J. Major's Bridal Boutique Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Brittaney
    Brittaney C. Getting married on 10/09/2021

Amazingly Accommodating

Nicole and Kaylyn were amazing! After having shopped earlier in the day at J. Majors, I had returned to take another look at my top 3 dresses. I was from out of town and only in for the weekend. Understanding that I did not know when I would be back, they made time to stay open and accommodate myself and my party. After picking my dream dress, they even put a hold to their personal plans to size me and fully explain the ordering process. Shopping at J. Majors was an amazing experience and I would highly recommend to anyone looking for their dream wedding dress!

J. Major's Bridal Boutique's reply:

You and your group were so sweet and so fun to work with! We are both so excited for you and can't wait to see you again when your dress comes in!

Love,
    Nicole and Kaylyn
  • Casey
    Casey T. Married on 07/31/2021

Great Experience

On the day I went wedding dress shopping, I went to J Majors and a few other local bridal boutiques. By far and away, I had the best experience at J Majors. Right away, my group and I were greeted by Nicole who gave us the option to peruse the racks and pick out a few gowns I wanted to try on. She gave us enough space to look on our own, but was always there to assist with carrying, zipping, etc. She listened to what I was looking for and pulled other dresses similar to styles I was leaning towards. I ultimately ended up purchasing my dress, veil and belt at J Majors and was so grateful I did.
  • Caroline
    Caroline Married on 06/18/2021

Friendly Staff & Gorgeous Gowns!

J Majors was the perfect spot for wedding dress shopping! Not knowing what I wanted, I had been to so many places trying on dozens of dresses. I was honestly starting to get a little overwhelmed, but then we walked into J Majors and were blown away! The staff was extremely friendly, professional, and helpful and I felt very comfortable sharing my wants without being judged or pushed in a particular direction. Once I picked the perfect dress for me, the J Majors staff were right there with me to suggest alterations and steaming it before the big day. My dress was perfect for me and I cannot thank J Majors enough for making the process an enjoyable one!
  • User5420877 1+ year ago

Beautiful boutique

Boutique shopping with attention to detail. Beautiful selection of dresses.
  • Alexa
    Alexa V. Married on 08/15/2020

In love with my wedding dress!

Had the best experience with J Majors! They were the only bridal boutique where I walked in and felt like they really understood what I was looking for. Thank you Courtney and team for helping me say yes to the dress!
  • Stephen
    Stephen J. Married on 10/26/2019

Wonderful experience!

I walked in to J. Majors with a budget that I really could not go over and a very particular style of dress I wanted. Lace and sleeves! The consultant I worked with took all of this in to account and helped me find my dream dress! I walked right by it and didn't even select it initially. It was a sample dress in excellent condition. She pulled it for me and honestly the second I put it on I had that moment where I knew it was the one. I was very pleased with my experience at J. Majors and would recommend them!
  • bryce
    Bryce Married on 10/05/2019

Best wedding dress ever

J. Majors helped me find a dress more perfect than i could have imagined. The whole team made me feel comfortable and helped me find a dress I am so in love with. They made me feel so comfortable during the whole process and my dress came in so quickly! They have an amazing selection of dresses in all different price ranges! I would recommend over and over again.
  • Michelle
    Michelle J. Married on 09/28/2019

Best bridal shop in Charlotte

Amazing selection of QUALITY dresses, super friendly staff, and well priced
  • Samantha
    Samantha H. Married on 09/21/2019

If you want an amazing experience and dress. Shop here!

Stop looking for dress places. Go to J Majors! You will be greeted by sweet and professional ladies! They treat you like a princess and make your dress shopping experience so special! They are very knowledgeable and professional! They also have amazing perks when purchasing with them!
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 06/22/2019

Convenient and helpful

I am so happy that I got my dress from J Majors! I chose a Jenny Yoo gown that was gorgeous on my wedding day. They work with a local alterations store and helped with transportation to and from the alterations location. My dress was ready to go on time and steamed! I highly recommend shopping for dress there but do suggest that you already have an idea of what you want.
  • Logan
    Logan Married on 06/15/2019

I purchased my wedding dress in the old building but went to pick it up in the new storefront that is absolutely beautiful. The staff were accommodating every time we were in store- which was more than one occasion, as one time I went to just try on my dress once it came in so that my sister who lives out of state could see it. JMajors was an upscale experience that still fell within our budget for the wedding.
    Margot Married on 05/25/2019

Wonderful and stress-free shopping experience!

