12/31/2016

My husband and I got married in December (2016). We couldn't have been happier with Jacek's services. He strikes that hard to achieve balance between being personable and professional. He made the actual wedding day much more relaxing than I would have expected. He got through all of our family photos more efficiently than I could have imagined yet didn't cut any corners. The actual quality of his photos is extraordinary. He uses a photojournalistic style and managed to capture many candid moments that my husband and I will cherish. For example, when my brother was speaking he knew to photograph my brother's wife who had tears in her eyes. Also, jacek was always quick to reply to email or text message throughout the planning process. His price and his contract were fair. And we received our digital photos within a few weeks of the event, as promised. I can't speak highly enough of Jacek and would use him for future events in a heartbeat. I'd recommend him highly to any of my friends and would feel confident promising that they will be happy with his work.

Michele · Married on 10/21/2016

Amazing!! Once we met with him, we knew that we couldn't get married without him. He helped calm our nerves and blended in like family. His pictures are truly a work of art. We would recommend him in a heartbeat. He's the best photographer out there.

Bill · Married on 10/01/2016

Jacek is an excellent photographer and I'd recommend him to anyone. He shot a wedding that I was the best man in, and he did a wonderful job. Very professional, very relaxed, but still managed to have fun and make it fun at the same time, and to top it all off, the photos were immaculate.

Leonette · Married on 09/23/2016

Jacek captured our attention when we met him at a bridal show with his passion and honesty. Jacek is a true photographer, not just a man with a good camera. We quickly set up a meeting and discussed what we were looking for. We were impressed with the photo’s he showed us and his ideas! We loved his personality and booked him for our engagement photos and wedding day!
    The day of our engagement shoot came and we were so nervous! Jacek’s personality quickly loosened us up making the shoot a lot of fun! In under two hours we captured eight different outdoor settings for photos! Jacek was doing everything to capture the perfect shots including crawling on the ground in high grass and making us laugh for the best smiles. We enjoyed our time with Jacek and hoped the photos would reflect it.
    Within a couple weeks we received the engagement photos and WOW were we impressed! The photo’s showed how much of good time we had and the love we have for each other. The different settings gave us so many options for our guest book album. Guests at the wedding were very impressed by it!
    The day of the wedding we had Jacek and a second shooter, Conrad. Both were excellent! The teamwork they had allowed us to get so many more photo’s than we thought there would be time for. Our limo was late but both photographers took advantage of the time so no time was truly wasted. Not a moment or guest was missed from our ceremony or reception. They captured all the traditional moments, fun times, personalities, and raw emotions impeccably! Jacek and our DJ Frank at LMX Productions coordinated together perfectly! At no time were things not running flawlessly! We truly enjoyed our day with Jacek and Conrad!
    We both strongly recommend the services of Jacek Dolata Photography for capturing every moment from your special day! We both look forward to using Jacek again in the future for more memorable life events!

Katherine · Married on 09/23/2016

Jacek was the perfect photographer match for our wedding and an absolute pleasure to work with. He was amazing at capturing our energetic and at times rowdy bridal party, working with outdoor conditions, and multiple locations. His photos are the perfect mix of classic and informal. When my husband and I looked at our photos we found not only all of the special moments we discussed with Jacek that were important to us as a couple but quite a few amazing impromptu surprises such as the groom and his first love our german shepard, our exit from the church, and the bridal party entrances. A true professional and master of his craft, Jacek knows how to get it done and have a great time doing it!

David · Married on 09/17/2016

Jacek is as good of a photographer as he is nice! He put us at ease during his initial meeting with us and this connection that we had with him from our first meeting translated into great wedding pictures!!

Krista · Married on 09/10/2016

Amazing photographer! Used him for our wedding in Stamford, CT in September 2016. He knows how to make people break out of their shell and he captures moments so perfectly. Well experienced and makes you feel so comfortable. Great personality and easy to work with! My husband and I love the photos he captured on our wedding day. Received our USB album within 2 weeks too. Amazing!

Michelle · Married on 07/16/2016

My husband and I got married last July and used Jacek as our photographer. We looked into many photographers before settling with Jacek and we couldn't find a better price for what we got. Jacek included our engagement session, wedding books for us and both sets of our parents (which came out beautiful), and gave us additional prints of our choice all within the package. Jacek was also there to answer any questions along the way and we are so happy with all of his work!

Kerri · Married on 07/01/2016

Jacek was AMAZING! From our first meeting and through the process Jacek shared our vision and delivered! We are incredibly happy with both our engagement session AND our wedding day photos! Jacek found unique to capture our true selves in still photography. He even did amazing work including our family dog in our engagement session! We were on a budget and Jacek was incredibly flexible when working with us! He took the time to research our venue and locate special places to take photos. Our finished wedding album is stunning!!! He devoted an extensive amount of time to our special day and we can't thank him enough!!

Kasia · Married on 06/18/2016

Jacek is an amazing photographer and I'd recommend him to anyone. When our cousin was planning her wedding and asked about a photographer we said Jacek is the absolute best. She did decide to go with him. We can't wait to see him again. He shot our wedding and he did a absolutely amazing job. Jacek is very professional, very relaxed, he jokes with you and make you feel comfortable he takes the stress out of the day, which is what every couple needs. Our pictures are amazing., the quality of his work is outstanding. The Wedding Albums also looks absolutely amazing. The man is worth every penny. Thank you Jacek for capturing our moments. You're the best!

