J. Sasu Photography Reviews

J. Sasu Photography 5
J. Sasu Photography 6
J. Sasu Photography 7

Patrick · Getting married on 11/17/2019

Such an amazing photographer. He arrived early and scouted all of the best places for photos and it was such a smooth engagement from there. His photos are beautiful. His vision is unique and hes not afraid to stop traffic for a great picture. His candid photos are my favorite and he captured us so well. I'll recommended him for ever and ever.

Sent on 10/04/2018
    J. Sasu Photography 8
    J. Sasu Photography 9
    J. Sasu Photography 10

Lisa · Getting married on 10/26/2019

We're so happy we chose J!

This review is based on our engagement session with J.

J is very clearly talented and takes his work seriously. We appreciated that he came to our engagement session prepared with a lot of ideas and creativity (and he was more than willing to brave the snow for us!) His work is beautiful, creative, and thoughtful -- it's evident with just one look at his past work.

We look forward to working with him again for our wedding.

Sent on 01/28/2019
    J. Sasu Photography 11

Seham · Married on 09/01/2019

Amazing!! 10/10 recommend

Most amazing, understanding, flexible photographer I’ve ever encountered. I reached out to him last minute and he was so flexible and understanding. He came earlier and left later than the time we agreed on which was absolutely amazing!! Our wedding photos came out in less than 7 days and they were so so beautiful!! Highly recommend him!!!

Sent on 09/07/2019
  • Manasa

Manasa Armstrong · Married on 08/03/2019

Wonderful!

I was super impressed with my choice to have Jay take our wedding photos. Everything was perfect! He was even willing to stay for some extra time when asked. I would definitely recommend him to anyone seeking an amazing photographer! He’s one of the best I’ve come across so far! I will definitely book him for any future events!! Trust me you won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 08/05/2019
    J. Sasu Photography 12
    J. Sasu Photography 13

Morgan Watkins · Married on 07/06/2019

Phenomenal!

The only wedding plan I knew from the start is that I wanted J as our photographer. He is an old friend and he’s beyond talented. He came all the way to Vermont to shoot our wedding. He made sure everything went smoothly and was always ready with ideas and input of how to make sure everything was picture perfect. He was a huge part of the day and I don’t know how I would have done it without him!

xx

Sent on 07/17/2019

Jae Cooks · Married on 06/02/2019

Great choice

Jay was extremely professional and personable. We had a small, intimate wedding and he still was just as attentive as if we had a large gathering.

Sent on 06/02/2019

J. Sasu Photography's reply:

No celebration of love can ever be too small! It was my absolute pleasure being your photographer. I’ll be here if you ever need anything!

Ronit · Married on 05/26/2019

J was awesome to work with for our engagement photos! He initially impressed us because he was so willing to plan a photoshoot that would speak to our personality as a couple, and arrived early for our photoshoot in a park to find great photo spots (actually the spots he found were even better than the spots we initially suggested). He knows the MD/DC/VA area and can recommend good spots within the city or park. He's extremely responsive, and always responded to our emails or texts within 24 hours. And the photos came out beautifully (of course!). Overall loved working with J and the final results!

Sent on 10/06/2018
  • Eleni

Eleni Thomas · Married on 05/18/2019

Phenomenal

I could not be happier with the photos J took and the experience he provided. Even from initial planning, he was very organized and professional. J did regular check ins to keep us on track while planning our wedding (to figure out timeline, group photos, etc). In the midst of all the wedding planning I was always confident with J and his ability. After the wedding, receiving the photos made it as though me and my husband could relive the whole day. The photos are truly works of art. I am so glad we chose J to be our wedding photographer!

Sent on 08/11/2019

B. Cook · Married on 11/09/2018

Rain or Shine, it was worth every bit

Me and my fiance got married outside of a courthouse in the pouring rain. J. handled every bit of it so well despite the bitter cold. Im grateful that he was so easy to work with and took such beautiful pictures.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Joshua Boyd · Married on 10/06/2018

Excellent Quality, Excellent Artist

J. was so great to work with from the beginning. When I first saw some of his work before we hired him I loved that he had a different approach and artistic edges to his photos. From the engagement session to our wedding day J. was always available to answer all our questions and really help the vision come to life. I would highly recommend J. Sasu and his team for your future pictures! You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Jillian · Married on 09/29/2018

We have absolutely loved working with J for our engagement photos—he is easy to work with and the photos turned out absolutely amazing. We can’t wait to have him photograph our wedding!