I had such a wonderful experience at J Majors! The whole staff is so sweet and friendly and the new store is lovely. I am a generally indecisive person and the consultants were so sweet and patient during my initial and return appointment. Once I chose the dress of my dreams they offered helpful suggestions about alterations and accessories. I also love that they transported the dress to and from alterations appointments, stored it until the wedding, and steamed it right before pickup, all of which helped us avoid any stress about storing it safely.
  • Gabrielle
    Gabrielle P. Married on 10/21/2018

Wonderful Customer Service

The dresses and customer service at J. Majors is amazing. They have such a variety of dresses, and all of them are in pristine condition. As soon as you walk in you are greeted with such kindness and positive energy. I had tried on so many different dresses at various boutiques in the Charlotte-area, and none of them are what I had imagined my prefect dress to be. When I told my consultant, Rachel, what I was looking for, she immediately was able to pull 8 dresses that fit my wants. She then took her time to listen to my likes/dislikes and pull more based off of what she was hearing. It was the most personal interaction I had in my entire dress search. They never viewed me as a 'sale opportunity' but as a bride. If you are looking on finding your perfect dress and for amazing customer service, J. Major's is your place!
  • Alex
    Alex Married on 08/25/2018
    J Major's is hands down the best place to go if you're looking for a great experience and beautiful, unique dress. The overall experience was just wonderful. The appointments are 2 hour time slots, which is definitely more than enough time to find your dream dress (I tried on about 12 dresses in an hour). They only schedule 2 appointments at a time, and you will have almost half the store to yourself. I brought 6 people with me and there was room for everyone! They listen to what you are looking for and suggest what brands they think you may be interested in, but ultimately you get to choose the dresses you want to try on by tagging the dresses. They also have the price on the dresses which I LOVED. No surprises when you go to try on a dress and then find out its out of your budget. They also are extremely flexible with what they can do to personalize your dress. I was considered that the mesh on my dress was too light, and Heather texted the designer while I was standing there to confirm that the mesh could be changed- talk about amazing customer service. Once I found the dress, they gave us champagne to celebrate. My experience at J Major's was everything I envisioned dress shopping would be. Highly recommend!
    Ashley Married on 05/05/2018
    The dresses at J. Majors are gorgeous and their staff is amazing and very helpful. I purchased my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses from them and had a great experience both times.
    Ashley Married on 02/10/2018
    I had a wonderful experience at J. Major's all around! It was easy to schedule an appointment and I was able to get right in to look around and meet with a consultant. I LOVED being able to look through each and every dress on my own. So many other bridal boutiques don't let you do that, which I was growing very frustrated with. At J. Major's, I easily marked the hangers of the dresses that I liked (and most importantly, the ones in my budget!) and my consultant organized them in my dressing room for me. What I loved about that was it caused any stress or anxiety to go away. I was able to casually look through things, take my time, and no one made me feel uncomfortable or was pushy...totally my style! Everyone on staff was so nice, welcoming, calm and accommodating and the store was beautiful and organized - every single time I visited. After purchasing my dress, they were very quick to respond to my e-mails with status updates on when the dress was scheduled to arrive. Once it came in, i tried it on again and then worked with them to get alterations done with a local seamstress they recommended. J. Major's transported my dress and I just had to show up for my fittings. So easy! I would definitely recommend J. Major's to any bride looking for a nice, memorable, stress-free wedding dress shopping experience!
    Erin Married on 10/28/2017
    J Majors was the second bridal shop I went to and it had exactly the boutique feel and customer service that I was looking for and didn’t get in the first shop. CJ was awesome to work with and she totally got my vision for the type of dress I wanted and what did and didn’t work for my body. She was awesome and super friendly to me and my family. When I found the right top and the right bottom style on two different dresses CJ suggested getting a custom design in order to get the best of both in one dress. The fitting process was fun and easy, the dress turned out beautiful, and I was offered a discount for dress cleaning and preservation after my wedding. Definitely recommend!
    Liz Married on 09/30/2017
    I had been to several other wedding dress shops before I went to JMajor's. None of the others gave me that fun experience I was looking for. Sadly my bridesmaids are located all over so I was bummed when I had to go on this appointment alone. From the minute I walked in I never like I was in the process by myself. Caroline was my stylist and she was informative and so helpful. I felt like at other places no one was listening to my budget and it was very frustrating. She never once pressured me into trying on dresses she knew I couldn't afford. She also was happy to take multiple pictures of me in every single dress I liked so I could send them to my mom since I had no one there with me. I found the dress of my dreams and truly have Jmajor to thank for that!
    Lonjezo N. Married on 09/17/2017
    I'm so happy I was referred to J Major's! I absolutely loved my experience there. Everyone is so nice, welcoming, and attentive. They made sure my guests had a great experience as well. I would definitely recommend J Major's to anyone looking for a dress. I'm in love with the dress I picked and wish I could do it all over again!
    Lauren Married on 11/12/2016
    I found the dress of my dreams at J Majors thanks to their patient and knowledgeable staff! They were my first stop for wedding dress shopping day and stayed open past close when I called them from another salon saying that I think the J Majors dress I picked out was the one! They were so patient and encouraging without being pushy, would definitely recommend to a friend!
    Courtney Married on 09/24/2016
    The staff at J. Majors was so accommodating and easy to work with. They let me try on as many dresses as I wanted and allowed me to come back multiple times until I found the perfect Jenny Yoo dress with a belt by Erin Grey Couture. They were easy to communicate with and had my dress ready and waiting when we picked it up for portraits and for the wedding. I bumped into the owner, CJ, at the alterations place and she was so helpful and gave me the opinions I needed from a professional! My shopping experience here was perfect and I highly recommend them!
    Nikki Married on 09/24/2016
    Both my wife and I worked with Polly when picking out our dresses on different days and she was great! The entire staff working was so welcoming and really helped us find the dresses of our dreams!
    Nicole Married on 06/18/2016
    Preparing for a wedding can be crazy and stressful but there are amazing aspects, being a sappy lover of romantic comedies and Say Yes to the Dress I was looking forward to finding the dress! Stepping into J. Major's was nothing short of the movie moment I’ve always dreamed of! The atmosphere of the shop is incredible, the girls that work there are absolutely amazing they make you feel so welcome. I had an appointment and was first asked what I was looking for, ideas I had then I got a tour around the shop and was explained different gowns and designers. I was given little tags to tag dresses I wanted to try on, and my stylist looked around and picked out a few for me as well. The whole process was incredible the stylist was great, she helped me in and out of dresses and fluffed them when I got in front of the mirror. When I found the dress it was everything I thought it would be, after all the excitement was over about the dress she asked if I was going to wear a veil and I said yes and she walk away and came back with the prefect one for my dress! I was measured and got a chance to meet the owner who is so sweet and has a contagious smile! The thing about J. Major's is that it doesn’t stop there, they had my dress transported to and from the alterations place, when it was time for my bridal portraits they steamed the dress and had it ready for me to pick up. After that they housed my dress and veil until my big day, when I got the dress it was put on a form and it had a sweet note on it as well! Even now that my day is over they’re pointing me in the direction of someone who can clean and preserve my dress. Choosing J. Major's isn’t walking in a store and buying a dress it is an experience that you’ll never forget!
    Lindsey Married on 06/11/2016
    They were so wonderful at J Majors! They made me feel so comfortable and were extremely knowledgable about their dresses and accessories. I would highly recommend them to anyone in the Charlotte area!
    Deirdre Married on 05/28/2016
    First and foremost; I love J. Majors and the lovely ladies that work there. The day of my appointment I didn't think J Majors would have the dress for me because I thought I had found "the one" the day before at another bridal salon. I actually said to my mother "J Majors would have to blow me away for me not to go back at get that gown" referring to "the one" I thought I found.

