J. Major's Bridal Boutique Reviews

J. Major's Bridal Boutique 7
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 06/22/2019

Convenient and helpful

I am so happy that I got my dress from J Majors! I chose a Jenny Yoo gown that was gorgeous on my wedding day. They work with a local alterations store and helped with transportation to and from the alterations location. My dress was ready to go on time and steamed! I highly recommend shopping for dress there but do suggest that you already have an idea of what you want.

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Logan

Logan · Married on 06/15/2019

I purchased my wedding dress in the old building but went to pick it up in the new storefront that is absolutely beautiful. The staff were accommodating every time we were in store- which was more than one occasion, as one time I went to just try on my dress once it came in so that my sister who lives out of state could see it. JMajors was an upscale experience that still fell within our budget for the wedding.

Sent on 07/17/2019

Margot · Married on 05/25/2019

Wonderful and stress-free shopping experience!

I had such a wonderful experience at J Majors! The whole staff is so sweet and friendly and the new store is lovely. I am a generally indecisive person and the consultants were so sweet and patient during my initial and return appointment. Once I chose the dress of my dreams they offered helpful suggestions about alterations and accessories. I also love that they transported the dress to and from alterations appointments, stored it until the wedding, and steamed it right before pickup, all of which helped us avoid any stress about storing it safely.

Sent on 07/09/2019
    J. Major's Bridal Boutique 8
    J. Major's Bridal Boutique 9
    J. Major's Bridal Boutique 10
  • Gabrielle

Gabrielle Pipitone · Married on 10/21/2018

Wonderful Customer Service

The dresses and customer service at J. Majors is amazing. They have such a variety of dresses, and all of them are in pristine condition. As soon as you walk in you are greeted with such kindness and positive energy. I had tried on so many different dresses at various boutiques in the Charlotte-area, and none of them are what I had imagined my prefect dress to be. When I told my consultant, Rachel, what I was looking for, she immediately was able to pull 8 dresses that fit my wants. She then took her time to listen to my likes/dislikes and pull more based off of what she was hearing. It was the most personal interaction I had in my entire dress search. They never viewed me as a 'sale opportunity' but as a bride. If you are looking on finding your perfect dress and for amazing customer service, J. Major's is your place!

Sent on 12/11/2018
  • Alex

Alex · Married on 08/25/2018

J Major's is hands down the best place to go if you're looking for a great experience and beautiful, unique dress. The overall experience was just wonderful. The appointments are 2 hour time slots, which is definitely more than enough time to find your dream dress (I tried on about 12 dresses in an hour). They only schedule 2 appointments at a time, and you will have almost half the store to yourself. I brought 6 people with me and there was room for everyone! They listen to what you are looking for and suggest what brands they think you may be interested in, but ultimately you get to choose the dresses you want to try on by tagging the dresses. They also have the price on the dresses which I LOVED. No surprises when you go to try on a dress and then find out its out of your budget. They also are extremely flexible with what they can do to personalize your dress. I was considered that the mesh on my dress was too light, and Heather texted the designer while I was standing there to confirm that the mesh could be changed- talk about amazing customer service. Once I found the dress, they gave us champagne to celebrate. My experience at J Major's was everything I envisioned dress shopping would be. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/25/2018

Ashley · Married on 05/05/2018

The dresses at J. Majors are gorgeous and their staff is amazing and very helpful. I purchased my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses from them and had a great experience both times.

Sent on 05/19/2018
    J. Major's Bridal Boutique 11
    J. Major's Bridal Boutique 12

Ashley · Married on 02/10/2018

I had a wonderful experience at J. Major's all around! It was easy to schedule an appointment and I was able to get right in to look around and meet with a consultant. I LOVED being able to look through each and every dress on my own. So many other bridal boutiques don't let you do that, which I was growing very frustrated with. At J. Major's, I easily marked the hangers of the dresses that I liked (and most importantly, the ones in my budget!) and my consultant organized them in my dressing room for me. What I loved about that was it caused any stress or anxiety to go away. I was able to casually look through things, take my time, and no one made me feel uncomfortable or was pushy...totally my style! Everyone on staff was so nice, welcoming, calm and accommodating and the store was beautiful and organized - every single time I visited. After purchasing my dress, they were very quick to respond to my e-mails with status updates on when the dress was scheduled to arrive. Once it came in, i tried it on again and then worked with them to get alterations done with a local seamstress they recommended. J. Major's transported my dress and I just had to show up for my fittings. So easy! I would definitely recommend J. Major's to any bride looking for a nice, memorable, stress-free wedding dress shopping experience!