Sent on 04/29/2018

Jillian Reith · Married on 09/29/2018

Absolutely Stunning Photos

J was incredible to work with for our wedding—he was easy to communicate with, he fit in wonderfully with our group on the day of, and last but not least the photos were absolutely stunning. He got them to us incredibly quickly and we loved both the photos and getting to share them with our friends via the online gallery. We highly recommend J!

Sent on 10/30/2018
    J. Sasu Photography 14

Laura · Married on 09/21/2018

J Sasu went above and beyond for our wedding photos! Not only did he arrive a day early to scout out our venue and the places we wanted to have our photos shot, he was super flexible and accommodated our schedule even as our timeline shifted unexpectedly the day of. One of the reasons we chose J was because we loved how creative his photos were, and that they weren't just the same kind of wedding photos you see everywhere. He was great at directing shots and making sure to capture the unique parts of our wedding. Even prior to the wedding, we were impressed by his proactiveness in asking great questions well in advance of the wedding to make sure we would get all the photos we wanted the day of. He was a pleasure to work with, and I would recommend him if you want a reliable and creative photographer for your special day!

Sent on 09/24/2018
    J. Sasu Photography 15
    J. Sasu Photography 16
    J. Sasu Photography 17

Brian · Married on 08/26/2018

He did our anniversary wedding photos and they were incredible. You can tell hes always well prepared because hes always thinking of ways to take a unique picture. Everything we did with him felt so natural and the photos really capture us. Hes incredible and the finished photos speak volumes to his work and creativity. He's our photographer and ill recommended him to anyone for anything.

Sent on 10/04/2018
    J. Sasu Photography 18
    J. Sasu Photography 19
    J. Sasu Photography 20
    J. Sasu Photography 21

Hillary · Married on 05/12/2018

Engagement session: There aren't enough words to describe how much we enjoyed working with Joey for our engagement session. Due to inclement weather and busy work schedules, we had to split the session in two parts. Joey was so accommodating and willing to be flexible throughout the whole process. He took the time before the session to check out our two photo locations and set up a Pinterest board for photo ideas. He provided great direction throughout the session and the photos turned out better than we ever could've imagined!

Wedding Day: Joey has a true passion for photography and takes great attention to detail when prepping for each of his couple's wedding day. He does everything he can to ensure the schedule is perfectly laid out and the couples have the opportunity to make their wedding day (and the captured photos) truly their own. He was always open to our ideas and made great suggestions along the way. We appreciate his amazing work!

Sent on 09/15/2017

Monica · Married on 10/27/2017

We had a wonderful photo shoot with J. He was responsive from day 1, working with us via email, phone and pinterest to go over ideas since we live out of town. He created a shot list with everything we requested and scoped out our location prior to our arrival in DC to make sure the shots were doable. He was also great at capturing the candid moments we weren't expecting in between shots. I can't wait for our wedding day photos and highly recommend him to anyone looking for a fun and exciting photo shoot!

Sent on 05/07/2017

Ken · Married on 10/27/2017

I cannot sing enough praise for Jay’s photography. He and his team did our engagement photos on location in DC and our wedding in Maryland. His team was on time, gave great direction and produced unique and unforgettable shots that I’ve NEVER seen before at a wedding. He loves to experiment but also does traditional, beautiful shot. He got really invested in our event and cared how the shots turned out. He also did a good job rounding up our family at the event to get some really good shots. We were so unbelievably happy with his service and our photos. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/17/2017
    J. Sasu Photography 22
    J. Sasu Photography 23
    J. Sasu Photography 24
    J. Sasu Photography 25

Robin · Married on 10/01/2017

Everyone, including myself, had nothing but good things to say about J. He was always around taking pictures, but he would do it in way where you didn't know so you didn't feel like you were being followed by a camera. He got so many great shots and I loved all of the pictures we got back. He is very professional and showed up before the time we told him we would be there. I definitely recommend him to future brides and grooms!

Sent on 10/01/2017

J. Sasu Photography's reply:

It was great seeing all the work we put in come together. My team and I wish you the best!

