J.Starr Stylized Weddings Reviews

48 | Gilbert, AZ

48 Reviews for J.Starr Stylized Weddings

Holly Davis · Married on 04/01/2020

Five Star Treatment

I called Jennifer with a tall order: to help me with my wedding in less than 90 days. She really listened to my vision, helped me shortcut some potential issues with vendors, and gave 110% of her time and effort the week before my wedding, and the day of. I felt so much better with her help and expertise. Her attention-to-detail was unparalleled and her project-management superior. I couldn't have done it without her! I highly recommend you hire her and her team, no matter your budget level because your peace of mind on that special day is worth any price.

Sent on 01/09/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley Zweig · Married on 02/15/2020

Our Wedding Was PERFECT Because of Jenn Starr!

We got married on 2/15/20 and were beyond lucky to have had Jenn be our wedding planner. Even now a few months later, we frequently still reminisce about that weekend and could not imagine working with a more amazing person. She was our perfect match! From the start, Jenn made us feel like family and was so welcoming and warm as she guided us through the wedding process. She does her job so flawlessly, always maintaining a smile, with patience and kindness every step of the way as she always promptly answered innumerable questions from us about the day. We both have worked with many people in our lives and share the same opinion that she really is a true gem, spectacular at her job, so hard-working yet personal, and executed our wedding day without a single hiccup, with attention to the details of the day all the way down to the last minute. She also coordinated all of the other vendors, so everyone worked seamlessly together to create such a special day for us. Her caring attitude made us feel at ease throughout our wedding day, and we never had to worry about a single thing. We give her our highest recommendation and recommend her to anyone looking to have a perfectly planned wedding, as we feel so fortunate to have had ourselves. Thank you so very much Jenn!!!!!

Sent on 04/29/2020

Alli · Married on 12/31/2019

The woman we didn’t know we needed!!!

I reviewed Jennifer a year ago, shortly after hiring her, with all 5 stars. Let me tell you, after our wedding, I would give her 10 stars if I could! She is the most patient, thoughtful, caring person I’ve ever met and our wedding wouldn’t have been anywhere near as perfect if it weren’t for her and her team! 10/10 recommend!!!!

Sent on 01/10/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah Langmade · Married on 12/21/2019

100% the best decision ever

Quite simply put, our wedding wouldn’t have been as spectacular or loved by family without the support of Jennifer and her team. I have numerous examples of the thought and dedication they put in. I’ll give you a few to help if you are considering a planner (which you 100% should), why you should choose J.Starr:

1. They have Vendor knowledge! Photography is HUGE with weddings and there are literally 1000s to choose from. When I was discussing which photogs I liked Jennifer she pointed out to me different tricks and tips some photographers use that would have NOT matched my personal style. I didn’t even notice at first but after talking with Jennifer I couldn’t unsee the extra filters and edits that were used.

2. They know their Time-line management. I have never planned a wedding before and I was overwhelmed about what vendors should start when. I really wanted to maximize the bang for my buck. They seriously took the reigns with this and it was a huge relief to have someone I trust take over and make educated suggestions. Specially with the photo booth, which I had scheduled over the dinner. They caught that mix up and we were able to change the time to an hour later so more people would use it. (btw it always had a line!!!)

3. April Warner was my onsite planner. I love Jennifer and her TEAM! But April put out all the fires on my big day, literally. My favorite example involved a fire!!! I was just about to walk down the aisle and a candle fell and the glass broke right in front of my path. I was standing there with my bouquet and everyone staring at me and April Immediately went to work and put out the flame and cleared the glass. Later I requested the video of the glass breaking and I noticed that no more than 1 second after the sound of the glass shattering you can see April springing into action.

Sent on 02/06/2020
  • Suzanne

Suzanne · Married on 11/16/2019

Excellent choice!!

My daughter chose a destination wedding in Arizona and the venue needed you to use a wedding planner which I thought well if you insist but kind of a waste of money. Claire chose Jennifer and her team at J Starr Weddings. Jennifer was perfect and so worth every penny. She is fun, listens to everything you say, totally organized, helped find other amazing vendors, has empathy and just all in all made my daughters wedding one that we will never forget and the wedding of her dreams. I wish we could do it all over again just so we could work with Jennifer again. Choose Jennifer she was perfect for us and I’m certain will be perfect for you

Sent on 12/16/2019

Claire Payne · Married on 11/16/2019

Just flawless

I have gone to write my review for Jennifer multiple times and every time I just feel like my review does not do her justice! There are just too many amazing things to say about Jennifer and her team. Jennifer is genuine, creative, enthusiastic, poised and so incredibly organized. My wedding planning process was a little over a year and half and through every minute I felt supported and energized by Jen. The wedding planning process can be super overwhelming and every time I got off the phone with Jennifer I felt at ease. I can definitely be a bit of a control freak but leading up to my wedding and especially on my wedding day I knew everything would be executed flawlessly with Jennifer. And OMG was it flawless in absolutely every way! From her detailed timeline, descriptive diagrams, perfect communication with all my vendors...it was just perfect. I wish I could do my wedding day over and over again and SO much of that is attributed to Jennifer. I want to shout from the top of Camelback mountain that you should hire Jennifer and her team for your wedding! Jennifer, I truly cannot thank you enough for being such a rockstar for my wedding!!! It was everything wanted it to be and more.