Sent on 03/30/2018
    J. Major's Bridal Boutique 13
    J. Major's Bridal Boutique 14

Erin · Married on 10/28/2017

J Majors was the second bridal shop I went to and it had exactly the boutique feel and customer service that I was looking for and didn’t get in the first shop. CJ was awesome to work with and she totally got my vision for the type of dress I wanted and what did and didn’t work for my body. She was awesome and super friendly to me and my family. When I found the right top and the right bottom style on two different dresses CJ suggested getting a custom design in order to get the best of both in one dress. The fitting process was fun and easy, the dress turned out beautiful, and I was offered a discount for dress cleaning and preservation after my wedding. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 01/04/2018

Liz · Married on 09/30/2017

I had been to several other wedding dress shops before I went to JMajor's. None of the others gave me that fun experience I was looking for. Sadly my bridesmaids are located all over so I was bummed when I had to go on this appointment alone. From the minute I walked in I never like I was in the process by myself. Caroline was my stylist and she was informative and so helpful. I felt like at other places no one was listening to my budget and it was very frustrating. She never once pressured me into trying on dresses she knew I couldn't afford. She also was happy to take multiple pictures of me in every single dress I liked so I could send them to my mom since I had no one there with me. I found the dress of my dreams and truly have Jmajor to thank for that!

Sent on 08/18/2016

Lonjezo & Nigel · Married on 09/17/2017

I'm so happy I was referred to J Major's! I absolutely loved my experience there. Everyone is so nice, welcoming, and attentive. They made sure my guests had a great experience as well. I would definitely recommend J Major's to anyone looking for a dress. I'm in love with the dress I picked and wish I could do it all over again!

Sent on 03/30/2017

Lauren · Married on 11/12/2016

I found the dress of my dreams at J Majors thanks to their patient and knowledgeable staff! They were my first stop for wedding dress shopping day and stayed open past close when I called them from another salon saying that I think the J Majors dress I picked out was the one! They were so patient and encouraging without being pushy, would definitely recommend to a friend!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Courtney · Married on 09/24/2016

The staff at J. Majors was so accommodating and easy to work with. They let me try on as many dresses as I wanted and allowed me to come back multiple times until I found the perfect Jenny Yoo dress with a belt by Erin Grey Couture. They were easy to communicate with and had my dress ready and waiting when we picked it up for portraits and for the wedding. I bumped into the owner, CJ, at the alterations place and she was so helpful and gave me the opinions I needed from a professional! My shopping experience here was perfect and I highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Nikki · Married on 09/24/2016

Both my wife and I worked with Polly when picking out our dresses on different days and she was great! The entire staff working was so welcoming and really helped us find the dresses of our dreams!

Sent on 10/07/2016

Nicole · Married on 06/18/2016

Preparing for a wedding can be crazy and stressful but there are amazing aspects, being a sappy lover of romantic comedies and Say Yes to the Dress I was looking forward to finding the dress! Stepping into J. Major's was nothing short of the movie moment I’ve always dreamed of! The atmosphere of the shop is incredible, the girls that work there are absolutely amazing they make you feel so welcome. I had an appointment and was first asked what I was looking for, ideas I had then I got a tour around the shop and was explained different gowns and designers. I was given little tags to tag dresses I wanted to try on, and my stylist looked around and picked out a few for me as well. The whole process was incredible the stylist was great, she helped me in and out of dresses and fluffed them when I got in front of the mirror. When I found the dress it was everything I thought it would be, after all the excitement was over about the dress she asked if I was going to wear a veil and I said yes and she walk away and came back with the prefect one for my dress! I was measured and got a chance to meet the owner who is so sweet and has a contagious smile! The thing about J. Major's is that it doesn’t stop there, they had my dress transported to and from the alterations place, when it was time for my bridal portraits they steamed the dress and had it ready for me to pick up. After that they housed my dress and veil until my big day, when I got the dress it was put on a form and it had a sweet note on it as well! Even now that my day is over they’re pointing me in the direction of someone who can clean and preserve my dress. Choosing J. Major's isn’t walking in a store and buying a dress it is an experience that you’ll never forget!

Sent on 07/23/2016

Lindsey · Married on 06/11/2016

They were so wonderful at J Majors! They made me feel so comfortable and were extremely knowledgable about their dresses and accessories. I would highly recommend them to anyone in the Charlotte area!

Sent on 03/12/2016

Deirdre · Married on 05/28/2016

First and foremost; I love J. Majors and the lovely ladies that work there. The day of my appointment I didn't think J Majors would have the dress for me because I thought I had found "the one" the day before at another bridal salon. I actually said to my mother "J Majors would have to blow me away for me not to go back at get that gown" referring to "the one" I thought I found.

First off the salon is beautiful, bright and airy, with perfect feminine touches. They have a wonderful selection dresses as well as accessories without being overwhelming. The dresses were organized by designer (if I remember correctly), so make sure to look at the price if you don't want to fall in love with a dress out of your price range. Speaking of which, they have a nice price range from very affordable, below $1,000 to more expensive gowns.

Well, I didn't think J Majors could blow me away with even one gown, but was I wrong. I found 3 that all very well could have been "the one". And in the end I went with one of the gowns I fell in love with at J Majors, a beautiful Watterstoo gown that was almost exactly like my dream designer dress ($$$$$). The dress had an illusion neck that I planned on removing and making the dress strapless. If I couldn't have done that I wouldn't have picked that dress.