Maggie · Married on 09/30/2017

My fiancé and I used Joey for our engagement shoot. I was worried that since I knew him from high school that I would feel awkward but J made us feel extremely comfortable from the moment we arrived. J was beyond prepared for our shoot! He met with me about a week prior to go over details of what he does and to ask about how I wanted the photos to appear. He even created a Pinterest board and used it as a reference to make sure I got all of the shots I wanted. He knew exactly how to position us and make us pose to get the best shots. J even arrived to the photo shoot site over an hour before our appointment time to scope out the best spots and lighting. He really thought of everything and after leaving the shoot, J sent us a few edited photos. I was amazed at how quickly he was able to edit everything- we got our finished photos within a week! We knew right away that we wanted to use J for our wedding and I would highly recommend him to any couple!

For our wedding photos: “J was extremely professional and responsive throughout the planning process for our wedding. He was not afraid to try new things and was able to direct my chaotic family for portraits during our cocktail hour! We were extremely satisfied with how the pictures turned out and impressed with how quickly he got them back to us after our wedding. We would definitely recommend him!”

Sent on 06/13/2017

Gary · Married on 09/30/2017

Sent on 10/28/2017

Kristin · Married on 05/13/2017

I booked J at the recommendation of a friend after being tired and frustrated of trying to find a photographer that didn't over charge and didn't take weeks to respond to an email. And wow, am I glad I did!! The day of my engagement photos, I knew I had made an excellent choice. It was freezing cold, and unbelievable windy, and I think I complained the entire time! But J was nothing short of professional, understanding, and encouraging. He fought through the elements with us and was excited about it the whole time, promising me along the way that we were getting great shots. And he was right! We got our photos back like a week later! And they were amazing. We used them for our Save The Dates as well as decor throughout the wedding. For your wedding, J is exactly what a bride needs. He is extremely detail oriented and made sure to get every shot I had requested in addition to capturing everything that was going on. He arrived at the venue early and scoured the whole place looking for the right places to get the shots we wanted -- he even took a golf cart out to scout a spot I had found in a picture! Your wedding day goes by in a blur, and J did an amazing job of capturing so many moments I found myself struggling to remember. Looking through my wedding photos, it's such a joy to not only relive the memory, but also discover the "in between" moments you didn't realize was happening at the time. Besides being an incredible photographer, J is the ultimate professional. He answers every email quickly, has answers to questions I didn't even know to ask, and really takes the time to get to know you and make sure he is giving you exactly what you are looking for. Just days after my wedding, he was texting me "sneak peaks" which not only made me so excited to see all of the photos, but really gave me the sense that he was just as excited as I was - you will not be "just another bride" to him. His passion for his work and his strong work ethic truly sets him apart.

Sent on 05/31/2017

J. Sasu Photography's reply:

I'm really glad I could be a part of your day. Taylor Swift and weddings are two of my favorite things and I had so much fun.

Meghan · Married on 10/07/2016

Joey was awesome to work with for our wedding!! He was super organized, and very professional; Joey was always on top of things and reaching out to us to plan next steps in the process. We felt like we were in good hands the whole time! The engagement shoot was fun, and his planning for that was more than expected. As for the actual wedding day, Joey was organized, flexible, and remained calm despite the craziness of a wedding day! We love the photos! Joey is talented, creative, and once again, organized and professional. He exceeded our expectations, and we highly recommend him!!

Sent on 12/27/2016
  • F

Tanya · Married on 10/02/2016

J. did a fantastic job with our anniversary photos! He has a comfortable personality that puts you at ease while he takes the most amazing photos. I really appreciated his photography style and vision. Also, J. is flexible and creative with different settings. Our photos will be treasured for years to come! My husband and I strongly recommend J. for all photography needs!

Sent on 08/02/2017

J. Sasu Photography's reply:

I only wish we could have met earlier! You and Nigel were a lot of fun!

Mara · Married on 08/20/2016

Jay truly helped to make our wedding such a beautiful and memorable day. He was extremely easy to speak to and be in touch with, and was also very professional. Also as important, his photographs of us and our wedding were amazing. My husband and I bought an album, canvas and acrylic from him and they are such a great way for us to remember our day. We sincerely recommend Jay for any of your special events that you always want to remember.

Sent on 12/01/2016

J. Sasu Photography's reply:

thank you Mara. Your review means a lot to me and I'm glad I could help with your beautiful wedding.