Sent on 01/13/2020
  • Juliana

Juliana · Married on 11/08/2019

Amazing!!!

Jennifer was amazing. She went above and beyond in helping us plan our wedding. Our day went flawless with no issues.She coordinated all of our vendors and made sure they were all on schedule for our November wedding. Hiring a wedding planner was a must for us with our busy schedules. Having Jennifer being part of our day was the best decision we made while planning our special day. We truly felt like guests at our own wedding.

Sent on 12/05/2019

kayla · Married on 10/19/2019

The glue to my special day!

How does anyone get married without a helper?!!! There are so many details that go into planning your special day. Details I NEVER in a million years would have thought about. Having the ability to bring the vision alive while being in the background was a dream. Juggling a full time job, child at home, and vendors with a billion questions was just not the stress I wanted. Jen allowed me to enjoy my day, enjoy the process and helped so much on picking out items and selecting items that would look the best or fit the venue the best. If you can’t afford to have a planner from start to finish I HIGHLY recommend as least having a planner for day OF event. TRUST ME, that great aunt that made all your centerpieces or your mother in law that drove all your decor to the venue will appreciate having the DAY to relax with you, drink, get ready and not have to deal with 15 vendors hunting them down for where you want this or that. It’s the best gift you can give to yourself and your family. Budget for the help!!
    THANK YOU J.STARR

P.S.- You would make a killing if you added a service for writing the thank you letters! ;)
    Just saying

Sent on 11/12/2019
  • Cara

Cara · Married on 04/27/2019

Wedding Vibes

I cannot recommend J. Starr Weddings enough! My husband and I are eternally grateful for Jennifer and Alicia’s expertises, support and guidance throughout the whole planning process as well as the wedding day! I called Jennifer countless times to “vent” and she listened without judgement and lovingly offered suggestion and Alicia literally saved our Welcome Party when we asked her to step in last minute. I was a bride with a very unique vision, to say the least, and Jennifer was super supportive and encouraged my creativity (we had the BEST design-storming session). My husband and I, our wedding party and family did not have to worry about a single detail the day of our wedding and were able to soak in and enjoy every second! A bride and groom could not ask for anything more!

Sent on 01/11/2020

Nadia Manzo · Married on 03/23/2019

Desert Dweller Wedding

I called Jennifer 20 days before my wedding in a panic desperately needing a day of coordinator. On the phone I explained our goal for our wedding. The big day was being held at Lost Dutchman State Park at a group campsite with approximately 250 guests. We had all of our vendors chosen, but no clue how everything was going to come together and we quickly realized we could not do this on our own. Jennifer was gracious, kind, and enthusiastic to take on such a massive project. Because our wedding was held in a state park, my husband and I were required to bring in all of our own equipment to put on a wedding. Tables, chairs, lighting, etc.. because of this we had a slew of different vendors coming together to make our day possible and our communication with them was mediocre at best. We were about to rip our hair out trying to make sure everything was going to happen smoothly. The minute we hired Jennifer, she took on all that stress for us. She made contact with all of our vendors, created a timeline for when things we bring dropped off, picked up, and gave my husband and me simple tasks to complete. Finally, for the first time ever, my husband and I finally felt like our dream wedding was possible and it was all thanks to Jennifer and her team. I can say first hand that taking on our wedding was no easy task, there were a lot of moving parts and it was in a completely DIY venue. However, Jennifer took it on without any hesitation weeks before the big day and made all of our dreams come true. She was professional, kind, shared the joy and excitement with us, and made my husband and me her number one priority the day of. I would recommend her 100 times over. She is such a lovey woman and her passion for love and weddings makes her the perfect woman to plan the biggest day of your life.

Sent on 05/17/2019

Alicia Armijo · Married on 02/16/2019

A Bride's Dream

As someone who thought I knew EVERYTHING about weddings, a "planner" was the last thing on my mind.. and budget. I was introduced to Jennifer and her team, and knew that I couldn't survive my wedding day without them.