Now fast forward to a year later and my first correspondence with my church's wedding coordinator. The church doesn't allow strapless dresses. This is the first time this is mentioned. I was in a total panic, I was just 8 weeks out from my wedding!!! I went to CJ to see if there was anything she could do. First thing she said was "don't worry we got this". She ordered the lace appliques from Watters and the dotted Swiss lace from my dress and designed a beautiful bolero to cover my shoulders. You couldn't tell that it wasn't made by the designer. It was perfect. Throughout my fittings and the shoulder crisis CJ, Polly, and Heidi were there every step of the way!!!

Sent on 08/18/2016

I got my dress at JMajors bridal when I was "just going to look" long and behold I put on the dress that I will be wearing on my wedding day. They have prices to match any budget... I still have not seen any other place that has the unique design as my dress. Very happy!!!

Sent on 02/06/2015

Sydney · Married on 01/29/2016

J. Majors Bridal Boutique is the only bridal boutique you will ever need to visit in the Charlotte area!

Their wide range of gown styles and budgets will suit just about anyone. It has been my experience that every staff member I have encountered has been nothing short of amazing, attentive, and encouraging. I did do quite a bit of browsing online before my initial visit, so I had exactly what I wanted in mind, which was lace, beading, and a silhouette that was fitted in the right places. My consultant showed me around and helped me with the designers that could offer the style I sought. I purchased the Enzoani Jaime gown, which I fell in love with online and had all my desired details perfected and more. Of course, I needed a little extra time just to be sure, as it came with a hefty price tag, but my consultant was patient, kind, and told me to take as long as I needed. It took me no time to bite the bullet because it was most certainly the one, and I knew that CJ’s team would take great care of me. CJ, the boutique’s owner, took my measurements, and her advice helped me make a decision that I quite possibly could have regretted in the end. Various consultants communicated with me throughout the entire process and notified me immediately once my gown came in. They even delivered it to the alterations shop and then prepped it for my wedding day, and they have been great resources for local drycleaners and preservationists.

I have been thoroughly impressed with the ladies at J. Majors Bridal Boutique, and I would most certainly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 02/26/2016

Catherine · Married on 11/21/2015

The ladies at J. Major's are completely top notch! I worked with Heather and she was so wonderful in helping me find THE dress! Their selection is outstanding and they have a little bit of something for everyone. I wound up getting everything but my bridal shoes from J. Major's! CJ assisted in my alterations for the big day - and she got that thing to fit me like a glove - it was as if it was custom-made. I had a kind of tight deadline, but the timeliness of all of my items was perfect. I truly enjoyed my experience working with them - they were a complete joy! I highly recommend their shop!!

Sent on 05/02/2016

Best bridal boutique in Charlotte! The staff was simply amazing! They helped me pick out my dress, my bridesmaids dresses, and all of my jewerly. I couldn't find jewerly that I loved so they even had different pieces brought to the boutique for me to look at! Seriously the best experience ever! Thank You!

Sent on 12/05/2015

Brooks · Married on 10/24/2015

I loved my experience at J Majors! I had been several times before with friends who were getting married so I knew the quality of the service before I went for my bridal gown. They were the first salon I went to and I found lots of beautiful dresses to try on and narrowed it down to two. I went to two other salons but always kept coming back to one of those dresses in my mind. I ended up going back by myself and tried on the dress again and purchased it that day. I always felt like I received very personal service. I went back and got my veil there when I tried on my dress for the first time after it arrived in the store. I also had my bridesmaids order their dresses through the salon as they were given a discount since I got my dress there. Everything was wonderful! The dress was perfect as was the veil and the bridesmaid dresses were just what I was hoping for (since I didn't see them in the actual color I chose until they came in for the girls). I can't recommend J Majors enough! They don't do in-house alterations but can recommend somewhere to go. They steamed my dress before my bridal portraits and then before the wedding so it looks great!

Sent on 12/02/2015
  • Jessi

Jessi · Married on 10/15/2015

Top-notch shopping experience and great customer service once the purchase was made as well. Nice variety of price points and styles.

Sent on 11/10/2015

J Majors and it's wonderful staff were absolutely instrumental in creating my wedding day look. I bought my dress very early on in the planning and they helped pair the rather simple dress with all the accessories I needed. Every time I went in, I felt like a princess. Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/28/2015

I really enjoyed my experience with J. Major's. My family and friends came with me to find my gown, and the sales lady ensured we all had a great time! They were on top of things throughout the process of ordering and preparing my gown for the big day, even going so far as to deliver and pick up my dress from the alterations place! Everyone there was helpful and friendly. Their selection of gowns is also great, I loved perusing every time I went to the store! I also ordered my bridesmaids gowns from them, which was easy as well. Overall, I loved my experience and would refer any bride to J. Majors!

Sent on 12/02/2015

Belinda · Married on 06/13/2015

We used J Majors to purchase a veil for my wedding dress. They were so helpful and considerate in helping me find the right veil for me and my dress. I would highly recommend them in the future to anyone looking for a bridal gown or accessories!

Sent on 07/01/2015