First off the salon is beautiful, bright and airy, with perfect feminine touches. They have a wonderful selection dresses as well as accessories without being overwhelming. The dresses were organized by designer (if I remember correctly), so make sure to look at the price if you don't want to fall in love with a dress out of your price range. Speaking of which, they have a nice price range from very affordable, below $1,000 to more expensive gowns.

Well, I didn't think J Majors could blow me away with even one gown, but was I wrong. I found 3 that all very well could have been "the one". And in the end I went with one of the gowns I fell in love with at J Majors, a beautiful Watterstoo gown that was almost exactly like my dream designer dress ($$$$$). The dress had an illusion neck that I planned on removing and making the dress strapless. If I couldn't have done that I wouldn't have picked that dress.

Now fast forward to a year later and my first correspondence with my church's wedding coordinator. The church doesn't allow strapless dresses. This is the first time this is mentioned. I was in a total panic, I was just 8 weeks out from my wedding!!! I went to CJ to see if there was anything she could do. First thing she said was "don't worry we got this". She ordered the lace appliques from Watters and the dotted Swiss lace from my dress and designed a beautiful bolero to cover my shoulders. You couldn't tell that it wasn't made by the designer. It was perfect. Throughout my fittings and the shoulder crisis CJ, Polly, and Heidi were there every step of the way!!!