The first thing she did was review previous estimates/contracts and helped us SAVE MONEY! (that part hooked my fiancé...) Communication is KEY for me, and she was always prompt to respond to my emails/phone calls and text messages, no matter the time of day. She was there every step of the way and was open to all of my crazy ideas. About two weeks before my wedding I was in crisis mode! I was so overwhelmed and do not know what I would have done without the support and LOVE from Jennifer. My fiancé planned a few surprises along the way and couldn't have pulled it off without her help. They BOTH managed to keep the surprise from me, which is nearly impossible!

Jennifer Starr & Team's insight along the way and on our wedding day was priceless. Hiring her was the best decision my now husband and I made along the planning process and if I could have changed one thing it would have been to find a planner FIRST and let the rest follow! (Hello, preferred vendors!!) I will never recommend a family member or friend get married WITHOUT one.

Sent on 03/02/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 12/30/2018

Amazing!!!

I just got back from my honeymoon and am still thinking what a great wedding we had! The day was above and beyond what I had hoped for and a large part of that is due to Jennifer and her team! Being in medical school and having a mom who lives out of town, Jennifer was the glue that kept everything together. She helped keep us on track, brought up things we hadn't thought of and made the ideas we had thought of even better. On the day of, Jennifer made sure that all the moving pieces ran smoothly and that made it possible for my mom and I to relax and enjoy the party. I can honestly say that hiring Jennifer was one of my best decisions, plus she is a lot of fun to hang out with!

Sent on 01/09/2019
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 11/17/2018

Best Decision We Made

We contracted with J. Starr for our November 2018 wedding, specifically for day of coordination and designing the ‘vision’ of our big day.

We were so fortunate to work with Jennifer directly leading up to our wedding, and she made the process very enjoyable for us. She was able to take two people’s drastically different style preferences (for example: I, the bride, like warmer tones, softer features, retro stylings, while my groom insists on cooler tones, hard edges, modern styles, etc.) and merge them to create an overall wedding design that pleased both myself and my groom. We told Jen we wanted our guests to have an amazing desert wedding experience, and that’s what everyone got, with her help!

Due to circumstances outside of our control, two weeks prior to our wedding date, we had to change venues, which required a complete overhaul of several key design pieces and understandably, a lot of communication and coordination with all our vendors. Though we were so frustrated and stressed, Jen didn’t skip a beat…she was incredibly professional, helpful and just really provided consistent, high quality guidance throughout the process. Side note – engaged couples, make sure you have a relocation/construction clause in your contract with your venue!!

Jen’s long list of referrals/recommended vendors/partners and her extensive experience coordinating events in Arizona was invaluable for us. Even with all the research we did on our own once we got engaged, it was still so incredibly helpful to get Jen’s feedback regarding all our options.

Jen and her team are incredibly thoughtful and warm, which was apparent to all our vendors and guests immediately. Jen went above and beyond what we expected of her and her team, which showed through every little detail on our wedding day. We can't say enough good things!!

• Tori

Tori · Married on 11/10/2018

Best Decision We Ever Made

I don't even know where to start. Jennifer came into my life at the perfect time while I was at the beginning of my wedding planning and she happily took the reigns and I had the BEST wedding. She is heaven sent!

Connor C · Married on 11/10/2018

Absolutely amazing

Everything you want in a wedding planner, hands down. Very professional and gets the job done! Thank you Jennifer!!

Cassandra Manzo · Married on 11/10/2018

Outstanding Service

Jennifer and her team are so helpful and knowledgable throughout the entire planning process!! I honestly do not know what I would have done without their expertise and guidance! From day one they were always available to talk to, bounce ideas off of, help make decisions with me, and take us through each step through to the best day of our lives! Our wedding day was truly special and I know that the JStarr team played a huge role in that!! Thank you so much for your help! The work you do it PRICELESS!

Thomas Moss · Married on 11/10/2018

Great attention to detail

We had the goal of the perfect wedding. Jen and her team made that a reality. She worked with our modest budget and made our dreams come true. We literally could not ask for a better wedding!

Sent on 01/01/2019

Katrina Harrison · Married on 11/03/2018

Would recommend to anyone!

We could not have been more pleased in working with the J.Starr team for our wedding. Jennifer and April made the entire experience seamless and easily. From the beginning, Jennifer went out of her way to answer my questions in choosing her team for my big day. This helped to reassure I made the right decision as other vendors I was talking to didn't go to the length she did.
    I had purchased month of coordination. In working with April, the month+ leading up to my wedding, she was so professional, friendly, organized, just absolutely amazing to work with. She had every little detail covered. And all my other vendors enjoyed working with her!
    Day of, she covered little details I had missed. For instance, we did a football toss with the garter. She had a sharpe I had forgot for the groomsmen to sign it for remembrance. There was also a point in the night April and Alicia put bandaids on my feet as my new shoes had dug in on me. She helped my mom and sister bustle my wedding dress.
    I would recommend the J. Starr team to anyone. I could truly go on and on about how great these ladies are. :)