I’m a local wedding vendor and work with a lot of various photographers. I’m highly critical on other vendors so when I write an exceptional review, it should go a long way. Jacek is among the best wedding photographers in CT or even surrounding NY, NJ, RI, MA. His documentary style wedding photography is worthy of prizes and his awards demonstrate this quality. Jacek is reasonably priced which means his affordable wedding photography services are a real value since you will have the best wedding photos. Jacek is creative so if you’re into creative wedding photos, you can’t beat him. His photo journalistic documentary style means he will capture your true emotions because you won’t even know you’re being photographed. Jacek captures images that most photographers will miss. When you require simply the best wedding photographer for your CT wedding, Jacek will capture some gorgeous images which the competition will miss.

Sarai · Married on 11/15/2015

Jacek took our wedding photos and my husband and I were impressed and wowed from the moment we met him. His passion for his work radiates through conversations and through his work. Not only did he make us feel comfortable around the camera he was very knowledgable and advised us on other non-photography wedding things. He goes above and beyond to make sure you are happy and satisfied with any and all outcomes and he makes sure he communicates constantly with anything you need. We couldn’t be happier with our choice.

andrea · Married on 05/30/2015

Jacek is a cut above the rest!! He is extremely talented & very passionate about his work. For our outdoor wedding reception, he captured the most beautiful photos that had a magical quality of light. He took all of the family standard shots in such an efficient way that my husband & I even got a chance to enjoy our cocktail hour! He was not in our face or intrusive during the wedding at all, yet he still got all of the shots. He was so well organized & he always returned my calls or emails very quickly. Jacek loves to photograph & the proof of that is obvious in the stunning photos he takes. He is an artist & was a joy to work with. My husband, my family, and I are so glad that he was our photographer. I could not be happier - I HIGHLY RECOMMEND JACEK!

jerzy · Married on 05/30/2015

I was really impressed with Jacek & his photos he took of our wedding. My wife and I were thrilled with the images he captured. We both looked great because he knew how to take flattering and interesting shots. He worked fast and got all of the moments that we hoped for. Plus, he was even willing to come to NYC to shoot our engagement session. Jacek was friendly, unobtrusive, and helped us (and all of our guests) feel relaxed, happy, and photogenic.

Jerzy

Nadia · Married on 03/28/2015

Jacek was absolutely amazing throughout the entire process! He was my sister's photographer at her wedding and he was fantastic so when my husband and I got engaged we asked her for his information. Jacek responded within hours of us emailing every single time. He was so flexible about everything. He and his assistant, Conrad, made us feel so comfortable while doing pictures and got genuine laughs out of us with their hysterical comments. He even gave me his jacket because it was cold and snowing on our wedding day! Additionally the pictures are absolutely amazing and we cannot wait to order photos and make a photo book. From black and white to creative to romantic pictures, he does it all. Also, just one week after our wedding Jacek had put up albums on his website so we could see it all again. We could not have imagined a better photographer and are so thrilled we chose him. We are already trying to figure out the next time we can utilize his services again! If you live in the Connecticut, Massachusetts, or New York area there is no better, more wonderful, more responsive photographer you could ask for. He is very reasonably priced and worth every penny.

Joshua · Married on 01/01/2015

I am so thankful that my Father hired Jacek Dolata as a photographer on our wedding. My Mom is so impressed with photos that she is carrying our luxury 12X12 wedding album with her every day. She has been showing our wedding photos to everyone she knows. We are all fascinated how memories could be preserved in photographs that Jacek took. He is an artist with amazing work skills and talent. I didn't realize how important it was to get really good photographer until I saw the photos of our wedding.We have albums in every room in our home. I even found it in my Father's car. He told me that he was showing our photos to the guys in the golf club. We agreed that Jacek will be our family photographer for a future.

Marcie · Married on 08/15/2014

Jacek was wonderful to work with. Took beautiful pics of my wedding. He made the day and made sure I wasn't getting stressed

Bonnie · Married on 10/27/2013

This warm and friendly photographer created the most incredible wedding photos of our special day. His eye for the perfect shots left my husband and me breathless. He captured all of the classic shots every bride dreams of having, but also the little moments I'll never have to forget. I still get teary when I look at the photos. I couldn't be happier.

We finally got married and in asking all our married friends for advice on wedding planning the only complaint they had was the photographer. So are very first priority in planning our event was to find a reliable photographer. I went to a well known photographer I knew and asked who he would have do his wedding and Jacek Dolata was his answer. From the start Jacek kept in contact with us not with just his responsibilities, but also in the other aspects of our wedding planning making sure everything was coming together. On the day of the event I didn’t need to go looking for him. He was already snapping shots. He fell right into the background of the event and managed to get the most memorable shots we could imagine without being in the way. After our wedding Jacek sent link to sample photos while on our honeymoon and a few after till the entire project was complete. The pictures exceeded our expectations, he has taken some awesome shots of friends and their families. Friendly, easy going and works great with people. Helps find the perfect shot for that special moment! Since this was our first experience with a professional photographer we were not aware of the cost that relates to something like this. After seeing the pictures we felt like he was worth every dollar paid! Suffice to say we are MORE than simply satisfied customers.We hope to use Jacek for future events in our life together. Thanks!