Sent on 12/29/2018
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 11/02/2018

Wedding planner

Jennifer Starr and her team were absolutely wonderful! We had most of the ‘big’ things booked on our own already—dj, venue, florist, photographer, etc., so we weren’t sure if a wedding planner was needed. We decided to move forward with a day of wedding planner, and I am so glad we did! Jennifer went above and beyond being a day of wedding planner. She helped us with answering questions we had leading up to the wedding, and took care of many details that we didn’t even think about. Numerous details came up such as ensuring the vendors had guidance on the timeline, moving the guests and violinist/cellist ensemble from one area to another, transitioning to each activity at the reception, assisting vendors with set up, guiding the photographers with the pictures we wanted captured, moving equipment...the list goes on and on. Jennifer and her team took care of it all. Our wedding went so smoothly and I don’t know how we would have pulled it all off without her help. We received so many compliments about how our wedding was so perfect, and everyone had such a fun time. There are many things that happen behind the scenes and I’m so grateful that we had help with it all. Thank you to Jennifer and her team, for working so hard in making our day so perfect and special!

Sent on 12/08/2018
  • Beckie

Beckie · Married on 10/05/2018

I couldn’t have done it with out Jennifer!

Jennifer with J Starr Stylized Weddings is the best wedding planner Ever! Every step of the process was a breeze all thanks to Jennifer. She is so organized, creative, attentive, and on the ball with all the little details. She helped me choose my vendors which were all excellent. She was then the leader of my vendor team to make sure everyone knew what, were and how. Most of all she truly cares. I could tell right away how much she cared about me and Curt and our big day. She kept me so calm and her team was beyond helpful on our wedding day. It meant the world to me.

Our wedding day was not only exactly what I wanted, it was even better than I expected. It was beyond perfect!! How many brides can say that?! Probably only J Starr brides!

I can’t thank her enough. I couldn’t have done it without her. She was the best choice I made.

Sent on 11/01/2018
  • Beckie

Beckie · Married on 10/05/2018

More than I could ask for!

Jennifer and her team are amazing! They made the days leading up to our big day and the day of a breeze. My wedding day was better than I could have imagined!

Sent on 12/30/2018

Kory · Married on 04/14/2018

Jennifer was amazing to work with. She is very professional, timely, and we really enjoyed her positive attitude. She is very detail oriented and great with coordinating with the vendors.

Sent on 04/29/2018

Toni · Married on 03/31/2018

Jennifer and her team are absolutely amazing. We opted for a shorter engagement of only 4 months and started the wedding planning process about 75 days before the big day. There's no way we could have pulled that off for a 120 people without the JStarr Stylized wedding team.

Jennifer is so compassionate and with a short wedding planning time line she was so support of about all the decisions that had to be made quickly and not only that she is very well connected to all the right people and kept finding the perfect vendor for our need, budget, and timeline.

Right from the get go she impressed me showing up to our very 1st meeting, before we even signed any contracts, with venue suggestions and had already reached out to make sure they had our date available. I interviewed 3 wedding planners in one day and Jennifer stood out far beyond the rest in every way on that 1st visit and every day after.

Sent on 07/03/2018

Sarah · Married on 12/16/2017

Jennifer was an absolute pleasure and necessity. For a while I debated about having a day of coordinator thinking that we could handle everything. I'm so thankful I came to my senses and realized that a 140 person wedding with so many details was too much for myself, my mom, and my bridesmaids to handle. Jennifer and her team helped my big day run seamlessly, kept everyone calm, and gave me a sense of security. My family, my bridesmaids, and my guests were fully able to enjoy the day and savor all of the special moments because we knew that behind the scenes, everything was running smoothly. I absolutely recommend hiring Jennifer and her team for your peace of mind and enjoyment of your special day!

Sent on 02/20/2018

Emmy · Married on 10/29/2017

Working with Jennifer was absolutely amazing! I was planning a destination wedding in Phoenix, Arizona, and was required to hire a wedding coordinator. If this wasn't a requirement, I likely would have never reached out to Jennifer, as I tend to be a planner myself. After speaking with Jennifer on the phone, I chose the "month of" package. She also gave the most amazing recommendations for vendors (I went with all of them, and so glad I did!). As the weeks neared before the wedding, the stress of planning a destination wedding definetly became more evident. Jennifer came in at the absolutely perfect time to finish all of the details for me, some last minute planning, and timeline details. It was all SEAMLESS and perfect. Words truly cannot describe how memorable everything was, and so much I have to thank Jennifer and her team for. She was able to help me "let go" and not worry about the little things. The entire wedding day was a dream! Thank you so much for helping to make my wedding a special as it was!

Sent on 11/20/2017